• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

daevious

Guys, I had another P3 related dream last night.

I was Makoto, in school. The classroom was full of party members and other social links. We wondered how we got there, the doors were locked and we could not escape. The windows were blocked, the lights were out, and everyone was panicking.

Then a voice came creeping "hue hue hue hue." we couldn't tell where it was coming from. Junpei tried to get the window open, while Chidori was looking for clues at the teachers desk when out jumps from the chair and onto the table

Monokuma.

O_O

I think your brain is sending you subliminal messages to buy Danganronpa on Steam.

arue

Speaking of Persona room... here's a preview of what I have. There's more to the side but we'll save that for next time.
CbgPRBXWIAI86Nd.jpg
Don't talk to me or my son or my son's son or my son's son's son or my son's son's son's son ever again.

Damn wasnt able to do any of this.

Finished Aigis slink got that person but the
promised day
is tomorrow ao that weapon wont be ready.

Oh well. Here goes nothing.

Yeah, I was locked out of a lot of special weapons on my playthrough, though that was due to me not doing Elizabeth's quests cause I thought they'd pass time.

Mediking

Speaking of Persona room... here's a preview of what I have. There's more to the side but we'll save that for next time.

Don't talk to me or my son or my son's son or my son's son's son or my son's son's son's son ever again.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!

Fool to Death, so 14 arcana/phases.
Thank the Jesus.

Also what's up with the low level elemental attacks?

What exactly does Moonlight Gown do?

Edit: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! Did farely well until the end. All
14 phases were farely boring until Nyx's avatar used Moonless Gown and enraged Makoto. Boom instant Death. It sucked because I had everyone on wait and then Makoto became enraged and couldn't do anything.

Zolo

14 phases were farely boring until Nyx's avatar used Moonless Gown and enraged Makoto. Boom instant Death. It sucked because I had everyone on wait and then Makoto became enraged and couldn't do anything.

lol. Same thing happened to me except all my party members were dead. Luckily, the MC being enraged was able to deal high enough damage to deliver the final hit. One more turn though....

Thank the Jesus.

Also what's up with the low level elemental attacks?

What exactly does Moonlight Gown do?

I used
the Armageddon fusion spell to skip the second half of the phase.
That might help you out.

I used
the Armageddon fusion spell to skip the second half of the phase.
That might help you out.
I didnt do those s-links.

But i defeated
the avatar.

What the fuck is this shit?
amino-sagiri?

Aaaaaaaaaaaand with that The Journey is over. I didn't enjoy it as much as I did P4. Maybe with a different cast I would've but overall I didn't love it like I did 4. The basic story, though, I felt was better than 4's.

Now onto The Answer then the spinoffs then Golden.

Then 5.

Now onto The Answer then the spinoffs then Golden.

Then 5.

If you decide on playing The Answer,
it's nothing but a dungeon grind with end of sections granting story cutscenes/ dialogue. If you become frustrated, it is very easy to just watch on YouTube, because there's no day-to-day activities like The Journey, you won't miss out on alot watching just dialogue and cutscenes

I believe the story is worth watching, whether you like the gameplay or not

If you decide on playing The Answer,
it's nothing but a dungeon grind with end of sections granting story cutscenes/ dialogue. If you become frustrated, it is very easy to just watch on YouTube, because there's no day-to-day activities like The Journey, you won't miss out on alot watching just dialogue and cutscenes

I believe the story is worth watching, whether you like the gameplay or not

that;s what I heard, but I like playing the story instead of watching them on youtube

same reason why I bought the arena games (
also the fact they a visual novels basically and kept having to pause it to read the story
) plus I was reading it's not as long as the base game.

and
aigis is best girl

same reason why I bought the arena games (
also the fact they a visual novels basically and kept having to pause it to read the story
) plus I was reading it's not as long as the base game.

The first Arena is like 25-ish hours long and about 20 of those hours are completely redundant. Even with The Answer's difficulty BS I never felt like my time was deliberately being wasted like when I played Arena. I wish I had just read a wiki summary or something because that's valuable time I'll never get back.

The first Arena is like 25-ish hours long and about 20 of those hours are completely redundant. Even with The Answer's difficulty BS I never felt like my time was deliberately being wasted like when I played Arena. I wish I had just read a wiki summary or something because that's valuable time I'll never get back.
I got through a good few of them before everyone said to play 3 first. They were decent from what i played

Eleuin

Falling down was pretty good, I liked how
they made ryoji more makoto's friend than junpei's like in the game.
Next P3 movie dub is too far away D:

Makio

Does anyone know if there's going to be any Persona concerts this year?

Pretty sure they are going to do a Persona Music Live 2016 after Persona 5 release to perform some P5 tracks since those concerts are like "themed" , for example the 2012 one is basically to promote Persona 4 The animation , the 2008 got the spolight Persona 4 and Trinity Soul , the 2014 got a Persona Q theme scenario.

So i see them getting another Night of The Phantom concert.

PD: I cant wait to see Lyn performing live... the opening is going to sound glorious im sure of it.

I know I decided to leave this thread until I finished P3P, but there's a few too many questions and musings I want to share and besides from a couple very kind-hearted GAFfers on Twitter I shouldn't bother anymore

I think I'm in the last few months. Some 30-40 hours in. FeMC. First P3 playthrough.

Direct spoilers in the tag.

I'm currently at the part where you return from the school trip to Kyoto. Late November. Just saw Takaya and Jin survived. Not surprising.

Shinjiro's death really got to me, to the point where I couldn't sleep until 2 am that day. Tried to roleplay as a FeMC that was utterly shattered by his death but not succeeding much. He might just be my favorite male character in all of fiction.

I wonder when Aegis' S. Link becomes available. I didn't miss it did I? :( Still bummed over discovering Shinjiro's Link too late and only getting to Rank 7 before he dies. Someone told me that FeMC can save him or something, which if true might make me play P3 a third time (I hope that I'll be able to play FES down the line one way or another).

Pretty damned sure Ryuji is Pharos in some form. The voice, the attitude, the appearance... He's also smooth as fuck but as mentioned before I'm thinking of roleplaying as a FeMC who can't get over Shinjiro, so I need a spoiler free guide on how NOT to romance him. :p (I seriously need one)

I wonder when Aegis' S. Link becomes available. I didn't miss it did I? :( Still bummed over discovering Shinjiro's Link too late and only getting to Rank 7 before he dies. Someone told me that FeMC can save him or something, which if true might make me play P3 a third time (I hope that I'll be able to play FES down the line one way or another).

You can save him if you max out his SL, but he'll still be out of commission for the rest of the story. His SL, tho....... I totally fell in love with him after not really giving a shit in the male route. It really makes a world of difference. Don't worry about Aigis, though. She'll be available later (you'll know) and you'll have plenty of time to bond with her.

Aigis S.link is available at the final moments of the game, you haven't missed it.

Yeah, you can save Shinjiro but it's not a very big change outside of the comfy feeling that he didn't kick it (you still can't use him in your party). His full S.link is great though.

Ryuji's S.link is difficult to complete actually, just tell him off when he asks to hang out if you don't want anything to do with him.

Great to see you're having a good time! Did you think switching to FemC was worth it?

You can save him if you max out his SL, but he'll still be out of commission for the rest of the story. His SL, tho....... I totally fell in love with him after not really giving a shit in the male route. It really makes a world of difference. Don't worry about Aigis, though. She'll be available later (you'll know) and you'll have plenty of time to bond with her.
I'll never forgive myself for that.

Can you direct me to a video of his S. Links (romance path) and a video of the part where FeMC saves Shinjiro?

Thanks a lot ^^

Edit:
Aigis S.link is available at the final moments of the game, you haven't missed it.

Yeah, you can save Shinjiro but it's not a very big change outside of the comfy feeling that he didn't kick it (you still can't use him in your party). His full S.link is great though.

Ryuji's S.link is difficult to complete actually, just tell him off when he asks to hang out if you don't want anything to do with him.

Great to see you're having a good time! Did you think switching to FemC was worth it?

Thanks!
I do think that the change to the FeMC was worth it. I'll experience P3MC with FES (which I have no idea if I will ever get to play so I have practically no options except for piracy) or a hypothetical definitive P3 (preferably on Vita :p). Missing the 3D environments and cutscenes a whole damn lot but hey, I get to play it on Vita! (I'm a Vita fanboy)

Also, my 16 year old horny teenager mind quite enjoys playing as a cute high schooler haha.

I thought that P3P's S. Links had romance and non-romance paths like P4G, is that not true? I wanted to get on Ryuji's non-romance path.

edit: great story stuff

I wasn't expecting this game to redeem Junpei. That Chidori scene was sad, man.
Also watched the FES cutscene of Shinjiro's death, it was great. Makes me lament Portable's cursors, but alas, it's the only way on Vita (and only way for me seeing as I have no other PS).

MSMrRound

So Nich is working at Nintendo Treehouse now? That's cool. Fire Emblem Fates is his first project. I wonder if by a stroke of fate he might be in the team that's doing the Atlus Jpop idol rpg as well.

daevious

So Nich is working at Nintendo Treehouse now? That's cool. Fire Emblem Fates is his first project. I wonder if by a stroke of fate he might be in the team that's doing the Atlus Jpop idol rpg as well.

It would be the ultimate irony if he found himself working on #FE.

EDIT: Wait, when did I become a member? I don't remember that happening.

Okay guys I'm at quite the dilemma right now

(BIG Persona 3 Portable Spoilers)

Do I go out with Ryoji? I wanted to roleplay as a FeMC that couldn't get over Shinjiro but if I still might go out if it makes the story better.

Tried to look up the S. Link and apparently there's something along the lines of a choice to kill Ryoji on 12/31 or something so I gotta ask it here.

edit:
Decided to justify romance by saying that the MC was looking for an intimate relationship to cope with Shinjiro's loss

I'm fucking dreaming, right guys? This can't be happening.

This
cant
be
fucking
happening
Kotone was his vessel... all this time?...
Fuck.

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

And to top it all of at was his 9th Rank >_____________>

I suppose killing him or not decides the different endings.

Jesus fuck how is this game so fucking endgame heavy and still so good despite its pacing

I'm still bummed either way over getting to rank 9

I was feeling so dizzy just now I had to lie down, it was the most peculiar feeling, but pleasant or unpleasant. WTF

That said. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck the game done hooked me now.

Top Bottom