• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoflare

I will pretend I have the willpower to not hang around and look at all the spoilers.

I don't.

I am terrible with spoilers. Sometimes I actually spoil myself to prevent myself rushing the game if I'm too eager.

I tried my very best for not spoiling P3, and I'm proud that I did. However I spoiled myself to bits from Giant Bomb for p4 since I never expected it having a portable port.

Aha, but you're wrong! Sony didn't confirm that at all.

At the time, we all wondered why the wording was so vague. Why would Sony themselves not shout "2015" at the top of their lungs, bolding it and underlining it in order to tout a Sony exclusive that would be making it to their platforms the next year? They did so for the other games, after all. "Following the Japanese release"? Heh...

Haha... Wonder why, huh.

lol
is hardin your overlord? are you his anti-hype secret weapon?

jzbluz

I managed to avoid spoilers for P3/P4 because I didn't really spend that much time online. It would be kinda nice to play P5 without knowing anything of significance, but I doubt I have the willpower to avoid spoilers.

Weiss

Banned
Q. Do you think everyone will evacuate this thread when Persona 5 gets released in Japan? How will you guys hide from spoilers?

I legitimately cannot remember the last time I went into a game blind, so I'm forcing myself to go on spoiler blackout for Persona 5.

DNAbro

Aha, but you're wrong! Sony didn't confirm that at all.

At the time, we all wondered why the wording was so vague. Why would Sony themselves not shout "2015" at the top of their lungs, bolding it and underlining it in order to tout a Sony exclusive that would be making it to their platforms the next year? They did so for the other games, after all. "Following the Japanese release"? Heh...

Haha... Wonder why, huh.

You right now

Monokuma+loves+despair.jpg

https://twitter.com/Atlus_jp/status/555726069227995137

アトラスの最新作『デビルサバイバー2 ブレイクレコード』発売まであと14日!先着特典は、目黒将司が手掛ける新曲をアトラスサウンドチームのアレンジでお届けする限定サントラ!

Latest of Atlas "Devil Survivor 2 break record" the 14th to go until release! Arrival benefits, limited soundtrack to deliver a new song that Shoji Meguro maker in the Arrange of Atlas Sound team!

Now Google translate isn't great and I can't read that. Does it say that the soundtrack has a new Shoji Meguro track, or a newly arranged Meguro track?

Meia

Depends what's meant by "blind" or "spoilers". I don't think it's going to be possible to go in without knowing any changes to systems that are going to be made, as that's going to be yelled about ad nauseum at least in general in any persona 5 thread, so you'll have to avoid every single one there. Considering how a Persona 4 LTTP can't be made there without like dozens of people gushing about it, I imagine almost ANY change to the way that game works with 5 will cause a stir.

I also think it's going to be impossible to go in without knowing about the existence of which characters the game is going to have. You can probably avoid anything discussing what they're actually like as a character, possibly even names, but the actual looks I doubt.

If you mean the actual story, yeah that's not exactly hard to avoid. People were very good in IRC and in this thread about story beats when it came to Persona Q and Ultimax. I know a few of us knew about some of the massive story spoils for Q and didn't spread them, so we're a pretty trustworthy bunch I think, so no need to avoid PGaf I don't think...

Weiss

Banned
but if localization takes 5 months like persona q, you're really gonna do it?

I'm devoted. Like I said, I don't think I've ever gone into a game blind. That's fine for the most part, since the execution has always been more important than the actual reveal, but I want to experience P5 as freshly as possible.

I mean, I want to know as much as I can about the game, but I'm not going to delve into any story spoilers.

FluxWaveZ

You right now

Ha, I keep getting that comparison.

t1423125000z1.png

The 20th day mark has arrived. The grand conclusion of the battle between hope and despair approaches... That moment of anticipation as everyone holds their breath and go "is it happening?" will be pretty fun.

On the topic of P5 spoilers, I'll be avoiding them, easily. Don't know if it means I'll be avoiding this thread (probably more than usual, for sure), but I'm good at avoiding spoilers and completely ignoring games I'm the most excited for when they're finally released in Japan. I pay a bit too much info to pre-release media, but it's completely off of my radar until it's released in NA, and that goes for anything I anticipate (PQ, Danganronpa, Ace Attorney, Zero Escape, etc.) This time, though, I might also avoid a fair amount of the pre-release media, unless they handle it especially well.

DNAbro

Ha, I keep getting that comparison.

t1423125000z1.png

The 20th day mark has arrived. The grand conclusion of the battle between hope and despair approaches... That moment of anticipation as everyone holds their breath and go "is it happening?" will be pretty fun.

