• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Shit.

This is all the SCEJA conference's fault for happening so late. Alright... most people who voted on Poll #010 were wrong. The 33 voters (35%) who voted "yes" were right, the 62 (65%) who voted "no" were wrong.

Yay, my thoughtless optimism paid off!

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=716bdbfc509383bfd48158fc3cc2bf06&oe=5661E7EE

Seems Genei Ibun Roku #FE is gonna be released in December 26th.

Odd to have a Rei costume but hey, it looks pretty good.

What's the third costume supposed to be, FE related?

FluxWaveZ

I really though "Winter 2015" was going to transform into 2016 for #FE. Really skirting that line, heh.

The dates concerning Persona 5 and #FE are gonna be an interesting thing.

FluxWaveZ

Persona 5 and #FE both on the 26th or a week beforehand.

The 26th is a Saturday, so that isn't happening for P5.

Didn't edit it but I am more or less predicting a release within a week of each other.

P5 not happen on 31st so I'm saying 17th or time between that and the release of #FE.

It's a really weird situation. If Nintendo releases this game near Persona 5, I can't see it not having adverse effects on #FE.

FluxWaveZ

Oh yeah, we did get Atlus All-Stars after all!
iS9IZmZ.jpg
It was #FE this whole time.

Very easy. You can even do it in your first playthrough (although I wouldn't do it without a guide in that case) and still have some free days left in the end.

Hmm alright, I won't stress about it too much then.

Just gotta make sure I get Hardcore Risette Fan this time around and it's smooth sailing.

Shun

I don't know people said the same thing about the release of Smash Bros and Pokemon simultaneously and with the different user bases and different console bases, both games sold well as if there was no issue.

Nintendo has done their own thing for a while and they'd be confident enough in their product to launch it concurrently.

I honestly have no idea where else P5 will release. Last week of November at the earliest. An announcement next week with ~8 weeks to advertise and promote and what not makes it a very cramped situation.

It's weirder because most Persona games have sold in the Summer with Ultimax being the exception.

As the resident FE buff, it doesn't really resemble anything out of the games.

No Demifiend costume makes me sad. :(

I guess it's just an original design, thought it could've been something Awakening related as that is the only FE game I haven't played yet.

Being an original design makes some sense I guess, it fits with the frilly, extravagant artstyle of FExSMT.

Squire

Banned
November for JP, December for the US is my bet. I was also think a simultaneous release for December was a possibility, but I think this #FE announcement makes that unlikely.

It's the day after Christmas though. P5 could release in both territories towards the top of December.

I don't know people said the same thing about the release of Smash Bros and Pokemon simultaneously and with the different user bases and different console bases, both games sold well as if there was no issue.

Nintendo has done their own thing for a while and they'd be confident enough in their product to launch it concurrently.

I honestly have no idea where else P5 will release. Last week of November at the earliest. An announcement next week with ~8 weeks to advertise and promote and what not makes it a very cramped situation.

It's weirder because most Persona games have sold in the Summer with Ultimax being the exception.

Promotion and marketing doesn't stop at launch though. Especially with a game like Persona. All Atlus USA really does is the usual YT clips/trailers and their newsletter. It's word of mouth that really carries these games and of course that comes from people playing them.

P4G made it to 700k because it was the Vita game to own, that's what everyone would tell you (and probably still would) and it did (and still does) go on sale quite often.

I'd argue the ~8 weeks pre-launch are actually the least important. The enthusiast crowd knows. They're chomping at the bit. What's really important is what follows. The reviews (because casuals browse IGN and Kotaku, even if you don't) and the general word of mouth.

And streams wrt the PS4 port. That'll sell a few copies to the generation of Twitch Tweens, too.

i cannot see both p5 and FE coming the same month; one is a new IP, the other a long-awaited sequel and both share some similarities on the surface (people usualy think FE is closer to persona than SMT at first glance)...I don't think it would be good for FE sales. My guess is P5 is late november, at least 1 month away from FE, with 2 months promotion before release.

Setsu00

Ah, haven't played any EO game, weird that they picked that one as it isn't an SMT game.

Are there really no FE related extras?

It possibly has something to do with the fact that all of these characters originate from DS or 3DS games. That would at least explain why they would pick Rei over one of the more popular characters.

kiyoaki

An(zu)'s portrait looks cool.
What are those pictures that are cut off at the bottom? Morgana's face and the Atlus logo I'm guessing?

I don't think the white box is for the Atlus logo. Might be the Persona Channel logo, but even then it doesn't seem to quite line up

72qgboq.jpg

Shit.

This is all the SCEJA conference's fault for happening so late. Alright... most people who voted on Poll #010 were wrong. The 33 voters (35%) who voted "yes" were right, the 62 (65%) who voted "no" were wrong.

Horray, I guessed right. I wasn't even being serious with that second post.

Lunar15

Wonder why Soejima lessened the shit-eating grin on protag's face?

EDIT: It's actually just a completely different drawing.

Speaking of is there anything in the interviews that hints at where the actual dungeon crawling will take place?

Is there some weird reality like Tartarus or the Midnight Channel or are demons just straight up appearing in the real world again?

Theodoricos

Hey if that means we get Yukiko in the game too, I'm all for it. :)

Heh, I agree. Maybe a trip in the Shadow Amagi Inn is in order!

Speaking of is there anything in the interviews that hints at where the actual dungeon crawling will take place?

Is there some weird reality like Tartarus or the Midnight Channel or are demons just straight up appearing in the real world again?

Last I heard, I think there's no other dimension in Persona 5 this time around. I could be wrong about that though. But it seems like we'll be doing the dungeon crawling at night.

Weiss

Banned

Given that the protagonists need to wear costumes, it's pretty likely going to be all set in the real world like Persona 2.

It looks to me like a distorted version of the real world, since we have
other humans turning into demons/personas and train drivers being influenced by something.
. It could still be something like the Midnight Hour though, where it's still slightly detached from the normal world.

Top Bottom