• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

What makes you say that?

Because it's Tuesday, good things always happen on Tuesdays.

Akibafest sounds possible, although Atlus were also at the Gamestop expo with P5, and the only thing to come out of that was the Anntroversy. Still, 4 months until release, so good time to start showing things.

OrionX

It's not about the "e", it's about ethics in videogame localizations.

First it starts with something small, like taking one letter off a name... Then the next thing you know Ann's 100% American, Makoto becomes Michelle, they start calling rice balls donuts, and they take away all the -chan's, -kun's and senpai's!!! It's a slippery slope my friends, it's a slippery slope.
:p

Some people didn't like that the localization is going with Ann instead of Anne.

I admit to preferring Anne, but Ann is itself a perfectly cromulent...I mean normal name.
... I thought we were talking about the boxart thing lmao

I prefer Ann for some reason. Probably because I haven't seen it anywhere else.

asagami_

Banned
First it starts with something small, like taking one letter off a name... Then the next thing you know Ann's 100% American, Makoto becomes Michelle, they start calling rice balls donuts, and they take away all the -chan's, -kun's and senpai's!!! It's a slippery slope my friends, it's a slippery slope.
:p

It sounds like PSX P1 :p But the only good thing about the localization is the Elly nickname for Eriko, though.

Edit: My bad, it was Ellen. Oh well.

Nachos

mcJ8iwP.png

Makio

I literally could not care less about the Ann vs Anne debate. It all just seems so incredibly silly.

THANK YOU ... finally someone say it is just pointless , seriously i could understand if is something like the Revelations Persona change names or Elizabeth & Margaret been called Liz & Maggie in the localization just to make it sound "kool" , but seriously "cry" a letter less or more which not change the pronunciation at all is just dumb , and even dumber to see people trigger / angry about it even outside of this topic

-------
English P5 trailer maybe next week .. i mean we reach the 4 moths left mark this weekend, really hoping to see something before this month ends

The thing is that it's just meaningless enough to be pointless. Like, why did they do it in the first place?

I doubt people are "triggered", just confused.

I mean, at least Aegis -> Aigis changed the pronunciation. Here it just looks off.

My bet is on total silence until december

I'm seeing a lot of sentiment like this, and I don't get it? I mean "2015" aside, Atlus USA isn't that dumb. The average PR cycle for Atlus games is 4 months. We are getting something this month.

Or the game's delayed again, but given how things have been going I'd assume they'd at least have kept that in mind as a possibility with the February date they picked.

I'm seeing a lot of sentiment like this, and I don't get it? I mean "2015" aside, Atlus USA isn't that dumb. The average PR cycle for Atlus games is 4 months. We are getting something this month.

Or the game's delayed again, but given how things have been going I'd assume they'd at least have kept that in mind as a possibility with the February date they picked.
Re: spoiler
worth it if it's a PC version

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Just to be safe but you guys know it's also Anne in JP? Just in case this isn't some weird meta trolling...? At least that's what shows up in the credits.

FluxWaveZ

The average PR cycle for Atlus games [in Japan] is 4 months. We are getting something this month.

Fixed. Average cycle is 2-3 months in the West. I bet you we're not getting anything this month.

Looking at the current conversation, I'll also bet anyone that it's "Anne" in the English version of the game.

Top Bottom