• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

kiyoaki

Does it work for anyone not in Japan? I thought preorders aren't global enabled even if the product itself theoretically is. Maybe my address is the issue.
Didn't work for me either with my address in Europe, I had to put in my Tenso address. Then it worked.

kiyoaki

Thanks, how much did it cost + the tenso fees?
I haven't used tenso yet.
Can't really say, it depends on the exact measurements and weight of the box. But it can get quite expensive. I never order individual products via Tenso or Buyee. Typically, I compile packages with 10-15 books, CDs and games from various Japanese web shops and pay anything between 4'000 and 16'000 Yen for Tenso fees, package consolidation and EMS shipping, depending on the final weight and bulk of the package. My last big package weighed close to 6 kg, contained 16 items and cost me 15'767 Yen overall in Buyee fees + Japanese shipping fees (from the web shops to Buyee).

They sometimes do campaigns, which can also help you save some money.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Can't really say, it depends on the exact measurements and weight of the box. But it can get quite expensive. I never order individual products via Tenso or Buyee. Typically, I compile packages with 10-15 books, CDs and games from various Japanese web shops and pay anything between 4'000 and 16'000 Yen for Tenso fees, package consolidation and EMS shipping, depending on the final weight and bulk of the package. My last big package weighed close to 6 kg, contained 16 items and cost me 15'767 Yen overall in Buyee fees + Japanese shipping fees (from the web shops to Buyee).

They sometimes do campaigns, which can also help you save some money.

Thanks, that helps! I guess I'll have to see what makes more sense.
Tenso might actually be attractive given that I actually have some items for a bigger package in mind.

MSMrRound

About Sakura Futaba, while others might link her to the Splatoon Inklings and stuff, I'm not too sure if you guys have read the manga "Mahou Sensei Negima" or Magister Magi Negima by Ken Akamatsu (author of Love Hina)..

..but she really kinds of remind me of Chisame Hasegawa from it. Both of them wear glasses, are depicted as shut-ins. Chisame's identity is that she's actually a very popular "net Idol" who runs her own top-ranking blog, and can be very vicious when she's in her "online" persona when it comes to flaming or kicking others down a peg, taking pride in her ability to demonstrate her IT skills.

Later on when she was recruited into Negi's party in the manga, she was given a supportive role and often hacked her way around with a magical tool in cyberspace to change the situation around for Negi and his party.

So far we have only seen Sakura's geeky side, but I can't help but think that Sakura might possibly be established as a internet personality (e.g indifferent offline, very drastic personality shift online). Just a little theory.

yuuki

-snip-
So far we have only seen Sakura's geeky side, but I can't help but think that Sakura might possibly be established as a internet personality (e.g indifferent offline, very drastic personality shift online). Just a little theory.
maybe she is just super shy in real life.

gQLr1FX.jpg

Really tempted to order a copy of the Anniversary edition but considering I'm already potentially going to have to pick up two copies of the game I don't know that I want to add a third to the mix.

After they bought over P4D's LE with added stuff, and since they usually bring over any preorder bonuses, I'm expecting Atlus USA to bring over the Anniversary Box too.

After they bought over P4D's LE with added stuff, and since they usually bring over any preorder bonuses, I'm expecting Atlus USA to bring over the Anniversary Box too.
I expect that they would as well, although if I have to get a NA copy I'd probably prefer it to be digital.

Hopefully it ends up not being a concern and the anniversary edition makes it to Europe. Although considering that NIS is out of the picture I won't get my hopes up.

I expect that they would as well, although if I have to get a NA copy I'd probably prefer it to be digital.

Hopefully it ends up not being a concern and the anniversary edition makes it to Europe. Although considering that NIS is out of the picture I won't get my hopes up.

The odd thing is that Nis were awful with limited edition products and who would charged offensive prices. I will go digital for Na if Europe date is close. If not, then retail for Na for me.

Is there any way to get an estimation on the shipping price from AmiAmi (I'm looking at the EMS shipping option)? I got to know how much that will be in order to even consider getting the limited edition D:

The odd thing is that Nis were awful with limited edition products and who would charged offensive prices. I will go digital for Na if Europe date is close. If not, then retail for Na for me.
Yeah I never actually bought those limited editions due to the price but I probably would have caved if they had sold the anniversary edition.

Yeah I never actually bought those limited editions due to the price but I probably would have caved if they had sold the anniversary edition.

The anniversary edition is justifiable to the extent that it's not going to be a routine purchase. Thank god there were alternative stores so I could get my full deck of arcana cards.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I'm going to skip on the JP version. If the US gets an equivalent SE then I'll definitely import that.

Too much else in September. Not sure I can justify spending that much on something I'd end up buying twice, especially since I won't be playing the game in Japanese.

Lunar15

So, there's one part in the trailer with a graphic of the MC falling against a red background that settles onto a screen with what looks like notifications popping up that say "next!".

What's that screen all about?

Am I crazy to think that the Inkling girl may be the daughter from a certain pair from previous Persona? She have orange hair, some hacker skills...

Let's see... it's been seven years since P3.
First, when do P1 and P2 take place, and what pair are you talking about?

The same scene (or another part of it) showed up in PV3 so I think it's been talked about already.

It's still kind of weird, though.

Yo where is Sho at

Burning in DeviantArt. :)

So, there's one part in the trailer with a graphic of the MC falling against a red background that settles onto a screen with what looks like notifications popping up that say "next!".

What's that screen all about?
I've been wondering that as well, the menu items that get added to the screen have "new" next to them but there are also menu items on the screen before those get added.

Also, wonder what that meter is at the bottom right of the calendar.

The bar on the calendar might be the equivalent of the moon appearing in appealing in persona 4 meaning time to complete dungeon is over. Have no idea on the top image, might it be a new result screen for beating monster in chests.

I think it's some kind of poll or survey, probably something dictated by your actions in the game. It poses a question relating to your heart or something?? There's an @Anonymous handle there too, so maybe there's a social media mechanic of some sort.

Someone who's better at reading kanji than I am, please confirm.

Lunar15

Also, wonder what that meter is at the bottom right of the calendar.

Yep, that first gif is the screen I was talking about. Really can't figure out what it'd be used for. Maybe it's a post-heist screen? It looks like he's jumping out of a window here, so this could be a screen showing what you've nabbed after you've escaped the dungeon for a day. A post-session progress report.

I have a feeling dungeons work very differently this time. We've seen meters in the dungeons, so I wonder if they're very non-linear with the ability to steal so much every time you go in. Once you steal everything of importance (not necessarily items, but perhaps pieces of hearts?) then the boss happens.

I wonder if that's for the city as a whole. Like, infiltration into everyone's hearts. Or it could be for the specific dungeon at that time.

Do you think they might bring side quests to do in addition to the main dungeon. As in some Intel gathering missions which is needed for the main dungeon.

Jintor

Hmm. I wonder what the hard time limit will be, assuming it keeps to the same formula of 'do the boss by x date otherwise game over'

Setsu00

I think it's some kind of poll or survey, probably something dictated by your actions in the game. It poses a question relating to your heart or something?? There's an @Anonymous handle there too, so maybe there's a social media mechanic of some sort.

Someone who's better at reading kanji than I am, please confirm.

Sort of, yes.

"PhantomThief Channel
Q: "Do you believe in the Phantom Thieves of Hearts (=kokoro no kaitou)?"
@Anonymous: "I think you're playing too many games.""

I thought that red screen with the Phantom falling down was your objectives for the dungeon. That's the infiltration progress log, not the calendar.

Jintor

Kill Screen just put up an article/interview

of note:

In the highly anticipated Persona 5, the lines between the real and alternate worlds appear to blur together even more, as reality itself becomes a surrealistic routine. In the upcoming game, a group of five students escape the monotony of everyday life by creating alter egos called the “Phantom Thieves of Hearts.” These masked bandits repeatedly raid a palace built by society’s hopes and dreams, but which has been exploited by shadowy figures of authority. “It’s built upon a distinct mood,” Hashino teased, “the stagnant feeling that can be felt in Japan right now, but our unorthodox heroes will go all out to challenge the status quo. I hope everyone will look forward to and enjoy the experience that only the Persona series can bring you.”

So is it one central 'Tartarus' built of multiple dungeons? Or misinterpretation?

PK Gaming

AtlusJP: As I was saying earlier, our new character Ann Teriyaki...
AtlusUSA: Yo.
AtlusJP: Wassup my boi.
AtlusUSA: It's Anne. With an e.

That's how it went down. Probably.

Top Bottom