• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Outside of name pronunciation - which hopefully gets fixed - the VAs so far are on point.

I'll have to hear more from Makoto before I know whether I like her or not, but Ryuji in-game ended up being so much better than I thought he was based on his trailer, so I have my fingers crossed.

Setsu00

Outside of name pronunciation- which hopefully gets fixed - the VAs so far are on point.

I'll have to hear more from Makoto before I know whether I like her or not, but Ryuji in-game ended up being better than I thought he was based on his trailer, so I have my fingers crossed.

Ryuji sounds amazing!

Dugna

So far only english voice I don't like is the velvet assistants, the japanese voices match those characters alot more.

MSMrRound

I know you're upset, but you're going to have to accept it. It sucks, but it is what it is. Don't be fooled into thinking they delayed it just to add Japanese audio. They delayed it to finish up on the localization process and ensure its as smooth as possible.

PK nailed it.

I think the main reason was that the scale of Persona 5 was simply too much and they ran into unexpected issues along the way. Their CEO even mentioned they had to boost their active workforce by quite a bit. A delay just to add Japanese voice tracks? Naaah, it doesn't sound that way to me.

Lynx_7

"They liberated a PS4 theme of Ryuji Sakamoto, and they’ve put it up on PlayStation Network right now. For free. Fortunately, the Atlus security is top-notch, and we’ll be removing it from PlayStation Network in 24 hours, but until then, we’re powerless to stop those who want to download it!"

So, is this already available? I'm terrible at finding themes.

Also, I believed in hichanbis from the start, shame on you guys for doubting him!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Going to also say that the delay is probably also partly because fucking february and everything around it has become so stacked even with games that probably could very well speak to the same audience as Persona 5.

It's probably several reasons coming together justifying this decision from many different angles.

So, is this already available? I'm terrible at finding themes.

Also, I believed in hichanbis from the start, shame on you guys for doubting him!
I acted like I didnt...but I actually believed him

At this point I believe most softly stated believeable rumors, considering I used to do that on a forum where I had some insider knowledge. I got the same reactions. Found it hilarious when people realize I was right

I guess part of it is that Atlus don't typically announce the date as far ahead as they did for P5. Usually we get a placeholder that they may or may not hit. Guess they just underestimated.

I blame rumours becoming reality though.

Makio

Demons sound so awesome in english .... maybe because i dont play SMT IV , this is new to me.
I take back what i say about Morgana , Cassandra is killing it in the battle gameplay.
Happy to hear Keranen in this maybe not the role i want from her but still a great actress for the twins

And i love Ann VA even more she perfect.

Demons sound so awesome in english .... maybe because i dont play SMT IV this new to me.
I take back what i say about Morgana , Cassandra is killing it in the battle gameplay.
Happy to hear Keranen in this maybe not the role i want from her but still a great actress for the twins

And i love Ann VA even more she perfect.
they have lines in SMTIV, but they arent nearly as creative or interesting as they are in what we've seen of P5

Makio

they have lines in SMTIV, but they arent nearly as creative or interesting as they are in what we've seen of P5

Got me by surprise the guards whispers , i see the text bubbles in japenese gameplay but i wasnt expecting it to be voiced or that funny

The script in general sounds great not too cringy and actually funny at times

Can't wait to hear more from Makoto.

Ryuji improved immensely between his trailer and the stream, so I'm hoping that Makoto is the same; not that she's bad per say, but there are enough ups and downs in her trailer to need a second, better opinion.

Strimei

Very happy with Makoto.

Yusuke too.

Bit down about the delay though (fucking again) but at least the dude who came here and posted about it the other day prepared me for it and we get the audio out of it.

PK Gaming

Persona with actual good dungeon design

fab.png

Lynx_7

Going to also say that the delay is probably also partly because fucking february and everything around it has become so stacked even with games that probably could very well speak to the same audience as Persona 5.

It's probably several reasons coming together justifying this decision from many different angles.

I was thinking about that too. They must've looked at one of those lists with Q1 releases and went "oh god, no".

I'm glad they went ahead with the japanese voices, even if I'm not going to use them myself. If there's one thing Cyber Sleuth taught me is that I'll just skip through the voiceover once I'm done reading the lines if I can't actually understand what the characters are saying. It works when you're watching anime, but in games english VA just works better for me since I can adjust my pacing with the VA's delivery. Maybe on a second playthrough.

Makio

Cherami Leigh playing Cherami Leigh really isn't doing it for me in this role. Matt Mercer as Yusuke is pretty perfect.

This .... as expected i dont like her Makoto and she sounds more forced than i was expecting.
And she literally make me choose Ann over Makoto at least we seen so far
(Hoping Haru kill it and steal my heart )

There again everyone sounds better in game so far so there still hope for Makoto tho

Matt Mercer is perfect very happy with his delivery

Atlus is throwing everything to fast i can understand if the game is in Valentine days ... but we are 7 months from it , too soon for this

daevious

I was expecting Yusuke to be a moody and a cool edgelord. Sort of like Shinjiro but more vocal. Based off his character trailer... he isn't what I expected at all.....

Yusuke is like the opposite of cool edgelord, he's more like the anime version of Yu Narukami in terms of being a general weirdo..

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I really like the pick of Igor's new English VA. It's as close to the new Japanese one as you can get, and sounds great. I'm not too fond of the delivery of the "Welcome to my Velvet Room" line, but it's just one line.

I can't shake the idea that Makoto's English VA (Cherami Leigh) would've been a far better pick for the Velvet Room twins. Her voice has a really childish feel to it that suits them far better than Makoto.

Incredibly stoked to see Atlus USA come through with dual audio, and highly recommend people try the original dub too, it's genuinely fantastic, and Morgana's voice alone is a reason to play with it.
atlusprime if you're reading this, please pass on the gratitude.

Setsu00

Hopefully Atlus gets massive backlash for the two gay guys that are used for comic relief. Maybe that'll wake them up. All this screaming for the Japanese VO worked as well, so I guess anything's possible now.

Makio

EU gets a delayed free theme? Atlus like just hears the two letters "EU" and thinks "DELAY!!!"

Atlus : Europe dudes and PS3 squad GTFO dont free theme for you guys , fy.

I can't shake the idea that Makoto's English VA (Cherami Leigh) would've been a far better pick for the Velvet Room twins. Her voice has a really childish feel to it that suits them far better than Makoto.

No kidding Carrie Keranen (Velvet Twins VA) as Makoto would works 10 times better since she got the angry gene in her voice and Cherami as the twins since she sound like a spoiled brat eveytime Makoto gets angry.

Is too late to record all the Makoto and Twins lines again and switch the actress please haha

Setsu00

Nothing too major, but there are two recurring NPCs that are implied to be homosexual and are portrayed rather offensively. It's not the only LGBT representation in the game, but yeah.

*Cries in PS3*

Just waiting they cancel the ps3 version too around february - march and lose the little love i got for Atlus USA right now

I wouldn't even be surprised anymore.

Whenever John said "When we release P5 on April 4" I wanted to correct him with "If we release P5 on April 4". I know it's not fair to act like this, but it's super annoying that I probably won't be able to play P5 until around August now.

Strimei

Saw over in the stream/delay thread that apparently they're also rerecording the mispronunciation of names? Good if so.

edit: They ain't gonna cancel the PS3 version people. Don't worry.

(I'll eat crow if they do)

Hopefully Atlus gets massive backlash for the two gay guys that are used for comic relief. Maybe that'll wake them up. All this screaming for the Japanese VO worked as well, so I guess anything's possible now.
The change seems to come from the US side from Atlus though.
I don't think JP Atlus cares that much even if there was complaining.

Saw over in the stream/delay thread that apparently they're also rerecording the mispronunciation of names? Good if so.

I'd absolutely love a link to this confirmation, as it's my main gripe with the English VA. (That is, assuming Makoto improves from Trailer to Game like Ryuji did.)

cheez124

oh man, i hope this is true. the mispronunciations were the only things about the english dub that bothered me, everything else sounds pretty great. i was gonna start with the JP audio but i might just save it for new game plus now

Top Bottom