• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebetite

Banned
Maybe we should wait until Dawg finishes the game first before posting our own impressions. Let him come to his own opinion on things.

If he wanted his opinions to remain totally fresh and unaffected by anyone else's, he wouldn't have come into a forum thread devoted exclusively to discussing the Persona series and ask our opinions on the characters.

FluxWaveZ

2daysh7alz.gif

Yosuke/Yukiko/Teddie was the team I used for my first run of vanilla P4 as well as the one I used to beat the bonus boss of P4G on Very Hard, but my favourite is probably Yukiko/Kanji/Naoto once you factor in the buffs that the latter two received in Golden. Raw damage for days, yo.

I rolled with Yukiko/Kanji/Naoto on my first run. I knew what was up from the get-go. ;D

edit: IT TAKES 2 (days) TO TANGO GIMME DAT P4D

Y'know, it really blows my mind that it's been about a year and two months since a bunch of us stayed up all night to watch an old lady troll us, get immensely pissed off at the PQ reveal, and then watch a bunch of chairs on a red background.

Since then, we've only gotten a look at the MC and the game's logo. But here we are. Ready for something. Anything. I want to be excited, and I already sort of am, but at the same time I want to go into this with dead expectations. I can't let this concert/event break my heart. :(

DNAbro

Y'know, it really blows my mind that it's been about a year and two months since a bunch of us stayed up all night to watch an old lady troll us, get immensely pissed off at the PQ reveal, and then watch a bunch of chairs on a red background.

Since then, we've only gotten a look at the MC and the game's logo. But here we are. Ready for something. Anything. I want to be excited, and I already sort of am, but at the same time I want to go into this with dead expectations. I can't let this concert/event break my heart. :(

We got the announcement last stream. Plus 3 spin-off games. Do you really think they aren't going to show something significant from the game? Atlus isn't Square Enix. They usually deliver in at least some way. We are getting Persona 5 stuff this week, no doubt.

We got the announcement last stream. Plus 3 spin-off games. Do you really think they aren't going to show something significant from the game? Atlus isn't Square Enix. They usually deliver in at least some way. We are getting Persona 5 stuff this week, no doubt.

You sure about that? Last stream we got announcements for a bunch of merch, Marie the Animation, and Datsu Nugu. Such delivery.

FluxWaveZ

I am excite (if it wasn't obvious already). The stream will be awesome. Saw someone doing one of these, so I decided to make a Bingo card of my own for the event:

You sure about that? Last stream we got announcements for a bunch of merch, Marie the Animation, and Datsu Nugu. Such delivery.

That was advertised as an anime focused stream from the outset, and they weren't counting down to it or teasing it like they were for the November 24, 2013 stream or for News Flash!/PSL2015.

DNAbro

wasn't that from aniplex(isn't that who made the anime)? and not heavily advertised? and no countdown? I honestly don't remember that one cause I didn't watch it.

Dawg

Beat the videogame dungeon.

Improved a bunch of SLs, a few close to max.

Caught a guardian.

Summer vacation is over.

Gonna continue tomorrow, I made some decent progress today. Kanji's affairs at the beach were hilarious.

B80SVa4IAAE8975.jpg:large

B80ShtyIAAE8cY4.jpg:large

Beat the videogame dungeon.

Improved a bunch of SLs, a few close to max.

Caught a guardian.

Summer vacation is over.

Gonna continue tomorrow, I made some decent progress today. Kanji's affairs at the beach were hilarious.

Sheeeit, already?!
Whatever you do. DON'T use it!

Xenoflare

You need the guardian for future quests. Or rather, it's a key item for the
fox slink

But I think Dawg is okay, you gave it to the
old fisherman at the riverbank right?

Lusankya

I am excite (if it wasn't obvious already). The stream will be awesome. Saw someone doing one of these, so I decided to make a Bingo card of my own for the event:

I would add "Official artwork of 1-3 party members" and "P5 website* goes live after the stream". My expectations for this stream are so damn high.

*A real one, not the placeholder we have now.

i wonder whether there will be a senpai to your MC in persona 5 this time, like kinda sick of hearing sempai this sempai that in the persona 4 generation of games and media for the past 7 years

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Is there gonna be a Twitch stream.

Not everything is finalized, but I now feel comfortable saying I'm going to be a restreamer. I have access to a premium NicoNico stream, so unless my computer breaks or something, we should be good to go the whole way through.

Knowing that, since I only have a personal channel, do any of you have preferences for stream resolution in terms of maintaining a stable connection? I normally output at 720p, but can go down to 480 or 360 if necessary and hopefully any textual stuff won't be lost in, ah, translation, so to speak.

Also still looking for a few more mods to help out, if possible, but that's not a super big concern since some of PersonaGAF has already graciously stepped up to the plate.

Thanks in advance to you all. :D!

GSR

I'll be dipping in and out of the stream - I probably can't mod, but I can help translate things as needed.

Dantis

That was advertised as an anime focused stream from the outset, and they weren't counting down to it or teasing it like they were for the November 24, 2013 stream or for News Flash!/PSL2015.

I was actually thinking of doing one of these! I'll put one together later.

We should all do one. It'd be fun!

Style

Banned
Not everything is finalized, but I now feel comfortable saying I'm going to be a restreamer. I have access to a premium NicoNico stream, so unless my computer breaks or something, we should be good to go the whole way through.

Knowing that, since I only have a personal channel, do any of you have preferences for stream resolution in terms of maintaining a stable connection? I normally output at 720p, but can go down to 480 or 360 if necessary and hopefully any textual stuff won't be lost in, ah, translation, so to speak.

Also still looking for a few more mods to help out, if possible, but that's not a super big concern since some of PersonaGAF has already graciously stepped up to the plate.

Thanks in advance to you all. :D!

Let's talk about that IMAX stream. :>

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I'll be dipping in and out of the stream - I probably can't mod, but I can help translate things as needed.

I'll be doing translation stuff too since I'm running the stream partly for work purposes for Gematsu, but obviously the more translator company for everyone else, the better. :D

Let's talk about that IMAX stream. :>

Please, be merciful on my poor computer. The thing's turning seven this year as it is. Isn't (imaginary) 4K good enough for you!? ;____;

The problem with Chie is in the end she's basically a worse version of Kanji. Does less physical damage with generally worse skills, has a weakness more enemies seem to have, and has is surprisingly frail for a physical attacker. I still use her because I rotate everyone equally, but I doubt I'd use her for the final boss/any serious challenge.

Also I can't really see Naoto being playable as a spoiler when both P4 and P4G clearly depict the character in such a role in the first few seconds of either games opening video.

Dawg

You need the guardian for future quests. Or rather, it's a key item for the
fox slink

But I think Dawg is okay, you gave it to the
old fisherman at the riverbank right?

Yes! :)

My fox slink is 9, it's related to the final quest.

Neku89

While we're on the waifu subject, does anyone else find the romance thingies in P4 a bit... shoehorned? Granted, I've not done them all (only seen the Chie, Yukiko and Rise ones) but I'd have liked a bit more consistence in the main dialogue: the scenes play regardless of your "special one", so you'll always have those hints of something between Chie and Yosuke, Rise constantly hitting on you, and
Kanji blushing whenever Naoto is around
. Kinda breaks the immersion for me, since it only "felt right" when I chose Rise or Yukiko :(

DNAbro

While we're on the waifu subject, does anyone else find the romance thingies in P4 a bit... shoehorned? Granted, I've not done them all (only seen the Chie, Yukiko and Rise ones) but I'd have liked a bit more consistence in the main dialogue: the scenes play regardless of your "special one", so you'll always have those hints of something between Chie and Yosuke, Rise constantly hitting on you, and
. Kinda breaks the immersion for me, since it only "felt right" when I chose Rise or Yukiko :(

Nah it's a legitimate complaint and it is something I hope is addressed in P5. The social links basically existed in a bubble and I disliked it.

Meia

Yep, somewhat common complaint. There are a few moments in the game that kind of break the immersion for me, like
the MC coming home to an empty house the last few months of the game and like NO ONE visiting him, gf or otherwise. You'd expect at least Brosuke to.

It's one of those things that you get would be a little more work, but not that much really. P3 itself did have a similar "flag" concept
(Chidori revival or not) but they didn't bother with any in P4. The moment they could have, they decide to branch off into a bad ending instead.

P4G DID add a few scenes like this(post firework scene talking about summer festival, valentine's scene with other characters playing off each other based on who you chose), so because of that there's hope of them going further with it in P5(if P5 has social links anyway...).

Nah it's a legitimate complaint and it is something I hope is addressed in P5. The social links basically existed in a bubble and I disliked it.

Yep, P4 certainly does a much better job of making the Slinks feel a bit more connected then P3 did, but it's still needs improvement.

P4G DID add a few scenes like this(post firework scene talking about summer festival, valentine's scene with other characters playing off each other based on who you chose), so because of that there's hope of them going further with it in P5(if P5 has social links anyway...).

I can't imagine a scenario where P5 or any of these mainline Persona games drop the social link system at this point. The fact they keep teasing P5 alongside art of P3 and P4 kind of cements that fact.

I'll also add like I said earlier on Twitter/maybe in this thread it's really immersion breaking for me when I'm dating both Chie and Yukiko who are "best friends" and neither ever says to the other "hey I'm in a relationship with MC". Sometimes it feels like 3 separate games are happening

1) Persona 4's original scenes
2) Persona 4 Golden's new scenes
3) Persona 4's social link scenes

It feels like each was created in a vacuum with no knowledge of what the other parts would contain.

Zalman

So since it's Persona news week, I'm thinking about finally buying Ultimax now that it's a little cheaper to get the hype going. Do you guys think it'll eventually come to the PS4 or should I just jump in?

DNAbro

So since it's Persona news week, I'm thinking about finally buying Ultimax now that it's a little cheaper to get the hype going. Do you guys think it'll eventually come to the PS4 or should I just jump in?

Wait till the announcements this week.

Lunar15

Yay Persona Week!

I have reasonable expectations, but I have a good feeling that it should be a substantial week for P5 news.

However, if I can just walk out of this week with at least one song from P5, I think I'm still good.

Alright guys, here's my stupid bingo card:

and the description for each square starting from the top row going left to right:

DATSU NUGU - general trolliness
REMIX - first listen to a P4D track (live?)
IGOR - Big Nose pops up, doesn't speak
VITA :( - literally nothing new for Vita
P3 CAST - anything new for this crew, presumably dancing

TRASH CAN YOSUKE - pretty self-explanatory
FORGOTTEN - rip
3DS - we dancin in 3D now
!! - Glasses-kun summons his persona
TAROT CARDS - spin off alert! Persona TCG

BONDS - something something social links
CONCERT - new Persona concert for the US
FREE SPACE - reserved for best girl
P3MC'S - dlc fighters for ultimax (lol)
CELL PHONE - no not a mobile game, P5 summoning method

MARIE - whatareyoudoingheregoaway
CHAIR-KUN - bring on the synergy
P4D RISE - new trailer for P4D
P5 - release date for P5 (probably JP only)
NARUKAMI - best hit persona milking (more P4)

MAGICIAN ARCANA - reveal P5's magician bro
RATED M - general wackiness (maybe teddie specific)
PQ2 - let's do the time warp again
P5 MUSIC - first listen (live?) to P5's opening track, probably
SCRUNCHIE - the dream is dead, rip scrunchie-chan

Let's shatter expectations people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom