• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

PK Gaming

You know, I used to be pretty pretty gung ho about there being a P4 cameo in P5. But with Persona 4 Arena, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Persona 4 Dancing All Night, Persona Q, Persona 4 Pachinko, Persona 4 manga(s), Persona The Animation, Persona 4 The Golden Animation I really hope they keep the P4 cameos to a minimum.

A Risette poster, Teddie doing his thing, alternate costumes... A social link character showing up at most!

I'm the same height as Tatsuya. Every day I despair about being taller than Akihiko.

I should be between Kanji and Eikichi, almost completed the challenge, dang.

Oh, why are they carrying seemingly random objects on that image? Am I missing some joke?

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Junes heist.

The game is going to cut back and forth between the Phantom Thief stealing stuff and the Investigation Team + SEES trying to hunt them down.

I'm still guilty for being one of the few who wants one of those 3-4 day vacation trips with some relation to P3/4. I'd go as far to say i want to see the casts for a day or two (I'm biased so anything related to P3 i will want), but i doubt it will happen. (P3/4 vacation trip spoilers)
Kinda like P3P does with Inaba, and P4G (IDK about regular P4) does with Gekkoukan/ Tatsumi Port Island

P4 vanilla
did it too.

You know, I used to be pretty pretty gung ho about there being a P4 cameo in P5. But with Persona 4 Arena, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Persona 4 Dancing All Night, Persona Q, Persona 4 Pachinko, Persona 4 manga(s), Persona The Animation, Persona 4 The Golden Animation I really hope they keep the P4 cameos to a minimum.

A Risette poster, Teddie doing his thing, alternate costumes... A social link character showing up at most!

Yeah, the oversaturation of P4 media has me wanting Persona 5 to just be it's own thing. We've seen the Investigation Team so much recently that there's no longer any novelty in returning to the cast of Persona 4. Something along the lines of the P2 references in P3, or a minor social link charecter would be fine, but there's really no need for any characters to return in major roles.

Xenoflare

It's weird how Teddie's PQ status bar during battles reminds me of the Atlus logo. His color palette eerily matches up with it. Maybe I'm the only one who just figured this out while everyone else already did in 2008

Oh and I'm finally enjoying drawing maps in PQ. Due to some unfortunate oversights I lost my PQ map data (and my street passes and activity logs which I almost cried over) I restarted PQ actually trying to 100% every floor and I'm having a blast.

Lunar15

As I've said countless times, the extent of cameos and references to P3/4 shouldn't go beyond anything they've already done in past games. Basically, having references to stuff in the background is fine. Actually involving elements from past games in the plot would be troublesome, to me.

Anywho, that picture of the attendants reminded me: Do you guys think there's any significance behind having two velvet room attendants? Are they just doing something different, or do you think one of them will handle some completely different mechanic or something?

Makio

Nothing can be worse than the P4 and P1 human villains.

And can be cool to have this guy as some kind of antagonist in Persona 5
t_p4aku.png

Weiss

Banned
As I've said countless times, the extent of cameos and references to P3/4 shouldn't go beyond anything they've already done in past games. Basically, having references to stuff in the background is fine. Actually involving elements from past games in the plot would be troublesome, to me.

Anywho, that picture of the attendants reminded me: Do you guys think there's any significance behind having two velvet room attendants? Are they just doing something different, or do you think one of them will handle some completely different mechanic or something?

6-Persona2-6-2.jpg

Sophia

I should be between Kanji and Eikichi, almost completed the challenge, dang.

Oh, why are they carrying seemingly random objects on that image? Am I missing some joke?

The objects are for comparison sake, so you get a sense of the scale and so that the ARTIST also has a sense of scale.

cj_iwakura

One thing I've noticed after some time in the Persona fandom is that other than younger characters like Ken, they cut off women's heights at a certain point.

xbdCDWt.jpg

I'm not trying to start an issue where there may not be one, but it'd be nice to see a taller woman in the cast this time around. What if the Fox-Mask character turns out to be like that?

