• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

That doesn't make sense. Would you consider the release date of Persona 5 minor? It'll inevitably release, after all.
hmmm, maybe because I care about games a lot more but those dont seem equatable to me. The anime is production complete, and already released for viewing in one way. The game hasnt ben released at all.

So yea, just saying its not major because its inevitable doesnt work (I actually originally typed "its a given" but I didnt think that worked either)

FluxWaveZ

hmmm, maybe because I care about games a lot more but those dont seem equatable to me. The anime is production complete, and already released for viewing in one way. The game hasnt ben released at all.

So yea, just saying its not major because its inevitable doesnt work (I actually originally typed "its a given" but I didnt think that worked either)

I don't live in Japan, so I can't see the anime. To me, a date when I will be able to see P3M4 is major.

_Ryo_

Would an English dub of all 4 movies BR release in NA/EU be considered major?

Also, isnt it 23.02.2016 in Japan? Where is the info from Persona Magazine?

Setsu00

Would an English dub of all 4 movies BR release in NA/EU be considered major?

Also, isnt it 23.02.2016 in Japan? Where is the info from Persona Magazine?

1. This is a Japanese event. The chance for it having NA/EU info is basically 0.
2. The Persona 3 movies are technically already available in Europe, albeit without an English dub. It has, however, a German dub if that's what you want.
3. Info from the Persona Magazines is always scarce.

12BoM

That doesn't make sense. Would you consider the release date of Persona 5 minor? It'll inevitably release, after all.

Don't really see how this doesn't make sense for you. Clearly the release date of a game we've been waiting years and years for is more major than a release date you've been waiting months for, and for a 2 hour movie at that.

FluxWaveZ

Don't really see how this doesn't make sense for you. Clearly the release date of a game we've been waiting years and years for is more major than a release date you've been waiting months for, and for a 2 hour movie at that.

As ShadowSoldier89 themselves said above, the reasoning of inevitability objectively doesn't make sense if we're to use that as the only reason for why news cannot be major.

So how do you access the dlc persona in Q? I got the 2 free ones and can't seem to figure out how to equip them.

Edit: i have access to the compendium and already used my free summon.

Spoilers for P3P until the final arc of the game. (Date:
_1/1__
) P4G comparisons as well but I don't think there's anything spoilery in there.

Currently on 1/1. First off: I love the change in atmosphere.

Okay, now in general, despite enjoying SOMETHING in this game immensely, I'll have to say that Iwatodai, in no shape or form, lives up to Inaba. This might be because of the 2D (can't really check that out and I can't see Atlus releasing a definitive P3 on Vita or myself getting a PS2/PS3 or climbing 200 floors of Tartarus again in at least the next 3-4 years so I can't really make a comparison), or it might be because of the overall different vibe of the game, but I just don't feel as connected to Iwatodai as I did in Inaba.

I think the cast lives up to Persona 4 Golden (especially Golden because MARIE IS GREAT!). However, I think that the character INTERACTIONS aren't as good. This can, in part, be attributed to thematic difference since AFAIK the Persona 3 cast was designed more to be people that wouldn't really hang out together outside of SEES. That doesn't mean that character interaction is any less rare though. What IS there is P4 caliber, however.

I like how the S. Links feel closer to being "people from different walks of life". P4G felt more like "S. Links with people the story involves you with" whereas there's a TON of Links in P3P I encountered that are completely their own thing (Maiko, the bookseller couple, fucking TANAKA, Rio...). I liked that! One flaw it has is that despite involving more S. Links in the story (Shinjiro and Ryoji have some influence AFAIK, I suppose Aegis might as well), those S. Links have to be incredibly rushed in terms of availablity(took out Shinjiro literally every time I could after I realized his SL was open, got to Rank 7 before... y'know. Ryoji's is even worse though I did manage to get all of his ranks somehow (you literally can't miss ANY, IIRC).

And the story. Oh god, the story. Despite being paced quite abysmally especially in the first 2/3 (full moon to full moon with practically nothing in between) of the story, with the introduction of Strega it picked up fucking beautifully. It's still badly paced, but after 40 hours of gameplay seeing Junpei get redeemed so much, Shinjiro becoming my favorite male character ever in fiction in his S. Links (his romance path is 10/10, best S. Link I've seen), and now with the last month before Nyx, I really enjoyed the story so far.

"I have chosen... to "live". This is my purpose, chosen by... me."

GOOSEBUMPS

Also the style of the game beyond Iwatodai is incredibly good as well. The character portraits, the fucking Evokers (I could watch Shinjiro, FeMC, Mitsuru and Akihiko summon their Personas all damn day), the top tier OST... P4G has its stylish parts (mostly in the dungeon crawling) but holy hell, beyond Tartarus and repetitive enemy design, I loved P3P's gameplay.

It feels like I'm at the very beginning, despite reaching what is seemingly the last arc...

Also, was there any point for the ending divergence before sparing Ryoji? Got a save on 12/30.

Meia

The cast of P3 is supposed to feel different than that of P4, and that's something Persona Q has the characters actually call attention to. Persona 3's cast are basically co-workers for most of the story, and takes later story events to really have them become close. Persona 4's cast are more the "fire forged friends" thing(as well as having shit get serious for them every time they have to save someone), so they are more like friends. You also have to look at P3's cast having adults looking at the situation and helping out, while P4's is completely on their own, so it feels less structured.

I think you're playing P3P, but playing that really makes you lose the scope of Iwatodai in comparison to Inaba. The walking around areas, like all of them, are just so much bigger than anything in Inaba(the hallways in the dorm itself are HUGE), but of course that's also a design choice. And yeah, both Shinji and Ryoji HAVE to be hung out with every single chance you get or else you miss maxing them. It is worth mentioning that P3P did have way more solid Slinks than P3 vanilla did(Rio is amazing, as well as Saori), so I do still think it's the better version of the game barring the actual format it's presented in.

But no, P3 has two endings, and the choice you have to make is super obvious(
as in, yeah, the 12/30 is the point where you either kill or spare Ryoji).

_Ryo_

Iwatodai > Inaba, mate. Well, the main city. I like taking the bus and going out of town in P4.

It is definitely because of the lack of 3D environments you would feel otherwise. Well,.at least to someone like me who has lived in both the city and extremely rural/country areas. Seeing all the cute and hilarious animations just just so awesome, and I really wish I could experience that with P3P's FEMC route. Also unfortunately FES has less social links and doesnt have part time jobs, so even without 3D P3P remains the most feature rich version.

Dammit, Atlus, give me Persona 3 Cobalt. I neeeeed it. :(

Nimby

Banned
This never fails to amuse me.

zv2cQxK.png

FluxWaveZ

Yep, I've said since the start that all I need is a release date. That remains true now.

Weird, don't remember that one of Ann or Yuuske.

Recently, it seems that a lot of people are rediscovering Persona 5 images from September 2015 that they overlooked. Yeah, there have been no new screenshots at all since that time.

hey maybe there's something new in the interview

The interview has new info on Hashino's creative thought process for Persona 5 and what they have planned regarding Persona in 2016.

Eh, if Atlus doesn't care about their game, why should I?

Well, if that's your metric, maybe you shouldn't care about it?

Weiss

Banned
Well, if that's your metric, maybe you shouldn't care about it?

Probably shouldn't be expecting any new info anytime soon, at least. At this rate I'd believe it won't come out in the west this year.

Being unable to maintain any level of excitement for what should be one of my most anticipated games of all time is the actual dumbest thing. You have to try really hard as a developer to curb any kind of enthusiasm for the biggest game in the company's history.

It's a game that can only be reliably delayed. What's even the point of trying to be excited?

It's a game that can only be reliably delayed. What's even the point of trying to be excited?

You don't need to be excited about a game to look forward to it. I'm looking forward to Persona 5, but i have a ton of other things i am more excited for in the meantime. The game won't be worse if you decide to keep it in the back of your head.

Makio

At this rate I'd believe it won't come out in the west this year.

A little early for that .. no .. but then again i was one of the #2015 / Hardin dont lied team so yeah i wouldnt be surprised if we are in the this scenario in October - November 2016 again.

But well now i feel these guys are waiting to Square Enix / FFXV to do something and announce their date so they can decide when move along.

Next month is going to be interesting , but i dont expect nothing major until April

Zolo

But well now i feel these guys are waiting to Square Enix / FFXV to do something and announce their date so they can decide when move along.

Yeah. I know people joked about SE asking about Persona that one time, but I'm sure the Persona team wants to avoid releasing around the same time as FFXV if possible since it's their biggest domestic competitor. Of course, it'll almost certainly be more time for it to get localized over here anyway.

zeromcd73

New info and some low quality screenshots are out over at 2ch. I'm going about so don't have time to translate:

562 :名無しさん@お腹いっぱい。@転載は禁止 (ワッチョイ a5cd-W0eo [180.221.14.105]):2016/02/23(火) 12:08:26.70 ID:ws/B2FnB0
ペルマガ買ってインタヴュー読んだけど特にこれという情報はなし
気になったところを抜粋

・今年2月のインタヴュー
・進捗状況・・・現在、鋭意調整中
・舞台を東京にしたのは自分たちがしっている世界でとんでもない怪盗活劇が行われるという対比を見せたかったから
・竜司はツッパっているけど内面は優しい。「世の中をかえてやろうぜ」と主人公を引っ張っていく
・ペルソナは神話や伝説の神や悪魔ではなく、あえてみんなが知っていそうなピカレスクヒーローを選んだ
・キャプテンキッドは竜司の設定やエピソードとマッチしている
・杏はムードメーカー。
・モルガナはクマ的な立ち位置。主人公達と出会う前から怪盗稼業をしている。仲間から「おい、ネコ」と呼ばれている
・ゾロはモルガナの憧れの姿。理想であるマッチョ
・祐介はエキセントリック
・コミュに似たシステムあり。何かを変革しようとしている彼らにはコミュニケートが原動力になるのか?
もっと熱い人間関係が必要でコミュよりさらに1段階深い人間関係を描ければいいなと考えている。

次のペルマガは2016年夏発売

The next Persona magazine will release in Summer. Looks like they aren't doing a social link system but something a level above it.

Makio

Yeah. I know people joked about SE asking about Persona that one time, but I'm sure the Persona team wants to avoid releasing around the same time as FFXV if possible since it's their biggest domestic competitor.

Yeah is not like Summer 2016 is set in stone or anything , they can release the game later or sooner than that if the "rival" (FFVX) push it to it to keep good to bussiness.
I mean people like or not going against a mainstream game like that is a hard boss fight for a niche game as Persona.

The only thing that's actually made me worry about when we'd get P5 in the west is SMTIVF.

I dont be worry if we know the Atlus USA team had some work done over Final or Persona 5 ... but since we dont know nothing about it makes you wonder.

Plus since maybe .... just maybe Atlus USA started to work in 5 going for the 2015 release .... but now it seems everyone knows about the delay way before they announce it but then again P5 is a complete game in some aspects so maybe MAYBE they have been working in it (hopeful thinking).

The next Persona magazine will release in Summer..

Well this gets my hope a little high ... just a little
A Persona 5 full Persona Magazine Edition launched in the game release date (o a near date).... a man can dream

FluxWaveZ

New info and some low quality screenshots are out over at 2ch. I'm going about so don't have time to translate:

The next Persona magazine will release in Summer. Looks like they aren't doing a social link system but something a level above it.

The screenshots aren't new, but there does seem to be some minor new info for certain characters.

Yusuke was said to be eccentric before, but the magazine further elaborates that his looks are apparently a distinct contrast to his actual personality. Also, it seems that the push for the main character to become a phantom thief came from Ryuji; he's the one who wanted to change the world the most.

Zolo

The screenshots aren't new, but there does seem to be some minor new info for certain characters.

Yusuke was said to be eccentric before, but the magazine further elaborates that his looks are apparently a distinct contrast to his actual personality. Also, it seems that the push for the main character to become a phantom thief came from Ryuji; he's the one who wanted to change the world the most.

Kinda expected both of these. Yusuke was given a deep voice which contrasted his appearance already. Ryuji's sounds like the usual right-hand man leadership due to the protagonist not actually having a speaking role sorta like Yosuke in Persona 4.

Makio

So Yusuke is the Kanji / Shinjiro type of character you cant just judge just for looks, seems interesting hoping for a good character growth for him

And good lord because Ryuji was my least favorite so far like all the characters have something i like or look forward but for him nothing.

Edit ; Full spoiler tag to keep it safe

Oh god....

I forgot that Yusuke is voice by the actor who does Joseph Joestar and Gintoki Sakata.....

His character has the potential to be amazing!

Nachos

Have a Happy Tuesday all, enjoy even the tiniest of morsels.
Tuesdays may come and go, but delays are forever.

Oh god....

I forgot that Yusuke is voice by the actor who does Joseph Joestar and Gintoki Sakata.....

His character has the potential to be amazing!
Part of the reason why I'm hoping Ben Diskin gets the English role. His young Xehanort voice would suit Yusuke's appearance a lot better, but even if the vocal disconnect's on purpose, English Joseph shows he can go toe-to-toe with Sugita pretty easily, no matter how eccentric things get.

Lusankya

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/2...minous-content-characters-social-link-system/

Some of the more interesting bullet points:
  • Persona 4 got a bunch of extra content added to Persona 4 Golden, and as a result of not compromising with the volume, it was a lot of work. That said, [Persona 5] has some truly gorgeous content.
  • Dungeons and level design will be very different when compared to past titles. There are things that make them all different, and each dungeon will be thoroughly enjoyable.
  • There will be a similar system to “Social Link.” With the question of how to make communication for the characters of Persona 5 be a driving force, Atlus is looking to go a step higher in the human relation part of things than what we saw in the Social Link of Persona 3 and Persona 4.

Top Bottom