• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Strimei

I haven't seen confirmation of it (hence why I'm asking here) but I do feel reasonably hopeful for it, especially if they're recording more stuff, too.

Makio

The fact that they voiced more lines in the english localization than in the japanese version is actually really exciting.

If this is true im will be more fine with delay more audio is always so good , specially for a long , character / plot driven game like this.

If this is true im will be more fine with delay more audio is always so good , specially for a long , character / plot driven game like this.

It's absolutely true.

They confirmed in the stream that they've delayed the game to not only add Dual Audio, but to "add even more VA for lines that weren't voiced in the original game"; that's on top of re-re-re-examining the localization to make sure everything is perfect.

;___;

H-h-hows it going, guys?

Hey Hardin!

We could tell how hard that announcement was for you, but on behalf of many of the people that asked for Dual Audio, I'd like to say that I think it was the right call. That and the extra VA'ing are extremely welcome improvements.

Thank you and the team at Atlus very much!

PK Gaming

;___;

H-h-hows it going, guys?

897754-mitsuruclose.jpg

EXECUTION

jk

I mean, i'm still bummed the heck out, but I get it. We're pros at waiting at this point and the game itself looks great.

Strimei

;___;

H-h-hows it going, guys?

If it helps any, at least for me, this isn't anywhere near the anguish I went through with the whole "Hey its coming out this year still right?" hopes getting dashed.

Seriously though, least its only two months and the DLC helps.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
;___;

H-h-hows it going, guys?

I was going to make a joke about how at least there wasn't doubling-down of the previous date this time around, but I see that's been covered.

I must admit curiosity, in some regard, as to exactly which 'types' of conversations are receiving the additional VA work, though I know you likely can't reply with anything specific.

That, and while I know the success in Japan has been pretty big, why the big push for more VA work? Was that on Atlus USA's end, the home branch, or both?

Makio

;___;

H-h-hows it going, guys?

You know what FUCK YOU .... i cant believe we still had to worry about delays and such at this point of the "game" wtf.
#BLAMEHARDIN #PERSONA52015 #HARDINLIESAGAIN
------------------------------

With that out of my chest a delay for more audio lines , a localization revision and try to get the game as perfect as it gets no sound too bad ,everyone gets happy with the dual audio and same release date both in Europe and America
Just hope the ps3 version survives by the end of the line.

And game looks fantastic so far , great job everyone.

;___;

H-h-hows it going, guys?

:(

The upside is that I really like most of the English voice work in the part of the stream I caught.

We're pros at waiting at this point

It'll be four fucking years since this game was announced for it to come out in English. I thought waiting for Zelda games would prepare me. :/

Seriously though, least its only two months and the DLC helps.

A month and a half, even.

;___;

H-h-hows it going, guys?

Bummed about the delay obviously, but what you guys showed on stream looked fantastic. Sounded fantastic too! The VAs are awesome so far, especially Ryuji and Kamoshida. The script, which I had admittedly worried about before, is a good reminder of why I like your guys' localizations so much. Seemed like very natural English, with a lot of character and humour.

The stream was a lot of fun too! Everyone was fun to listen too, and y'all dropped some cool tidbits about the game/localizing it.

I'm sure the delay must've been nerve-wracking, so I just want to say I appreciate the work you and everyone at Atlus USA do.

FluxWaveZ

3 months. We were 3 MONTHS AWAY.
phoenix-emo.gif

This delay hits me in a pretty personal way, like the other ones, even though it being frustrating has slowly been getting replaced with it being ridiculous. Two more months is manageable. But, then again, so would 1 extra year. It's all "manageable," and people will always find or create reasons for why they're happy with the delay.

As with the others, there's a justification for this one. Sounds like a good one. Hopefully it'll make for a better product in the end. Now it's less about the game being delayed in isolation, but alongside the fact that it's already been out in Japan and that the localization gap increases once again.

The spoiler dodging continues.

Sophia

I can't believe this shit. Just fucking kill me.

Hey now. No being dramatic (that goes for everyone else too)

The game is coming out in a period where it doesn't have much around it now, so it'll be better for the game as a whole.

Besides, how do you intend to play it if you're dead? :p

where has anything said they are adding additional voiced lines in english? All I've seen was the shit saying they are redoing some of the work

They said that with the delay they are recording lines which were not previously dubbed.

I don't think they specifically said that they weren't dubbed in Japanese, but I don't see why they'd ever have not dubbed lines that were originally dubbed, so I'd assume that means more dub work than the JP release.

They said that with the delay they are recording lines which were not previously dubbed.

I don't think they specifically said that they weren't dubbed in Japanese, but I don't see why they'd ever have not dubbed lines that were originally dubbed, so I'd assume that means more dub work than the JP release.
clarification would be cool then. I'd like something to actually be hyped for. This has been a pretty huge disappointment

Really want to hear more from Makoto, she sounds a bit high pitched based on that trailer alone.

Depending on how her and Haru are voiced, I may choose one voice track over the other.

Makio

So when can I expect the stream archive to make it onto YouTube so I can watch the parts I missed?

This , twitch didnt work well i see like 10 minutes of the 2 hours of stream

Fun fact Atlus USA youtube channel upload the mechanics trailer 2 times , one with diferent release date and didnt erase the february one yet ... pretty sloppy tbh , someone should be fired for that maybe Hardin
jk

Dantis

Let's talk about how "FIST OF JUSTICE!!!" is the new worst line ever.

I feel like the conversation stuff seems pretty good for P5, but the combat dialogue is terrible.

Might be JP voices for ol' Dantis.

I feel like the conversation stuff seems pretty good for P5, but the combat dialogue is terrible.

I wouldn't generalize it quite so much, but yeah, there are a few lines like "FIST OF JUSTICE" that just... don't fit quite right.

I'll definitely need to hear more from Makoto before I can decide on English vs. Japanese dub.

Sophia

Might be JP voices for ol' Dantis.

Eh, as long as nothing is as bad as Xenosaga 2, I'll be fine with it.

MYSTIC POWERS, GRANT ME A BETTER VOICE ACTRESS MIRACLE!!! over and over and over ><;

I just watched Makoto and Yusuke's trailers. Yusuke's voice seems great, but Makoto's is a lot higher than I expected. I'm not sure about that.

She's decently high pitched in the Japanese version too, although a bit more subdued in tone rather than pitchness. We'll see how the final voice acting is.

Dantis

I wouldn't generalize it quite so much, but yeah, there are a few lines like "FIST OF JUSTICE" that just... don't fit quite right.

I'll definitely need to hear more from Makoto before I can decide on English vs. Japanese dub.
SHOW ME YOUR TRUE FORM was also a particularly bad one.
Pretty sure Ann and Morgana had a couple too.

Makio

Let's talk about how "FIST OF JUSTICE!!!" is the new worst line ever..

She went full Chie in there ewwwwwww.... and her delivery didnt help either was like the final strike to end up dont like her .. i hope she gets better in game like Ryuji and Morgana

But idk "show me your true form" "i'll reveal your true form" dont sound cringy in gameplay

This , twitch didnt work well i see like 10 minutes of the 2 hours of stream

Fun fact Atlus USA youtube channel upload the mechanics trailer 2 times , one with diferent release date and didnt erase the february one yet ... pretty sloppy tbh , someone should be fired for that maybe Hardin
jk
Oh calm down. I get the frustration, but taking it all out on John is misplaced and petty. Your joke's not funny, and swearing at him is unnecessary.

You may now resume your angry posts.

Makio

You got an Aki avatar of course you liked .....

If someone bitch about Ann's "A beautiful rose has thorns" line is going to catch these hands.... but there they kinda bad they use the same line over and over everytime they land an all out attack , i was expecting a couple at least

...and that's supposed to be bad?

Not on its own, no.

But Makoto is a more mature character and a student council president - I don't think that I'm alone in thinking that sounding like Chie isn't exactly what one should be going for with that.

This is especially true if you look at how much deeper and more raw Makoto's voice was in Japanese.

Seda

my issue with P4G Chie is she kinda mumbled and slurred her lines just a little bit. Makoto sounds very clear and pronounced to me.

Hey now. No being dramatic (that goes for everyone else too)

The game is coming out in a period where it doesn't have much around it now, so it'll be better for the game as a whole.

Besides, how do you intend to play it if you're dead? :p

It's too damn frustrating, usually I don't care about delays because I'm always overwhelmed with games to play but my anticipation for P5 is on a completely different level from the rest, to say that I'll just play something else doesn't cut it for me.
It's been 8 years since P4, this is the fifth fucking delay, the game is out in Japan and avoiding spoilers will only get harder.
Man, I can't even remember the last time I was actually pissed because of gaming related stuff, probably 20 years ago.
Fuck this, I'm going to sleep.
Real life problems will take my mind off this in the morning, there are plenty of them and they don't get delayed.

hughesta

Banned
So I went on the PS Store on my phone to DL the Ryuji theme but my PS4 isn't set as my primary for some reason and it won't let me set it because another PS4 is set as my primary and I don't have and never have had another PS4 and Sony support says it'll be at least 48 hours for a fix and ahhhhhhh

This is all your fault Hardin

Dantis

my issue with P4G Chie is she kinda mumbled and slurred her lines just a little bit. Makoto sounds very clear and pronounced to me.
My problem was that it made Chie sound very young, hyperactive and cartoony. I was going to say she sounded like a character from Recess, but I feel like that's doing Recess a disservice.
For Makoto to sound like it is insane to me. It doesn't fit with my perception of the character at all.

Top Bottom