• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Setsu00

An even better way of looking at this is that they've stated that they want Persona 5 to be the gold bar for their localizations.

The more Dual Audio the better.

I said this in the other thread, but there's no way they would admit that they delayed the game because of the Japanese audio. That's like asking your fanbase to tear itself apart.

Real talk, though- Ryuji sounds wonderful in context! He was my least favorite bar Morgana in the trailers so far, but I'm glad to see that he sounds great in context.

Edit: Holy shit, Morgana is incredible too.

WOW. You got me Atlus, that's a NG+.

Most of us are eating crow right now. Sorry for doubting you junior member.

That said, I'm close to final few dungeons. Any bit of polishing would be well worth it.

On a more positive note, AOI YUUKI CONFIRMED FOR ENGLISH VERSION OF PERSONA 5. AHHHHHHHHHH!

At least there's a silver lining to it. Hopefully AtlusUSA might be able to add some DLC codes to the Take Your Heart edition as well, or at least free for 1st week or something.
giphy.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm so mad and upset..... YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT! DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something I've learned over 15 years of game and software development in my career - once a project has had multiple delays, ALWAYS be skeptical of any announced release date.

Sophia

Surprised (and disappointed) by the delay, but at least you'll all get to potentially experience the amazing Japanese voice cast alongside the amazing English cast.

Setsu00

So considering that all the whining regarding the Japanese voices worked out, can we now start to push for a better font? It's perfectly fine in the text boxes, but it looks horrible in the battle screen.

This describes my feelings. People are cheering dual audio and I'm sitting here just feeling let down.

Also Valentine's Day was such a great release date thematically...
I'm still so fucking pissed off about blazblue central fiction that I can't even pretend to be happy for the JP audio folks here, I'm just super salty about this delay

Mediking

Something I've learned over 15 years of game and software development in my career - once a project has had multiple delays, ALWAYS be skeptical of any announced release date.

I've been dodging spoilers for SO long. I thought the wait was almost over..... but NOPE! I'm trying to calm down but I'm so upset and bitter.

@Atlusprime! HARDIN! We gotta talk. Please.

Setsu00

I've been dodging spoilers for SO long. I thought the wait was almost over..... but NOPE! I'm trying to calm down but I'm so upset and bitter.

@Atlusprime! HARDIN! We gotta talk. Please.

Let the poor guy be.

He's probably got nothing to do with the delays anyway.

Mediking

Let the poor guy be.

He's probably got nothing to do with the delays anyway.

I just want Hardin to offer insight on worldwide releases because I CAN'T KEEP DOING THIS ANYMORE! I'M TIRED OF DODGING SPOILERS. I'M TIRED OF TRYING TO KEEP MY HYPE IN CHECK. I'M FRUSTRATED AS HELL.

Nachos

So considering that all the whining regarding the Japanese voices worked out, can we now start to push for a better font? It's perfectly fine in the text boxes, but it looks horrible in the battle screen.
Going to put Tierney a thread on the graphic localization soon. I was waiting until the stream to see how they handled other elements.

Still, there's going to be a limit to what they can do. The UI was clearly designed with only Japanese in mind from the start, which is making a lot of the English look awkward. I was hoping Atlus Japan would go through the effort of redesigning parts, but that's clearly not happening.

I just want Hardin to offer insight on worldwide releases because I CAN'T KEEP DOING THIS ANYMORE! I'M TIRED OF DODGING SPOILERS. I'M TIRED OF TRYING TO KEEP MY HYPE IN CHECK. I'M FRUSTRATED AS HELL.
What insight can they offer beyond what they've given? They've already said it's to work on the localization more and do more voice work.

lilty

Thank you. It's honestly terrible. Use the delay to fix this please Atlus.

Setsu00

Thank you. It's honestly terrible. Use the delay to fix this please Atlus.

Nachos is probably right, though. There's only so much they can do if they don't decide to redesign the UI and I'm not sure if another font would solve this problem.

Makio

Like someone say eariler im ass about it but here i come again , CONGRATS to all those keep bitching and bitching about the japanese audio you got what you want but kinda fucked it up the people we dont care or accept the localization how always been and already to play the game in less of 3 months

IDK if the dual audio is the reason of the delay but if they ever hinted is that im gonna dislike the japanese dubs and their fans even more than before.

No kidding im super salty even consider no buy the game at release ....

Setsu00

Like someone say eariler im ass about it but here i come again , CONGRATS to all those keep bitching and bitching about the japanese audio you got what you want but kinda fucked it up the people we dont care or accept the localization how always been and already to play the game in less of 3 months

IDK if the dual audio is the reason of the delay but if they ever hinted is that im gonna dislike the japanese dubs and their fans even more than before.

No kidding im super salty even consider no buy the game at release or not buying at all ....

I'm somewhat reconsidering buying the game as well. April 4 is about the worst possible time for me to release the game since it'll be the start of a new semester for me and I'll be busy with uni and work.

Dantis

I'm not reconsidering buying it, because I'm not insane.

You're literally only hurting yourself.

"The school is a CASTLE and the students are are SLAVES. It's so on point, it hurts!"

This game's script is dope

Is that actually a line? Because that's amazing.

Nachos is probably right, though. There's only so much they can do if they don't decide to redesign the UI and I'm not sure if another font would solve this problem.

That sucks. It's not the best font in the first place, but In part I believe the font looks so out of place because we've been looking at the Japanese version for so long.

Liking the voices so far now that we're hearing it in the game. As long as Ryuji can pronounce his own name come release day, it's a good cast.

OrionX

"Here, have a closer look at this sweet-ass game that we just fucking delayed AGAIN to rub some salt in that wound! :D"

Must... suppress... bitterness... lol

Nachos

DC Douglas is Kamoshida, instead of Yusuke's mentor.
That sucks. It's not the best font in the first place, but In part I believe the font looks so out of place because we've been looking at the Japanese version for so long.
To be fair, the body text is going to be one of the easiest things to change, since the text isn't stylized and is just displayed plainly. That's something that can change. I was thinking more of the text in things like the Confidant level up screens.

Setsu00

I'm not reconsidering buying it, because I'm not insane.

You're literally only hurting yourself.

Normally I would agree, but in this case I have no time to play the game so why should I waste money on something I can't use for about six months anyway?

Saikyo

Thank You ; )

I am now much more hyped with the game, maybe I should buy Berseria to play it after RE7...

asagami_

Banned
My birthday is in April, but I want to buy the Switch. Decisions~~ Oh well, maybe my idea of buy a new PS3 will be to buy to a used PS3 Slim just to play the Trails of Cold Steel games and Persona 5.

Thank god for the Kisekis.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Did these bastards really just show a bikini Ann and that boss guy?!

It's literally the second in-game day, and all of this was in trailers. They warned they'd be showing stuff from the first dungeon.

PK Gaming

Did these bastards really just show a bikini Ann and that boss guy?!

Brain trust, they're demoing the game. The 2nd day even.

I know you're upset, but you're going to have to accept it. It sucks, but it is what it is. Don't be fooled into thinking they delayed it just to add Japanese audio. They delayed it to finish up on the localization process and ensure its as smooth as possible.

Mediking

I was expecting Yusuke to be a moody and a cool edgelord. Sort of like Shinjiro but more vocal. Based off his character trailer... he isn't what I expected at all.....

Top Bottom