• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

"The Velvet Box" is a p. good idea. Totally* impossible, but a good idea.

I wonder if Valve could sue...

(*99.999995% impossible)

Dumb-and-Dumber-chance.gif

Meia

So at best, we're NINE months away from Persona 5's JAPANESE release.

At worst, almost a full year from JPN release.

P5's development is literally the game version of "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed."

In any case, I'm done, that extra delay has killed all the excitement I had for this game.

I more disappointed by this than I thought I would be.

I guess I wasn't really expecting this, especially after some recent confirmations we got (iirc).

QuadOpto

Just so everyone knows, they showed an amazing, long, completely new trailer that showed off ALOT of new amazing stuff.

....But yeah. Summer 2016.

We are ruined.

Despair has won.

#HardinLied.*

*Know it probably has come as a complete surprise to him as well.

...It looks so amazing though....

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Wouldn't it be embarassing if a member of Atlus staff bet on this? Oh, wait a minute...

Guess I'll be posting the punishment avatars to this thread when I get home from work. Kenji, feel free to put yours on whenever.

DNAbro

jesus fucking christ that isn't what i wanted to wake up to. fucking SUMMMER. 2015 my fucking ass. I almost feel bad for Atlus USA cause there was no way that was going to make it.

Looks like some of youse guys are getting a new avatar to keep you warm on those cold, lonely, Perona 5-less nights.

i didn't want to be right

QuadOpto

Shit Hardin...I think you should hide out for a while. It seems even the most rational of fans have been pushed past the horizon right now...

The trailer was amazing...but that date suddenly turns the whole pot sour.;_;

I like sour things though.

Wouldn't it be embarassing if a member of Atlus staff bet on this? Oh, wait a minute...

Guess I'll be posting the punishment avatars to this thread when I get home from work. Kenji, feel free to put yours on whenever.

Man, who was that stupid guy who took on this bet....

Oh, maybe a late edit but we need to use these things for a month right?

Oh yeah, found it:
Going back a few posts, just wanted to clarify the avatar bet.

Flux stirred the waters and I said I was willing to bet that P5 wouldn't launch in NA during 2015, KenjiGlove took me up on it and other people joined in after first blood was drawn.

Believers win if P5 gets a NA release date on or before 31st December 2015, Team Ruin wins the bet when the inevitable delay is officially announced. Losing side has to wear a punishment avatar for a month after the date is confirmed.

Nothing has been decided on what losing avatars will be - people were posting some ideas a few pages back.

My contribution was Kenji in a dunce hat. If Team Ruin win I could make a bunch of Persona characters with dunce hats on, and people can take their pick as to which on they have to wear.

This is unacceptable. It really is. Goes to show how bush league this lying fraud is. How long before the fawning acceptance in this thread whiplashs like mad?

If you're acting super toxic and salty like this nobody is going to take you seriously, even if you're right.

Meia

This is unacceptable. It really is. Goes to show how bush league this lying fraud is. How long before the fawning acceptance in this thread whiplashs like mad?

Simmer. I'm upset, but I wouldn't go that far at all. I'd more believe it's Japan keeping the US branch in the dark, as per the usual. Only annoying thing is several telling it like it is for all these months while having others refute it.

Thinking an already long delayed game that's right around the corner is still a +year away is a kick in the junk though.

Man, who was that stupid guy who took on this bet....

If you're acting super toxic and salty like this nobody is going to take you seriously, even if you're right.

And yet I'm not salty. The trailer was good. The fact of the matter is, Hardin lied. Chances are, he knew since at least TGS. So, why not simply sit down and not say anything? Yet here we are, his big mouth pretty much said "P5 will be a 2015 game" and that isn't the case. All of this could have been avoided if he simply never said those guarantees and said "Wait for further info." There, ambigious enough that it denies cupability.

DNAbro

Simmer. I'm upset, but I wouldn't go that far at all. I'd more believe it's Japan keeping the US branch in the dark, as per the usual. Only annoying thing is telling it like it is for all these months while having others refute it.

Thinking an already long delayed game that's right around the corner is still a +year away is a kick in the junk though.

The people in the U.S branch has to have known. I mean they are localizing it for christ sakes. I get that they weren't allowed to say anything but then still don't be incredibly adamant that it's 2015. Silence and ignoring questions would have been better.

also a note i wonder how accurate this post was before it was edited.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1082168&highlight=

I'd more believe it's Japan keeping the US branch in the dark, as per the usual.
I wouldn't think that's correct, seeing how Atlus USA has to localize the game.

Didn't Flux post 'proof' the game was slated for Q4 this year based on an earnings report? I'm guessing the delay was a late decision?

daevious

We probably should have guess that P5 was getting delayed once the release date for #FE was set for December.

Having two games release within the same date, even on different consoles, would have menat that one game was gling to end up losing potential sales and Atlus isn't a company big enough to afford to sabotage its own products.

Top Bottom