• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Setsu00

Can we finally stop pretending that Atlus ignores P1 and P2 now that we have P1 and P2 (and even ...if!) costumes in P5?

We should instead complain that Atlus ignores Trinity Soul.

Lynx_7

Well, p2 was also red until p5 came
On another note with the way you described p6, if p4 is compared with scoobydoo, p6 would be compare with captain planet ;p

That's actually brilliant. Now it needs to happen.
If we're cycling through all the cartoons that Hanna Barbera had a hand on, I can't wait for Flintstona 8 and the PowerPuffsonas 10. Maybe even an Addams Family persona! Has to be even numbers so we don't break tradition.

Nachos

We should instead complain that Atlus ignores Trinity Soul.
Should we?

So, any of you wanna bet on what will be P6's main color scheme?
I'm going with green. It's a nice contrast to P5's red and I expect P6 to be lighter in tone than P5, similar to what P4 is to P3.
Green's obvious since it's the only remaining primary color they haven't touched at all. Still, I'm more curious in how they'll end up implementing it. Persona 5's UI is like +80% black and white, with red as a highlight, and some cyan + magenta for extra colors. Part of that is because red is such an aggressive color – and the Persona interview from like three years ago even mentioned that they were very careful to make sure the red wasn't overpowering. Still, it shows that they're open to using their theme colors more conservatively. It's not like in P3/P4 where blue and yellow made up most of the UI.

I'm just curious to see how the lessons they learned from making 5's UI will inform things going forward.

If they do use green, I hope they go with a "digital" aesthetic- green and black could do wonders at Atlus' hands in such contexts.

barybll

Banned
If they do use green, I hope they go with a "digital" aesthetic- green and black could do wonders at Atlus' hands in such contexts.

Green and black is a good combo tbh

Yeah, a digitalized aesthetic with green and black theme database database just living in the database wowo

Mediking

I only just now realized they changed Masou's hat in the localization.

Masaomark.jpg

??? I'm playing P1 right now... All I see is the guy on the left... not the right....

Setsu00

???? Ummmm... what?

The game replaces Masao with a black boy called Mark if you input the Konami code during the intro sequence in the PS1 version.

(Fake spoiler)
Don't tell me you're not familiar with the wondrous localization of Revelations: Persona.

Joqu

Here, I grabbed the Soejima art from the page source in delicious high res

key.png

compared to:

key.png

much better

Seeing a modern rendition of the P1 MC is pretty wonderful

jzbluz

As opposed to P2, where their ingame portraits were drawn by Soejima?

I know he did the originals, but I guess his art has changed? It reminds how I used to find his art for P3/P4 a bit freaky. I like Doi's rendition of Maya and Tatsuya a bit better anyway.

Setsu00

I know he did the originals, but I guess his art has changed? It reminds how I used to find his art for P3/P4 a bit freaky. I like Doi's rendition of Maya and Tatsuya a bit better anyway.

Soejima's art changed drastically over the years.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (1997):
281404-devil-summoner-soul-hackers-sega-saturn-screenshot-paradigm.png

Stella Deus (2004):
310607-47272_7_2.jpg

Persona 5 (2016):
P5-Gameplay-Niconico_07-18-16.jpg

Mediking

Soejima's art changed drastically over the years.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (1997):
281404-devil-summoner-soul-hackers-sega-saturn-screenshot-paradigm.png

Stella Deus (2004):
310607-47272_7_2.jpg

Persona 5 (2016):
P5-Gameplay-Niconico_07-18-16.jpg

P5's navigator has a great design. So cute. Even cuter that she is as tall as Joker's mid chest area. I can't wait to meet her! I wonder how she is! No spoilers! Lol

Seeing these butler and maid outfits, I'm really hoping they bring back the Phoenix Featherman ranger costumes. Also hope these will be coming to the EU/US store cos I'll probably pick them all up.

Happy to see some non-Atlus outfits, even if its just maid/butler stuff.

Leaves me hopeful there will be other non-Atlus costumes. Even if they are DLC.

(Not that I don't like the Atlus themed stuff, I just like variety)

Going by datamined content, the only remaining unnanounced set is
Christmas costumes.

Strimei

Going by datamined content, the only remaining unnanounced set is
Christmas costumes.

If that's it, then I am really disappointed in Atlus.

The sheer amount and variety of outfits in Golden was great (the Hardboiled look is a particular favorite of mine). When you have a game that involves costumed thieves, that's carte blanche to go all out on costumes.

That's the on disc DLC, though. They might patch in more (I hope)

Yeah, I'd find it hard to believe they aren't gonna nickel and dime Persona 5 for several more months. That of you'll have to buy Persona 5: The Crimson next year, which will have loads of new costumes available to enjoy.

Lynx_7

Atlus is pretty bad with this whole DLC stuff. I just hope that if they do a P5 OmegaRuby edition they at least sell the new content through DLC. That'd actually be an useful use for DLC though so I don't have my hopes up.

PK Gaming

AvBK2uB.png

I think this image does a good job of summing up Atlus regarding DLC now

Those days were we'd get a ton of free and awesome costumes are long gone now...

Zolo

Eh. If we get the same deal where we can get the costumes free for a certain period of time, I don't mind it that much.

I've kinda just accepted it as a reality now where dev costs increase and costumes make easy money.

Eh. If we get the same deal where we can get the costumes free for a certain period of time, I don't mind it that much.

I've kinda just accepted it as a reality now where dev costs increase and costumes make easy money.
but that takes away all the fun of unlocking them.

I think this image does a good job of summing up Atlus regarding DLC now

Those days were we'd get a ton of free and awesome costumes are long gone now...

Sorry, who's this guy?

In all seriousness, that image also reminds me the P2 costumes are just the regular uniforms, not the specific characters' looks.
It's understandable, but disappointing due to lack of Maya's heart boobs.

man when are we gonna get an English trailer

PSX or the month of release.

I'm not holding my breath for the former.

I'd guess sometime in the next month or two. Late October or mid November specifically.

My current bet is by this weekend- Aniplex has some sort of anime festival in (San Fransisco's?) Little Tokyo, and they're showing all 4 Persona 3 movies. Atlus also has a booth there or something. If they upload it to YouTube this week, they can show it at the booth.

Top Bottom