• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at things like Yosuke having the right size bikinis or characters concealing full on weapons in their school uniforms as "its a video game/cartoon/anime/comic/manga/etc". The entire idea of the p4 crew entering a big screen tv in a public department store and then later exiting it without anyone seeing them and no security cameras on those big tvs is just impossible. If this does become a plot point later in P4 then I apologize (just rescued Rise).

In the end how things happen doesn't always need a good explanation, it just happened so here is the comedic pay off like the girls pushing the boys into a river where king moron vomited into.

Jonnax

I look at things like Yosuke having the right size bikinis or characters concealing full on weapons in their school uniforms as "its a video game/cartoon/anime/comic/manga/etc". The entire idea of the p4 crew entering a big screen tv in a public department store and then later exiting it without anyone seeing them and no security cameras on those big tvs is just impossible. If this does become a plot point later in P4 then I apologize (just rescued Rise).

In the end how things happen doesn't always need a good explanation, it just happened so here is the comedic pay off like the girls pushing the boys into a river where king moron vomited into.

I thought that the explaination was that Yosuke is a creep. And a creeper is gonna creep. He probably spied on them buying underwear at Junes.

I thought that the explaination was that Yosuke is a creep. And a creeper is gonna creep. He probably spied on them buying underwear at Junes.

That can work as well

Honestly Yosuke seems to be the most inconsistent character in tone. One scene he's a clutz on a bike crashing into trash cans, one scene he's a manipularive suave ass pulling out bikinis, next he's fairly serious about the murders. I can never get a good feel for how he'll react in any given scene

Jawmuncher

I suppose

Though it's pointless to discount the events that happened on the P3 side, or the ignore the P3 epilogues either. For all intents and purposes, they're both canon.

I really hate when canon events have to be cherry picked. Oh well this is still handled better than P4A1

Dantis

I used to think this, but apparenlty there's something in Asia called "raw drunk", a mind over matter thing. They think it's really alcoholic, they subconciously get drunk. P4 is full of these things

I'm pretty sure I remember an interview where one of the staff said "We're aware it doesn't make any sense in Japanese or English, but it's just a bit of fun" or some such thing.

CorvoSol

That can work as well

Honestly Yosuke seems to be the most inconsistent character in tone. One scene he's a clutz on a bike crashing into trash cans, one scene he's a manipularive suave ass pulling out bikinis, next he's fairly serious about the murders. I can never get a good feel for how he'll react in any given scene

Yosuke's the idea's guy. He has an idea and then tries to act it out. He just also happens to be kinda inept.

I dunno, Yosuke's probably one of my favorite P4 characters, because he starts out just a really crap guy and you get to see him work his way up to being a sort of decent person.

Jawmuncher

Just finished up all the stories in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Such a better story structure than the first not to mention it was really enjoyable. I'm curious about that one guy though.

whole story seemed to do nothing but tease sho and his future. Really wondering what they're going to do with him in the future. Apparently he was listed as P5Hero in the game files or was that faked? Regardless seems he'll be coming back in some form in the future. Which I'm ok with.

I just put together the OT title lol.

pan-hime

whole story seemed to do nothing but tease sho and his future. Really wondering what they're going to do with him in the future. Apparently he was listed as P5Hero in the game files or was that faked? Regardless seems he'll be coming back in some form in the future. Which I'm ok with.

misread; he's listed as newboss_O

Lunar15

The campout is only bad at the bit with the swimsuits.

The King's Game is bad all the way through, and literally makes no sense, to the extent that even Atlus have acknowledged that it makes no sense (specifically, the characters being drunk but not actually).

My friend's fraternity pulled a prank on new recruits by filling up kegs with O'Douls (non-alcoholic beer), but not telling any of them. Of course, they had plenty of recruits start acting drunk at the party, despite them never drinking alcohol at all.

Cheska

Just finished up all the stories in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Such a better story structure than the first not to mention it was really enjoyable. I'm curious about that one guy though.

Funny, I'm making my way through this myself. I finished the Persona 4 side a while ago, and am currently "reading" through the P3 side. It's still pretty nonsensical, but I will say that the Persona 3 side is a little more engrossing.

For me personally, that may be because outside of Persona Q, I haven't revisited the P3 side in a while, so I find it more refreshing to play as the characters that contributed to me falling in love with this series.

Jawmuncher

Funny, I'm making my way through this myself. I finished the Persona 4 side a while ago, and am currently "reading" through the P3 side. It's still pretty nonsensical, but I will say that the Persona 3 side is a little more engrossing.

For me personally, that may be because outside of Persona Q, I haven't revisited the P3 side in a while, so I find it more refreshing to play as the characters that contributed to me falling in love with this series.

Yep I enjoyed the P3 side for the same reason.
Since P3 is still my favorite game and cast. Game made me want to boot up P3P again.
If only Persona 3 could get the golden treatment. Hell not even that . Just P3P combined with FES would be nice.

Yep I enjoyed the P3 side for the same reason.
Since P3 is still my favorite game and cast. Game made me want to boot up P3P again.
If only Persona 3 could get the golden treatment. Hell not even that . Just P3P combined with FES would be nice.

You mean P3P features with FES presentation?
I'm kind of surprised they haven't done so already.

EDIT: How dapper.

arue

Speaking of P3, Makoto is currently working as a waiter guys.
80tyWu9.jpg
Trust me, it's totally legit.

After over a year of owning a Vita I finally bought P4G and have seen the light. I really didn't think I'd like anything about it, but after playing 10 hours over the last two day...its just amazing. Like what. Last time I ever doubt a consensus of a game being that good. I've been listening to Your Affection nonstop when I haven't been playing the game, it's so fucking catchy.

wmlk

After over a year of owning a Vita I finally bought P4G and have seen the light. I really didn't think I'd like anything about it, but after playing 10 hours over the last two day...its just amazing. Like what. Last time I ever doubt a consensus of a game being that good. I've been listening to Your Affection nonstop when I haven't been playing the game, it's so fucking catchy.

I love how the community keeps growing. :)

Anything from high school done well is really the best in my opinion. Love how Persona explores that.

Just hope we see something of Persona 5 soon now...

I love how the community keeps growing. :)

Anything from high school done well is really the best in my opinion. Love how Persona explores that.

Just hope we see something of Persona 5 soon now...

Yeah the high school setting is really great. I, like many people I imagine, didn't always have the greatest experience in high school, so P4 is a great way of revisiting it but in a much more enjoyable way haha.

wmlk

What do you think will be more likely to show? Theme song or battle theme?

To me, the theme song and battle theme for P4 is one and the same. For P3 it was different.

Since P4's the closest mainline entry, I think it'll be similar in that regard. Either it's going to be performed or heard in the PV if they show one there. I think it's a foregone conclusion that music will be involved in some form.

DNAbro

There'll be P5 music for sure given the context, but I'm not going to expect anything else for now.

For the list of things that could happen.
1. Literally just a song or two from the game with no context.
2. A trailer/opening for/of the game with a new song.
3. The above and a start for the marketing of the game with a full unveiling.

FluxWaveZ

It will only be a mistake, in my mind, if what they do there is play Persona 5 music without any visual support or any other significant context to the song that's being played. With any Persona song, it's knowledge of the context that gives it the weight it does for me, but played without it, it doesn't have the same impact.

wmlk

Yeah the high school setting is really great. I, like many people I imagine, didn't always have the greatest experience in high school, so P4 is a great way of revisiting it but in a much more enjoyable way haha.

For me, high school only served as a four year gap before university. I just wish I could have done more for all those years and seeing that time relived in any high school media (anime like Hyouka, games like Persona 4) is interesting.

'Night of the Phantom' is all we know right now. I think that there will be something tangible there other than the music since they teased the protagonist already in visual form (I think that part's key).

FluxWaveZ

'Night of the Phantom' is all we know right now. I think that there will be something tangible there other than the music since they teased the protagonist already in visual form (I think that part's key).

There's the name and key visual, but there's also the logo.

Makio

Seeing some videos from the past concerts : Take Mayonaka TV 2012 for example , they make the stage looks like the entrance of the TV World , TV's , the floor , and the metal studio type background.

Maybe the stage for "Night of The Phantom" gonna be P5 related , some kind of scenery of the game. of more symbolic (like the chairs , chains and the phantom masks) red all over the place.

Wondering about the tracklist , some many new songs (Persona Q , Ultimax and maybe p5 song(s) ). and the old favorite of always. How many they put in any concert.

Still, there is such a thing as an alcoholic placebo effect.

You give somebody non-alcoholic beer and tell them its alcohol, there's a possibility that they'll become 'drunk'.

The placebo effect (or nocebo, depending on how you look at it) is a strange part of science that I dont think has been fully explained yet.

So while the scene may not make sense to some, it is definitely within the realms of reality.

I like how everything that they said they have "no plans for" (P4 anime, crossover P3/4 game) has ended up happening.

The culprit changed a number of times during development, but the character’s design commenced only after it was decided. I wanted the culprit to look like a normal person but leave a moderate impression. It was a difficult request, but I think Soejima did a good job.

That's interesting, considering another interview I read recently:

one of the villain characters changed in the middle of development; since the character design was done before the story change, the design did not reflect the fact that he was a villain.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/116413/Exclusive_Behind_The_Scenes_Of_Atlus_Persona_4.php

I wonder who that one is talking about
I assumed it was Adachi, since nobody else really seems to fit.

Makio

Nazi ken gonna be one of the boss battle for sure...

What do you think will be more likely to show? Theme song or battle theme?

If i can take a bet : Battle song.
But i feel they not making all the concert p5 related only for one song , gonna be something more , or that i want to believe.

PK Gaming

1UP: Outside of Persona 2, all Persona games revolve around high school life and take place in Japan. But since many of your fans are working adults, have you considered creating a Persona game that may reflect their lives? Maybe a salaryman bands together with his boss and coworkers to unlock their Personas and take down some demon? And would you ever consider creating a Persona game that takes place in America or Europe, or are you just not familiar enough with the culture to make it feel authentic?

KH: An important characteristic of the Persona series is that it’s a “young-adult fiction” work, so even though we know there are many adults in the fan base, we still chose to focus on adolescent boys and girls for P4. But there’s the precedent of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, where the party consists of adults, so we can’t say there won’t be an adult party member in the future. Also, another important aspect of the Persona series, from P3 on, is the sense of real life. For the story to take place in America or Europe, we’d need more staff with firsthand experience in those areas of the world.

Well that settles that, eh?

SS: There aren’t any characters directly based off of friends, but the first things I thought of when I heard about the story and setting were people I remembered from my school days. The fat guy, the class nerd, the jock, and so on. The Social Link characters are based more on real friends than characters in your party. I usually receive a lot of direction when it comes to party members, so in most cases, I create them without real-life models. Believe it or not, I was in the same class as an idol once. [Laughs] But I didn’t base Rise off her; she had a completely different personality.

Wow, no way! I wish he elaborated on what it was like.

DNAbro

Nazi ken gonna be one of the boss battle for sure...

If i can take a bet : Battle song.
But i feel they not making all the concert p5 related only for one song , gonna be something more , or that i want to believe.

I feel like if we hear any song it will be the main theme.

Well that settles that, eh?

Wow, no way! I wish he elaborated on what it was like.

That is some interesting stuff.

Makio

I have that llttile feel the if they put any p5 song gonna be performed for Kawamura , Hirata or Lotus Juice and no for the actual singer of the game.

I dont know why that hits me yesterday,

And some way i prefer that way , we have the new songs , but the in-game versions gonna be a surprise for everyone.

(Still thinking Meguro goes instrumental this time...)

DNAbro

I have that llttile feel the if they put any p5 song gonna be performed for Kawamura , Hirata or Lotus Juice and no for the actual singer of the game.

I dont know why that hits me yesterday,

And some way i prefer that way , we have the new songs , but the in-game versions gonna be a surprise for everyone.

(Still thinking Meguro goes instrumental this time...)

I don't think that makes much sense. If they are going to have a new singer/s this would be the best time to introduce him/her/them. And I really hope they do.

FluxWaveZ

There will be a new artist at Persona Super Live 2015. It's practically confirmed by how they've listed the artists that will be present.

I think that there will be more to Super Live than just a track or two from it's OST, but then I'm not sure what the "more" will be. I'll be very surprised if they don't take this opportunity to debut Persona 5 in some form beyond just the ost, but if that will simply be a trailer, or something more, I'm not sure. I think there will be at least a trailer or some form of gameplay footage though.

FluxwaveZ debunked some of my reasoning for this, but I do still get the feeling that Super Live exists for the sake of Persona 5.

I think that there will be more to Super Live than just a track or two from it's OST, but then I'm not sure what the "more" will be. I'll be very surprised if they don't take this opportunity to debut Persona 5 in some form beyond just the ost, but if that will simply be a trailer, or something more, I'm not sure. I think there will be at least a trailer or some form of gameplay footage though.

FluxwaveZ debunked some of my reasoning for this, but I do still get the feeling that Super Live exists for the sake of Persona 5.

This has already been confirmed on the Persona Channel site.

If you go on persona5.jp and click the "NEWS" button, it goes to the news section for Persona 5 (You can also reach this section in other ways) Take a look at what appears below:

That's right. PERSONA SUPER LIVE 2015 appears on the list of Persona 5 news. It doesn't appear on the news lists for other titles on the site. Now, when you click the articles for the event, take a look at what it is categorized underneath the title:

So, yes, it is safe to assume this is primarily for Persona 5, like you said. The title information for Persona 5 also appears at the end of each post for this event.

wmlk

This has already been confirmed on the Persona Channel site.

If you go on persona5.jp and click the "NEWS" button, it goes to the news section for Persona 5 (You can also reach this section in other ways) Take a look at what appears below:

That's right. PERSONA SUPER LIVE 2015 appears on the list of Persona 5 news. It doesn't appear on the news lists for other titles on the site. Now, when you click the articles for the event, take a look at what it is categorized underneath the title:

So, yes, it is safe to assume this is primarily for Persona 5, like you said. The title information for Persona 5 also appears at the end of each post for this event.

I don't think anyone is denying that Persona 5 will be there, but we just don't know to what extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom