• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Squire

Banned
Brown-haired dude must join really late. If you take into account glasses joins August, 'Adieu' joins September/October, then that puts him at maybe October/November.

What month does the game start?

While I know some people aren't sold on the UI (even though most are) I think it's important to note how refreshing it is to see someone so absolutely dialed in on this part of design. Honestly, P5 is bar-raising in this aspect.

It's hard to fully describe what I mean, but it just feels like for the type of game P5 is (a turn-based anime JRPG) it seems like a massive, massive leap forward. It's the next generation of this type of game.

Exactly. Absolutely.

Mediking

Wvyc1GV.gif

I expect many comic jokes about how the phantom runs around in circles here.

!!!!!!!! It just hit me!!! Imagine this awesome victory animation with Gekkoukan outfits and Yasogami High outfits!!! I'm drooling!!!

Tamanon

Banned
I assume the last character is going to get a reveal in one of the magazines.

And he does remind me of Yosuke, or older Ken.

I assume the last character is going to get a reveal in one of the magazines.

And he does remind me of Yosuke, or older Ken.

Nah, bet they get "revealed" in PV5 at E3. Magazines will focus on the other three, and Igor/the velvet twins

Kind of nice that after the massive gaps between every other trailer, we only have to wait just over a month for the next event.

While I know some people aren't sold on the UI (even though most are) I think it's important to note how refreshing it is to see someone so absolutely dialed in on this part of design. Honestly, P5 is bar-raising in this aspect.

It's hard to fully describe what I mean, but it just feels like for the type of game P5 is (a turn-based anime JRPG) it seems like a massive, massive leap forward. It's the next generation of this type of game.

For a genre of game that tends to have some really basic ugly UI it's definitely great to see some UI design that is both visually striking and very snappy.

It's a step above the vast majority of video game UI design in general and while I don't ever expect this sort of UI design to catch on it's really nice to see someone put so much effort into giving a set of menus so much personality.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, I love all the personality each character is showing just in the way they move thus far. Ryuji has really grown on me.

Squire

Banned
I'm thinking the dates are purely placeholder in a lot of spaces. The party not being fully formed until September seems odd to me. Just me?

Ok, something that is really bugging me. People keep saying that the anime is a prequel, and the description on Persona Central says: "It will be a prologue story depicting a successful mission from the Phantom Thief team."

How does that work? The team wouldn't be formed before the game.

Zolo

Ok, something that is really bugging me. People keep saying that the anime is a prequel, and the description on Persona Central says: "It will be a prologue story depicting a successful mission from the Phantom Thief team."

How does that work? The team wouldn't be formed before the game.

It's a prologue to the rest of their adventures. =p

Yeah, the message from Hashino refers to it as a sub episode in the game, going by machine translation. So it probably will be similar to Brotherhood.

FluxWaveZ

All the sites that seemed to report on the anime referred to it as a "prologue," but, yeah, that doesn't sound right unless time shifting shenanigans are going on. Likely not actually a "prologue" story in the narrative sense.

I can't stop watching PV4. It's just so damn perfect. I liked all of the new characters, especially the hacker/navigator one. Do we have a name for her, yet?

Also, judging by months that has been shown in the trailer I'm a little worried that the game might start a bit too late and miss February and Valentine's day again. That's one of the few things that I was disappointed in with P4.

Sophia

I can't stop watching PV4. It's just so damn perfect. I liked all of the new characters, especially the hacker/navigator one. Do we have a name for her, yet?

Also, judging by months that has been shown in the trailer I'm a little worried that the game might start a bit too late and miss February and Valentine's day again. That's one of the few things that I was disappointed in with P4.

Hacker girl is apparently the only one we have a name for: Sakura Futaba

Hacker girl is apparently the only one we have a name for: Sakura Futaba
Thanks. Sakura is a nice name and definitely suits her :)

Valentine's Day at the start of the game wouldn't really make sense anyway.
That's true. I wish the game would took place in the span of two years, rather than one. That would give characters and their relationships even more time to grow and develop.

I'm just trying to find some way to put the Valentine's Day in there.

Nachos

Huh, so they are. Interesting.... that makes three different schools in Persona 5.
Three? I assumed that Yusuke was the only outlier, considering that everyone else except Sakura has plaid, and that I'm half expected her to be full-time truant.

FluxWaveZ

Three? I assumed that Yusuke was the only outlier, considering that everyone else except Sakura has plaid, and that I'm half expected her to be full-time truant.

There's Shujin, then there's Kosei, and now there's the mystery guy with a different emblem with "BJ" written on it.

Top Bottom