On the topic of P5 spoilers, I'll be avoiding them, easily. Don't know if it means I'll be avoiding this thread (probably more than usual, for sure), but I'm good at avoiding spoilers and completely ignoring games I'm the most excited for when they're finally released in Japan. I pay a bit too much info to pre-release media, but it's completely off of my radar until it's released in NA, and that goes for anything I anticipate (PQ, Danganronpa, Ace Attorney, Zero Escape, etc.) This time, though, I might also avoid a fair amount of the pre-release media, unless they handle it especially well.

that timer is upsetting. That on Thursday right? It's the only day I have early class.

Is this...despair?

We all now the real reason P4D got delayed is because they're switching it to 3DS instead of Vita.

Wait, is this true?

Q. Do you think everyone will evacuate this thread when Persona 5 gets released in Japan? How will you guys hide from spoilers?

I'm gonna slow down my visits here. Well, I already kinda did it when PQ and P4AU came out to avoid spoilers... I'm finishing P4AU now and I don't know when I'll be able to play PQ. I'm being cautious here lol

DNAbro

Wait, is this true?

I'm gonna slow down my visits here. Well, I already kinda did it when PQ and P4AU came out to avoid spoilers... I'm finishing P4AU now and I don't know when I'll be able to play PQ. I'm being cautious here lol

of course it isn't true

Sophia

The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to Persona, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the plot twists are the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Spoilers awaits you.

So then, technically, isn't The Answer the only Persona game with a single-phase final battle? I mean, -technically- Ultimax's final boss is only 1 form, but since
you fight Sho several times in that same sequence, it's more or less the same thing.

I guess that really depends on how you view Persona 1 and it's weird split route setup. But apparently the SEBEC route ending happens after the Snow Queen ending, so....

And I don't count the fighting games. Especially Arcsys ones that potentially make you fight the same final boss multiple times. (Hello first BlazBlue!)

FluxWaveZ

Heh, I've been trying to find some info regarding Spring of Birth's 48-page booklet in order to decide whether or not I should get P3M#2's CE, and I came across this from the creators talking about Makoto Yuki's original creation as a character, in a part where they were reminiscing how he was originally more cutting:
Kazuki Adachi (Producer) said:
When I went back and looked at the original draft of the screenplay, in that scene where he hangs out with Junpei and Tomochika at the arcade, after Tomochika says something like, "Hey, let's have some fun," Makoto says, "This will be the first and the last time." (laughs)
They talk about how they tried to relate his personality to the in-game dialogue choices in P3 and such, too. I'll probably get the CE for bits of info like that.

Edit: Haha, they should have kept this one:
Adachi: said:
Also, there's that scene after Fuuka is shoved by Natsuki and she and Makoto are eating takoyaki. In the original draft, it was a rice ball, not takoyaki, and Fuuka goes, "I'm sorry. You didn't have to get this for me," and Makoto goes, "120 yen." (laughs)
After that, Fuuka says, "Okay, I'll pay you later, all right?"

Nimby

Banned
I legitimately cannot remember the last time I went into a game blind, so I'm forcing myself to go on spoiler blackout for Persona 5.

I don't think that will be an issue. We're looking at relatively short reveal to release timeline. I want the game to be as fresh as possible too, but I don't think I can resist the temptation :(

The solution obviously is to learn Japanese in the meantime and play it on JP release date.

I'm probably going to give up twitter, tumblr and youtube before this thread. Treat it like Dangan Ronpa.

Finaaaaally!!
In case anyone still plays Animal Crossing on the 3DS, thought this was neat. I've seen a few of these here and there, but these versions look pretty good, and it's a complete set for the female cast of both games(something I hadn't seen before), so here.
That's pretty awesome!
Heh, I've been trying to find some info regarding Spring of Birth's 48-page booklet in order to decide whether or not I should get P3M#2's CE, and I came across this from the creators talking about Makoto Yuki's original creation as a character, in a part where they were reminiscing how he was originally more cutting:

They talk about how they tried to relate his personality to the in-game dialogue choices in P3 and such, too. I'll probably get the CE for bits of info like that.

Gotta love him.

The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to Persona, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the plot twists are the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Spoilers awaits you.

I guess that really depends on how you view Persona 1 and it's weird split route setup. But apparently the SEBEC route ending happens after the Snow Queen ending, so....

And I don't count the fighting games. Especially Arcsys ones that potentially make you fight the same final boss multiple times. (Hello first BlazBlue!)

What IS the canon ending of Persona 1 anyway? I always assumed SEBEC was it bur apparantly that's not the case?

Dantis

Have you guys heard the Persona 3 Reincarnation album....its a thing of beauty ;__;

I like some of the tracks. Want To Be Close is amazing. Full version of Burn My Dread, and Last Battle are also amazing.

The rest are probably weaker than the originals, in my opinion.

Have you guys heard the Persona 3 Reincarnation album....its a thing of beauty ;__;

I kinda have a love-hate relationship with it. Most tracks I love (Want to be Close, Unavoidable Battle, and especially Deep Breath Deep Breath) but there's one or two that just really rub me the wrong way (the Poem for Everyone's Souls comes to mind). You should definitely try out the Persona 4 Reincarnation album if you haven't already, I'd say it's a bit better pound for pound.

PK Gaming

Wow, they really should have kept both of those lines

Blunt Makoto is the best Makoto

FluxWaveZ

Wow, they really should have kept both of those lines

Blunt Makoto is the best Makoto

Here's something:
And in the scene at the end after they've reached
Fuuka
, when Junpei suggests that they throw
her
a party to celebrate
her
return, Makoto says, "Good luck with that." (laughs)
Jun Kumagai (Screenplay): said:
Wow, if he's that bad, it makes you want to see that version, doesn't it?
I do sort of want to see an original draft version. We'd show it to the fans and say we were poring over it and creating a definitive edition. (laughs)

A bunch of other stuff I'm seeing, like how they originally wanted to implement "tsuki" into Makoto's name ("moon", in Japanese), how they considered "Sakuya" from the stage play, and how they made changes to the original P3 story since the movies are supposed to be about Makoto Yuki, not as much about his companions like it was in the game. This is just the section about the protagonist, too, so there's probably a whole lot more info I'm not finding. Decided to get the CE for Midsummer Knight's Dream.

They've added this image to p-ch's "Pick Up Contents" section:

Xenoflare

I remember there was a meme/joke about the P3MCs name being something Gekkoutaro in the movies. A lot of pictures of a chubby p3mc was flying around. Can anyone find them?

Here's something:

A bunch of other stuff I'm seeing, like how they originally wanted to implement "tsuki" into Makoto's name ("moon", in Japanese), how they considered "Sakuya" from the stage play, and how they made changes to the original P3 story since the movies are supposed to be about Makoto Yuki, not as much about his companions like it was in the game. This is just the section about the protagonist, too, so there's probably a whole lot more info I'm not finding. Decided to get the CE for Midsummer Knight's Dream.

They've added this image to p-ch's "Pick Up Contents" section:

I got the collector's edition of Spring of Birth if you have any questions about the translation booklet.

FluxWaveZ

Interesting. Atlus has just announced that, on March 19 they will be releasing an "Atlus Best Collection" version of Soul Hackers (3DS) for 2,980 JPY.

That's after the "The Best" version of Persona 4 Golden (Vita) on February 5.

The newest mainline Persona release and the newest mainline Devil Summoner release getting re-release versions this year... Visions of:
1996 - Revelations: Persona and SMT: Devil Summoner (might as well be 1996)
2006 - Persona 3 and SMT: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army (might as well be Devil Summoner 3)
2016 - ???
Haha... no, but seriously, something's up.

I got the collector's edition of Spring of Birth if you have any questions about the translation booklet.

Nice. All I'd really want to know is: do you think it was worth it? Do you like it?

Interesting. Atlus has just announced that, on March 19 they will be releasing an "Atlus Best Collection" version of Soul Hackers (3DS) for 2,980 JPY.

That's after the "The Best" version of Persona 4 Golden (Vita) on February 5.

The newest mainline Persona release and the newest mainline Devil Summoner release getting re-release versions this year... Visions of:

Haha... no, but seriously, something's up.

Devil Summoner Super Live on March 19th incoming?

They're giving a lot more attention to the Golden re release though, the Soul Hackers one doesn't have it's own website separate from the original releases'.

FluxWaveZ

They're giving a lot more attention to the Golden re release though, the Soul Hackers one doesn't have it's own website.

I'd say it's actually the same scenario, since the P4G re-release website is just a modification to an older version of it. The old version of the Soul Hackers website has been modified the same way, with a promo announcing the "Atlus Best Collection."

Edit: Ah, wait, I missed the part where the old P4G website was actually given another section, so you're right. They did just announce it, though, and the timing of both is pretty unique. I do think that the re-releases might be significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom