• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

I really feel like most of the "best girl" stuff is just meant as good natured joking at this point, rather than people actually waging war. But maybe I'm misreading the tone of posts.

Different note. Did Atlus make one of those Christmas card things this year?

Speaking in the IRC and a discussion got brought up;

What are you lot going to name P5MC if there isn't a default name a la Tatsuya Suou in P2?

I'm gonna go with Yasushi Atsuhiro (provided the character count lets me)

What are you lot going to name P5MC if there isn't a default name a la Tatsuya Suou in P2?

Probably Kuroki Tatsuya again (what I did with P4G and no I didn't know about P2's MC)

Pretty sure the character count should be the same for p5 as it was for p3/p4.

I'm fairly certain PQ's shorter than usual character count was because it was a 3DS game.

Anyway I think I came up with like Shu as a first name for P5 protag. I'm not versed enough in Japanese surnames to know if there's any last names that'd fit the game's theme.

cj_iwakura

I was a big fan of Minato Arisato, so I named the P3 MC that.

I named the P4 MC Gemini Iwakura, so I'll probably give P5's a new Iwakura moniker.

(Incidentally, I named SJ's Roland after DDS2.)

Continuing my naming scheme from P3 (Ed Miyahon) and P4 (Nick Honda) where I combine a common American name and my limited knowledge of Japanese, for P5 it is going to be "Johnny Toyota." If I can fit that.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I really feel like most of the "best girl" stuff is just meant as good natured joking at this point, rather than people actually waging war. But maybe I'm misreading the tone of posts.

Different note. Did Atlus make one of those Christmas card things this year?

It is.

Anyone taking it that seriously needs to get a grip.

Chee still best grill

Sophia

Erik Leroux if there's no official name.

Anyone who figures out why I'm naming him that and doesn't have to look it up on Wikipedia gets a cookie. :p

Shun

Imagine Persona by t2 tony...

Especially since Atlus is subsidiary of Sega now...

(*´﹃`*)

Also Genei Ibunroku #FE sounds like it's looking really good.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I must lack Imagination because I just gave the P3 and P4 protags my real name on my first playthrough of each game. Plan on doing the same again this time.

daevious

I figured it was "If..." but that just seemed like such an obscure reference. >_>;

To be honest, I was more influenced by Clockwork Orange than If... but the connection to SMT If... made the choice too good to pass up.

Edit: While looking up images of Phantom and Alex DeLarge, I noticed that they both have similar eyeliner, even if Phantom's is confined to his mask.
30405805_.jpg

jxlvwpxitwmlv3mb0co2.jpg

I must lack Imagination because I just gave the P3 and P4 protags my real name on my first playthrough of each game. Plan on doing the same again this time.

I always found it a little awkward to use my English first and Dutch second name in a game where everyone has Japanese names, so I just used the "official" names for P4 and P3. I generally use my first name in other games, like Zelda, though.

I always found it a little awkward to use my English first and Dutch second name in a game where everyone has Japanese names, so I just used the "official" names for P4 and P3. I generally use my first name in other games, like Zelda, though.
Speaking of which, do you guys think the P5 anime will bring a name to the MC? If they do, I'll use that name.

Never got the whole idea of using my own name in a game, it takes me out of the game. I partly play games for escapism and I'd rather be someone with a different personality rather than try to self-insert.

MudoSkills

Never got the whole idea of using my own name in a game, it takes me out of the game. I partly play games for escapism and I'd rather be someone with a different personality rather than try to self-insert.

The
ending of P3
absolutely destroyed me, and part of the reason I got so involved was definitely because he had spent the whole game with my name.

Fuse Black Frost, Mind Charge + Fire Amp'd Agidyne all day forever.

And make sure you have something or someone with Mediarama.

I'll give Black Frost a chance, also both the MC and Teddie have Mediarama lol

edit

After a humiliatingly drawn-out defeat, I'll get Black Frost this time and grind to level 43 or something. Currently getting completely wiped on the floor.

MudoSkills

Damn I love P4D. Along with MGS V it's probably my GOTY for 2015 - I was going to say that my only complaint is the number of songs in the base game, but I've already put around 40 hours into it, so I suppose there's enough there (I only have the free DLC tracks + Nevermore).

I've played it so much I like the De De Mouse version of Shadow World, that's how much I love this game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Persona 3 FES... so I just started this game, finally. I'm just wondering, do I really have to play against the clock, as far as the calendar? Am I possibly going to run out of days before I'm "done"?

Usually I despise time-limit mechanics, but it doesn't bother me here. Actually I think it's neat. But I'm spending a lot of energy trying to maximize my use of free time, and wondering if all that's even necessary.

Game is awesome. Can't believe I slept on this one.

Persona 3 FES... so I just started this game, finally. I'm just wondering, do I really have to play against the clock, as far as the calendar? Am I possibly going to run out of days before I'm "done"?

Usually I despise time-limit mechanics, but it doesn't bother me here. Actually I think it's neat. But I'm spending a lot of energy trying to maximize my use of free time, and wondering if all that's even necessary.

Game is awesome. Can't believe I slept on this one.

Soooooort of? The game does end on a specific day, but you should have more than enough time to do everything you want to. Don't worry about the time limit, just spend your days how you see fit.

Basic tips:
In regards to Tartarus, try to reach the highest possible point before a full moon. Storyline bosses happen on those, so being able to clear Tartarus up to the latest blockade point will pretty much mean you're at a high enough level to beat them without too much trouble.
Persona fusion is important, but definitely try to experiment with it. Some Personas in particular are good to have, but if it's at a high level and has skills you like, go for it.
Don't sleep in class! The academics boost is more important than the status boost, and there's other ways to do that.

Top Bottom