• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

NichM

Banned
I am the one arguing why it wouldn't be that farfetched.

The reason why it's farfetched is ultimately that P5, like P4 and Catherine before it, is Katsura Hashino's baby, and Hashino probably had very little direct involvement with any of the Compilation of P4 spinoff scenarios. You can rule it out for the same reason you can rule out direct appearances from any of the P1/P2 cast: those aren't Hashino's characters. Sho's story might continue at some point, in some game, but I highly doubt it'll be one with Hashino at the helm.

So did P4AU add the shadow characters as playable and add the shadow character battles to the p4a dlc story? I've been using a vanilla p4a guide for the p4a dlc and no where did it mention a shadow yukiko fight and yet I just had one.

So did P4AU add the shadow characters as playable and add the shadow character battles to the p4a dlc story? I've been using a vanilla p4a guide for the p4a dlc and no where did it mention a shadow yukiko fight and yet I just had one.

If you're talking about the mirror matches towards the end of some of the stories, they were always in there.

Yup, I didn't like how the story was practically made to fool you into thinking it was about
reviving P3 protag

Why did Tartarus reappear, but this time at Yasogami High?
Just cuz
Why did the dark hour reappear?
Just cuz
Why was Sho wearing a Yasogami High uniform?
Just cuz
Oh man, thanks for them unblocked spoilers. Totally wasn't planning on playing p4au story mode.

Playing P4A's story mode has made me realize not just how much I missed the P4 cast but the P3 cast as well. When I got legit excited when Fuuka showed up during Mitsuru's campaign it made me want to go back and replay both p3 and p4.

So in a not spoiler way whats so bad about P4AU's story? P4A's story isn't mind blowing amazing but its still good enough to emulate the feeling of both p3 and p4 and the writing for all the character interactions and growg are on point.

Playing P4A's story mode has made me realize not just how much I missed the P4 cast but the P3 cast as well. When I got legit excited when Fuuka showed up during Mitsuru's campaign it made me want to go back and replay both p3 and p4.

So in a not spoiler way whats so bad about P4AU's story? P4A's story isn't mind blowing amazing but its still good enough to emulate the feeling of both p3 and p4 and the writing for all the character interactions and growg are on point.

Hamfisted message (BONDSBONDSBONDSBONDSBONDSBONDSBONDS). Lame villains. Disingenuous leads that lead to unfulfilled hype.
The fact that the best characters are the previous games' villains. The fact that the best campaign is one you now have to pay for and only features three fights.

Am I missing something?

I hope a cool tease for a Persona thing happens next week.

I hope a cool Persona thing happens in the near future.

Same here. Been wanting one for a while :<

Also, am i really the only one who generally enjoyed P4A and P4AU's story?

Hey now, I liked Arena's (minus Akihiko's, but that's something else entirely) and two characters from Ultimax.

They just weren't the characters Atlus was pushing for me to like, it seems.
Even Alpha-Male Yu Narukami is not immune to bad writing.

Xenoflare

Hey now, I liked Arena's (minus Akihiko's, but that's something else entirely) and two characters from Ultimax.

They just weren't the characters Atlus was pushing for me to like, it seems.
Even Alpha-Male Yu Narukami is not immune to bad writing.

The only thing I remembered in Arena was Yu saying "HOW CAN YOU CALL NANAKO CHAN IN SUCH OF AN INTIMATE WAY" or something to Yosuke, lost my shit laughing the first time I saw it.

The only thing I remembered in Arena was Yu saying "HOW CAN YOU CALL NANAKO CHAN IN SUCH OF AN INTIMATE WAY" or something to Yosuke, lost my shit laughing the first time I saw it.

Ah yes, that. My personal faves were
"Yoyoyo! How's it hangin' Nao-doll?"
and
"Did you know Yosuke likes you? Even more than that dead girl!"

Though the real prize goes to S!Lab's
"STOP IGNORING ME, BITCH!"

Makio

Announcement of Persona 5's delay into 2016, pushed back for the newly teased Persona 4 delivering with AiKa.

Fixed.

154599.jpg

MSMrRound

Do we know if Sony is going to have a pre-TGS event again this year

They will usually host a pre-TGS conference to share some info of the latest games coming out/new announcements etc.

Last year saw Sony's conference opening with Danganronpa Another Episode, first footage of Falcom's new Ys title, Senran Kagura Estival Versus among a few other things.

Of course, one of the most memorable moment was when head of SCEJA revealed that a certain PS3 game will be getting a PS4 version of it...

*Image credit to Pan*. The PGAF IRC meltdown was glorious.

...along with the world's first look at a protagonist which most of us quickly dubbed "Harry Potter".

I thought Sony can't top it, then the next trailer opened up and teased what seemed like a mainline Dragon Quest on PS4....which turned out to be Dragon Quest Heroes...turned out we are really getting a mainline Dragon Quest on PS4 but still...

Still, if the Western E3 conference can achieve the legendary
-The Last Guardian
-FF7 remake
-Shenmue 3 kickstarter,

Here's what I personally would like to see to rank Sony's pre-TGS conference at the same level of this year's Sony E3 conference.

1. Persona 5 info obviously (release date, new trailer showing snippets e.g social links/co-operation, show mentioned during conference with full opening shown on stage floor when the show starts)

2. Danganronpa 3

3. PS4/Vita Valkyria Chronicles (either HD remaster or sequel)

4. Gravity Rush 2

Any other stuff would be a nice surprise.

Oh! Still waiting for whatever that AtlusXVanillaware collaboration project is going to be (no it's not Odin Sphere remaster. It's something else stated to be revealed in September).

Can definitely say there's a sense of anticipation for TGS. I thought last year's conference was pretty good. Showed they were seriously about getting more to buy the PS4. Hopefully this year's maintain the level if not exceed it somewhat.

Nice to meet you all, I'm new here. Registered a few months ago, and my account finally got approved today.

I'm a huge Persona fan; it's one of my favorite video game series ever. I've played pretty much all of them except P3 Vanilla. If I had to choose between P3 and P4, I'd have to say P4, but only by a very slim margin. Seriously can't wait for Persona 5!

Nice to meet you all, I'm new here. Registered a few months ago, and my account finally got approved today.

I'm a huge Persona fan; it's one of my favorite video game series ever. I've played pretty much all of them except P3 Vanilla. If I had to choose between P3 and P4, I'd have to say P4, but only by a very slim margin. Seriously can't wait for Persona 5!

Welcome to PersonaGAF.
Questionnaires are soon to follow.

Hey!

#InHardinWeTrust or #TeamChaos?

Sophia

Welcome. Who is your favorite character and why is it [not] Aigis? :p

I've decided this means that Persona 5 is coming out on Monday.

I've decided that it means a trailer for the next episode of Stalker Club, or at least something on that level of excitement.

At least we have the Super Live CD/DVD coming out, been looking forward to that.

Welcome. Who is your favorite character and why is it [not] Aigis? :p

Thank you!

If I had to choose an overall favorite character, it would probably be Yosuke. I actually really like his social link and find him to be the most 'human' character, even though he can be a huge asshole sometimes. He actually made me laugh a few times on my first playthrough of P4. Aigis is my favorite P3 girl though!

My favorite overall P3 character is Ken, followed by Shinji (thanks to PQ) please don't ban me.

Here's what I personally would like to see to rank Sony's pre-TGS conference at the same level of this year's Sony E3 conference.

1. Persona 5 info obviously (release date, new trailer showing snippets e.g social links/co-operation, show mentioned during conference with full opening shown on stage floor when the show starts)

2. Danganronpa 3

3. PS4/Vita Valkyria Chronicles (either HD remaster or sequel)

4. Gravity Rush 2

Any other stuff would be a nice surprise.

Oh! Still waiting for whatever that AtlusXVanillaware collaboration project is going to be (no it's not Odin Sphere remaster. It's something else stated to be revealed in September).

For me it'd be:

1. Persona 5 info obviously

2. PS4/Vita Valkyria Chronicles (either HD remaster or sequel or reboot)

3. Gravity Rush 2 (+Gravity Rush 1 Remaster PS4)

4. Vanillaware x Atlus collab.

Why can't it be tomorrow!?

Andrefpvs

If I had to choose an overall favorite character, it would probably be Yosuke. I actually really like his social link and find him to be the most 'human' character, even though he can be a huge asshole sometimes. He actually made me laugh a few times on my first playthrough of P4. [/SPOILER]

I like you!

Nimby

Banned
1. Persona 5
2. fightan games
3. racean games
4. roleplayan games

There's a lot to be excited for at TGS this year. This gets said every year, but this will be the best TGS we've had in a looooong time.

Hamfisted message (BONDSBONDSBONDSBONDSBONDSBONDSBONDS). Lame villains. Disingenuous leads that lead to unfulfilled hype.
The fact that the best characters are the previous games' villains. The fact that the best campaign is one you now have to pay for and only features three fights.

Am I missing something?

I hope a cool Persona thing happens in the near future.

I already paid for all the major P4AU dlc (dlc characters, P4A story mode) the only stuff I'm missing is the various other match announcers and color packs neither of which I really want.

Top Bottom