Idk, I'm starving for more info at this point.
So what you're saying is Yukino x Eikichi = OTP.

Squire

Banned
Isn't it Naoto's deal that she comes from a long line of private investigators? Joining the 'real' police, I feel would be a detriment to her.

Being a detective on a police force isn't exactly lacking prestige. That's a promoted position, after all. In most cases, Akihiko and Chie would probably be first to the scene and Naoto would come later. She works directly for the PD, she's contracted; it doesn't really matter which.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
So it looks like I missed a big thread gaming side today about someone from Atlus USA saying P5 was coming out this year.

Still not worried about that avatar bet.

First time I wont be able to get a Persona Music Live on day 1.
Just can't afford it right now, fucking hell.

I had the BD on preorder but had to cancel from Amazon Japan since I won't even be home (let alone in the US) when it releases as I'll be in Europe.

I'll go buy both the BD and the CD when I come back after my vacation.

So it looks like I missed a big thread gaming side today about someone from Atlus USA saying P5 was coming out this year.

Still not worried about that avatar bet.

It was just an excerpt from the interview we noted in here about a week ago, literally nothing new, its just now the masses caught onto it.

That's a terrible thing to say about Kandori. It's not his fault he was followed up by Adolf Hitler.

Please understand I'm only referring to P3 onwards.

I swear I'll play the other ones before the heat death of the universe.
Or at least before P4DAN.

Also I'm pretty sure Hitler doesn't count.

FluxWaveZ

I thought it was a no-brainer that they would show off P4D one last time on the Sega Raw talk show this month—which is going to be on Monday—for Hatsune Miku, but to my surprise it seems that that won't be happening.

News schedule's so empty... maybe the SCEJA conference date is going to be announced soon so that there's a date to look forward to.

That's a terrible thing to say about Kandori. It's not his fault he was followed up by Adolf Hitler.

Hitler? no idea what you're talking about, there was no Hitler in Persona 2. Did Hitler wear sunglasses? I think not.

I thought it was a no-brainer that they would show off P4D one last time on the Sega Raw talk show this month—which is going to be on Monday—for Hatsune Miku, but to my surprise it seems that that won't be happening.

News schedule's so empty... maybe the SCEJA conference date is going to be announced soon so that there's a date to look forward to.

It's all about Odin Sphere news right now. They can worry about marketing Persona 5 once that's out of the way.

Sophia

The more I think about it, the more I start to believe that they may have wanted to do a whole lot more with Persona 4 Golden than they actually did. It's like they had a lot of crazy ideas for improving the game, but didn't want to change the structure of it too much.

There's a lot of little things (Marie's social link, the tag-team/fusion attacks, the new mechanics for learning Persona abilities, etc) that just give me the impression like they wanted to go a step further than what they did.

I shall dub this drawing: P3XP4: Another Time Travel. It's a sequel to this drawing I drew in 2012 (which I named P3XP4: Time Travel)

Bigger version of the quoted drawing under the link.

That's awesome. I kinda wish I could draw but I'm absolute garbage at it :p

Also I remember seeing the first one a while ago and thinking that was amazing as well, didn't know it was by someone that I've seen on GAF though.

One thing I've noticed after some time in the Persona fandom is that other than younger characters like Ken, they cut off women's heights at a certain point.

xbdCDWt.jpg

I'm not trying to start an issue where there may not be one, but it'd be nice to see a taller woman in the cast this time around. What if the Fox-Mask character turns out to be like that?

Idk, I'm starving for more info at this point.

Are these heights real?

NichM

Banned
Playing FES atm and wonder about SL. Are they affected by time between meetings or by number of times I spend time with a person?

SL ranks are affected by three things. One, every time you hang out with someone, you get a few points towards the next rank. Two, during rank up events, the way you respond to their questions will get you varying numbers of points. Three, both one and two get a boost if you have a Persona of that arcana equipped at the time you earn those points. The time in between meetings doesn't factor into it, though.

Top Bottom