• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

[Kind of obvious, and might have been mentioned before, but famitsu says that we'll get the details of Persona Channel 2015 this week.

Oh yeah, didn't notice that. I don't think it was mentioned that they do confirm that details wiould be happening this week. But...

It's been a long time since we get some kind of Persona news from a magazine. This week and next week are going to be great.

It might not actually be from Famitsu themselves, but purely all from Atlus and the Persona Channel. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

These next two weeks certainly are going to be interesting.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth-side-p4/volumes

Volume 1 of the PQ manga is up on Crunchyroll. It's pretty much identical to the start of the P4 route in the game. Oddly it doesn't name either the P3 or the P4 Hero. I guess it will have to diverge a bit later when they start getting into the labyrinths.

Probably a "sorry to keep you (NA fans) waiting but i hope you can experience the game soon (after JPN release)" The localization team is zealous at work. Something like this I guess.

I suppose that Atlus USA isn't really big enough for him to realistically hope for a simultaneous release.

Meia

Not sure there's anything they can say, since how soon we get it will be solely dependent on how close AtlusUSA works with the head place. In other words, if they have to wait til the game is near finished before they can even start, then...

Soulflarz

Banned
Not sure there's anything they can say, since how soon we get it will be solely dependent on how close AtlusUSA works with the head place. In other words, if they have to wait til the game is near finished before they can even start, then...

Soooo, who do I nag? >.>

P4U P3 Route completeeeeed!

-Labrys' relationship with the P3 crew is obviously explained better here, but I only felt they truly became friends starting in the middle of the story. However, at the beginning their relationship is laughable, specially that scene where Labrys remembers Yukari and Ken asking her what she would do, and just because that she goes "FOR MY COMPANIONS!!" or something like that
-I like what they did with Ikutsuki here, he's probably a better villain here than in P3. lol His new voice is good. (although while playing P3 I was hoping they would leave his fate unknown)
-Maaaaaan Ken was way better here too, I really liked how he felt at the beginning of the story. Too bad Koromaru wasn't as important (serious lol), he doesn't even appear in two of the group shots.
-Aigis' Ultra Duper Mega Orgia Mode was fun.
-Haha how unimportant Adachi was in this is way too funny. Specially the end with Elizabeth returning everyone except him to the TV world.
-I also think Labrys' relationship with Sho was handled better than Yu's.
-I like the contrast in the way Labrys and Yu defeat Kagutsuchi. Labrys is able to do it thanks to the bonds she made with both the P4 cast and the P3 cast, while Yu wasn't able to defeat him with only his P4 bonds, so he needed the help of Adachi to deal the final blow.
-So this is Theodore's original voice, right? It sounded funny at first but I got used to it. lol I think his involvement in the story was pretty good.

Yup. P3 side's story is better than P4's, like, everything here is explained better (except for Rise's Persona evolution), Plus, it has Theodore and doesn't have Marie!

--------
So there's gonna be some kind of livestream of Persona news? Hopefully there's some Nintendo news there but I doubt it

FluxWaveZ

Well, that's the thing. What do you think Hashino would say in regards to Atlus and Atlus USA's localization process, especially for a game as large as Persona 5?

Probably a "sorry to keep you (NA fans; EU fans) waiting but i hope you can experience the game soon (after JPN release)" The localization team is zealous at work. Something like this I guess.

I suppose that Atlus USA isn't really big enough for him to realistically hope for a simultaneous release.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Though, for the former, I'd want the question to be explicitly phrased like, "What are your hopes for a worldwide release of Persona 5?" It'd be interesting to hear his response to that.

Meia

I just don't see how a worldwide release is even possible unless Atlus USA were like ALL over there right now.

Does Square have a "Square USA" equivalent over there, or is everything done in house?

Busaiku

The upcoming 3DS games have relatively little lag between Japan and the US.
A month for Etrian Mystery Dungeon.
Unspecified for Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, but "early 2015" probably wouldn't put it too far from the Japanese release which is Thursday.

FluxWaveZ

I just don't see how a worldwide release is even possible unless Atlus USA were like ALL over there right now.

To Busaiku's point, Persona 4 Arena was deemed "Atlus USA's largest localization project yet" by Aram Jabbari, and that was released in NA less than two weeks after the Japanese release. What I'd want to know is: how. Was the Arc System Works involvement a significant factor? Because it was a fighting game that required dual audio? Was the localization process hastier than they would have wanted? What would stop that process from being applied to a more anticipated game like Persona 5?

That kind of stuff.

Meia

I mean, it was neat, but it's also a fighting game job vs a JRPG job, so I'd imagine they'd have to be involved in the overall process way earlier just to even hope to have that kind of turn around time.

FluxWaveZ

I mean, it was neat, but it's also a fighting game job vs a JRPG job, so I'd imagine they'd have to be involved in the overall process way earlier just to even hope to have that kind of turn around time.

But then the question is what would make it so they'd be involved in the overall process way earlier for a fighting, spin-off game and not a vastly more anticipated one like Persona 5? That's the kind of stuff we don't know.

The upcoming 3DS games have relatively little lag between Japan and the US.
A month for Etrian Mystery Dungeon.
Unspecified for Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, but "early 2015" probably wouldn't put it too far from the Japanese release which is Thursday.

If we go by the placeholder, it's early May, which is over 3 months delay. Atlus USA's localisation delays tend to be fairly inconsistent. I believe their fastest ever was Devil Survivor Overclocked, which released before Japan, but that would have already been mostly translated since it was a port.

To Busaiku's point, Persona 4 Arena was deemed "Atlus USA's largest localization project yet" by Aram Jabbari, and that was released in NA less than two weeks after the Japanese release. What I'd want to know is: how. Was the Arc System Works involvement a significant factor? Because it was a fighting game that required dual audio? Was the localization process hastier than they would have wanted? What would stop that process from being applied to a more anticipated game like Persona 5?

That kind of stuff.

I believe Nich mentioned in an Slink FM interview that it seems like every newest project is the largest yet. I think this was in reference to the size of Q.

FluxWaveZ

I believe Nich mentioned in an Slink FM interview that it seems like every newest project is the largest yet. I think this was in reference to the size of Q.

Yeah, ever since P4A, that statement probably doesn't hold up much, even when compared to P3 or P4. I'm sure P5 will likely be their newest "largest project yet" when that comes around too, heh.

-So this is Theodore's original voice, right? It sounded funny at first but I got used to it. lol I think his involvement in the story was pretty good.

No. Actually, never mind, I'm wrong.

P4U P3 Route completeeeeed!

-Labrys' relationship with the P3 crew is obviously explained better here, but I only felt they truly became friends starting in the middle of the story. However, at the beginning their relationship is laughable, specially that scene where Labrys remembers Yukari and Ken asking her what she would do, and just because that she goes "FOR MY COMPANIONS!!" or something like that
-I like what they did with Ikutsuki here, he's probably a better villain here than in P3. lol His new voice is good. (although while playing P3 I was hoping they would leave his fate unknown)
-Maaaaaan Ken was way better here too, I really liked how he felt at the beginning of the story. Too bad Koromaru wasn't as important (serious lol), he doesn't even appear in two of the group shots.
-Aigis' Ultra Duper Mega Orgia Mode was fun.
-Haha how unimportant Adachi was in this is way too funny. Specially the end with Elizabeth returning everyone except him to the TV world.
-I also think Labrys' relationship with Sho was handled better than Yu's.
-I like the contrast in the way Labrys and Yu defeat Kagutsuchi. Labrys is able to do it thanks to the bonds she made with both the P4 cast and the P3 cast, while Yu wasn't able to defeat him with only his P4 bonds, so he needed the help of Adachi to deal the final blow.

Yup. P3 side's story is better than P4's, like, everything here is explained better (except for Rise's Persona evolution), Plus, it has Theodore and doesn't have Marie!

--------
So there's gonna be some kind of livestream of Persona news? Hopefully there's some Nintendo news there but I doubt it

Yeah, I much preferred the P3 route ending over the P4 ending.
I also really liked Labrys, so the fact that an entire side of the story was focused on P3 AND Labrys was perfect for me

Oh yeah, and Aigis' extreme Orgia mode was pretty awesome

FluxWaveZ

Actually, Yes.

He's on about Ultimax, not PQ.

Really? Oh yeah, upon checking, it seems I'm wrong on that one since Wikipedia and such are stating he did reprise his role in P4AU. So Willingham didn't voice Theodore in PQ, but did so in Ultimax? Weird.

Edit: Shihoko Hirata, Lotus Juice and Yumi Kawamura were present at yesterday's Junes New Year Golden Thanks Fair 2015 for a surprise set. Heh, they've been busy recently.

Drop

But then the question is what would make it so they'd be involved in the overall process way earlier for a fighting, spin-off game and not a vastly more anticipated one like Persona 5? That's the kind of stuff we don't know.

What if they started early so they could move on to another project soon? Did Atlus USA localize PQ, or was the game localized by another team?

wmlk

That kind of stuff.

That's why I make the assumption that the story content is probably ready during or somewhere near the arcade release for localization.

What else is the explanation? There isn't any.

NichM

Banned
What if they started early so they could move on to another project soon? Did Atlus USA localize PQ, or was the game localized by another team?

With a very few exceptions, we localize everything in-house. Certainly everything from our parent company is handled internally. I think I alluded to this before, but it can get hectic for us, because while over in Japan you've got at least four Atlus development teams working on things before you even get into external partners like ASW, Spike Chunsoft, and (formerly) Dingo, when it comes to localization it's the same small group of people on every title.

Sophia

No, but you can watch the old one in the TV panels menu (or whatever they called that)

Seems they assumed that because you can watch it from the TV menu, that it didn't need to play at the title screen any more like every other portable Persona game did.

With a very few exceptions, we localize everything in-house. Certainly everything from our parent company is handled internally. I think I alluded to this before, but it can get hectic for us, because while over in Japan you've got at least four Atlus development teams working on things before you even get into external partners like ASW, Spike Chunsoft, and (formerly) Dingo, when it comes to localization it's the same small group of people on every title.

Interesting that there's generally around four Atlus teams. I do remember you alluding to the fact that it was all largely the same group of people during localizations. It was a couple topics back about Persona Q.

Makio

Thats remind me i hope Persona 5 have that kind of features they have in Golden.

Cutscenes.
Artwork
Trailers for upcoming games (if Atlus have one)
(the most important) the jukebox with tracks ...
What else ... i dont know but i be happy with a cutscenes replay viewer , Artwork and tracks.

Or maybe something like the gallery of Ultimax, the fighting lines of the "party member" is a good touch.

Sophia

Oh wow, I never realized that until now. I like the original P4 intro better too...

I don't think there is a soul alive that doesn't appreciate the original intro better. I've grown on Shadow World itself, but the animation just doesn't fit the tone of the game. Especially in the later half.

But yeah, both portable halves of P2, P3FES, and P3P play their original openings if you let them sit at the title screen.

I don't think there is a soul alive that doesn't appreciate the original intro better. I've grown on Shadow World itself, but the animation just doesn't fit the tone of the game. Especially in the later half.

But yeah, both portable halves of P2, P3FES, and P3P play their original openings if you let them sit at the title screen.
Oh yeah, I know how FES and P3P show their original intro too, I just never noticed that P4G doesn't

FluxWaveZ

Interesting that there's generally around four Atlus teams. I do remember you alluding to the fact that it was all largely the same group of people during localizations.

I think it'd be teams like:

1. P Studio (Creative department 2nd production)
2. Team Maniax
3. Etrian Odyssey team
4. Creative department 1st production
5. Devil Survivor team (if that isn't just identified as part of 1st production)

But yeah, I imagine all those separate projects going with different internal teams, but then handled by the same team for Atlus USA would be pretty tough, like a situation resembling a funnel or something. Along with the external partners that NichM mentioned and stuff that isn't developed by Atlus.

So what I'm saying is, if people want Persona 5 to come out sooner, go work at Atlus USA (heh).

Busaiku

If Persona 3 gets another port/remake, it'll completely axe Female Protagonist, and just integrate Theo into Makoto's story.
You know this is what'll happen.

If Persona 3 gets another port/remake, it'll completely axe Female Protagonist, and just integrate Theo into Makoto's story.

Ideally if they remake/port P3 again I'd like them to give every SEES member a social link regardless of gender (if they did bring back a female side). They'd probably have to expand the game to let the players do social links for another month or two (or move a few more S.links to night) but that would help give me a definitive version of P3.

I'm slightly inclined to believe this after Atlus SOMEHOW managed to incorporate Theo in Ultimax without acknowledging FemC at all.

I still have hopes that one day FeMC will get some recognition from the Velvet room residents

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm slightly inclined to believe this after Atlus SOMEHOW managed to incorporate Theo in Ultimax without acknowledging FemC at all.

I still have hopes that one day FeMC will get some recognition from the Velvet room residents

Well its not hard to drag theo into canon vs having 2 mc >.> Theo just didnt have his role in p3 or something.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
I think it'd be teams like:

1. P Studio (Creative department 2nd production)
2. Team Maniax
3. Etrian Odyssey team
4. Creative department 1st production
5. Devil Survivor team (if that isn't just identified as part of 1st production)

But yeah, I imagine all those separate projects going with different internal teams, but then handled by the same team for Atlus USA would be pretty tough, like a situation resembling a funnel or something. Along with the external partners that NichM mentioned and stuff that isn't developed by Atlus.

So what I'm saying is, if people want Persona 5 to come out sooner, go work at Atlus USA (heh).

PLEASE COME AND BE MY INTERN.

The beatings are infrequent and (usually) merciful.

PLEASE COME AND BE MY INTERN.

The beatings are infrequent and (usually) merciful.

Oh how I would if I could! Unfortunately, the commute from Canada to California might become a problem...

EDIT:
Ideally if they remake/port P3 again I'd like them to give every SEES member a social link regardless of gender (if they did bring back a female side). They'd probably have to expand the game to let the players do social links for another month or two (or move a few more S.links to night) but that would help give me a definitive version of P3.

Just as a counter point, I like that in FES you can't social link with all of your teammates. It was an awesome addition for the female route in P3P, but considering their goal in the original male route was to have your teammates seem like coworkers rather than best friends, I like the fact that there's distance there.

Drop

Well its not hard to drag theo into canon vs having 2 mc >.> Theo just didnt have his role in p3 or something.

Yeah, including him without FeMc was probably a pretty easy task.
I honesly doubt that FeMc would not be present in another version on the game, including her would probably not even require much more effort.

Drop

Oh how I would if I could! Unfortunately, the commute from Canada to California might become a problem...
Believe me, if I lived close enough, I'd already be on it.
damn that local applicants only and the fact that my skills are completely unrelated to the job postings

I wonder how many of these we'll get in 24 hours, will we get a lucky person who can actually apply for the job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom