• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Tunoku

47 hours until the game unlocks over here. These last couple of days have been especially hard, knowing that so many people seemingly got the game already.

I wonder if there's some stock issues, at least on Deep Silver's end.

Amazon UK has been sold out for a while, and I read something about South African stores only getting 20% of ordered stock.

Setsu00

I wonder if there's some stock issues, at least on Deep Silver's end.

Amazon UK has been sold out for a while, and I read something about South African stores only getting 20% of ordered stock.

I ordered the PS3 version and I know that most stores in my area won't even get the PS3 version (at least everyone I asked said they were only getting PS4 copies).

Someone please tell me that a corrupt publisher is one of the targets in P5.

Armaly

Had to update my card info since it expired in March. Order delivery date got switched to Thursday but managed to get it changed back in time.

Mediking

Amazon still hasn't shipped...

I AM a Amazon Prime member so maybe Amazon thinks they can ship it on Monday and it will arrive to my apartment on Tuesday???

I pre-ordered MONTHS ago. They said it was supposed to ship yesterday... and it didn't. Just what the heck is going on here?

Just a shame I didn't get the game early on Friday like almost everybody in the P5 OT has.

I wanna play! I wanna discuss P5 in detail too! I wanna change my Minato avatar to my favorite character from P5! C'mon, Amazon!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I dunno what's going on with my Amazon order either, lol.

Ordered a whiiiile ago, but then got a new card - put the #s in and told Amazon to bill that card...and then they email me in February to tell me the order was cancelled.

I reordered no (visible) problem for TYH, but now it says it's not shipping til Tuesday, lol.

Sent an email off, here's to hoping.

QuadOpto

That's kind of crappy. Especially when someone can just walk into a local Wal-Mart and pick their copy up the same day... : \

Seriously? I wish I had that Walmart...Retailers in Delaware are rigid with their release date stance, either that or they haven't even gotten the game shipped to them yet.

I think I'd actually double-dip (already got TYH edition pre-ordered) just to play over the weekend...>_>

Sophia

Seriously? I wish I had that Walmart...Retailers in Delaware are rigid with their release date stance, either that or they haven't even gotten the game shipped to them yet.

I think I'd actually double-dip (already got TYH edition pre-ordered) just to play over the weekend...>_>

I mean the day of release. Our Wal-Mart is pretty good about that, providing they get the game at all.

Olengie

My order got delayed to Thursday and Amazon is refusing to fix it.

They offered to extend my Prime for 1 month.

Total bs though. They say it's because my specific order apparently has a note saying to check for harmful substances.

Mediking

My order got delayed to Thursday and Amazon is refusing to fix it.

They offered to extend my Prime for 1 month.

Total bs though. They say it's because my specific order apparently has a note saying to check for harmful substances.

When did Amazon update your order to getting delayed? My order is still stubbornly saying that it's coming Tuesday even though it hasn't shipped.

Olengie

When did Amazon update your order to getting delayed? My order is still stubbornly saying that it's coming Tuesday even though it hasn't shipped.

It said coming Tuesday this morning.

I checked a few hours later and is now saying Thursday.

Sophia

Amazon was pretty good about getting Persona 4 Arena to me, as well as Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires... but I had hell with them regarding Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward. Eventually just pre-ordered under Square directly at the last second. Wasn't worth dealing with Amazon. >_>;

I'm kind of glad I'm not dealing with them for Persona 5.

Stuck on Catherine 4-2 Hard mode with one retry losing my mind.

Edit: like clawing at my face frustration. These puzzles are hard enough without the bosses after you.

Mediking

Not shipped for me, but still says Tuesday delivery.

I assume it's at a closer warehouse.

I'm in the same boat and I would normally agree with you but I think Amazon just hasn't updated that almost everyone's copies is getting delayed. There's just too many people I've seen on GAF that has been saying over and over that Amazon hasn't updated shipping and the deadline for shipping has passed. OR there has been people like Olengie who said earlier that Amazon finally updated that it's coming until later.

There is still a slim chance that we might all get the game shipped on Monday and we would all get it the very next day on Tuesday but I highly doubt it.

Amazon is usually very good to me and I love using them. But dang, man! OUT OF ALL THE GAMES AND RANDOM STUFF I'VE ORDERED FROM AMAZON AND RECEIVED ON TIME... WHY THEY GOTTA MESS UP PERSONA 5?!

I'm in the same boat and I would normally agree with you but I think Amazon just hasn't updated that almost everyone's copies is getting delayed. There's just too many people I've seen on GAF that has been saying over and over that Amazon hasn't updated shipping and the deadline for shipping has passed. OR there has been people like Olengie who said earlier that Amazon finally updated that it's coming until later.

There is still a slim chance that we might all get the game shipped on Monday and we would all get it the very next day on Tuesday but I highly doubt it.

Amazon is usually very good to me and I love using them. But dang, man! OUT OF ALL THE GAMES AND RANDOM STUFF I'VE ORDERED FROM AMAZON AND RECEIVED ON TIME... WHY THEY GOTTA MESS UP PERSONA 5?!

I hope you are wrong because mine hasn't shipped yet either.

I might need to start preparing for a situation where I buy the normal copy and trade it in the trade thread on GAF when the special edition comes.

