• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Marie felt like more of a one-note trope to me than an actual character. The way they put her in the story was pretty contrived too. My least favorite addition in Golden tbh

Maybe that's the thing. You see her as an addition.
Since I never played P4 on the PS2, I don't see her as an addition but an integral part of the game.
I like everything about her (slink, story arc, personality, even her dungeon!) and have trouble understanding the reasons given from ppl that don't.
But they usually are players that played the original P4.
So maybe that has something to do with it.

I just went and youtubed that to watch it again since you brought it up, so good.

Right? It get's me every single time for some reason.

Girl of the Hollow Forest is also one of my favorite tracks from the game so that helps.

JCX

Since I never played P4 on the PS2, I don't see her as an addition but an integral part of the game.
I like everything about her (slink, story arc, personality, even her dungeon!) and have trouble understanding the reasons given from ppl that don't.

Right? It get's me every single time for some reason.

Girl of the Hollow Forest is also one of my favorite tracks from the game so that helps.

I only played P4G and didn't like Marie's story. Amnesia stories are so tired, especially when her arc is basically the same as
Teddie's, just more boring
. I also hated
spending limited time in December maxing her social link so I could get the true ending rather than improving the social links of my party members.

and shes just so cute
CIpE7hJ.png

I only played P4G and didn't like Marie's story. Amnesia stories are so tired, especially when her arc is basically the same as
. I also hated
spending limited time in December maxing her social link so I could get the true ending rather than improving the social links of my party members.

My aeon slink was maxed before december I believe. Also despite the similar background I think her slink was more interesting than
teddie's

Which slink did you enjoy?

I started P4 with P4G and still didn't like her.

Lessening the coherence of Persona 3's story... Loving Marie...

This thread.

I understand people liking Marie (even though i don't like her). I don't understand people saying P3's story wasn't meaningful

Sophia

Lessening the coherence of Persona 3's story... Loving Marie...

This thread.

Don't worry Flux! I will always be by your side in this argument! (Or at least I will be until you start arguing against Aigis or dare follow in one of my stupid ideas again!)

Elly is fucking incredible and her personas are cooler than everybody else's and she's a better character and has a better awakening and ending and final boss fight and social link and jpop ED and stats and design aesthetic and motif than the rest of all filthy plebs.

#EllySona

Corvo... Corvo my friend.... Elizabeth has nothing on the *REAL* Elly, who is like bestest Persona 1/2 character and second best character overall~! :|

Sophia

I recently got the idea that Elizabeth was intended to be a next-gen Elly. Thoughts?

I could potentially believe it, but not being a party member and not being as awesome as the real Elly kind of makes Elizabeth second place. Even if she is the best Velvet Room attendant.

NichM

Banned
Elly is fucking incredible and her personas are cooler than everybody else's and she's a better character and has a better awakening and ending and final boss fight and social link and jpop ED and stats and design aesthetic and motif than the rest of all filthy plebs.

> The CorvoSol Social Link has reached max rank! You will now defend CorvoSol's correct opinions to the death.
Assuming you meant the real Elly, that is.

Sophia

Eh to be honest Margaret was kind of boring in her original appearence in Persona 4. Or maybe I just hate stupid "Create <Persona X> with <Situationally Useful Skill Y>" type requests. :\

> The CorvoSol Social Link has reached max rank! You will now defend CorvoSol's correct opinions to the death.
Assuming you meant the real Elly, that is.

In retrospect I'm now confused as to which person Corvo was talking about, seeing as he said "social link" and "jpop ED" so... This thread has done a fantastic job of continuously confusing me. :D

She's the best P1 character, yes, but don't forget that Katsuya exists.

Katsuya is pretty good, but he's still not as good as Elly.
Katsuya would probably make an excellent husband without all the baggage tho, so there's that!

JCX

My aeon slink was maxed before december I believe. Also despite the similar background I think her slink was more interesting than
teddie's

Which slink did you enjoy?

I didn't really care about the S.Links' story as much as I cared about leveling up my party's S.Links so I could get better abilities in battle. On my first playthrough, I only maxed Yosuke, Teddie, Marie, Yukiko, and Chie. P4G was my first persona, so I didn't realize how important these links were until after I was pretty deep into it.

From what I saw, I did enjoy Kanji, Dojima and Nanako.

This reminds me. Fast-forward scenes needs to be in P5 and pretty much all RPGs.

Why restrict it to a second playthrough? There's nothing to lose if it's just added as an option, I won't use it myself though.

Fair enough. I just figured it would discourage people skipping important scenes on their first playthrough, though ShadowSoldier89 also brings up a valid point with reloading old saves.

JCX

Do you think it would be a bad idea if it was restricted to NG+?

Nope, I play RPGs for battle system first, music second, and story third. In P4G I FF'd through
the ski trip and the carnival where each class has a booth
. Don't feel like I missed anything crucial.

If someone missed out on something, they can reload a save, read/watch a summary online, or they could even add a rewind feature.

Does anyone know how P3's Hermit link goes in the Japanese version? I'm wondering what the third player in Devil Busters Online was called, or if there was one at all. Innocent Sin Online had Phil.

Does anyone actually know what was up with Saori's S.link? I think I had a good grasp on it, a girl dealing with the fact that she can never say "no" to people but at the end she suddenly started talking about how she loved her uncle or something, it always confused me.

PK Gaming

#EllySona

Too-bright.gif

yes, I reloaded my save like 8 times at different sections to see all the reactions to things like christmas eve and valentine's day. Fast forward to get through the parts I hadn't seen was a godsend

Oh god, please. I just couldn't watch MC reject all the ladies but one in Valentine's day more than once. I felt like a died a little bit inside that day. :(

Nope, I play RPGs for battle system first, music second, and story third. In P4G I FF'd through
the ski trip and the carnival where each class has a booth
. Don't feel like I missed anything crucial.

If someone missed out on something, they can reload a save, read/watch a summary online, or they could even add a rewind feature.

Dude our priorities are like complete oposite. Story first. Gameplay/Battle-System second. Music third. Tho Good music is key as well I can live without it.

Weiss

Banned
Does anyone actually know what was up with Saori's S.link? I think I had a good grasp on it, a girl dealing with the fact that she can never say "no" to people but at the end she suddenly started talking about how she loved her uncle or something, it always confused me.

They banged.

Y'know, I find the main story advantage P4 has over P3 is the ability to NOT sex up every woman in your party while dealing with their personal issues...
yea...I wish I hadn't. It woulda been much better if I didnt, but I had figured might as well see them all since I didnt think Id be willing to do multiple playthroughs. Then valentine's day rolls around and is like "This is what you get asshole". And the game was right...I was an asshole. Should have stuck with 1
plus Marie

What if they made a definite version of persona 3 but it was male protagonist only?
then it wouldnt be definitive and I wouldnt even bother

(Entire Saori social link spoilers)
Saori wasn't sticking up for herself and letting people walk all over her, getting into bad situations she had no part of, letting people badmouth her, and get her in trouble when she's actually innocent (the "edited" picture to make it look like Saori was partying when she wasn't supposed to and was suspended for it. In turn her parents were going to send her to a private school for her "bad behavior"). You stick to her side and make sure she understands she can't let people control her. Wiki also states at the end she sends a letter saying the actual reason her parents sent her to a private school was because they were blaming her for a serious incident

All in all, Saori was a great social link that i really enjoyed

What if they made a definite version of persona 3 but it was male protagonist only?

male protagonist only

It wouldn't be a definitive version then :/

Interesting choice to include the non-party member social links on the cover and not, say, Mitsuru and Akihiko .

But I guess that's because all of these are characters are in the same year at school as Minato if I'm not mistaken.

Akihiko is obviously that pair of legs at the top. He's just shy.

Xenoflare

. I also hated

I actually never
triggered her S.link on my first playthrough, and it's my first time playing P4G (without playing P4) and I didn't really care much

I even specifically chose to not rescue her because I liked the vanilla Never More better than the one in the Golden epilogue

I don't hate Marie, but I guess my actions would suggest otherwise.

cj_iwakura

I could potentially believe it, but not being a party member and not being as awesome as the real Elly kind of makes Elizabeth second place. Even if she is the best Velvet Room attendant.

Elly is great and all, and I love occultists, but she's no Lizzie. Also, uh, I'll be reviewing P4Dan for Bemanistyle. :D Please be excite/understand/etc.

Fou-Lu

I think I am going to play Persona 2 before the fifth game comes out. I tried to get through the first game, but I just got bored of the combat, is the second game improved in that aspect? Even if it's not from what I've heard the story is a huge leap so I'll probably be able to suck it up.

cj_iwakura

I think I am going to play Persona 2 before the fifth game comes out. I tried to get through the first game, but I just got bored of the combat, is the second game improved in that aspect? Even if it's not from what I've heard the story is a huge leap so I'll probably be able to suck it up.

It's the same basic system, but negotiations have more to them, and they change perspective so it isn't always fixed.

So I'm thinking about picking up Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Should I bother with the previous game's story or could I just watch it on Youtube and be fine? I'm mainly picking it up to have another fighter to play, and I'd thought I would ask you lovely people. :)

cj_iwakura

So I'm thinking about picking up Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Should I bother with the previous game's story or could I just watch it on Youtube and be fine? I'm mainly picking it up to have another fighter to play, and I'd thought I would ask you lovely people. :)

The original has a better story(sadly), but it's a lot more of a slog. The game itself is great, though. Neither of the stories are anything to write home about, but they have moments.

Top Bottom