• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

But then, at the end of the TGS...
The Phantom enters the stage and steals the release date to let it release in 2015!!

Believe guys!!.... believe!...... b-believe........................

Did anyone see the blurry characters "U", "ME", "01" in "SUMMER 2016"? A hint?
Yeah, and also the chracters P4 from PS4 and P3 from PS3 are blurred out.

WHAT IS GOING ON?????

sinttulou8pt3.jpg
Think it means anything? It's a little odd.

Drop

But then, at the end of the TGS...
The Phantom enters the stage and steals the release date to let it release in 2015!!

Believe guys!!.... believe!...... b-believe........................

I'll start by saying that a 2016 release would be fine to me, but I really believe they're just trolling us.
They revealed the release date, the thing that everyone wanted, at the start of the stream, what do they have left? It just makes no sense to me. What you said though would make lots of sense imo. Also did we forget how Atlus likes to troll the viewers in the most unexpected ways during these streams?

In any case I'm seeing some really excessive reactions, calm down guys, a release in 2016 is not the end of the world, and it's nothing to be mad about.

Zyrox

So this is what true despair feels like huh. Not really feeling it :/
I guess that means I'm due for an avatar change. What's the "ruin" avatar?

Also, we need a title change.

yuuki

maybe they are trolling us again xD
But anyways i wonder what will be released on the stage.

Stage Title:

Steal back your 2015 Release Date XD

QuadOpto

WE MUST NOT LOSE HOPE!!

77-056-ronpa.png

...Now, I'm just gonna propose one thing here.

I know it would be bad, and possibly very foolish, to raise any sort of delusions right now.

But there's something that just irks me about all this.

Hardin, as we know, is the official PR for ATLUS USA.

He explicitly confirmed, at numerous junctions, that the game would definitely be coming out in America in 2015. Even Nich, who doesn't even work at ATLUS anymore, said it would and should.

Now, there is the pretty standard conception that Hardin was simply told to say 2015 whenever asked in interviews and the like. But, at numerous points, one's not brought up by interviewers or anything whatsoever, he would purposefully respond to things as it definitely coming in 2015, even in situations where he could just ignore or never have said anything at all.

Why would he be so sure of this? And yet, still be able to say something like Europe is still "too vague"?

Every expression he seems to have invokes an image of complete sincerity in his words. Either he honestly did not know or something is very, very fishy here.

ATLUS USA would at least need to have had the game by now to fully translate it even in a span of three months, which in itself is laughable considering how much localization work there would possibly be. How would Hardin be able to say 2015 with so much frequency and casualness if the office didn't even have the game in the time of three months?

Then...here's another thing.

Why would this be how they start out their show? While still saying there's something big to happen in the next two days.

Of course, there is the more plausible idea of minimizing the damage by ripping off this band-aid first, and hoping to garner fan attention back by fully giving a disclosure of information, especially with the subsequent Hashino interview...

But then, let's look at this on the Japan side. Why would they be so adamant on 2015 as well? If it was inevitable that it would take so much further in the future, why wouldn't they have confirmed this sooner rather than later? A fallout may have been less severe if they even just released PV#2 a few months ago with the new date of 2016, or any further listings as a TBA or Q4 2015.

...I still believe there is a tiny, small shimmer of Hope somewhere in these on-coming days.

So far, the game looks amazing. A full realization of Persona's sim-system potential.

I won't give up til the final countdown.

I will wear whatever avatar is arranged, until after the final event. If I'm truly wrong, I will continue to wear the avatar, or one even worse, until September 17, 2016, or later, if the english release date of Persona 5 takes even longer.

FluxWaveZ

Does Atlus intentionally troll their viewers with their streams though? Just thinking back at it most of the "trolling" comes from fans having too much expectations and feeling let down.

Yes, they intentionally troll their viewers and its obvious. The first of these on November 24, 2013 opened with the elderly reporter positioning herself intentionally to block the large screen showing trailers that was going on behind her, hinting at a secret document she was holding, and showing it to the camera dramatically to reveal that there was nothing inside it.

I don't know about straight up lies, but it's evident they know what they're doing with certain things. I do not think "Summer 2016" is a troll.

artsi

A lot going on; I'm busy updating Persona Central stuff.

And I am not one of the people who was on #TeamHardin or whatever for a reason, you know.

I was afraid either the hype or the delay announcement got you, lol.

I'm finally starting to calm my tits after the shock. Sucks but not the end of the world, at least the trailer was super dope.

DNAbro

Remember when we said that all the smaller games that Atlus USA was localizing had no impact on P5 localization? I realize that was more likely because P5 was so fucking far away.

Top Bottom