• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Lunar15

For some reason this stopped working for me after a while, and now youtube shows recommendations again despite history still being disabled.

kgcVCEG.gif

Man I'm considering cancelling my physical order and getting it digitally simply due to the fact that I have a meeting right after when my packages usually get delivered. I won't have nice steelbook or discount but I'm not sure if I care.
I have no idea how big mailboxes are around the world, but the steelbook should fit through right?

DNAbro

I have no idea how big mailboxes are around the world, but the steelbook should fit through right?

There is always a random chance in how I get shit delivered. Sometimes it goes to the front office of my apartment complex regardless of size of package. Other times they put into my mailbox. Other times they come directly to my door. It's weird.

Plus if I order digitally, I can play at midnight.

Mediking

Once the game came out in Japan, I cleared my youtube cache, deleted my history, and turned off history to ensure that recommendations wouldn't show up in my sidebar.

It's worked like a charm even though I occasionally go listen to a few songs here and there.

One of the recommended videos of Persona 5 that Youtube keeps trying to get me to click on is a Persona 5 song with over a million views.....

I got Persona 3 songs, Persona 4 songs and even Persona 4 Dancing songs all on my phone. Lol I'm positive I'm gonna have Persona 5 songs on my phone after I beat the game.

Persona 3's dorm music makes me cry and Persona 4's Your Affection is good that I just dance. Lol

!!!!! I don't remember the name of the song but Persona 4 has some crazy good catchy battle music. Ba, ba-da, ba-da-, baaaaaaaa,baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Lunar15

I contend that nothing will ever top P4's post-battle theme. It's easily the most compelling results screen music I've ever heard. So good I made it my wake-up alarm.

Sophia

There's one song on the soundtrack that I consider among the top three songs in the entire franchise. Those who have beaten the game know which one I'm talking about. >_>;

The whole soundtrack is really great tho. I love it. A lot of standout tracks, and the fusion of acid Jazz with Meguro's usual style is fantastic.

Mediking

I contend that nothing will ever top P4's post-battle theme. It's easily the most compelling results screen music I've ever heard. So good I made it my wake-up alarm.

There's one song on the soundtrack that I consider among the top three songs in the entire franchise. Those who have beaten the game know which one I'm talking about. >_>;

The whole soundtrack is really great tho. I love it. A lot of standout tracks, and the fusion of acid Jazz with Meguro's usual style is fantastic.

Let's not forget how good Naoto's theme is... :D

Edit: !!!!!!!!!!!! I meant the Heaven song!!!!

Lunar15

Of what I've heard, Keeper of Lust is an all-timer for me. It's a really good battle theme.

That song title is not a spoiler, for those worried.

Lunar15

Naoto's theme? From Arena? It's like the most generic track ever.

It's really good. Very pre-P3 Meguro.

The guitar is so sweet. Very Nocturne/DDS, like you mentioned.

I heard a brief clip of (Dungeon Spoiler)
the theme from the Pyramid Dungeon
but I had to stop listening because it was so incredible and I wanted to experience the full thing in game.

A lot of people talk about Rivers in the Desert, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Some people lament the lack of more vocal songs, but my favorite songs in the series are actually stuff like Mist, Unavoidable Battle, and The Almighty. This game brings the battle themes, so I'm pumped.

Dantis

The guitar is so sweet. Very Nocturne/DDS, like you mentioned.

I heard a brief clip of (Dungeon Spoiler)
the theme from the Pyramid Dungeon
but I had to stop listening because it was so incredible and I wanted to experience the full thing in game.

A lot of people talk about Rivers in the Desert, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Some people lament the lack of more vocal songs, but my favorite songs in the series are actually stuff like Mist, Unavoidable Battle, and The Almighty. This game brings the battle themes, so I'm pumped.

Rivers In The Desert is very good, but overrated. It would be a lot better if the vocals weren't unintelligable.

Lunar15

On one hand, I get that complaint, but on the other, I can't name too many vocal songs in the series that are completely intelligible.

I'll just have to hear it myself.

DNAbro

Will Power is probably my favorite battle song in the game.

Favorite overall is definitely that dungeon song mentioned above.

Sophia

Oh, Rivers in the Desert is the track I was talking about. I wasn't going to mention it by name, but oh well.

Easily sits as one of the strongest vocal songs in the entire franchise.

Rivers In The Desert is very good, but overrated. It would be a lot better if the vocals weren't unintelligable.

The vocals are fine. People correctly guessed almost all the words to Rivers in the Desert. Only a couple words were hard to make out due to her accent.

Mediking

It's like everybody and their Mom got the game early in the P5 OT and I'm just sitting here looking at Amazon and going... "If I don't get this by Tuesday....." ;_;

It's like everybody and their Mom got the game early in the P5 OT and I'm just sitting here looking at Amazon and going... "If I don't get this by Tuesday....." ;_;

Don't worry, there are still a few of us who are forced to wait for the actual release date. My order from Best Buy is at "Preparing" atm.

Yeah I feel you, still waiting for my Amazon to ship too. But I'm still trying to finish large chunks of Yakuza 0 side content, so a few more days is fine.

Lusankya

It's the same here. But the actual release date nicely aligns with the end of my business trip to the US, so I am totally fine.
Also took two weeks off because of this and eastern.

DNAbro

Went to the only place that might have been selling early around me and it ended up in failure.

Gaaaaaaah you lucky bastards

-chews on paper-

it said it was gonna ship yesterday and it didn't

maybe i'm close to a fufullment center

why did I get PQ early but not this T_T

Setsu00

I've spent almost my entire saturday refreshing my Amazon order. The last time I've been this excited about a game was FF13 back in 2010.

My order left the city with the distribution center, only to turn right around and go back to that same city. Which is on the other side of the country.

No time for negativity though! Let's positive thinking!

Setsu00

It's over.

Amazon didn't ship my copy today which means it won't arrive in time. That's what I get for preordering more than six months in advance.

Sophia

It's over.

Amazon didn't ship my copy today which means it won't arrive in time. That's what I get for preordering more than six months in advance.

That's kind of crappy. Especially when someone can just walk into a local Wal-Mart and pick their copy up the same day... : \

Setsu00

That's kind of crappy. Especially when someone can just walk into a local Wal-Mart and pick their copy up the same day... : \

Yeah, Amazon certainly lost a customer today if this doesn't get resolved by some sort of miracle. I had problems with my last three orders: One didn't arrive at all (it was meant as a birthday present, was ordered two weeks ahead of said birthday and still wasn't delivereD), one arrived late and P5 will most likely be late by at least one day.

DNAbro

It's over.

I'm planning on cancelling my order mainly because I want to order digitally and play at midnight on Tuesday but I'm used to my Amazon shipments not going out till the night before.

Sophia

Yeah, Amazon certainly lost a customer today if this doesn't get resolved by some sort of miracle. I had problems with my last three orders: One didn't arrive at all (it was meant as a birthday present, was ordered two weeks ahead of said birthday and still wasn't delivereD), one arrived late and P5 will most likely be late by at least one day.

Definitely contact support. There's no reason a pre-order months in advance should be delayed. You're paying for that shipping, after all.

I'm annoyed because I don't have the money to cancel my order- the only reason I can even get it is because I'm sitting on giftcard funds from christmas >.>;;

I'm even in one of the areas that broke street date >.<

Setsu00

Definitely contact support. There's no reason a pre-order months in advance should be delayed. You're paying for that shipping, after all.

I'm going to do that, yes. I already contacted them yesterday (it's already Sunday in Germany by now) about this and assured me that it would dispatched by the end of the day, but that didn't happen.

Top Bottom