• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Jintor

they both look good (even if FemC's hair is RIDICULOUSLY difficult to draw), but FemC is just so genki girl and it's really refreshing to be a genki girl as an MC instead of the more standard Makoto/Minato or Yu

Lunar15

Btw, do the MC in Persona 3 have a name like the P4 MC eventually got?

The movie gave the P3MC the name Makoto Yuki. This is his "canon" name, now. Much like with "Shouji" in the manga, Minato got thrown out like yesterday's trash. Not sure why people cling to those when it's pretty clear who Atlus themselves have gone with.

Meanwhile, with FeMC, you gotta be canon to get canon, lol.

Btw, do the MC in Persona 3 have a name like the P4 MC eventually got?

Minato Arisato in the manga, Makoto Yuki in the most recent movie, both get used.

There's also a bunch of other names for both the female and male lead from various other sources but nobody uses them, kinda like Soji Seta for P4MC

Hey everybody

I just started playing Persona 4 Golden a couple days ago and it's my first Persona game of any kind. I'm really enjoying it so far. I saw P4D will be out in September so I'll probably pick that up as well. Once Persona 5 gets a firm release date I'll pre-order it.

My wallet hates me now though

Skii

The movie gave the P3MC the name Makoto Yuki. This is his "canon" name, now. Much like with "Shouji" in the manga, Minato got thrown out like yesterday's trash. Not sure why people cling to those when it's pretty clear who Atlus themselves have gone with.

How can you keep him relevant in future games when he's died?

Hey everybody

I just started playing Persona 4 Golden a couple days ago and it's my first Persona game of any kind. I'm really enjoying it so far. I saw P4D will be out in September so I'll probably pick that up as well. Once Persona 5 gets a firm release date I'll pre-order it.

My wallet hates me now though

But you'll live a happier, fuller life where you experience Persona. That is far more important than stupid things like money and food to live on.

How can you keep him relevant in future games when he's died?

But you'll live a happier, fuller life where you experience Persona. That is far more important than stupid things like money and food to live on.

lol...true

With P4D what are the different pre-order incentives? I saw Gamestop has a poster and Amazon has Teddie stickers...are there more than that? The special edition comes with DLC but I dunno if there's other DLC I might miss somewhere.

FluxWaveZ

lol...true

With P4D what are the different pre-order incentives? I saw Gamestop has a poster and Amazon has Teddie stickers...are there more than that? The special edition comes with DLC but I dunno if there's other DLC I might miss somewhere.

Amazon is stickers while GameStop is a poster.

Sorry, I meant that what you listed is all of the specific pre-order material we know of right now.

ahh...alright, thanks for the response

I'll probably get it from Gamestop. I have enough points with them for a $25 off coupon so I'll pre-order the special edition next time I go there.

Raggie

I can find the P4 anime from Amazon, but not the P3 movies. Where have you people watched them? Or do you know Japanese?

Jachaos

I really love the design of the MC of Persona 3 though! :)
Just not the female.

I still think you should go FeMC when you do P3P because of how much new things it'll bring. When you've gone through FES with the MaleMC I think it's worth it to do FeMC.

Forget the visual design: even if it doesn't appeal to you, the dialogue changes a lot, the options change a lot - the feel of the whole game changes a lot. You've got male party members S. Links which you don't have with the MaleMC, you've got different school, town and battle music, etc.

FluxWaveZ

So that latest Kazuhisa Wada blog post about the upcoming P4D DLC states that one of the new characters (the guy) comes with a "Hardboiled Detective mask" for Yu Narukami, which is the same name for Yu's Dojima outfit.

So there, now you have playable Dojima and I don't have to hear that suggestion ever again.

Pachimari

I went ahead with P3P instead, and I love the atmosphere and character and story so far. Really cool, just like P4G which I haven't completed and lost 10 hours of play of.

And the FeMC design in P3P doesn't appeal to me.

Madridista, I am disappoint.
I'm just going to assume you're drunk.

I went ahead with P3P instead, and I love the atmosphere and character and story so far. Really cool, just like P4G which I haven't completed and lost 10 hours of play of.

Should've gone with FES for first playthrough.
How many times does this debate happen on average in a Persona OT btw? I'm guessing at least 50.

thatjesushair

Neo Member
I don't know if I actually want P4D... Rhythm games never pull me in, but I'm always looking for an excuse to pull my Vita out on the way to and from work.

Either way I know I'll be grabbing that CD.

I don't know if I actually want P4D... Rhythm games never pull me in, but I'm always looking for an excuse to pull my Vita out on the way to and from work.

I'm not the best at rhythm games, but P4DAN is a ton of fun and wholly suitable for the pickup and play nature of the Vita. Game looks fantastic, music is just flat-out awesome and it's really loads of fun overall.

If you just want the soundtracks, you can import them from Japan, but I'll definitely say that the context for them in the game is quite fun.

thatjesushair

Neo Member
I'm not the best at rhythm games, but P4DAN is a ton of fun and wholly suitable for the pickup and play nature of the Vita. Game looks fantastic, music is just flat-out awesome and it's really loads of fun overall.

If you just want the soundtracks, you can import them from Japan, but I'll definitely say that the context for them in the game is quite fun.

Yeah, as a massive Persona fan I shouldn't try and kid myself into thinking I wont get it. I especially have to pick it up since it has the best girl:
Adachi

Yeah, as a massive Persona fan I shouldn't try and kid myself into thinking I wont get it. I especially have to pick it up since it has the best girl:
Adachi

If your best girl is in, they really should add Dojima as DLC.

C'mon Atlus, you know you want to add him! It'd be the best thing ever if you did!

So that latest Kazuhisa Wada blog post about the upcoming P4D DLC states that one of the new characters (the guy) comes with a "Hardboiled Detective mask" for Yu Narukami, which is the same name for Yu's Dojima outfit.

So there, now you have playable Dojima and I don't have to hear that suggestion ever again.

If your best girl is in, they really should add Dojima as DLC.

C'mon Atlus, you know you want to add him! It'd be the best thing ever if you did!

6 hours, it was a good run.

Shengar

FemC Appreciation Community Thread
I'm fine with this.
This kind of lowblow should be bannable offense, smh

P4DAN goes from "meh, not interested" to "will buy" when I see the video. Not only it looks fun, the graphic and character models looks pretty too.

You knew it was coming, so no point in denying it. 😜

If anything though, I actually like that we do have a few adult characters that are playable in the P4 spin-off games. It's oddly refreshing.

Haha, yup!

I'm happy to hear all of the positive play impressions from people who imported P4D. Makes me really excited to get my hands on my English copy.

Haha, yup!

I'm happy to hear all of the positive play impressions from people who imported P4D. Makes me really excited to get my hands on my English copy.

Heh, but seriously, P4DAN is tons of fun even if you're not into rhythm games. The music alone is totally worth the price of admission tbh.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I forget how Ken S.Link is, but I guess he acts like a confused little brother. In the end I think FeMC is better suited to be his sister tha lover
can't let Shinjiro dies

That and he still pulls that "I'm too old for this kids stuff" garbage trope.

So I found an interesting theory on /r/megaten on who the Villain/Enemy Persona could be in P5 and thought I'd share here.

So I happened to stumble upon another French crime fiction character from the same era as Arsène Lupin made by Marcel Allain and Pierre Souvestre: his name is Fantômas.
I believe that this character might make an appearance in P5 along with Arsène, either as an evolved form of Arsène or as an antagonist to the MC and his friends.
You see, according to the Wikipedia page, Fantômas was introduced a few years after Arsène Lupin and whereas Lupin draws the line at murder, Fantômas has no such qualms and is shown as a sociopath who enjoys killing in a sadistic fashion.
Furthermore:
He is totally ruthless, gives no mercy, and is loyal to none, not even his own children. He is a master of disguise, always appearing under an assumed identity, often that of a person whom he has murdered. Fantômas makes use of bizarre and improbable techniques in his crimes, such as plague-infested rats, giant snakes, and rooms that fill with sand.
I think this would set up a great villain for the plot of P5, maybe Arsène happens to be Fantômas in disguise (hence the reason why he looks like a devil). I mean just look at how he is depicted in the film; I would love to see Atlus' interpretation of him

What do people think?

artsi

The grind is finally done and my body is now ready for Persona 5.

s4j5Xsg.jpg

I'm still missing one trophy for Catherine (since 2011) but I just don't want to do that Babel final stage.

Anything that is from Reddit should be taken with a grain of salt, double that if it's obvious fan headcannoning

You do understand what the word 'theory' means, right? Plus, just because something isn't official canon, doesn't mean it can't be interesting and worthy of discussion.

The grind is finally done and my body is now ready for Persona 5.

s4j5Xsg.jpg

I'm still missing one trophy for Catherine (since 2011) but I just don't want to do that Babel final stage.

Congrats! I'm currently working my way through Catherine after playing it at Evo. Dont know how long it'll take me or even if I'll Platinum it, but it's fun either way!

Top Bottom