• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

salromano

So for those going to Super Duper Live: http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=233

Official Live Goods (all tax included)
  • Pamphlet - 1,600 yen
  • Poster (B2) - 1,000 yen
  • T-Shirts (S/M/L/XL) - 3,500 yen
  • Parker - 5,000 yen
  • Pouch - 2,200 yen
  • Muffler Towel - 2,000 yen
  • Take-Out Live - 2,000 yen
  • Deca Keychain (2 kinds) - 1,200 yen each
  • Dog Tag - 1,000 yen

Goods
  • Scrunchies - 1,200 yen
  • Commuter Pass - 1,000 yen
  • Microfiber Cloth - 700 yen
  • Wristband Towel - 1,000 yen
  • IC Card Sticker - 700 yen
  • Batch of Tin Gashapon - 200 yen

CD & DVD Corner
  • Many Persona-related CDs and DVDs on sale

Q&A
  • The official sales time for these goods will be announced later on

Look forward to images and details concerning these goods in a follow-up report.

Meia

Honestly Rise not just gasping in horror or cheering is great. It's fun to see her interact more in battle.

I mean, sure, it overpowers the game part of the RPG crawling, but I'd argue the game part isn't particularly fun anyway so hey whatever

Yep, navigators being able to help more is perfectly fine. As to the other point, no, there was absolutely no thought about game balance with all of the additions, they were just to make the game more "fun". Though, you kind of get that just with the Shadow World vs. the regular opening, so it's what they were going for. /shrug

I mean, after the halfway point in Vanilla P4 stopped being difficult anyway, it just happens earlier in this one with all of these additions.

silva1991

There is something wrong about P3P in PSVITA

after I went on a date with Theo and finish the request the game stuck on the loading screen

I reloaded and tried over 10 times and it's still happening

did that happen to any of you? at this rate I think I will skip the request

Yep, navigators being able to help more is perfectly fine. As to the other point, no, there was absolutely no thought about game balance with all of the additions, they were just to make the game more "fun". Though, you kind of get that just with the Shadow World vs. the regular opening, so it's what they were going for. /shrug

I mean, after the halfway point in Vanilla P4 stopped being difficult anyway, it just happens earlier in this one with all of these additions.

P4 Vanilla stopped being difficult the moment you got to the steamy bath house because then you could pretty much grind indefinitely which meant if you got stuck on a boss you could escape, restore sp, fuse, then go back in to finish whatever beat you. Not to say the game became brain dead easy as random encounters can still wipe you out if you aren't being careful.

And I agree with the P4 vs P4G opening comment, P4G is clearly a for fans updated version that largely adds for fun things which I have to admit does make the game more fun to play even if it's not as challenging.

Levito

Banned
HEY PGAF! It's Tuesday, which means I come bearing gifts...

(Click title card for episode link)

This one's a bit of a variety in terms of topics, but both Dale and John explain how they got into the games industry, and it's actually pretty inspirational. Enjoy!

So for those going to Super Duper Live: http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=233

Official Live Goods (all tax included)
  • Pamphlet - 1,600 yen
  • Poster (B2) - 1,000 yen
  • T-Shirts (S/M/L/XL) - 3,500 yen
  • Parker - 5,000 yen
  • Pouch - 2,200 yen
  • Muffler Towel - 2,000 yen
  • Take-Out Live - 2,000 yen
  • Deca Keychain (2 kinds) - 1,200 yen each
  • Dog Tag - 1,000 yen

Goods
  • Scrunchies - 1,200 yen
  • Commuter Pass - 1,000 yen
  • Microfiber Cloth - 700 yen
  • Wristband Towel - 1,000 yen
  • IC Card Sticker - 700 yen
  • Batch of Tin Gashapon - 200 yen

CD & DVD Corner
  • Many Persona-related CDs and DVDs on sale

Q&A
  • The official sales time for these goods will be announced later on

Look forward to images and details concerning these goods in a follow-up report.

This will certainly help with my budgeting

Or lack thereof, because I'm going to get one of everything, RIP my wallet ;__;7

Lunar15

For some reason I just realized that I really want Makoto in P4D, if only just to see him dance with his hands in his pockets.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Check it: Even P4G at its easiest is still more challenging than P2:IS (which is borderline braindead) and most of P1.

Crazy, huh?

P1 get a persona with nuke. Spam. Profit.

P2:IS was like getting mosquito bites when the enemies hit you.

FluxWaveZ

Welllll

May 5th is a Tuesday. For the record Best Buy and Gamestop also have the same dates.

But yeah, subject to change and all that.

Etrian Mystery Dungeon had a placeholder Tuesday date for March in all of those websites for the NA release, until its official release date was revealed for April.

Thought: The Super Live poster and merchandise is prominently featuring Personas 3, 4 and 5. Obviously this is because music from 3 and 4 will be played at the event and teasing 5, but what if it also represents a game related to each? We could have 4 represented by Dancing All Night and Persona 5, what if a 3 related game will also be announced?

Or more likely it's just that all the demand for another Persona 3 port is getting to me, I'm really basing that on nothing.

Oh, I see it now. Sorry about that. I wonder how this relates to Persona 5, though. We'll just have to see.

I wonder if it does relate to Persona 5, or just to the concert itself.

Check it: Even P4G at its easiest is still more challenging than P2:IS (which is borderline braindead) and most of P1.

Crazy, huh?

At least IS could kill you a lot, admitedly due to unblockable 1hit KO attacks.

Meia

I'd think it more likely we get a performance of the new song that's going to be in the third P3 movie released in April, since we haven't heard that yet(probably get it alongside the actual trailer for it since all we have is a teaser so far). Still makes sense for the poster being what it is then.

CorvoSol

Naoto: Senpai what are you doing?
Yu: Taking off my clothes. What are you doing?

All you need to know about Metis is that she's a hardcore siscon.

Considering Aigis comes off as a big ol siscon to Labrys, I'm guess it's just a robot thing. Genesis probably a big ol siscon too, he's just never around his sisters for it to show.

Crazy, huh?

Golden's worst and most boring dungeon is still more exciting than any dungeon in Innocent Sin because you're not being attacked every two steps of a 9,000 step dungeon.

Weird question, but does anyone happen to keep a Dropbox or Google Drive of high-quality Persona artwork? I'm trying to find something to use to make a skin for my PSV.

FluxWaveZ

Hm, February 3rd is likely to be when the debut preview trailer for Persona 3 The Movie #3 is revealed, and it's also the same day that the News Flash! stream takes place. I wonder if they'd actually reveal the trailer through the stream and, if so, I wonder if it could be region locked as a result. I think they'd be aware of the audience outside of Japan tuning in, and they'd not want to have to region lock it.

Hm, February 3rd is likely to be when the debut preview trailer for Persona 3 The Movie #3 is revealed, and it's also the same day that the News Flash! stream takes place. I wonder if they'd actually reveal the trailer through the stream and, if so, I wonder if it could be region locked as a result. I think they'd be aware of the audience outside of Japan tuning in, and they'd not want to have to region lock it.

Were there any movie trailers as part of the November countdown?

They did show the Spring of Birth trailer at Music Live 2013, which was streamed, not sure if that was region locked though, I only saw a mirror.

Weird question, but does anyone happen to keep a Dropbox or Google Drive of high-quality Persona artwork? I'm trying to find something to use to make a skin for my PSV.

edit: nvm, those are scans

FluxWaveZ

Were there any movie trailers as part of the November countdown?

They did show the Spring of Birth trailer at Music Live 2013, which was streamed and not region locked.

Nope. Here's my Giant Bomb thread when the Nov. 24, 2013 event was happening, where I listed as many of the events as I could along with their times (e.g. Event 05 at 8:15 AM EST). They only showed off past and original content from the games (or using in-game assets).

Are you sure the Music FES 2013 concert stream was not region locked? If so, that would be a good sign for News Flash! not being region locked, even if they were to keep the PV trailer to show off during the stream (although it probably would be completely new instead of being something we'd already seen, like the concert trailer).

Edit:
They did show the Spring of Birth trailer at Music Live 2013, which was streamed, not sure if that was region locked though, I only saw a mirror.
Wait a sec, where are you getting that they played any trailer for Spring of Birth at Music FES 2013? They didn't show anything at all when they played More Than One Heart.

I guess my worry here sticks. I think due to licensing, a trailer for the film during a stream would definitely make it region locked, like that P4GA reveal stream. I feel that they don't want to do this with News Flash!, though, so the trailer could very well not be part of that stream, even if it would feel a tiny bit odd, with new Persona related content being revealed practically at the same time that the stream would start, but not shown during that stream.

Nope. Here's my Giant Bomb thread when the Nov. 24, 2013 event was happening, where I listed as many of the events as I could along with their times (e.g. Event 05 at 8:15 AM EST). They only showed off past and original content from the games (or using in-game assets).

Are you sure the Music FES 2013 concert stream was not region locked? If so, that would be a good sign for News Flash! not being region locked, even if they were to keep the PV trailer to show off during the stream (although it probably would be completely new instead of being something we'd already seen, like the concert trailer).

I edited, I'm not sure if it was or wasn't. I remember there was a lot of difficulty in bypassing the region block around the Golden Animation stream, so I'm guessing that any earlier streams weren't locked. If this one does end up region locked I can have a go at streaming it, but last time I tried my proxy crashed part way through, I don't have much hope of being able to stream all of it.

They only showed off past and original content from the games (or using in-game assets).

Not entirely true, the final event was a new trailer for the Music Live 2013 blu ray. Most of them were worthless though, other than the midnight teasers.

And since I just saw you last edit, it was just before they played More than One Heart, they ran the full trailer then played the song.

Dawg

I just saw two Maria poem scenes.

Yukiko is still my true waifu for the moment tho.

yukikoboobshrudx.png

That said... nobody can know my secret. So when Yosuke asked me about my preference... I lied and told him neither!

FluxWaveZ

Not entirely true, the final event was a new trailer for the Music Live 2013 blu ray. Most of them were worthless though, other than the midnight teasers.

And since I just saw you last edit, it was just before they played More than One Heart, they ran the full trailer then played the song.

Oh sure, I think there had been some other events about other merchandise/events, too, although I might just be thinking of the FES 2013 one. I guess I just meant that no anime footage that wasn't in the games was shown during that stream.

Ah, I see. I guess we don't really know if the FES 2013 concert was region locked or not because of it, though.

Well, at least we know that Persona Channel will be having their own dedicated page for the News Flash! stream. If it isn't just a Niconico redirect, maybe that one wouldn't be region locked, even if the Niconico stream was. There were some good restreams for the region locked Datsu Nugu stream when that happened last year, however, so I'm not too worried about missing this, if it were to come to it.

Oh sure, I think there had been some other events about other merchandise/events, too, although I might just be thinking of the FES 2013 one. I guess I just meant that no anime footage that wasn't in the games was shown during that stream.

Ah, I see. I guess we don't really know if the FES 2013 concert was region locked or not because of it, though.

Well, at least we know that Persona Channel will be having their own dedicated page for the News Flash! stream. If it isn't just a Niconico redirect, maybe that one wouldn't be region locked, even if the Niconico stream was. There were some good restreams for the region locked Datsu Nugu stream when that happened last year, however, so I'm not too worried about missing this, if it were to come to it.

Found it, around 1:23:30: http://www.livestream.com/pantyshottheatre/video?clipId=pla_affce000-9c14-4517-bc60-e03825411e9d

I'd bet a lot that the Persona Channel page is a Niconico embed

Oh man Q had some great tracks. Much better than Ultimax.

this song in particular just had me catching all types of feels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQPbhW6I-FQ
Im not sure if its considered spoiler? later game track though. I hope they play this live

They normally focus on vocal tracks, but a Q Medley would be nice, that game's ost was all around pretty great.

Okay, I have to know. This isn't really a spoiler at all, but I feel like being considerate of Dawg.

When Naoto is at your school but before she's gets into the TV world (like, around before the school trip) you can talk to her but you can't really get anything out of her unless your Knowledge is maxed out. Both playthroughs now I didn't have max Knowledge at that point, so I'm really curious what that's all about, because I know it isn't a S.Link. So does anyone know?

FluxWaveZ

It wasn't.
Behind a paywall, but not region-locked.

Cool, then now I'm not even sure why the P4GA stream was region locked, unless there's some kind of legal distinction between the TV series production and the film one for international publicizing.

Either way, that pretty much eliminates my fears for next Tuesday's stream being region locked.

Okay, I have to know. This isn't really a spoiler at all, but I feel like being considerate of Dawg.

When Naoto is at your school but before she's gets into the TV world (like, around before the school trip) you can talk to her but you can't really get anything out of her unless your Knowledge is maxed out. Both playthroughs now I didn't have max Knowledge at that point, so I'm really curious what that's all about, because I know it isn't a S.Link. So does anyone know?

I know what you're talking about. Do you remember what day this was exactly?

I can go try it with max knowledge later today.

I'm just curious here. Where did it say there'd be a dedicated page for the stream?

FluxWaveZ

I'm just curious here. Where did it say there'd be a dedicated page for the stream?

In the announcement post:
本放送は、このペルソナチャンネル上及び、ニコニコ生放送のページ上にて放送されます。
My understanding:
The live stream will be available on both a Niconico page (which hasn’t been provided yet), as well as directly from the Persona Channel website.
Gematsu's translation:
Links are not yet available, but Atlus announced that live stream will be available on both the Persona Channel page, as well as Niconico.

wmlk

Don't think there will be a dedicated page. The other chained circle think could just be a link to the NicoNico stream.

I know what you're talking about. Do you remember what day this was exactly?

I can go try it with max knowledge later today.
Hm... it's early September prior to the field trip, so anywhere between September 1st and September 7th. Can't remember the exact days Naoto is in school (it might be all of the school days in that period, I can't recall exactly) but it's definitely in that time frame. If you could check that out that'd be great, because it's been bugging me since my first playthrough after I realized it couldn't have possibly been the start of Naoto's S.Link.

Makio

So when Yosuke asked me about my preference... I lied and told him neither!

I always loved Yukiko design in P4 , but in the first part of the game she doesnt have so much dialogue and she goes to help to the inn
Because of that i always believe is she is the killer lololo

But yeah before meet Rise , Yukiko was my first "crush" in the game. in that question the answer is clear (Even Yosuke agrees lol).
Always making her romantic social link and still the second favorite girl in p4 after all these years.

Sophia

Cool, then now I'm not even sure why the P4GA stream was region locked, unless there's some kind of legal distinction between the TV series production and the film one for international publicizing.

Either way, that pretty much eliminates my fears for next Tuesday's stream being region locked.

Pretty much that right there, I'd assume.

Hm... it's early September prior to the field trip, so anywhere between September 1st and September 7th. Can't remember the exact days Naoto is in school (it might be all of the school days in that period, I can't recall exactly) but it's definitely in that time frame. If you could check that out that'd be great, because it's been bugging me since my first playthrough after I realized it couldn't have possibly been the start of Naoto's S.Link.

Nothing happens
http://i.imgur.com/Epef300.jpg
It's similar to how there's a period of time where Yukiko and Rise are available but their social link hasn't started yet.

Makio

But in Mitsuru case she is available all the year , even they put the dialogue options to start the SL.
But doesnt matter if you have the knowledge at max , she need still to have that key point in the history before stars her SL . aka
Yukari / Mitsuru resolution in November , after her father death

DNAbro

So just finished labyrinth 3 in PQ

Thoughts
Fuck that dungeon and it's shitty ass corrosion enemies and endless FOEs. That dungeon seriously put a dent in how fast I was going through the game, it was just too much. Was pretty much in there for over a month and a half. Oh and music wasn't very good. Had tense moments and some legitimately scary ones but wow that dungeon was annoying. Dungeon boss was simple to figure out but I ran out of SP right around the time I got rid of the nurses and it made the fight last a long time.

I loved the scene afterwards with Ken and Kanji. Was a really nice interaction between them.

Also about 45 hours in lol

So just finished labyrinth 3 in PQ

Thoughts
Fuck that dungeon and it's shitty ass corrosion enemies and endless FOEs. That dungeon seriously put a dent in how fast I was going through the game, it was just too much. Was pretty much in there for over a month and a half. Oh and music wasn't very good. Had tense moments and some legitimately scary ones but wow that dungeon was annoying. Dungeon boss was simple to figure out but I ran out of SP right around the time I got rid of the nurses and it made the fight last a long time.

I loved the scene afterwards with Ken and Kanji. Was a really nice interaction between them.

Also about 45 hours in lol

I could not disagree any harder with you, Dungeon 3 is easily my favourite of all of them.
Love the music, love the FOEs, love the boss, love the atmosphere, love the puzzles.

But, and I have been saying this in here and in the IRC since the first day I entered.................
FUCK CORROSION SPELLS

Zebetite

Banned
I am in the final dungeon in Persona Q. So far, I have one major takeaway. It makes me feel like I need to replay this game one day to do it justice. I made a huge mistake.

I shouldn't ever have used Naoto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom