• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Shengar

yeah goofy slice of life is what I want out of a HYPOTHETICAL PERSONA 4 ANIME because as we all know there were no animes
If we're talking about Persona SoL might as well done them in Yotsubato! style.
I need more Nanako&! ;_;

Makio

Velvet Room scenes are all the more awkward because Makoto hasn't interacted with Elizabeth at all, and Elizabeth hasn't exhibited -any- of her personality from the game. It's just kinda weird.

The producers of the movie are focus to ship Makoto X Aigis so hard... the others girls get suck into that motherfucking black hole of shipping.

Yukari : Great interaction with Makoto , in the first movie , in the second in the scenes when they can grow his relationship... AIGIS out of nowhere cockblocking Yukari completely. Even in battles when i dont remember Yukari doing anything , meanwhile Aigis practically beat that tank
with orgia mode

Mitsuru : She dont interact with the guy at all in both movies. If they aiming to do like the game when you can date her
in November
great but i dont see that happening.

Fuuka : Great dialogues in the first movies , and basically a key scene beetween the two ... second movie she is only there... in the background.

And Elizabeth like you already pointed out.

Im not talking just about shipping and romance shit , seriously Makoto after Aigis is introduced she is the only who interact with him at all (a couple scenes with Ken) ...

If they planning
a The Answer movie
in the future i can see why Aigis is the central point of everything , but for that they need the others too... specially Yukari.

I dunno, I really remember liking the moment in the Shadow Yosuke fight where Yu socks Yosuke in the face as Izanagi socks Shadow Yosuke in the face. I'm gonna start watching it again to see if it's any good, but I wouldn't be surprised if the fights don't hold up. The Aigis vs Tank fight was really good in Midsummer Knight.

I liked the symbolism.
Yu punched Yosuke to get him to snap out and realize that there's worse than admitting your darkest secrets, which also translated to Izanagi beating the crap out of Yosuke's Shadow to suppress Yosuke's emotions running wild in time to talk some sense into him
. Or that's how i interpreted it, it may have come off differently to everyone else. And yes, i fucking loved
Aigis' Orgia mode fight scene
in Midsummer Knight

Velvet Room scenes are all the more awkward because Makoto hasn't interacted with Elizabeth at all, and Elizabeth hasn't exhibited -any- of her personality from the game. It's just kinda weird.

For a 60 hour game, condensing all the scenes into ~12 hour series of movies is gonna be hard. Not only are all the story events in there, but they also have to go through the fight scenes, and they even expand on the events in different ways. If each movie were longer, or if there were more, i'd criticize the pacing more, but with such short time it's hard to criticize it too badly.

Although it would have been nice if i had a way to get my parents to experience it with me to get them to understand why i love Persona 3 so much. They still see it as nothing more than a favorite game, when it means much, much more to me

Random thoughts on P4 The Animation since that's been discussed in the last few pages:

It was...okay, mostly, I guess? At least, for the first few episodes. After Yukiko's arc, though, there was drama within the production studio and it definitely affected the quality of the programme. For anyone who's interested in P4 at all, I vehemently recommend the game as that's the superior experience, and how the narrative should be experienced.

The Animation's two biggest crimes for me are how it handled Kanji and Naoto's arcs.
Turning Kanji's rescue/shadow fight into one big ecchi joke was very off-putting and the handling of his character dilemma just felt like such a disservice. Naoto's felt like it was similarly glossed over without delving into the crux of the problem like the game did. Big disappointments.

So when are we generally thinking we'll get out next tidbit/piece of news regarding P5?

Will it be at TGS? Before?
After? (Oh god please no.)

Meia

The producers of the movie are focus to ship Makoto X Aigis so hard... the others girls get suck into that motherfucking black hole of shipping.

Yukari : Great interaction with Makoto , in the first movie , in the second in the scenes when they can grow his relationship... AIGIS out of nowhere cockblocking Yukari completely. Even in battles when i dont remember Yukari doing anything , meanwhile Aigis practically beat that tank
with orgia mode

Mitsuru : She dont interact with the guy at all in both movies. If they aiming to do like the game when you can date her
in November
great but i dont see that happening.

Fuuka : Great dialogues in the first movies , and basically a key scene beetween the two ... second movie she is only there... in the background.

And Elizabeth like you already pointed out.

Im not talking just about shipping and romance shit , seriously Makoto after Aigis is introduced she is the only who interact with him at all (a couple scenes with Ken) ...

If they planning
a The Answer movie
in the future i can see why Aigis is the central point of everything , but for that they need the others too... specially Yukari.

It's also very possible that they're trying to give as much setup to Aigis as possible, especially if they do a movie about the Answer.

I wasn't really a fan of the 2nd movie that much though, so I'd agree there. There were a lot of things they kind of did poorly when it comes to the characters I think, at least in relation to the first that you pointed out.

Sophia

It's also very possible that they're trying to give as much setup to Aigis as possible, especially if they do a movie about the Answer.

I wasn't really a fan of the 2nd movie that much though, so I'd agree there. There were a lot of things they kind of did poorly when it comes to the characters I think, at least in relation to the first that you pointed out.

A lot of it just has to do with how the source material is. Of course, they focus a bit more on the new characters as far as original content goes. But Fuuka and Mitsuru didn't have much character development here in the game either.

That being said, I don't like the romance focus on Aigis one bit. I much preferred Yukari as the love interest.

Makio

It's honestly impossible it would be after.

Only possible if is going to be released in 2016 of course , but i believe.

-------
And about Aigis i dont care if it is the main romance option of the movie or not , only is kinda sad how they flesh out all the other characters just because they had give us that ship. It feels almost like in Golden Animation when the investigation team became a background just because they are too busy shipping Marie X Yu ....

And if the reviews of the third movie are true , the thing is not getting better since is basically
Aigis scene , Ryoji scene continue like this until the end

Hope the 4th movie give some character grow , because in the end if not going to be like in the game , because Makoto only interact with Aigis.

FluxWaveZ

It's not really news, but Arc System Works' managing director Minoru Kidooka essentially confirms that there's no "P4U3" currently in development (Famitsu):
— I think BlazBlue and Guilty Gear have a lot of staff devoted to their development. How does this fit into developing another company's game?

Kidooka: Depending on the title, there are games that can be developed in small teams. However, when it comes to making a fighting game like "P4U," because of its systems, it's impossible to simultaneously develop three fighting games. Maintaining quality control as a director can be tough that way.
Relevant because of BlazBlue: Central Fiction and Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator. Could also mean no P4U2 2.0 physical release for consoles in development.

Am I the only one really hoping that Sony teams up with Atlus to make a Persona 5 PS4 Bundle with a Special Edition Console? (Likely Deep Red or similar color scheme?)

I mean, if they did it for Batman, they can do it for the biggest JRPG of the year, right? (Especially considering the P5 Gameplay trailer hit 1 million views in 24 hours and 2 million shortly after.)

Makio

BTW do we have an date for P4D in the states?

September 29th..

same day i can change this avatar finally hahaha

I seriously expect to have some P5 characters in the possible Persona Arena 3. (If they plan to do it).

I expect more a
P3 remake like Golden or Persona 3 Dancing All Night

Rock94

Neo Member
September 29th..

I expect more a

Well...
next year is the 10th anniversary for the Japanese release of Persona 3. You never know, but it is quite possible they can do something for Persona 3.

Well...
next year is the 10th anniversary for the Japanese release of Persona 3. You never know, but it is quite possible they can do something for Persona 3.

I'm hoping for something like Persona 3 Platinum for Vita. A version of P3P with all the original features of FES like the Answer added back in, and 3D environments instead of flat images and a cursor.

Also,
it would finally make FeMC canon.
I can dream.

It may be a "guilty pleasure", seeing that I enjoyed the romance parts of Aigis' social link, i really enjoyed them in P3 Movie 2 so far.

Young Magus

September 29th..

same day i can change this avatar finally hahaha

I seriously expect to have some P5 characters in the possible Persona Arena 3. (If they plan to do it).

I expect more a

Yay!!!!!

And holy shit I need to check out the third film. Has there been news about the fourth film yet?

daevious

As much as i like what they're doing with Aigis...i hope it's setting things up for The Answer and not entirely pointless

To be fair, Aigis in the original game has a serious problem with her sudden shift from being almost completely irrelevant to being the second most important character to the main plot, beaten only the main character. They kinda had to do something about that, but I'll admit that pushing Yukari aside isn't the best way to solve that problem.

To be fair, Aigis in the original game has a serious problem with her sudden shift from being almost completely irrelevant to being the second most important character to the main plot, beaten only the main character. They kinda had to do something about that, but I'll admit that pushing Yukari aside isn't the best way to solve that problem.

I don't think it's forced at all, considering her backstory.
She was made to kill Death, failed, and instead had to seal it within the MC. She later wakes up and doesn't remember any of it, but a subconscious part of her is telling her to protect the MC. You later find out it's because of her guilt.
. She seems justified to be such an important character in terms of the plot

A lot of it just has to do with how the source material is. Of course, they focus a bit more on the new characters as far as original content goes. But Fuuka and Mitsuru didn't have much character development here in the game either.

That being said, I don't like the romance focus on Aigis one bit. I much preferred Yukari as the love interest.

The hamfisted focus on Aigis as a love interest in any of the media only distracts from a potentially engaging character.

Meia

The hamfisted focus on Aigis as a love interest in any of the media only distracts from a potentially engaging character.

This is a problem with like all of the female social links of Persona 3. Persona 4 was a little better about this, especially since the game bothered having non-romantic scenes as it was an actual option with the game. :p

Even if you didn't want to look at the social link systems effecting character focus, Aigis and Yukari were the only two that ever really had any kind of weight in terms of a relationship to the MC, as they're tied to story sequences. It's just odd how they really knee-capped Yukari's beach scene in the second movie, but that could also be that they didn't want to have Makoto change THAT MUCH as a character after the first one. He's a little more warm in the second, but still not nearly there, so maybe the beach scene wouldn't have made sense.

CorvoSol

I like Aigis as a love interest, but I like it because it helps to further add to her frustrations at not being human in her social link. Her "I MUST SEW OUR HIPS TOGETHER" stuff isn't maybe that great, but Aigis's confession of frustration at seeing young lovers on the rooftop and knowing she'll never be able to -feel- what they do is easily one of the best Social Links in 3. It plays into the whole "Aigis is a kid and doesn't understand this teenage stuff," but also caters to my love of the exploration of human-robot relations in the broadest sense.

Like, a teenage girl robot suffering because she can't experience organic sensations almost sounds like something I'd read in an Asimov book, so I'm down for it.

but who cares about which girl wins since P3 is a game about husbandos anyway

VegiHam

I like Aigis as a love interest, but I like it because it helps to further add to her frustrations at not being human in her social link. Her "I MUST SEW OUR HIPS TOGETHER" stuff isn't maybe that great, but Aigis's confession of frustration at seeing young lovers on the rooftop and knowing she'll never be able to -feel- what they do is easily one of the best Social Links in 3. It plays into the whole "Aigis is a kid and doesn't understand this teenage stuff," but also caters to my love of the exploration of human-robot relations in the broadest sense.

Like, a teenage girl robot suffering because she can't experience organic sensations almost sounds like something I'd read in an Asimov book, so I'm down for it.

but who cares about which girl wins since P3 is a game about husbandos anyway

This is my favourite thing about Aigis, I think. This whole angle on her character. I love that they keep it for FeMC, and throw in 'also I'm not a dude' just to make Aigis even sadder.

P3 has like 2 good husbandos. Ken is too creepy to be fun and Ryoji doesn't make sense. Just comes out of nowhere like 'yo date me' and you do.

damnit atlus acknowledge femc damn you

theo exists but no femc? you're the worst atlus

iirc, they did give her as an example for the poll, it's just that nobody voted for her. So you can't blame Atlus for that one.

edit: assuming you're talking about the P-colours thing ofc.

FluxWaveZ

Those who suggested a Sho color for Marie are genius. That's perfect.

Translation of the Persona Channel post with the P4D contest details and the P Color Set 2 list.

The best is Ixquic. Never thought I'd be able to see her name officially recognized again... guess other fans also know what's up.
JX5VoZO.jpg
Edit: Oh wait, she was a P4AU color, wasn't she? Well, that's two, then!

Meia

iirc, they did give her as an example for the poll, it's just that nobody voted for her. So you can't blame Atlus for that one.

edit: assuming you're talking about the P-colours thing ofc.

Of course we can blame Atlus for it, they're the ones that pretty much ignored any and all existence of her after 2009. Spin-off territory is like tailor made to something like her, and nada.

Hell, I'll go one better by blaming the P3P presentation to begin with. Doubt the game NEEDED the male side option, which would have freed up some room on the game...

SmoughLaughs

Neo Member
I'd love to see FeMC dancing
I'd love to see Elizabeth dancing
I'd love to see Yukari dancing

But most importantly I would die to see Doge breakdancing

Still don't think we should blame them I mean, do we even have a means to send our opinions to them? I don't think they know we love FeMC so much

FluxWaveZ

Still don't think we should blame them I mean, do we even have a means to send our opinions to them? I don't think they know we love FeMC so much

All colors in P Color Selection Set 2 were taken from fan suggestions.

The reality is, it's a vocal minority. People don't care about her as much as others want to think.

Raggie

This is my favourite thing about Aigis, I think. This whole angle on her character. I love that they keep it for FeMC, and throw in 'also I'm not a dude' just to make Aigis even sadder.

Huh, I never knew that, Which leads me to this question: which social links for the FeMC are romantic ones?

I pretty much always want to play a Persona game, but now I've become so obsessed that I think it's time to crack open my copy of P3P. I don't even own a PS4 so it's not like I'm going to play P5 anytime soon anyway. Maybe P3P will get this monkey off my back until I get my hands on P5.

daevious

I don't think it's forced at all, considering her backstory.
She was made to kill Death, failed, and instead had to seal it within the MC. She later wakes up and doesn't remember any of it, but a subconscious part of her is telling her to protect the MC. You later find out it's because of her guilt.
. She seems justified to be such an important character in terms of the plot

My problem isn't with her backstory justifying her importance, I thinks it's incredibly well done and it makes her one of the better P3 characters. My gripe is that the plot doesn't treat her as being important until November/December drops, and then when it does the sudden shift in prioritising her comes off like there was a revision to the script and there wasn't enough time to make events lead into it better. If she was going to be central to the plot I think that Atlus would have emphasised her importance earlier on.

VegiHam

Huh, I never knew that, Which leads me to this question: which social links for the FeMC are romantic ones?

I pretty much always want to play a Persona game, but now I've become so obsessed that I think it's time to crack open my copy of P3P. I don't even own a PS4 so it's not like I'm going to play P5 anytime soon anyway. Maybe P3P will get this monkey off my back until I get my hands on P5.

Spoilered just in case
Aigis is basically the same as if you're a guy. But she also gets Akihiko, Shinjiro, Ken and Ryoji.

Of the last four, the first two are excellent additions to the game.

I'd love to see FeMC dancing
I'd love to see Elizabeth dancing
I'd love to see Yukari dancing

But most importantly I would die to see Doge breakdancing

I'm of the mind they're holding out on these characters because they want to put them all in an eventual Persona 3: Dancing All Night.

Seriously? Sounds awkward as hell. I think I'll skip that s.link.

Haha, yeah it's weird. But know that the female route in 3 is more like 4 where you have to pick certain dialogue options for a link to become romantic instead of it just happening like in the male route, so you can do Ken's link without dating him

Lunar15

FeMC is so good that I wish we'd say MC and MaleMC instead. She's so much better than the other guy that she should be the default when we're talking about P3 MC's.

You can tell the team's writing improved through the process of making P4. They've steadily been adding more personality to their protagonists. Even the movie version of Makoto benefitted from this.

VegiHam

Seriously? Sounds awkward as hell. I think I'll skip that s.link.
Her romances are optional, so there's a totally normal, healthy version where you can turn him down and still max the link for your Personas.
I remember going through Akihiko's and genuinely enjoying it
When I played, I'd just been flirting with him when Shinji showed up and I needed to max that link. So I flirted with him, hooked up with his best friend then went back to him after my boyfriend was put in a coma. Then I cheated on him with Ryoji. I was a terrible girlfriend but I feel like it kinda added something to the 'I'm dying soon anyway' narrative.

Shengar

I forget how Ken S.Link is, but I guess he acts like a confused little brother. In the end I think FeMC is better suited to be his sister tha lover
can't let Shinjiro dies
I think I will do Persona 3: FES first, and then P3P some other day.
And the FeMC design in P3P doesn't appeal to me.
Shaking head and walk away.gif

Top Bottom