Corginand

I ordered my PS3 copy from Amazon Mexico (seller is US Amazon) since priority shipping there is cheaper with Prime. No estimated shipping date but estimated delivery is between April 5th and 11th.

If they mess up and my order isn't being prepared/shipped by monday night, I'll cancel and go digital :/

For those of you that had your Amazon order delayed, have you reached out to customer service yet? A friend of mine said his order was expected to arrive on Friday but after he called they corrected it.

QuadOpto

I mean the day of release. Our Wal-Mart is pretty good about that, providing they get the game at all.

Ah, right. Resigning myself to April 4th then. Just wish it didn't have to come out on a weekday...

For some reason the closer it is, the longer and harsher the wait feels.

I feel for the people's whose Amazon orders are screwing up though...

For those of you that had your Amazon order delayed, have you reached out to customer service yet? A friend of mine said his order was expected to arrive on Friday but after he called they corrected it.

I think for most of us it hasn't been delayed yet, it just looks scary.

Davilmar

My P5 Premium Edition still hasn't shipped yet, and I live in Florida. After the whole fiasco with the Nintendo Switch and Breath of the Wild deliveries, I'm not sure whether I should renew my Prime account. Have been more and more dissatisfied with the deliveries from Amazon, but I also buy a fair amount of stuff from their site. Wish I could have ordered the game elsewhere.

Setsu00

It's now saying "Dispatching soon" and it's still scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. I also had three different people at Amazon vouch for the accuracy of that information. Maybe it's because I'm living relatively close to Deep Silver, but I really don't see how this is supposed to work out...

I also got a 5€ discount on my next order, but at this rate I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to order from them again unless it's absolutely necessary.

yuuki

It's now saying "Dispatching soon" and it's still scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. I also had three different people at Amazon vouch for the accuracy of that information. Maybe it's because I'm living relatively close to Deep Silver, but I really don't see how this is supposed to work out...

I also got a 5€ discount on my next order, but at this rate I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to order from them again unless it's absolutely necessary.

i guess you are german then?
If so then dont worry. Even if they send it tommorow it will be at you place by tuesday in 95% of all cases.

When something gets shipped before 18:00 clock it usally will arive the next day. OR thats how it always was the case with all my online orders.

Setsu00

i guess you are german then?
If so then dont worry. Even if they send it tommorow it will be at you place by tuesday in 95% of all cases.

When something gets shipped before 18:00 clock it usally will arive the next day. OR thats how it always was the case with all my online orders.

Yep, I'm German. I really hope that you're right, but usually it takes Amazon two days to deliver a package to me since I don't live in one of the bigger cities.

yuuki

Yep, I'm German. I really hope that you're right, but usually it takes Amazon two days to deliver a package to me since I don't live in one of the bigger cities.
neither do i. but i guess i am also fairly close to one of the bigger hubs. around 40 km away from the Halle/Leipzih Airpot Hub

Meia

So far, it looks like both my P5 LEs are arriving tomorrow, from Best Buy. So far, they seem pretty accurate about making sure the copies get there before release. I wish it was like the last two where I got it the weekend before, but I'll take it. :D

Fireblend

Banned
I just canceled my Amazon order and preordered it digitally, preloading it as I type this. I have no time for more of Amazon's bs (they did the same thing with my Switch preorder) and I really want to play it on Tuesday, and even if Amazon did deliver it on time I'd still have to wait for it to get forwarded here (I live in Costa Rica). Thank you all-digital future overlords.

Mediking

I just got the same update and I live in America.

Amazon is determined to say its shipping in ONE day....

Checked my bank account and Amazon is actually charging me for the order.

I highly doubt everyone lives by a dang warehouse. We're all gonna get screwed.

I have spent so much of the last few days checking my order page to see if Best Buy finally shipped my TYH edition that I actually had a dream that it did.

It still hasn't

Malrend

The store that I usually pre-order from has a tendency to send items the day before release.
Based on what I'm hearing in here, it seems that I need to cross my fingers, that I'll have shipping confirmation in my inbox when I get back home tomorrow.

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member
whats this i hear about yusuke falling off lategame?
im in haru's dungeon atm and she cant earn a place in my team since makoto/ryuji/yusuke just wrecks everything

when does he fall off?

DodgeDusk

I'm getting anxious about my Take Your Heart pre-order, too. Just says "pending". C'mon, base, you've never let me down before.

I am playing through hard mode on Catherine just to unlock the stages so I can go for gold later. Holy shit this is infuriating. This is my favorite game of all time and I don't think I'll attempt the platinum because this is ridiculous even with YouTube videos.

I'm getting anxious about my Take Your Heart pre-order, too. Just says "pending". C'mon, base, you've never let me down before.

Apparently Amazon doesn't update orders on Sunday if that helps.

Edit: well maybe not according to below. GAF lied to me again.

DodgeDusk

Apparently Amazon doesn't update orders on Sunday if that helps.

Edit: well maybe not according to below. GAF lied to me again.
I pre-ordered mine for base.com. Last game I remember pre-ordering from them was Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, and I got that 2 days early. I'd be chuffed if I got the TYH edition on release day, but I doubt that's going to happen now.

Top Bottom