• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

yuuki

So i guess amazon will give out a preorder bonus
http://i.imgur.com/Ujfxsbh.jpg

Its the german site and it only appears when pressing on the Steelbook Edition.
The Text says it applied to the Steelbook and TYH Edition and will include two Sets of Themes and 3 Avatars for each of the two themes.

Lynx_7

Just heard the news. P5 sitting at a 94 metacritic. Not even the highest rated JRPG of all time, crooked Hashino has failed us again. Sad!

That's actually legit more than I was expecting, though I still believe it'll drop to 93 or 92 after 80/90+ reviews.

Lusankya

So i guess amazon will give out a preorder bonus
http://i.imgur.com/Ujfxsbh.jpg

Its the german site and it only appears when pressing on the Steelbook Edition.
The Text says it applied to the Steelbook and TYH Edition and will include two Sets of Themes and 3 Avatars for each of the two themes.

Doesn't say which character's themes we will get, but one should be Futaba. The other one could be Makoto or Haru.

daevious

Not surprised. People made really stupid post assuming stuff while missing all the important nuance. Was honestly impossible to discuss at times given that you weren't even arguing about the same experience, especially when the side that that was missing out on all of it was so insistent on their version constantly bending and shifting the argument until you were kind of wondering what you were actually talking about.

See also: Danganronpa V3, where people either misinterpreted major story beats, fabricated fake spoilers that everyone followed without questioning them, or dismissed actual spoilers because they sounded unrealistic.

ufo8mycat

So I've been reading reviews for Persona 5, including IGNs one and I must say the turn based battle system seems interesting and the other stuff , including the dungeon puzzles has got me kind of hyped for this game.

I am someone who has never played Persona before but I love the Final Fantasy series, loved Yakuza 0 (even though that ain't a JRPG). Is it worth for me to bite the bullet and buy this game, given I haven't played a Persona game before?

So I've been reading reviews for Persona 5, including IGNs one and I must say the turn based battle system seems interesting and the other stuff , including the dungeon puzzles has got me kind of hyped for this game.

I am someone who has never played Persona before but I love the Final Fantasy series, loved Yakuza 0 (even though that ain't a JRPG). Is it worth for me to bite the bullet and buy this game, given I haven't played a Persona game before?

Go for it.

daevious

If you're into Yakuza 0 then you should totally get Persona 5 because the two make for good contrast in setting.

If Yakuza 0 is about the 80's economic boom in Japan; then Persona 5 is about the state of Japanese society after that boom passed and how it still hasn't recovered from that period.

MSMrRound

It's perfectly fine as a standalone game. Go for it and I hope you enjoy.

Mediking

You might appreciate Persona 5 more if you played Persona 3 FES or Persona 4 Golden first. After beating P5, you might find going to previous Persona games to be tough or annoying.

Then again....

Persona 5 stands on its own feet so you can jump in!

They might not announce anything, although the comparison to Super Live does make the odds of something a bit more likely.

Still expecting a new rhythm game though. I would assume that a fighting game would be arcade first?

asagami_

Banned
SMT HD was cancelled and is being replaced by a port of Persona 5.

Actually I have thinking it would be a waste of resource Atlus do a P5 port to Switch if future games will use UE4 and not the P5 engine, but I remember Vita have Persona 4, and Atlus could have ported a lot PS2 games to the portable machine, but in the end it was just P4. For a company LOVES to reuse engines and assets, the lack of support to Vita is a bit weird, but they support a lot more to Nintendo than Sony, so I guess why happened.

So yeah, I would expect a P5 portable in Switch in two-three years. It's Atlus usual modus operandi.

Makio

Just a heads-up, "PS4 exclusive" avatars can be set using the PS App on smartphones, even if you don't have a PS4. :)

Yeah thats cool pro -tip someone told me about , im using one of BB Central Ficition right now , despite i dont had a ps4

But cool for the people who dont know.

Question to someone who had experience with the japanese version and DLC:

Are the costumes in cutscenes as well? (I mean mainly the cutscene where they wear their phantom costumes)

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Question to someone who had experience with the japanese version and DLC:

Are the costumes in cutscenes as well? (I mean mainly the cutscene where they wear their phantom costumes)

No, just battles and dungeon exploration.

Mediking

Apparently there is going to be a Persona live event on August 2nd.
https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/847414500709908481

Translation from it mentions past live events https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/847415626293321728

Persona 5 spinoff and expansion is almost guaranteed...

Actually I have thinking it would be a waste of resource Atlus do a P5 port to Switch if future games will use UE4 and not the P5 engine, but I remember Vita have Persona 4, and Atlus could have ported a lot PS2 games to the portable machine, but in the end it was just P4. For a company LOVES to reuse engines and assets, the lack of support to Vita is a bit weird, but they support a lot more to Nintendo than Sony, so I guess why happened.

So yeah, I would expect a P5 portable in Switch in two-three years. It's Atlus usual modus operandi.

Persona 5 on Switch needs to happen.

Setsu00

Then again Persona doesn't really have a history with Nintendo outside of PQ.

So I owned PQ when it came out; got about 40 hours in (forth dungeon I think) when my cart corrupted. Lost all my progress and attempts to save the cart were fruitless. (Google search turned up some issues with other players with corrupted carts)

I've been wanting to finish this game and I'm willing to buy it again; but I wonder if it's worth it and if I could replay it how could I make it a fresh experience. For the record I started with the P3 cast.

Thoughts?

My order from simplygames has been charged, so hopefully will be getting it saturday.
Then will trade it in on Tuesday when TYH arrives. So happy i'm gonna have the time @ release to just look myself in this.

So I owned PQ when it came out; got about 40 hours in (forth dungeon I think) when my cart corrupted. Lost all my progress and attempts to save the cart were fruitless. (Google search turned up some issues with other players with corrupted carts)

I've been wanting to finish this game and I'm willing to buy it again; but I wonder if it's worth it and if I could replay it how could I make it a fresh experience. For the record I started with the P3 cast.

Thoughts?

The strangest thing. After my system and the cart got stolen, I got a new copy for my new system and all my old save data was restored. None of the map data carried over, but it was something.

Also, I prefer using the P4 crew if only for the fact that it allows P3MC to be his own character for once.

I hope the first thing in the upcoming P5 OT is 'YES YOU CAN JUMP INTO THIS ONE WITHOUT HAVING PLAYED A PREVIOUS PERSONA GAME'. In all caps. Bolded, italicised, underlined. And in red font.

The strangest thing. After my system and the cart got stolen, I got a new copy for my new system and all my old save data was restored. None of the map data carried over, but it was something.

Also, I prefer using the P4 crew if only for the fact that it allows P3MC to be his own character for once.

How was that possible? Did you get a digital copy? I'm almost scared of buying a physical cart cuz I couldn't bare going through another 40+ hours to have it corrupt.

How was that possible? Did you get a digital copy? I'm almost scared of buying a physical cart cuz I couldn't bare going through another 40+ hours to have it corrupt.

It was another cart.
I'm guessing it had something to do with the nintendo account?
No idea really, that's just how it turned out.
(Also, for reference, I bought and lost the game in 2015, but didn't play the replacement until 2017)

Mediking

Lusankya

I hope the first thing in the upcoming P5 OT is 'YES YOU CAN JUMP INTO THIS ONE WITHOUT HAVING PLAYED A PREVIOUS PERSONA GAME'. In all caps. Bolded, italicised, underlined. And in red font.

I understand that it is a legitimate question when you're a newcomer to the series, but I never understand why people prefer to write a post to ask about it and then wait instead of just typing it into google?

Or when they come to reddit/Persona5 why aren't they just clicking on the red top post that says "Persona 5 FAQ" ? Creating a new reddit topic is way more work!

DNAbro

Man I'm considering cancelling my physical order and getting it digitally simply due to the fact that I have a meeting right after when my packages usually get delivered. I won't have nice steelbook or discount but I'm not sure if I care.

Lunar15

Once the game came out in Japan, I cleared my youtube cache, deleted my history, and turned off history to ensure that recommendations wouldn't show up in my sidebar.

It's worked like a charm even though I occasionally go listen to a few songs here and there.

I understand that it is a legitimate question when you're a newcomer to the series, but I never understand why people prefer to write a post to ask about it and then wait instead of just typing it into google?

Or when they come to reddit/Persona5 why aren't they just clicking on the red top post that says "Persona 5 FAQ" ? Creating a new reddit topic is way more work!

I guess I get not googling it since spoilers and stuff, but when there's an easily accessible FAQ too and that also gets ignored.

Once the game came out in Japan, I cleared my youtube cache, deleted my history, and turned off history to ensure that recommendations wouldn't show up in my sidebar.

It's worked like a charm even though I occasionally go listen to a few songs here and there.

For some reason this stopped working for me after a while, and now youtube shows recommendations again despite history still being disabled.

DNAbro

I guess I get not googling it since spoilers and stuff, but when there's an easily accessible FAQ too and that also gets ignored.

For some reason this stopped working for me after a while, and now youtube shows recommendations again despite history still being disabled.

Same. I assume it was youtube not giving a fuck and forcing it on us cause they think it will make them more money.

Top Bottom