• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly it's really only Yu and Yosuke that have to sneak their weapons in. Kanji could probably just leave his in some store room near the electronics area and Yosuke could grab it for him most likely no questions asked.

While playing PQ, is it true that P3 cast can summon
Personas only during dark hour
and P4 cast
can summon Personas only in the TV world.

None of them can summon
Personas and wreck havoc or do stuff in the normal world?

Correct?

Korigama

I was already quite annoyed that not only were Arc dense enough to make the demonstrations for challenge 25 bonus DLC yet again in P4AU, as though anyone would've had any idea what to do in order to complete them without them (though like with P4A, said DLC was free), but on top of that, completing an extra five challenges with that character's Shadow was also required for it clearing all of their challenges to count. Not giving one navigator in exchange for it like the first game (Mitsuru in P4A's case) and having to do Score Attack on Risky for all of them was just salt in the wound.

Now that I've finally finished all of Mitsuru's challenges, I can't say I have any interest in bothering with anyone else's right about now.

PK Gaming

Food for thought

• In the Japanese version of Persona 3, Mitsuru occasionally speaks in English
  • In the English version of Persona 3, Mitsuru occasionally speaks in French
  • In the Japanese version of Persona 4 Arena, Mitsuru occasionally says English and French phrases, and some of her moves have French names
AtlusUSA: We in there

As long as they have their Evokers, right? Cuz they were all pretty surprised to be able to summon them without needing their Evokers in the TV World / Red Fog.

Akihiko mentions not needing his evoker in broad daylight during one of his inner monologues, but he's Mr. Psychotically-Obsessed-With-Training, so he's probably the exception.

FluxWaveZ

As long as they have their Evokers, right? Cuz they were all pretty surprised to be able to summon them without needing their Evokers in the TV World / Red Fog.

No, they don't even need their Evokers in the real world to summon. It just made things initially easier for them, but essentially became a symbol of their resolve after they weren't really needed anymore.

Basically, the P4 cast are literally the only Persona users in the series (I believe) who cannot summon their Personas in the real world.

PK Gaming

I just want to remind everyone that Mitsuru summons her Persona without an evoker if you get caught by any of the girls during the hotspring event

Just another Persona™ moment

CorvoSol

No, they don't even need their Evokers in the real world to summon. It just made things initially easier for them, but essentially became a symbol of their resolve after they weren't really needed anymore.

Basically, the P4 cast are literally the only Persona users in the series (I believe) who cannot summon their Personas in the real world.

Weird. What was the deal with Yukari being surprised about it in Ultimax, then?

Nimby

Banned
I just want to remind everyone that Mitsuru summons her Persona without an evoker if you get caught by any of the girls during the hotspring event

Just another Persona™ moment

Mitsuru thread? Mitsuru thread.

Persona_3_-_Mitsuru_Wallpaper_z8jx5.jpg

CorvoSol

Also, can't Naoto summon her Persona in the real world in X Detective?

Have the cast of Persona 4 ever tried to summon their Personas in the real world? I mean, aside from that time Rise was pretend drunk?

Xenoflare

It bothered me slightly too. I mean, they go through the trouble early of saying how they "sneak" weapons into Junes, but the idea of "sneaking" a scooter is ridiculous. It's not a bad ridiculous, but it's silly all the same. :p

It's one of those "additions" that probably doesn't need to be there, really. Scooters open up a new town to go, and that should have probably been it. It's inclusion is just another thing that makes an already easy game even easier.

The fact that the entire cast just "sneaked" in and out of the biggest display unit at the TV section in Junes without being found for almost a year is pretty telling on how serious this game is.

I don't think Persona takes itself as seriously as some of us here including myself.

It's just games lol.

FluxWaveZ

My money's still on stills of Soejima art.

Atlus designer Shigenori Soejima has drawn sketches, and the project is steadily moving forward.
God... I hope P5 is actually further along than just "character sketches and story ideas". If not, daaaaaaaaamn.... 2014/2015 release maybe? :{

Sketches...?

How long am I gonna have to wait for Persona 5? D:
Probably before versus 13.
"Shigenori Soejima has drawn sketches" haha they are really gonna squander all the series momentum they've got going. Not that I'm in a rush for P5 or anything, but I know other folks won't be happy.

Good times.

I don't think Persona takes itself as seriously as some of us here including myself.

You agree that silly moments or minutiae doesn't make everything about a game—narratively speaking—silly, right?

Xenoflare

Good times.

You agree that silly moments or minutiae doesn't make everything about a game—narratively speaking—silly, right?

