• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

You've got it backwards man. Persona is actually pretty light on lesbian options... at least in comparison to the gay options. In Persona 2, there was that ever famous Tatsuya x Jun pairing (Both scenario writer Satomi Tadashi and Kaneko personally support this one)

Tadashi can shove a knife up his nose for making me endure his terribawful self-insert romance for two games straight.

TATSUYA X LISA FOR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE

PQ doesn't have Golden 3rd tier personas

Koromaru also doesn't have an evolved persona, in fact I think PQ handled it well in terms of plot

PQ, like P4A
alludes to events of max links while retaining original personas

The characters still grow and mature due to social links and that reflect within their personalities.

There isn't much to do if thw p-studio "uncannoned" the ultimate personas for the p4 cast :s

PQ alludes to events of max links ----> where is this? I haven't encountered any such… does it happen later on in the game? I just started 4th dungeon Inaba pride.

FluxWaveZ

Just finished Persona Q; was pretty impressed overall by how good the story was, since I wasn't expecting much from it in that regard. I was expecting the story to be less significant or relevant in PQ compared to P4A, but it's certainly better than that of the Arena series. Makes me wonder if P4D could surprise me that aspect, but I doubt it...

I prefer Zen and Rei to Labrys and Sho, too.

Tadashi can shove a knife up his nose for making me endure his terribawful self-insert romance for two games straight.

TATSUYA X LISA FOR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE
I thought the scene at the
Aerospace Museum in P2
was kinda fun. I wish he was at least there in
Eternal Punishment to finish his run as a Persona writer

If only he had that pairing tho...

CorvoSol

I thought the scene at the
Aerospace Museum in P2
was kinda fun. I wish he was at least there in
Eternal Punishment to finish his run as a Persona writer

If only he had that pairing tho...

Eternal Punishment is the better plot, so I can only assume Tadashi's removal was a good thing.

And elec weakness to charming prince

Yeah, at the same level I barely got by at in P4 Vanilla I pretty much steam rolled in P4G. It certainly didn't hurt that I had a ton more healing items and more hp/sp thanks to SOS and better shuffle cards (why is this called shuffle anymore you pick what you want...). The boss also seemed to do less damage, take more damage, and telegraphed it's signature attack which made guarding much easier. Yeah I was a bit smarter this time and was able to fuse a fire resist/physical resist/red wall/hysterical slap persona for the fight but even my allies were rarely put below 100 hp.

I find it weird to be complaining about how "easy" the game is because it's still challenging, just compared to how brutal certain elements of P3 FES and P4G were this game feels far more main stream and stream lined so that a larger audience can play it without rage quitting.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yeah, at the same level I barely got by at in P4 Vanilla I pretty much steam rolled in P4G. It certainly didn't hurt that I had a ton more healing items and more hp/sp thanks to SOS and better shuffle cards (why is this called shuffle anymore you pick what you want...). The boss also seemed to do less damage, take more damage, and telegraphed it's signature attack which made guarding much easier. Yeah I was a bit smarter this time and was able to fuse a fire resist/physical resist/red wall/hysterical slap persona for the fight but even my allies were rarely put below 100 hp.

I find it weird to be complaining about how "easy" the game is because it's still challenging, just compared to how brutal certain elements of P3 FES and P4G were this game feels far more main stream and stream lined so that a larger audience can play it without rage quitting.

Well, I kind of like it better. I like my personas to not be that hard, if I want my SMT games to be hard, I'll play a mainline one generally.

FBmJLzC.png

Xenoflare

PQ alludes to events of max links ----> where is this? I haven't encountered any such… does it happen later on in the game? I just started 4th dungeon Inaba pride.

Yosuke's max link event. The fight is link 10, link 9 is where he talks about his thoughts meeting you at the hills overlooking the town

It definitely popped up somewhere during in dungeon talks or strolls, can't remember where.

Oh and look what I found.

This_Is_My_Assistant_by_Crazy_Chesh.png

I really wouldn't put any serious thought into PQ's lack of upgraded Personas. They made them into a gameplay mechanic, and that's it. I wouldn't seriously consider the canonicity of them at all.

Verder

just finishing up Q. Somethings just came to mind

was more love put into Q than Ultimax? I feel Ultimax was kinda rushed and felt more like a Arc Systems story than it did from Atlus themselves. Ultimax was cool and all but Q was just great in every other way. The OST was perfect from start to end.
Especially the part where the girl chases you in the Evil Spirit Club.

Anyone here using the XL to play Persona Q?

Are you bothered in anyway by the fact that NA won't have a normal N3DS option and you're stuck with the XL model?

I am seriously thinking about just getting an Australian N3DS because I dislike playing JRPGs on that huge pixellated XL screen. But I fear DeSu Break Record won't have an EU release given the Overclocked fiasco. The fact that PQ came out in EU so quickly gives me hope but DeSu and SMT IV really hit hard.

I'm playing through Persona 3 Portable again but this time with the male route since I only played the female route years ago. Anyone know what changes they've made from FES for the male route? Do I still have to be forced into that harem situation like in FES?

I've noticed that you don't have access to all of the weapons and can't use fusion spells.

God, male route is so goddamn mopey.

Anyone here using the XL to play Persona Q?

Are you bothered in anyway by the fact that NA won't have a normal N3DS option and you're stuck with the XL model?

I am seriously thinking about just getting an Australian N3DS because I dislike playing JRPGs on that huge pixellated XL screen. But I fear DeSu Break Record won't have an EU release given the Overclocked fiasco. The fact that PQ came out in EU so quickly gives me hope but DeSu and SMT IV really hit hard.

Of all the upcoming games, Break Record Breaker is the one that I'd be the most worried about not getting a timely EU release. John Hardin has mentioned that he's looking into it, but that doesn't really mean much in terms of guaranteeing a fast release.

I prefer the XL regardless, but I've found the benefits of not having to worry as much about delayed localisations, as well as a cheaper eshop, made an NA system worth importing over buying an EU region one.

Nimby

Banned
Yosuke's max link event. The fight is link 10, link 9 is where he talks about his thoughts meeting you at the hills overlooking the town

It definitely popped up somewhere during in dungeon talks or strolls, can't remember where.

Oh and look what I found.

This_Is_My_Assistant_by_Crazy_Chesh.png

I will accept nothing less than Kanji for the velvet room attendant in P5.

arue

I like it! Although he looks almost scared, or surprised.

Great art! Reminds me of the P3MC's awakening scene.

Thanks guys. He probably looks almost scared because of the pupil haha.

I'm playing through Persona 3 Portable again but this time with the male route since I only played the female route years ago. Anyone know what changes they've made from FES for the male route? Do I still have to be forced into that harem situation like in FES?

I've noticed that you don't have access to all of the weapons and can't use fusion spells.

God, male route is so goddamn mopey.
I have listed some change in P3P from FES, but you might already know most of them through your female playthrough.
  • Harem situation still applies.
  • Only one-handed sword for MC.
  • Fusion spells are available as items. They can be obtained through gems or requests.
  • Elizabeth's requests are different. No more Fusion Spell requests, but there are missing people requests.
  • Inari Sushi in Naganaki Shrine now gives a duplicate of one of your skill cards instead of allowing you to increase money and item drop, etc. in Tartarus.
  • No more midnight time slot, so after you go to the arcade or karaoke at night, the game will move on to the next day.
  • You can save your game in the school desk after school.
  • No anime cutscenes.
There are more changes for the battle mechanics, like controlling your teammates and the dizzy status effect, but probably you know these already.

Of all the upcoming games, Break Record Breaker is the one that I'd be the most worried about not getting a timely EU release. John Hardin has mentioned that he's looking into it, but that doesn't really mean much in terms of guaranteeing a fast release.

I prefer the XL regardless, but I've found the benefits of not having to worry as much about delayed localisations, as well as a cheaper eshop, made an NA system worth importing over buying an EU region one.

Thanks so much for that, didn't know about that fact.

Welll thats what I meant >.>
(Normal difficulty!)

In the case of persona where the longer you spend in dungeons=the less time you socialize and stuff, I cant justify playing on hard. All that precious S-Link time!

No, as in they're still there but that stuff he mentions is in all of them, defeating their purpose.

Did Yosuke seriously just ram an enemy with his moped. That makes so terrifyingly little sense that I don't know where to begin. Even in a game that justifies weapons and armor as being "hid in their uniforms" I absolutely can't rectify the idea of someone getting their scooter inside the TV. No. No. No, I cannot. That is the stupidest fucking thing.

Did Yosuke seriously just ram an enemy with his moped. That makes so terrifyingly little sense that I don't know where to begin. Even in a game that justifies weapons and armor as being "hid in their uniforms" I absolutely can't rectify the idea of someone getting their scooter inside the TV. No. No. No, I cannot. That is the stupidest fucking thing.

That was one of the better points in the P4GA. THEY KNOW how dumb it is, so just passed it off as one of Yu's fantasy moments.

Even Yosuke said it was dumb XD

PK Gaming

Chie can kick a shadow into the fucking stratosphere. Kanji can drag a desk into the TV world. Naoto (a minor in Japan) carries a loaded gun. Absolutely none of those things can be justified. There just comes a point where you have to segregate gameplay from canon. The scooters are absolutely a gameplay thing.

FluxWaveZ

It's like the enormous plot hole in Persona Q (dungeon 2):

How is it that a character can carry another, when they're about to get married, when their hands are stuck together?

Shameful. Only found out about this recently when watching videos, because that wasn't an option with the P4MC as the P3MC, and
their hands weren't stuck

Also, there are a ton of those. Persona Q's pretty awesome.

Dantis

A large amount of the new content in The Golden is super, super dumb.

Wait until you start getting to the new events. Hoo boy.

I don't remember being even remotely bothered by this. I always felt like the "dumb" stuff was fine because it felt self-aware in its dumbness.

The TV world is their own personal parking garage.
Duh.

wmlk

I don't even understand, man. Literally everyone I talked to loved that addition and thought it was hilarious when it came out of nowhere. This is the same game where Kanji brings a damn chair to a fight.

I think you take Persona too seriously than Persona does itself.

Meia

It bothered me slightly too. I mean, they go through the trouble early of saying how they "sneak" weapons into Junes, but the idea of "sneaking" a scooter is ridiculous. It's not a bad ridiculous, but it's silly all the same. :p

It's one of those "additions" that probably doesn't need to be there, really. Scooters open up a new town to go, and that should have probably been it. It's inclusion is just another thing that makes an already easy game even easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom