• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Makio

Hmm.
If P5 is released in Japan at any point in the summer, I lose. If it's released at any point after summer, then I win. Summer starts on Monday, June 20 and ends on Wednesday, September 21.

The winner chooses the losers avatar for an entire month.

So who wants in on this action.

But i suppose those are the western summer dates , because according to Wikipedia (i know) Japanese summer goes from May to August.

I mean we are betting in the Japanese release after all

And yeah i take the bet... i am always trust Atlus despite they made me lose 2 times already.

#TeamSummer or #TeamEvenMoreRuin

(or if anyone can come up with catchier hashtags go with those)

#TeamSummer all the way.

DNAbro

Not betting but I'm still pretty sure it's summer. Though at this point I've learned to not trust Atlus or Hardin.

Also put down a digital preorder for FFXV so I'm locked in for that. You could have my money right now Atlus. $60 could have been yours before the game was even out but nooooooo. I probably would get it digitally and physically too. That special LE that I know is coming. All this potential money just waiting for you.

But jesus fucking christ man cmon announce fucking something atlus goddamn it

ugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't believe it's been so long since TGS without real news

Hmm.

So I think Persona 5 will get delayed. Not a large one mind you, but a delay definitely seems to be in cards at this point. Shortly after summer is my estimate and i'm willing to avatar bet on it.

For those who want to participate, the rules are simple. If P5 is released in Japan at any point in the summer, I lose. If it's released at any point after summer, then I win. Summer starts on Monday, June 20 and ends on Wednesday, September 21.

I'm game. #AllOutRuin

Hmm.

So I think Persona 5 will get delayed. Not a large one mind you, but a delay definitely seems to be in cards at this point. Shortly after summer is my estimate and i'm willing to avatar bet on it.

For those who want to participate, the rules are simple. If P5 is released in Japan at any point in the summer, I lose. If it's released at any point after summer, then I win. Summer starts on Monday, June 20 and ends on Wednesday, September 21.

The only way to win is to not participate

Does anyone have or have pictures of the Persona Q tumbler mugs? Thinking about buying one but would like to see exactly what I am buying first.

Also, anyone know if animepoko.com is legit? I would assume since they accept paypal...

Levito

Banned
Good god, we were doing "avatar bets" over Persona 5 announcements back in like 2013. This game needs to come out already.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Good god, we were doing "avatar bets" over Persona 5 announcements back in like 2013. This game needs to come out already.
I'm on the verge of not giving a shit at this point. I rarely game these days and if Persona 5 gets delayed to next year I probably won't even bother playing it at all.

FluxWaveZ

I trust you.

No need for trust.
KPcRHxY.png
Meant it was the first in-game date we had ever seen of Persona 5, starting on April 11.

But, actually, the earliest date we've seen thus far was April 7.

Hmm.

I'm in. #RoadToRuin
It would be a nice surprise if it comes out during the summer, but after last time (and the lack of news) I'm not getting my hopes up :p

AerialAir

Banned

I believe it'll be out this year, at least for Japan, sales on Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE were only decent, and Atlus is starting to get pressured to make profits in the rest of year, considering even SMT IV Final sold less than expected.

FluxWaveZ

I believe it'll be out this year, at least for Japan, sales on Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE were only decent, and Atlus is starting to get pressured to make profits in the rest of year, considering even SMT IV Final sold less than expected.

Citation needed. Additionally, how much TMS #FE sold matters naught for Atlus or even Sega when Nintendo is the company publishing the game.

AerialAir

Banned

FluxWaveZ

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/22/shin-megami-tensei-iv-final-sold-73-initial-shipment/ again, not bad, but below the expected

True, Nintendo publishes it, but if it does not sell much Atlus loses company trust, which is important when you are a major third party (in Nintendo's case, regarding the 3DS)

Below expected for whom? It did sell through 73% of its initial shipment, so it's not like Atlus overshipped the game.

And for TMS, I think the situation is a lot more complicated than that, especially since Nintendo staff were closely involved with the project on the development side of things.

AerialAir

Banned
Below expected for whom? It did sell through 73% of its initial shipment, so it's not like Atlus overshipped the game.

And for TMS, I think the situation is a lot more complicated than that, especially since Nintendo staff were closely involved with the project on the development side of things.

I'm not saying the situation is bad, far from it, Atlus has been putting great games out and they're my favourite and many people's dev, but they have to put P5 out, or a lot of people will start to become really burnt of their schedules. I'm saying this because of how they treated SMT IV in Europe and many people I know shifted away from Atlus after that, and I don't want to see people starting to get angry at them just because they don't put a game out. I understand more development time usually means better quality, but I think they are really pressured to put P5 out this year, again, at least in Japan.

Levito

Banned
First of all we have no idea what the development for this game has been like, so best not to assume it's 'in trouble' or otherwise.

Secondly if you're tired of waiting for Persona 5, play games that are already out that you haven't before. Ones that you've always been meaning to but didn't get around to playing. In the past year I played Demon's Souls, the Mass Effect trilogy, Final Fantasy VIII, Castlevania: SoTN, Dragon's Dogma, and several others. There's a ton of great games out right now you that you've never played.

Persona 5 will be out when it's out, no amount of rampant speculation or the like will make it come out faster. Personally I can't do the "let's think/talk about this one game day in and out" thing anymore like in 2013/2014. Part of the reason I changed S.Link to a general RPG podcast is because there's a ton of great stuff out there to discuss.

tl;dr --don't think about P5 so much and it'll be out before you know it.

The persona GAF circle =
P3:FES vs P3P > Marie discussion > Ultimax sucks > When is P5?

Repeat until news comes out.

I'll get this started

FES > P3P by a landslide

Who else wants to get in a 3 page long discussion again while simultaneously doing absolutely nothing in those 3 pages

---

Alternatively, pick up an MMO (or 4). Time is flying by over here

Levito

Banned
Speaking of a real SMT game I wish Soul Hackers was on other platforms than 3DS cause I wanna finish it. Game was soooooo good.

I'll get this started

FES > P3P by a landslide

Who else wants to get in a 3 page long discussion again while simultaneously doing absolutely nothing in those 3 pages

Might as well get in on that :p

3D environments + cutscenes > FeMC, and I'm saying this as someone who loved FeMC's character. The sense of scale in FES is INCREDIBLE from what I have seen of it, which is not present at all in P3P. All cutscenes I've seen are trippy godlite snippets of animation.

I don't feel like I've seen the "true P3" to be honest, I have no connection to Iwatodai whatsoever while Inaba (played P4G) still gives me some heavy feels. Only played P3P.

Lunar15

I enjoy speculation, but I'm also not one to get really bothered by any of this. It releases when it releases, but I enjoy working out when we might hear news. If this was the only game I was anticipating, then yeah, I probably would be in dire straights right now.

Anywho, Levito: Did you ever play any of the Trails games? Heard nothing but good, but I haven't checked them out myself.

cj_iwakura

I enjoy speculation, but I'm also not one to get really bothered by any of this. It releases when it releases, but I enjoy working out when we might hear news. If this was the only game I was anticipating, then yeah, I probably would be in dire straights right now.

Anywho, Levito: Did you ever play any of the Trails games? Heard nothing but good, but I haven't checked them out myself.

I've played the first one. They're... how do I put it. Fun, but nothing remarkable. Very well fleshed out.

Levito

Banned
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth feels a lot like an Atlus RPG, though I'm sure most of you have already played that.

I own one of the ones on Steam but haven't played it yet.

QuadOpto

More bets? I love bets. Especially when predicting how ATLUS will do things is involved.

I think they will definitely release Persona 5 in the Summer. Hope has to win sometime!

#TeamSummerofGlory

Lunar15

Also, if you're really jonsin' for some Persona, go watch the first episode of JoJo's Bizzare Adventure Part 4. It's about a group of high schoolers in a small rural town that try to solve a serial murder case while summoning fighting spirits with their mind.

Also, someone punches spaghetti and it's really great.

PK Gaming

Heh, I guess my post was pretty silly, although i'm not too serious about it. I mean either way, I come out a winner :)

Speaking of a real SMT game I wish Soul Hackers was on other platforms than 3DS cause I wanna finish it. Game was soooooo good.

Nemissa da bess

Levito

Banned
Heh, I guess my post was pretty silly, although i'm not too serious about it. I mean either way, I come out a winner :)

No nooo it's fine, I meant no ill will, I just thought it was funny that it's been like years since a lot of us started posting here!

I think the avatar bet I took part in was between me and Dantis and he had to wear an awful Labrys avatar for like a week. lol

Zolo

Eh. I'm fine with betting on a summer 2016 Japanese release. If I'm wrong, I expect it will only be barely with it releasing in late August or September.

Eylos

Banned
My guess is that persona will have a delay of a few months, end of the year in Japan (november or december).
And feb/march 2017 NA
FFXV will release 30 september, so thats why i'm guessing that

another topic i started persona 2 innocent sin, and so far so good, characters are good, gossip mechanic is interesting, only the battles are kinda lame
its a very good old school rpg but is persona

PK Gaming

No nooo it's fine, I meant no ill will, I just thought it was funny that it's been like years since a lot of us started posting here!

I think the avatar bet I took part in was between me and Dantis and he had to wear an awful Labrys avatar for like a week. lol

It floors me that we've been posting here for so long. I remember we used to get up to all kinds of ridiculous discussions, haha.

Really hoping that happens again when P5 finally comes out.

Hmm.

#TeamSummer or #TeamEvenMoreRuin
#TeamEvenMoreRuin. It's better to have low expectations. :p

Zolo

Hmm.....to discuss something about Persona games out, am I the only one (oh god, I'm using that phrase.) who was kinda under the impression it seems like Dojima and Nanako aren't related by blood? There seemed to be an emphasis on how being family isn't simply who you're related to in both of their social links, but there was never anything said for sure. I know there's also the element about it being for the MC who becomes more like a son/brother to them than a nephew/cousin.

Hmm.....to discuss something about Persona games out, am I the only one (oh god, I'm using that phrase.) who was kinda under the impression it seems like Dojima and Nanako aren't related by blood? There seemed to be an emphasis on how being family isn't simply who you're related to in both of their social links, but there was never anything said for sure. I know there's also the element about it being for the MC who becomes more like a son/brother to them than a nephew/cousin.

I can see why some people might think that, but no.

The idea they were going for was that despite the fact that they are blood relatives, they cannot really be seen as a true family due to how little time Ryotaro spends with Nanako. Like, yeah, they're related, but the TV is more of a parent to her than Ryotaro was, and likewise, Ryotaro might be Nanako's biological father, but he can't really be seen as her 'dad' due to the fact that he's always at work.

This is simplified down so much, but I dont want to type 8 or 9 paragraphs like I did last time with the 'Kanji being gay' thing

Zolo

I can see why some people might think that, but no.

The idea they were going for was that despite the fact that they are blood relatives, they cannot really be seen as a true family due to how little time Ryotaro spends with Nanako. Like, yeah, they're related, but the TV is more of a parent to her than Ryotaro was, and likewise, Ryotaro might be Nanako's biological father, but he can't really be seen as her 'dad' due to the fact that he's always at work.

This is simplified down so much, but I dont want to type 8 or 9 paragraphs like I did last time with the 'Kanji being gay' thing

Yeah. That makes more sense.

I wasn't dedicated to the idea and knew there were other/better interpretations, so I didn't want it to end up like that either.

Top Bottom