Yeah? I'm not saying that the game is silly (well not in a bad way), I'm saying that we might be a bit too serious about something that is supposed to be fun.

MSMrRound

So...chanced upon these on my off day from work..let's open these up and see what I got to decorate the workplace with...

B77XWvQIMAAeww5.jpg
Naegi as well as Sakura...
and finally..
B77XYPEIYAApC8i.jpg

Wanted the P3MCXThanatos design, but this one is pretty nice too. The size of the poster was kind of bigger than what I had expected.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah? I'm not saying that the game is silly (well not in a bad way), I'm saying that we might be a bit too serious about something that is supposed to be fun.

Cool. Was just asking because there've been discussions were people discounted serious moments of the games because of more facetious ones.

Kanra

So...chanced upon these on my off day from work..let's open these up and see what I got to decorate the workplace with...

Wanted the P3MCXThanatos design, but this one is pretty nice too.

That's nice. Where did you order them from? I kind of what one now.

Xenoflare

Cool. Was just asking because there've been discussions were people discounted serious moments of the games because of more facetious ones.

Ahh I see.

I think P4 did a nice job overall separating between silliness and seriousness, I might not like all of the scenes but I did enjoy everything as a whole.

FluxWaveZ

Yosuke Uda: said:
Currently, as a producer, I'm in charge of Persona 4: Dancing All Night, which is scheduled to be released in autumn of this year. There's a lot of pressure as one entrusted with producing a new "Persona" game, but it's also very rewarding.

*5 months later
Producer & Director
Kazuhisa Wada
We'll probably never hear what happened behind the scenes with this game, but it'd sure be interesting to find out.

Nah. I'll bet we get to see a photo of him drawing the stills that he was supposed to show.

Even better: it's going to be an announcement of a concert tour where they might show off him drawing the stills.

*5 months later

We'll probably never hear what happened behind the scenes with this game, but it'd sure be interesting to find out.

Hashino said:
“Persona 4: Dancing All Night, too, is pretty much done for the most part, but we’re about to make more dances and events for it,”

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/2...q-persona-dancing-future/#2JZ4LVLuC8SmFZKV.99

Makes me wonder what happened for a game that was apparently pretty much finished to be delayed and reworked like this.

Jintor

I was going to play "Guess where MSR lives based on the powerplug in his photo" but then he upped and spoiled it the next post in

Xenoflare

Better, it's going to be an announcement of a concert tour where they might show off him drawing the stills.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/2...q-persona-dancing-future/#2JZ4LVLuC8SmFZKV.99

Makes me wonder what happened for a game that was apparently pretty much finished to be delayed and reworked like this.

*Gets tin foil hat on*

Something drastic must happened, I remember people citing that it's a quality issue, but for a game that is nearing completion getting backpedaled so hard I'm not buying that answer.

Could something happened between Dingo and Atlus soured the deal and ended with Dingo taking whatever was done away with their departure from the project? Is Dingo still at least involved with P4D?

*Tin foil hat off*

I was playing Ultimax again and I wondered about something, if Labrys and Sho were to feature in an actual persona game, what's their skill set(also attributes, weaknesses) gonna be like?

FluxWaveZ

Is Dingo still at least involved with P4D?

Yes, according to the new director/producer:
Moving forward, Persona Team will be taking primary responsibility for the development of this game while still receiving assistance from Dingo, with all hands on deck working as hard as they can to finally bring this game to you.
Obviously, something happened between the two for Atlus to remove their names from everything related to P4D, go as far as to eliminate the presence of the game's first trailer which mentioned an "earnest collaboration" with Dingo, and then put out the second trailer which made no mention of any collab. work or anything about Dingo.

Yes, according to the new director/producer:

Obviously, something happened between the two for Atlus to remove their names from everything related to P4D, go as far as to eliminate the presence of the game's first trailer which mentioned an "earnest collaboration" with Dingo, and then put out the second trailer which made no mention of any collab. work or anything about Dingo.

The fact that we haven't heard anything since then despite him talking about an early release this year and the content of the next trailer make me think that something else has happened since then.

I was playing Ultimax again and I wondered about something, if Labrys and Sho were to feature in an actual persona game, what's their skill set(also attributes, weaknesses) gonna be like?

They'd both be fairly physical focused. Labrys would use strike attacks and Sho would have slash. I could see Sho possibly having Agi/Mudo skills as well. Not sure on Labrys' element, possibly Hama. That's from me not looking at their ingame playstyle though.

Xenoflare

The fact that we haven't heard anything since then despite him talking about an early release this year and the content of the next trailer make me think that something else has happened since then.

They'd both be fairly physical focused. Labrys would use strike attacks and Sho would have slash. I could see Sho possibly having Agi/Mudo skills as well. Not sure on Labrys' element, possibly Hama. That's from me not looking at their ingame playstyle though.

I think Slash/Agi/Mudo would work on Sho, and Strike/Bufu/Hama would work on Labrys.... Labrys could also swap out Hama or Bufu for buffs.

Wait, that's just like Golden Yukiko/Chie, Agi/Mudo and Bufu/Hama

Honestly it's really only Yu and Yosuke that have to sneak their weapons in. Kanji could probably just leave his in some store room near the electronics area and Yosuke could grab it for him most likely no questions asked.

Overthinking things so much would drive me insane lol.

Meia

I actually think it's probably for the best with whatever happened with P4D. As was said, if the game was close to being done from what they said, and now it's some state of no one knows where it's at, it'd have to be a quality control issue, right?

I mean, Arena came out good, PQ came out great, only this one we've seen a problem with it. It'd almost have to be because it was garbage one would think...?

Dantis

I actually think it's probably for the best with whatever happened with P4D. As was said, if the game was close to being done from what they said, and now it's some state of no one knows where it's at, it'd have to be a quality control issue, right?

I mean, Arena came out good, PQ came out great, only this one we've seen a problem with it. It'd almost have to be because it was garbage one would think...?

Like I've said before, all signs seem to point to the game basically being rebooted from scratch.

I hope that the game that finally gets released is actually good.

Xenoflare

Like I've said before, all signs seem to point to the game basically being rebooted from scratch.

I hope that the game that finally gets released is actually good.

But is it crazy to assume that Atlus would've kept tabs on the development to prevent this from happening? For a collaboration project I would expect the two parties working together, I also would expect people from Atlus keeping an eye on the game development at Dingo.

Of course we'll probably never know why, but I don't think ”the game being bad" is the ultimate reason, interviews prior to the development shift the game seems to be okay.
Or it could be Atlus being really particular about the quality of the game, but if that is the case why did Hashino say that the game is "pretty much done and they are writing more events and dance moves"?
*Tin foil hat at full force*

I'm sure that the game would be great, but the development of P4D is a strange one.
Also here's to hope that this game won't be $69.99 once it hits Canada, our dollar is falling at the speed of light.

But is it crazy to assume that Atlus would've kept tabs on the development to prevent this from happening? For a collaboration project I would expect the two parties working together, I also would expect people from Atlus keeping an eye on the game development at Dingo.

Of course we'll probably never know why, but I don't think ”the game being bad" is the ultimate reason, interviews prior to the development shift the game seems to be okay.

Or it could be Atlus being really particular about the quality of the game, but if that is the case why did Hashino say that the game is "pretty much done and they are writing more events and dance moves"?

*Tin foil hat at full force*

I'm sure that the game would be great, but the development of P4D is a strange one.

Also here's to hope that this game won't be $69.99 once it hits Canada, our dollar is falling at the speed of light.

How badly is it possible to screw up a rhythm game anyway? Especially for a company with a lot of experience making them. I know that Dingo's last game was poorly received, but that was mostly down to the business model rather than the gameplay afaik. I don't expect anything special from the plot, but that didn't get Ultimax delayed.

Xenoflare

How badly is it possible to screw up a rhythm game anyway? Especially for a company with a lot of experience making them. I don't expect anything special from the plot, but that didn't get Ultimax delayed.

Exactly... which is why I'm skeptical about it just being a "quality issue"

Buuuuuuuuut wasting brain power on such things isn't fun, so whatever.

My winter break is coming to an end this week so that'll keep me occupied with slow Persona news days until summer :p

MSMrRound

Might not be the main reason P4D got rebooted, but Dingo was also bogged down by development for the Love Live rhythm games, which were heavily panned by critics and fans alike. The delay might have ate into the timeframe that they had in mind for P4D.

FluxWaveZ

Love Live! School Idol Paradise, another game developed by Dingo, also apparently had some development issues.

- Announced: September 9, 2013
- Release date announced (October 20, 2013): Releasing on May 29, 2014
- Delay 1 (February 25, 2014): Delayed to July 24, 2014
- Delay 2 (May 27, 2014): Delayed to August 28, 2014

It was delayed for three months, and it was given free DLC as an apology for the third delay. Who knows what happened this time, but maybe it was a case of Atlus not liking the pace they were going at as P4D's primary developer, which is why they assumed direct control, and why Dingo would still be helping as an advisor. Doesn't necessarily explain why their name was completely detached from everything, unless Atlus doesn't think an advisor role is sufficient to have Dingo's name displayed alongside their own like that in marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom