• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was just for Arena though, wasn't it? Ultimax has him refer to Yu by name, iirc.

Also, for P3 and P4, I've noticed that both games have a recurring dialogue option that goes against the theme of the game.

P3: "I don't care." Demonstrating apathy.
P4: "I don't know." Demonstrating ignorance.

Do you think something similar will show up in P5? I'm thinking something along the lines of "I give up." or "I can't."

I noticed this much more after watching the first P3 movie. It's ingrained into my head that the P3MC is just as apathetic as Makoto is now

PK Gaming

Aww, this guy/gal makes some really cute comics.

Her comics are pretty amazing.

tumblr_nejwberHfu1qbaw6wo1_400.png

tumblr_nejwberHfu1qbaw6wo2_400.png

tumblr_nejwberHfu1qbaw6wo3_400.png

tumblr_nejwberHfu1qbaw6wo4_400.png

tumblr_nejwberHfu1qbaw6wo5_400.png

Comics like this are perfectly illustrate why I adore the P4 cast.

It's almost as if Persona is anime or something...

Oh I know, it's ironic because it's the game/anime that pulled me away from anime to play more games aka Persona 4 Golden a game I've already put over 40 hours into and I've had it for less then 2 weeks. It's just up to this point the new scenes Golden added mostly felt well incorporated outside of this idol song scene which truly feels like filler. Unlike the other scenes it completely interrupts the flow by taking away multiple days for long scenes with lots and lots of dialogue where the player has no control over.

Dawg

Party is around lvl 44. Beating golden hands is getting easy and gives me massive exp.

Any tips for Shadow Mitsuo? Looks really difficult. Not sure wat persona to use. Currently have lvl 40 pale rider.

PK Gaming

Party is around lvl 44. Beating golden hands is getting easy and gives me massive exp.

Any tips for Shadow Mitsuo? Looks really difficult. Not sure wat persona to use. Currently have lvl 40 pale rider.

Well, your party level is perfect, but it's nonetheless a tricky boss for teams that don't have serious firepower. You should consider cooling off, and going back to the Velvet Room to fuse a new Persona. Not doing that would be a very Foolish thing.

Dawg

Well, your party level is perfect, but it's nonetheless a tricky boss for teams that don't have serious firepower. You should consider cooling off, and going back to the Velvet Room to fuse a new Persona. Not doing that would be a very Foolish thing.

This sounds like Black Frost :pPP

Guess Who

Banned
READY FOR ACTION

B8u5x36IQAEULjv.jpg:large

B8u50hWIgAAgiRw.jpg:large

Hope I picked some okay spells :c

You shouldn't have gotten rid of Mind Charge. Mind Charge is god.

You might've read the skill description and thought, oh, it doubles damage, but it means another turn, doesn't that balance out? The answer is no, it actually does 2.5x damage and also is god.

Fire Amp + Agidyne is still going to wreck stuff, and all the buffs/debuffs are super useful, and Black Frost in general is just a hella good Persona, just keep that in mind for the future!

Dawg

You shouldn't have got rid of Mind Charge. Mind Charge is god.

You might've read the skill description and thought, oh, it doubles damage, but it means another turn, doesn't that balance out? The answer is no, it actually does 2.5x damage and also is god.

giphy.gif

Tamanon

Banned
Mind Charge was always weird because it also seemed to bypass Shadows with high magic defense stats like this Voltron guys.

Dawg

Unfortunately, I saved right after and called it a day.

I can always make a second though. I have the money... and ze technology!

It's really not that big of a deal, just do what you think is best. It's not worth it to make another just for Mind Charge, you'll always have another opportunity with another Persona down the line, it's not like Black Frost isn't going to go the way of the fusion kindling like everything else.

Guess Who

Banned
It's really not that big of a deal, just do what you think is best. It's not worth it to make another just for Mind Charge, you'll always have another opportunity with another Persona down the line, it's not like Black Frost isn't going to go the way of the fusion kindling like everything else.

tbh Black Frost can carry you through almost the entire rest of the game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Finally got around to watching the first P3 movie.

Absolutely love how much a "gives no fucks" attitude P3 MC has in this.

Finally got around to watching the first P3 movie.

Absolutely love how much a "gives no fucks" attitude P3 MC has in this.

He's more apathetic. Really fits the tone, but you can tell
he's starting to grow out of it throughout the movie, and caring more about his "friends"

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
He's more apathetic. Really fits the tone, but you can tell
he's starting to grow out of it throughout the movie, and caring more about his "friends"

Oh sure, I expect that to happen as the movies advance.

But still funny to see!

36r8J.jpg

CorvoSol

Oh I know, it's ironic because it's the game/anime that pulled me away from anime to play more games aka Persona 4 Golden a game I've already put over 40 hours into and I've had it for less then 2 weeks. It's just up to this point the new scenes Golden added mostly felt well incorporated outside of this idol song scene which truly feels like filler. Unlike the other scenes it completely interrupts the flow by taking away multiple days for long scenes with lots and lots of dialogue where the player has no control over.

As anime filler as it might be, it pales in comparison to how terrible the actual anime version of it is.

Makio

More like Kana Hanazawa turn to sing.

I love her but that scene made so mad , i mean is the like the filler spotlight of Risette in the Golden run.

Is like to see Marie making Yukiko job in the amagi inn , or Marie doing a better kung fu fights / stuff than Chie or making a investigation like Naoto.

I mean c mon.

I love her but that scene made so mad , i mean is the like the filler spotlight of Risette in the Golden run.

Is like to see Marie making Yukiko job in the amagi inn , or Marie doing a better kung fu fights / stuff than Chie or making a investigation like Naoto.

I mean c mon.

I dunno. Her investigating using her sue powers might be for the best.

It'd get to the end quicker.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
is pepsi still hanging around here? I saw one of his tumblr posts doublechecking one of the translation pages

Late response, but I'll reply out of posterity. :)

I'm not super active because of general life and work commitment stuff, but I do make a point to check my inbox here and at least lurk in here when I can. Generally, if you need to get a hold of me and you want a timely response, best way to do it is Twitter (@iiotenki), Tumblr, or my freelance email (on my portfolio site, which is linked at my Twitter).

Guess Who

Banned
Wow, really? :0

Hell yeah. No weaknesses, drains two elements, repels an instant kill, Fire Amp + Agidyne (+Mind Charge), debuff enemies (although you should really get Trumpeter with Debilitate for this at endgame), as long as the enemy doesn't resist/drain/repel Fire he's unstoppable. Especially in Golden where you can use Shuffle Time to boost his stats in addition to leveling.

CorvoSol

I mean c mon.

Why bother investigating when you can just crack the case by virtue of being Marie?

FluxWaveZ

Just a thought, because this is kinda odd.

P4 spoilers:

http://img.p-ch.jp/libimg/019590dcc59a473d5dab86abb656ccea6102.png

All Ultimax art on the stickers, two question marks. On sale at the event it looks like.

Also....besides Yu, they're all new to Ultimax.

Related to this, the arcade website for P4AU (P4 spoilers) also has exactly two, conspicuous empty character slots. Same goes for the command list PDF.

I remember back when we were all thinking up potential P4AU newcomers, I had pointed to the arcade website's empty spots for a potential indication of the number to expect and, though it was dismissed as irrelevant at the time, it had actually turned out to be rather accurate. A lesser indication is that the "Normal" character roster on the P4AU website also has two spaces left in it.

Hm. Two new character reveals that would be brought to the arcades soon enough, along with an announcement for a console version of the new update... Maybe even as a BBCPEX PS4/XB1 situation? That'd be interesting. Chronophantasma Extend does technically have two new characters (though one of them is a returning PC), and it would justify a way to release 2.00+ without it being a free patch.

Verder

You shouldn't have gotten rid of Mind Charge. Mind Charge is god.

Fire Amp + Agidyne is still going to wreck stuff, and all the buffs/debuffs are super useful, and Black Frost in general is just a hella good Persona, just keep that in mind for the future!

Mind charge is so overpowered. every game its included into.

i loveit.

edit- I just realized. where the fuck is playable theodore in P4AU? thatd be awesome

Related to this, the arcade website for P4AU (P4 spoilers) also has exactly two, conspicuous empty character slots. Same goes for the command list PDF.

I remember back when we were all thinking up potential P4AU newcomers, I had pointed to the arcade website's empty spots for a potential indication of the number to expect and, though it was dismissed as irrelevant at the time, it had actually turned out to be rather accurate. A lesser indication is that the "Normal" character roster on the P4AU website also has two spaces left in it.

Hm. Two new character reveals that would be brought to the arcades soon enough, along with an announcement for a console version of the new update (maybe even a BBCPEX PS4/XB1 situation?)... That'd be interesting.

What could the potential characters be, if there were character reveals? If they stick to the "canon" timeline, i can't think of any potential candidates, except for Theo

FluxWaveZ

What could the potential characters be, if there were character reveals? If they stick to the "canon" timeline, i can't think of any potential candidates.

Theodore and Makoto... Maybe Kikuno Saikawa? She's the only P4A(U) story relevant character I would think could be left. There's Fuuka, but I don't think that works.

What could the potential characters be, if there were character reveals? If they stick to the "canon" timeline, i can't think of any potential candidates, except for Theo

*shrug* Chidori? She was featured in Junpei's Ultimax concept art. Same thing goes with Koromaru's presumed ladyfriend.

That or just upgrade an S-link character to persona user, but if they haven't gone with that so far, I don't see them trying it now.

VegiHam

*shrug* Chidori? She was featured in Junpei's Ultimax concept art. Same thing goes with Koromaru's presumed ladyfriend.

That or just upgrade an S-link character to persona user, but if they haven't gone with that so far, I don't see them trying it now.
Daisuke and instead of a Persona he has Kou?

Theo and actual Yukari as an apology for the Feather Pink they attempted to pass as Yukari.

EDIT: But in all seriousness if they go down the route of long after the fact DLC characters just include P3's male and female main characters and consider them "What if" characters.

arue

I'd say Theo would be the most logical one. We still have Fuuka too, if her Persona suddenly transforms like Rise's did.

But if we're ignoring canon, P3MC and FeMC pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom