• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Olengie

Buying P5 (CE pls) instead of FF XV.

Ill borrow XV from my friend or wait till Black Friday for the eventual price drop.

However, Sogabe is a terrific artist and is still able to provide some great eye-candy such as one of the most amazing things you'll ever see:

I like that the characters confront their shadow instead of simply being a damsel in distress. Though people may not like the change of summoning your persona as a separate being from your shadow.

84X

Banned
I like that the characters confront their shadow instead of simply being a damsel in distress. Though people may not like the change of summoning your persona as a separate being from your shadow.

I hate it myself to be honest. Not the part of the characters actually finishing off their shadows since that's led to some pretty great dialogue but it really shatters the duality that's supposed to exist between P4's personas and shadows. Well, it's mostly just an issue with Yosuke and if you look at scans of later volumes you can see that Sogabe starts respecting the duality more anyways.

Edit: Actually the only time a persona is overtly summoned while the shadow is still present is during the Yosuke fight, and that whole thing is pretty trippy so you can pretty much write it off as just trying to be abstract about it.

I'd want a steelbook with so Soejima art of the
Arsene summoning
(spoiler?) and maybe a manga like the one that came in the Type-0 CE.

P5 is the new TLG...

No, but FFXV is more real than P5 which feels strange. I was tempted to use the money I set aside for P5's CE way back when on the XV deluxe edition.

FluxWaveZ

Araki of Jojo's fame apparently said that he designs protagonists to be "opposites" of the protagonist in the preceding Part. Even if it's not intentionally done, I can see the same in the design philosophy in Persona protagonists, mainly starting with Persona 3, especially in cross-media projects.

Sophia

Araki of Jojo's fame apparently said that he designs protagonists to be "opposites" of the protagonist in the preceding Part. Even if it's not intentionally done, I can see the same in the design philosophy in Persona protagonists, mainly starting with Persona 3, especially in cross-media projects.

It's also interesting to note that the Persona 3 protagonist started off as more of a blank slate, but as the Narukami gained a name and more of a personality, so did he in the opposite direction.

PK Gaming

Yeah, Soejima outright said he designed Yu in a "wild and masculine" to contrast with Makoto's shy and cute (his words) design. Even going father than that, Part 4 in general has a ton of similarities with Persona 4 that I don't even want to get into until long after the Part 4 anime is finished.

Olengie

Got any links or advice on doing a perfect run for Persona 4 Golden as in alotta trophies and true ending?

If you want all the trophies, it requires at least two playthroughs. The books trophy and max social link trophy can't be done in the same playthrough unless it's NG+, and a certain trophy requires you reach the end of a 2nd playthrough.

Olengie

People say that, and then I found out I got it by accident. :/

I got it on my first playthrough. Others may have problems. That is pretty much the hardest trophy imo. The others can easily be gotten.

If you want all the trophies, it requires at least two playthroughs. The books trophy and max social link trophy can't be done in the same playthrough unless it's NG+, and a certain trophy requires you reach the end of a 2nd playthrough.

NG+ is a breeze when you do it on Very Easy and just skip everything unrelated to the trophies you need. LOL.

Gecoma

I've been staying away from this thread this year because the wait for P5 was killing me, decided to just pretend it doesn't exist until the next trailer. But i ordered that Chie Jacket from incertcoinclothing last week & it arrived yesterday. Looks & feels good, very pricey though.

I wonder how much longer it'll be on sale, their Twitter was saying it was limited. Its very cool to see official Persona clothing merch like this. I kinda regret not picking up a t-shirt or two as well. Wonder if they'll do any Persona 3 or 5 stuff.

I've been staying away from this thread this year because the wait for P5 was killing me, decided to just pretend it doesn't exist until the next trailer. But i ordered that Chie Jacket from incertcoinclothing last week & it arrived yesterday. Looks & feels good, very pricey though.

I wonder how much longer it'll be on sale, their Twitter was saying it was limited. Its very cool to see official Persona clothing merch like this. I kinda regret not picking up a t-shirt or two as well. Wonder if they'll do any Persona 3 or 5 stuff.

What the fuck? I ordered my stuff the instant they went on sale and mine havent even shipped yet! I even paid for the better shipping service!

And Im in the UK, where they are based!

Setsu00

Just be glad that you didn't buy one of the two jackets from the FFXV clothing line since these range between 1000€ and 2300€.

Gecoma

What the fuck? I ordered my stuff the instant they went on sale and mine havent even shipped yet! I even paid for the better shipping service!

And Im in the UK, where they are based!

That sucks, your situation is the exact same as mine. I'm in the uk, payed for the better shipping and ordered instantly. I was expecting it to take longer with the bank holiday & high demand honestly. Luck of the draw I guess.

On the bright side the instant mine shipped it was at my door the very next day (and I'm about as far away from their shipping location as you could be while still being in the uk)

Just be glad that you didn't buy one of the two jackets from the FFXV clothing line since these range between 1000€ and 2300€.

Damn, screw that noise.

PK Gaming

Hmm.

So I think Persona 5 will get delayed. Not a large one mind you, but a delay definitely seems to be in cards at this point. Shortly after summer is my estimate and i'm willing to avatar bet on it.

For those who want to participate, the rules are simple. If P5 is released in Japan at any point in the summer, I lose. If it's released at any point after summer, then I win. Summer starts on Monday, June 20 and ends on Wednesday, September 21.

The winner chooses the losers avatar for an entire month.

So who wants in on this action.

Hmm.

So I think Persona 5 will get delayed. Not a large one mind you, but a delay definitely seems to be in cards at this point. Shortly after summer is my estimate and i'm willing to avatar bet on it.

For those who want to participate, the rules are simple. If P5 is released in Japan at any point in the summer, I lose. If it's released at any point after summer, then I win. Summer starts on Monday, June 20 and ends on Wednesday, September 21.

Sure, I'll take the bet. I'm confident enough about Summer for Japan.

lilty

Got any links or advice on doing a perfect run for Persona 4 Golden as in alotta trophies and true ending?
I just finished this myself today. I used the new game + guide by KADFC or whatever on Gamefaqs and finished ahead of his schedule. Super helpful guide, and I got the platinum this morning.

MSMrRound

Walking past a shop when I noticed they were having a moving out sale.

12417737_10153521587339632_5837323476981500_n.jpg

A Konohana Sakuya fig...that was previously at SGD $160...going at $50!?

HMMMMMMM....I shouldn't let myself get tempted...

Aww dammit.

Hmm.

Sure, why not? I need to get some use out of that dunce avatar.

Setsu00

Hmm.

I'll join. It's not like I have anything to lose anyway.

Hmm.

Sure, why not. Japan will get a summer release for certain.

So with Dragon's Crown's OST on itunes worldwide, plus the fact that SEGA are pretty good at worldwide soundtrack releases, wonder if there's a chance of other Atlus stuff showing up at some point.

PK Gaming

Sure, I'll take the bet. I'm confident enough about Summer for Japan.

Sure, why not? I need to get some use out of that dunce avatar.

I'll join. It's not like I have anything to lose anyway.

Sure, why not. Japan will get a summer release for certain.

Cool, cool, cool.

You should decide amongst yourselves which avatar i'll use (assuming you win). I'll even rotate between avatars.

Top Bottom