• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Makio

I'm guessing... head of the school's board of directors?
If that's the case, all we need is to have her voiced by Carrie Keranen.

It would make sense with Makoto being school president and stuff...

B- but ... Carrie Keranen is my wishful Makoto VA.
(I Would be happy to have her in any character anyway).

Squire

Banned

Makio

Amanda C Miller is super underrated

It would lovely if she ends up voicing Ann , only for the Ann X Junko (Danganronpa) jokes hahaha.

About ladies VA the ones i would "kill" to have them (the ones i remember right now).

Cristina Vee , Carrie Keranen , Cristina Marie Cabanos and Kira Buckland , if any of them end up in the game i would be happy as hell.

Plus someone like Brianna Knickerbocker would be a great and fresh add to the cast that lady have potential (or i am playing FE Fates too much) but she deserve more videogames roles.

For some reason i think Cassandra Lee Morris is a given , like damn i would very surprised if she dont have a main role in Persona 5 or SMT Apocalypse.

(Same with Marisha Ray she gonna be "recast" for sure but i not put my money in that one).

Even if some of them don't make P5, they've still got the chance to show up in SMT4A beforehand, which is supposed to focus on the supporting cast more than usual, so it's like the next best thing! :)

Makio

they've still got the chance to show up in SMT4A beforehand

Hopefully they no put off a "Catherine" and "Soul Hackers" scenario and we end up with a 80% Persona VA cast in the main characters for that game which kinda happen in SMT IV before putting "Kanji" , "Marie" and "Akihiko" in main roles.

And for Persona 5

Like i say pages before i dont care if all the male secondary characters end up be voiced by Yuri Lowenthal and the females ones by Wendee Lee.

But give me "new blood" for the party members or at least actors they not already used in a Persona game.

And seeing how they cast new main characters in Persona Q and Dancing All Night using "unknown" talent for the series most of the cases im hopeful they can do it for again P5.

(E3 needs to end with this mystery for both games hahaha).

Nachos

I think the wait is killing me.

And running PC really can't be helping. Anticipation is a hunter unbeknownst to its prey.

Amanda C Miller is super underrated

That woman's range is absolutely ridiculous, lmao
She needs to be in more games, but at least she's cleaning up everywhere else. She's already signed to Atlas (no funny spellings), which is one of the biggest national agencies in the States, despite not being in the industry that long.

Makio

Do what I do.

Loop the trailer over and over until you're insane.

That shit dont end up well with me ... 8 months of looping the PV03. Now i listen the main theme of the trailer my brain repeat the characters lines over and over.

Same is happening with the PV04 already

(The dub is going to sound too out of the place to me thanks to that).

PD: All we already insane like Jintor says.

Technical question about Slinks in P3&4:

Do the points you earn towards a link go into a big pool or are they capped at each tier? I.E. if I'm already "going to become closer soon" but I do something that earns points outside of actually advancing the link (like the shrine in P3), are those points wasted or do they work towards the next tier +1? I have always wondered.

Squire

Banned
It would lovely if she ends up voicing Ann , only for the Ann X Junko (Danganronpa) jokes hahaha.

About ladies VA the ones i would "kill" to have them (the ones i remember right now).

Cristina Vee , Carrie Keranen , Cristina Marie Cabanos and Kira Buckland , if any of them end up in the game i would be happy as hell.

Plus someone like Brianna Knickerbocker would be a great and fresh add to the cast that lady have potential (or i am playing FE Fates too much) but she deserve more videogames roles.

For some reason i think Cassandra Lee Morris is a given , like damn i would very surprised if she dont have a main role in Persona 5 or SMT Apocalypse.

(Same with Marisha Ray she gonna be "recast" for sure but i not put my money in that one).

Ray was so dry as Margaret. No thank you. Especially not in any lead role.

Makio

Ray was so dry as Margaret. No thank you. Especially not in any lead role.

Trust me man , im have a hard time trying to buy Ray's Margaret but in the end i liked (not love it) but oh well i end up getting used to it and i totally see your point

And no i'm his biggest fan but is not like to hear something like this in Sakura , Haru or even Makoto / Ann sounds awful or out of place.

Not is i want her in the game , is like more i got a "feeling" she is going to coming back and end up getting one of the 4 "waifus" roles.

But im wrong 90% of the time so i hope i got this one wrong too XD

http://persona5.jp/character/

Website's been updated with the new characters and their Personas

I3H1AwB.png

Setsu00

Quickly skimming through Haru's profile page made me wonder whether we get to see her awakening as a Persona user.
When Morgana introduces the party to Haru's thief form, she seems to already have her Persona.

Jintor

Quickly skimming through Haru's profile page made me wonder whether we get to see her awakening as a Persona user.
When Morgana introduces the party to Haru's thief form, she seems to already have her Persona.

Moreover, I think her profile says "What could have caused her to awaken to her Persona?"

Squire

Banned
http://persona5.jp/character/

Website's been updated with the new characters and their Personas

Anything of note in those character blurbs.

I immediately got the impression Morgana knew her and that she had been at it for a while.

Finished P3FES off again. Forgot how cheesy the final leg gets here and there. It's pretty notable going from this to P4, and I don't just mean gameplay. Some of the writing and stuff definitely improved. Also, the overall tone of P4 helped mask it better for sure.

Still, mad props for the theme of the game and what they tried to do there. Still pretty bold. I levelled everyone to 99 this time for the hell of giving the final boss the stomping it deserves, so my playtime was like 120 hours. @_@ And then I landed the final blow via Armageddon, because fuck you,
Nyx
!

Game still has one of my favourite final boss themes.

Edit: Oh yeah, one other thing: it's going to be nice to play a Persona with higher quality cutscenes. The ones in P3 and 4 are so rough and unlike the look of the game that most of them take me right out of it.

And running PC really can't be helping. Anticipation is a hunter unbeknownst to its prey.

She needs to be in more games, but at least she's cleaning up everywhere else. She's already signed to Atlas (no funny spellings), which is one of the biggest national agencies in the States, despite not being in the industry that long.

Oh...

I guess that means Atlus can't use her? Or am I getting it mixed up with being union.

Mediking

I used the Cadenza item in Persona 3 Portable last night against a Tartarus boss and I managed to win. It felt freaking awesome. Lol I love the animation it does too. It shows 2 Persona and Minato closing his eyes.

daevious

Edit: Oh yeah, one other thing: it's going to be nice to play a Persona with higher quality cutscenes. The ones in P3 and 4 are so rough and unlike the look of the game that most of them take me right out of it.

I actually like some of the cutscenes in P3, mainly the ones that focus on Shadows because they do a really good job at selling how dangerous they are to normal people.

EDIT:

Didn't notice before but Makoto is 200% hips

Like damn

From the angle of her artwork, her hips look wider than her head. I can't tell if I like that or not.

I actually like some of the cutscenes in P3, mainly the ones that focus on Shadows because they do a really good job at selling how dangerous they are to normal people.

I was talking art quality, though. I like P3's opening cutscenes and Orpheus's awakening. Just any cutscene where it's zoomed out enough to see the cast standing there runs the risk of irritating me with how stick-like they draw the cast, like they're way too tall. Often off-model, too. It does not match the official art either, the art in the cutscenes is just not great quality.

I assumed it was PV4 but it might be something else, honestly. It's suggesting Pv4.

either way did they literally embed the video in the back

Top Bottom