• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

PK Gaming

Said this before, but if P5 comes out in the week of my birthday... hell, in the month of November, i'm buying someone another copy.

Maybe even 2 copies if I have the cash for it.

Nemesis is true and I think there was at least one other persona user in the series whose persona was the opposite of their gender, but it should be obvious why Naoto's personas were male.

Given Hashino's ambiguity regarding Morgana for whatever reason and what Morgana even is, I just don't think it's that straightforward.

Elly and Yuka I think? I'm not super well versed in P1.

Edit: Elly's Ultimate, Yuka's Ultimate and Brown's initial.

@E3 Discussion: I really want the thief crashing thing, even if it's not in english.

FluxWaveZ

@E3 Discussion: I really want the thief crashing thing, even if it's not in english.

Ha, can you imagine them "crashing" the Sony conference only to talk in Japanese the whole time? Obviously, this time, there's 0% chance that whatever they're doing here won't be in English. With the predominant audience for this being English, they wouldn't be able to get away with that.

Mediking

Ha, can you imagine them "crashing" the Sony conference only to talk in Japanes the whole time? Obviously, this time, there's 0% chance that whatever they're doing here won't be in English.With the predominant audience for their being English, they wouldn't be able to get away with that.

I'm not worried about the English VA for P5 at all. More worried about the sudden "PREORDER THE LIMITED EDITION NOW!!! LIMITED AMOUNTS OF IT ARE AVAILABLE SO BUY IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!" Hahha I'm more worried about that happening so I gotta be ready. Please don't be over $150.

I'm not worried about the English VA for P5 at all. More worried about the sudden "PREORDER THE LIMITED EDITION NOW!!! LIMITED AMOUNTS OF IT ARE AVAILABLE SO BUY IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!" Hahha I'm more worried about that happening so I gotta be ready. Please don't be over $150.

Pretty sure it's up to the publishers to announce prices on their own. Unless there's some console bundle I'm sure a few of you would snap up.

FluxWaveZ

Pretty sure it's up to the publishers to announce prices on their own. Unless there's some console bundle I'm sure a few of you would snap up.

I'm already importing the 20th Anniversary Edition, so easily.

Also got 2 PS3 version pre-orders from 2 years back. I'll probably have to do something with those.

You know what I've just realised?

No hat wearer in the group for the first time in a Persona game
(counting both P2 games as the same for the sake of this, shhhhhhh)

Mediking

Ohhhh... I was hoping a Collector's Edition would be announced for P5 at Sony's conference.

I'm already importing the 20th Anniversary Edition, so easily.

Also got 2 PS3 version pre-orders from 2 years back. I'll probably have to do something with those.

YOU'RE GETTING THE JAPANESE VERSION OF PERSONA 5?! WOW. *bows down* MUCH RESPECT.

You know what I've just realised?

No hat wearer in the group for the first time in a Persona game
(counting both P2 games as the same for the sake of this, shhhhhhh)

Haru wears a hat in her thief outfit.

And Futaba wears plenty of stuff out of hers.

I still think a trailer at the conference is far-fetched, but hey, that's just me.

Considering they bothered to announce something at E3 on a Japanese stream, I think it's a safe bet.

Lunar15

And Futaba wears plenty of stuff out of hers.

Considering they bothered to announce something at E3 on a Japanese stream, I think it's a safe bet.

Hmmm, I dunno. Why would they show a new trailer again so soon? I think there will be some cool P5 stuff at E3, but not necessarily at the press conference.

We'll see though!!

Hmmm, I dunno. Why would they show a new trailer again so soon? I think there will be some cool P5 stuff at E3, but not necessarily at the press conference.

We'll see though!!

My guesses: English versions of at least one old trailer, and then the actual reveal of Crow, which would be why the Japanese crowd should be watching.

DNAbro

After all this time and anticipating previous unveils that never happened, the prospect of Persona 5 actually having any real presence at an E3 press conference is amazing, regardless of the format.

I wouldn't really expect the pomp and circumstance of Atlus' independent reveal events at a formal venue like Sony's press conference, but just seeing a trailer there would be incredible.

I want the sirens to go off while either Shuhei or Boyes is on stage.

Olengie

Im prepared to spend that amount. Start saving dawg

FluxWaveZ

I want the sirens to go off while either Shuhei or Boyes is on stage.

I imagine a conversation that went:

Sony: "We'd really like to showcase your game at the conference this time."
Atlus: "Well, we are finally reaching the end of P5's development..."
Sony: "So is that a yes?"
Atlus: "It's a maybe. We'll show our game off at your presser on one condition."
Sony: "*sigh* What's the condition?"
Atlus: "You'll find out."
Cue sirens and surprise stage invasion.

Jp collector's edition: $140 so hopefully less.

My wallet feels so light :/

Squire

Banned
Said this before, but if P5 comes out in the week of my birthday... hell, in the month of November, i'm buying someone another copy.

Let me thank you in advance.

Just kidding!

But seriously, thank you in advance.

I've already seen more than I usually see of games I intend to buy.
After that last trailer my curiosity has been satisfied to a point where I'm fine just waiting for the game.

MSMrRound

The Persona 5 E3 2016 promo, clearly targeted towards a Japanese audience.

Hmm...but if you say that it's clearly targeted towards a Japanese audience, what other info do you think they still need to know, coming from an event that's usually known for Western gaming news and such?

They already have a collector edition announced...and a solid release date as well.
The 9th party member maybe...or even a Persona 5 PS4 bundle...a bit more detailed look at the system aka social links maybe...but E3 doesn't feel like the proper place to dig nitty gritty into SL stuff though...

Still feels like the mention of E3 during the 0505 Tokyo Tower stream was more like a "hold tight to your pants English fans! We haven't forgotten about you! More news coming your way soon!" shoutout to us.

Honestly wasn't expecting that, since there WAS a period where all of us felt like we were severely deprived of news about P5...

Logash

Hmm...but if you say that it's clearly targeted towards a Japanese audience, what other info do you think they still need to know, coming from an event that's usually known for Western gaming news and such?

They already have a collector edition announced...and a solid release date as well.
The 9th party member maybe...or even a Persona 5 PS4 bundle...a bit more detailed look at the system aka social links maybe...but E3 doesn't feel like the proper place to dig nitty gritty into SL stuff though...

Still feels like the mention of E3 during the 0505 Tokyo Tower stream was more like a "hold tight to your pants English fans! We haven't forgotten about you! More news coming your way soon!" shoutout to us.

Honestly wasn't expecting that, since there WAS a period where all of us felt like we were severely deprived of news about P5...
Well I mean they can actually show uninterrupted gameplay and that'll be a pretty big deal but I still agree with you that it being at E3 means something for the western audience. I would be surprised if they haven't already begun translating the game and aren't ready to announce a western release date.

I suspect there will either be:

A new trailer, with US release date.

A subtitled (or possibly even dubbed version) of PV04, with US release date.

A subbed trailer seems unrealistic. If they're far enough along to be able to give a date, they should be able to have a dubbed trailer at the very least. Plus advertising it to the Japanese audience implies that there will be something new for them. And I don't really see a reused, subbed trailer being shown on a major stage at E3 either.

Plus subbed versions of old trailers aren't really something that Atlus USA typically seems to do anyway.

Logash

A dubbed version of PV4 with a western release date would be awesome and add some new show floor gameplay for the Japanese audience and I think it would satisfy both.

I was just wondering if the trailer we'd get would be just a dubbed version of one of the previous trailers.
Then I realized, "why would they announce something for E3 in Japan if they were just going to show something old in a foreign language?"
New trailer hoype?

Logash

I was just wondering if the trailer we'd get would be just a dubbed version of one of the previous trailers.
Then I realized, "why would they announce something for E3 in Japan if they were just going to show something old in a foreign language?"
New trailer hoype?

Maybe. I mean I think them showing gameplay on the show floor is enough. I personally think a trailer so soon after the last one is kind of redundant for the Japanese audience. They can even show how Social Links work since we haven't seen anything like that. There is a bunch of gameplay related things that I think are more important and make more sense than another trailer so soon.

Guess Who

Banned
If Atlus pre-announces a big E3 appearance and then shows up with neither a US release date nor English footage they are dumber than I ever imagined possible.

At least one, if not both, of those things will be there, or else it's pointless.

Yeah, there will be a new trailer in English with new footage and more NA release details, and the new footage will reveal "Crow" too. I think that's a safe expectation.

I likely can't get it (shipping could be a problem for several reasons) but holy shit that's an amazing gesture, much respect.

A subbed trailer seems unrealistic. If they're far enough along to be able to give a date, they should be able to have a dubbed trailer at the very least. Plus advertising it to the Japanese audience implies that there will be something new for them. And I don't really see a reused, subbed trailer being shown on a major stage at E3 either.

Plus subbed versions of old trailers aren't really something that Atlus USA typically seems to do anyway.

Yeah, I meant dubbed, not subbed.

I should replay Soul Hackers.

Logash

Was thinking of getting two copies myself. One digital and one physical Collector's Edition (fingers crossed). Am I crazy for thinking of doing this? I just want to play the game as soon as it's available but I can't resist physical goodies.

Squire

Banned
Gameplay is coming.
Dub is coming.
There is no other way.

While I think the new trailer theme is my favorite song revealed so far, I can't get over how great the beat is in this track from the countdown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtBEpuTgTMg&list=PLAL9SwtY26S0awdn6P3q_4iOGZMBYkUV0&index=8

I love how this song sounds so much like Persona music while also sounding completely different. Everyone praises Meguro's guitar and piano work, but I think percussion is where his music really gets catchy.

Yeah, this one stood out for me, too. Really captures what the series music sounds like at this point, but uniquely for P5 at the same time. The acid jazz inspiration is really paying off.

daevious

If Atlus pre-announces a big E3 appearance and then shows up with neither a US release date nor English footage they are dumber than I ever imagined possible.

At least one, if not both, of those things will be there, or else it's pointless.

It's not outside the realm of possibility for Atlus to be that dumb, but I'm going to believe that they're sane enough to show English footage at the very least.

I'm only expecting english footage for now. I can't see them doing much else since we've only gotten the announcement trailer and PV#01 outside of Japan so cfar.

DNAbro

Was thinking of getting two copies myself. One digital and one physical Collector's Edition (fingers crossed). Am I crazy for thinking of doing this? I just want to play the game as soon as it's available but I can't resist physical goodies.

Pretty much what I'm planning to do

Mediking

Imagine this at E3...... Persona 5's logo flickers on screen. We see the usual setting of Joker and Ann in a classroom. The teacher asks Joker, "When will Persona 5 release for other countries beside Japan?" Ann turns to Joker to hear his answer. Joker smiles and boldly picks, "The same as Japan. WORLDWIDE RELEASE. LET'S DO THIS." Internet meltdown and people screaming tears of hype and GAF crashes.

BELIEVE!

Top Bottom