• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Lunar15

Man, I honestly couldn't even pay attention to the trailer because I was so distracted by learning about the delay.

At this point, I really just feel bad for everyone working on this game.

Sophia

I just want to say that sometime back I made a comment about how if it was delayed, it was probably delayed even for Japan. :p

Also excuse me if I don't believe anyone who thinks this was some sort of controlled marketing scheme ever again. >_>;

Lusankya

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/1...essage-about-the-games-development-and-delay/

Hashino says that at the moments, all the “parts” of Persona 5 have been assembled, and they’re currently tuning up the gameplay. In order to meet all the expectations from fans, the chief director and the others are focusing on making Persona 5 into a more complete game, so he asks if it’s okay to keep you guys waiting just a little longer.

As for the game’s development, he says that everything is going smoothly, so not to worry about that.

On the subject of the trailer that was shown at Tokyo Game Show 2015, the part Hashino wanted to share most with everyone is about the concept of “stealing hearts,” which is done by sneaking into one’s heart in phantom thief-like fashion, which will be a focus in the game’s story.

Since Persona 5 is being developed for a new console, Hashino didn’t want to hold anything back and just make a short game, so instead, they’re packing the game with all kinds of content, and it’ll be the most voluminous title the series has yet to see as far as gameplay and play time goes.

For the main cast, Atlus got help from very talented individuals, so Hashino says that you can expect great things out of everything, from event scenes,to battle sequences and dungeon play.

To end the video, Hashino asks if all of you enjoyed the recent trailer, which he believes had a lot to share. However, regarding the development delay of the game, he deeply apologizes to everyone that has been waiting in anticipation for so long. That said, he feels that in order to make the game into something more complete, and something that can provide players with a better experience, more time will be needed, so he asks if you can wait just a little longer.

More details including character profiles and other surprises for Persona 5 will be revealed at Tokyo Game Show in the following days.

I so want to see teh character profiles. Hopefully they include 2D artwork by Soejima.

I kinda can't believe the comment "everything is going smoothly" when the initial release date was winter 2014.

Summer 2016 is the second biggest disappointment after MGSV.

Setsu00

Unfortunately I read about the delay before I watched the trailer, so my heart was broken before the Phantom could take it.

In any case, that trailer was freaking awesome.

daevious

Absolutely. Makes me wonder if the development for PS3 is holding the game back, or they are running into snags on PS4.

Considering that this game has lived through two changes in management (Atlus being bought out by Index Holdings and then being bought by Sega) it's a miracle that it doesn't look like a disjointed mess frankly.

Sophia

And a good bit of it, at that. New trailer is a bit like what Rockstar does with theirs. You can tell there'll be a lot of stuff in the game.

Yeah. It's nice to see what the game actually plays like instead of the scraps and bits of footage we've had to guess at over the course of the previous trailers. What the overworld looks like, what the dungeons look like, the degree of how big the story and setting are, etc, etc.

I'm hyped now because they've shown stuff that matters most to me as a gamer. I don't even mind it was delayed because it'll stay on my mind until Summer 2016.

TimmiT

siecnvI.png

And I don't have tailored trends on

Considering that this game has lived through two changes in management (Atlus being bought out by Index Holdings and then being bought by Sega) it's a miracle that it doesn't look like a disjointed mess frankly.

I would not be surprised if it is, and Atlus is simply masking it.

This is looking too much like Test Drive Unlimited 2 for me, and that was a gong show much like this game is ATM.

wmlk

Anyway, from the trailer thread:

I don't this this'll catch on like PV01. That trailer had very little Japanese text and dialogue right at your face.

I hope we can get it dubbed or something. It's a pretty brilliant trailer although it's not universal.

I guess that's what I appreciated the most about PV01. You didn't have to know anything about the Persona games, it just sold to any stranger to the series almost immediately. I feel like this trailer is a weird step backwards, but I understand that this is selling to the Japanese audience first and foremost.

Theodoricos

Honestly, the more time they spend on the development of the game, the better. I've had it with rushed games lately that fail to live up to the expectations due to them being released earlier than they should've been.

Yeah, it sucks we won't be getting Persona 5 in 2015, but chances are that Persona 5 will be a better game for it.

daevious

I would not be surprised if it is, and Atlus is simply masking it.

This is looking too much like Test Drive Unlimited 2 for me, and that was a gong show much like this game is ATM.

I still have faith the game's going to be good, a delay is annoying and insisting on 2015 when it wasn't going to happen is a shitty move but I'm only interested in the final product, everything else marketing wise is simply window dressing to me.

I still have faith the game's going to be good, a delay is annoying and insisting on 2015 when it wasn't going to happen is a shitty move but I'm only interested in the final product, everything else marketing wise is simply window dressing to me.

Again, I could care less for the delay. The game obviously isn't ready, that's been obvious since PV #2. What gets me is the insistence that the game would be out in 2015 from Atlus USA.

Sophia

Again, I could care less for the delay. The game obviously isn't ready, that's been obvious since PV #2. What gets me is the insistence that the game would be out in 2015 from Atlus USA.

Shouldn't really bother you that much. Obviously it was pretty dumb for them to keep insisting it was 2015, but in retrospect it was kind of obvious that the Japanese release itself was going to be delayed. Also they probably were instructed specifically to say that.

PV03 is chock full of new things but its getting hugely overshadowed by the delay news.

Yeah I'm not sure saving the mention of a delay until TGS was a good thing, honestly. Should have said it long before TGS started so all the focus would be on PV3.

Squire

Banned
Yeah. It's nice to see what the game actually plays like instead of the scraps and bits of footage we've had to guess at over the course of the previous trailers. What the overworld looks like, what the dungeons look like, the degree of how big the story and setting are, etc, etc.

I'm hyped now because they've shown stuff that matters most to me as a gamer. I don't even mind it was delayed because it'll stay on my mind until Summer 2016.

"A good game can be delayed, a bad game is bad forever."

I feel the same. It looks good, it's stuff I've wanted to see for a year now, and it's delayed, but it really is OK.

It isn't even like there's a shortage of good games right now/in the near future.

FluxWaveZ

Best part: since the dungeons are themed around fiction, the deadly sins for dungeons theory is dead

I never really believed in that one; I still think they're relevant to the characters.

Also, it was obvious "Never Give In" boy was a painter from PV02, but I thought that it might mean he would be an enemy that the thieves went against and that some of their aims would be to steal paintings he made or affected. Now, it seems that paintings have a much more significant role than I thought; I bet the painter has something to do with them.

Yup. I compiled most of what was relevant (as well as some speculation on my part) in a stupidly long twitter thread.

You can read it here if you'd like

Also, despite my minor meltdown over the delay, after watching the trailer pretty much on repeat, I am so back in.

Of course, no one has jumped out. We are all still in, especially after PV03 which showed P5 to be the most ambitious title out of the series.......its just that they should not have kept telling us 2015 was still doable.

arue

I believed in 2015 all this time. :'(

On the bright side, Summer 2016 is going to be so good with Persona 5 and Zero Escape 3.

Good thing I didn't participate in the avatar bet.. because RIP.

Wooo another year to wait. Cool. Good. Great.

The dungeons still look cool (Actual Dungeon Design!), glad we're fighting demons, happy to see Jun and Tatsuya's son taking up the mantle of "antagonist that'll become a party member later on," etc, etc.

kiyoaki

Yup. I compiled most of what was relevant (as well as some speculation on my part) in a stupidly long twitter thread.

You can read it here if you'd like

Also, despite my minor meltdown over the delay, after watching the trailer pretty much on repeat, I am so back in.
Concerning your tweet about the dog icon on the mini map, that would be the Hachikô statue in front of Shibuya station. It's a tourist destination as well as a common meeting spot, so I think they might use it as a meet-up spot for social links.
The trailer looks has great visuals and is very busy, with lots of meaty chunks of information. I was really surprised at the variety in the dungeon design. Tone-wise, the game seems to strike a good balance between the goofier and the darker and more emotional elements in the series.

A shame about the delay. Looks like I might get a PS4 before Persona 5 is out after all.

Top Bottom