• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Should put Labrys on the P4 side, just to give the P4 cast a fighting chance, seeing as all they have is Narukami. :p

That is an awesome art tho, should digitalize it.

tumblr_min3agSNkO1r8d0joo1_500.png

I said wow. That's absolutely amazing art.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If you're looking to play Eternal Punishment on a portable, DO NOT BUY it until Atlus/Sony work it out to work on those. The current version on the store will only work on PS3 it seems. I haven't tried the PSP I have here in getting it on there, but it won't transfer with CMA for the other handheld.

Squire

Banned
If you're looking to play Eternal Punishment on a portable, DO NOT BUY it until Atlus/Sony work it out to work on those. The current version on the store will only work on PS3 it seems. I haven't tried the PSP I have here in getting it on there, but it won't transfer with CMA for the other handheld.

Came to ask this. Definitely waiting.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm currently playing P4G (Holy shit I love it) and I got two questions:

Any good info that I should know for a first timer?

Who can I romance?

If they're a female, generally you can romance them, except for Nanako thankfully.

And just fuse your personas whenever you can, don't hold onto them.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Years later, the heartlight's true purpose is revealed.

The heartlight is the means by which ALL is revealed.
The hearts on one's chest whispers the most profound wisdom.

Levito

Banned
Yeah don't overthink fusing Persona's, register the one's you really like and experiement. There's also a plethora of fusion guides out there.

Don't fear fusion. It is your bestest friend. Those who fear the fusion system deserve what evil punishment they get.

Yukiko, Rise, Chie, Naoto, Marie, Ai, Yumi, Ayane, Hanako.

Oh shit, and here I thought I was gonna have a hard time choosing between Chie and Yukiko...

Shame there isn't a gay option, oh Kanji you confused sexy, sexy man.

So EP doesn't work on the Vita just yet? I'll probably end up buying it anyways so I'll have it on my PS3, waiting to transfer it over for when it does become vita compatible.

Oh, so you just can't buy it directly from PSP and Vita. I thought it was a case of it being a PS1 game that didn't work *stares at Crash Team Racing*

Nudull

Banned
So, is it worth getting EP and the PSP version of IS together, and would I miss too much from only playing the original version of the former?

Sophia

So, is it worth getting EP and the PSP version of IS together, and would I miss too much from only playing the original version of the former?

You wouldn't miss anything in regards to the main story. However you may wish to read up on Tatsuya's Scenario once you finish EP.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what I appreciate about Margaret and Rise as 'romantic' interests in 4? They're the only two who don't react like every other romance link in the game. Rise is straight forward about wanting that bowl cut, and Margaret's all 'haw, that's cute.'

Squire

Banned
EP will work on Vita soon. In the mean time, it's almost March; a lot is coming out. Are you guys getting anything? I know Dantis and I are getting Tomb Raider. Levito probably is, too.

You know what I appreciate about Margaret and Rise as 'romantic' interests in 4? They're the only two who don't react like every other romance link in the game. Rise is straight forward about wanting that bowl cut, and Margaret's all 'haw, that's cute.'

Noi

EP will work on Vita soon. In the mean time, it's almost March; a lot is coming out. Are you guys getting anything? I know Dantis and I are getting Tomb Raider. Levito probably is, too.

My funds are limited cause of PAX, but I'm in for GOD OF WARRRRRR.

I'll probably be getting Bioshock Infinite from getting a new video card. Hopefully I can get the new Luigi's Mansion and Lego City Undercover, too.

I'll be getting Darkstalkers Resurrection on March 12, day 1 release on PSN. That along with P1/Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment are all I see myself getting in march.

FluxWaveZ

I'll be getting StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. I'll rent the rest.

Marche90

Wow. This is beautiful. Where did you find it? Or did you drew it?

Also. Not participating in the P2EP party. Not because I don't want to, but rather, I don't have even a PSP right now, less alone a Vita (yeah, I know that it's not compatible right now, still...) or a PS3. Shame

Levito

Banned

Yup I'm getting Tomb Raider, and Heart of the Swarm.

Also getting review copies of Slender: The Arrival and (hopefully) Bioshock Infinite.

Noi

I'm not joining the EP party, but that's because I already own a physical copy and haven't beaten IS yet. :X I'll get to it at some point.

Moonlight

Banned
Gonna buy Heart of the Swarm and hate myself a little for it. That's about it as far as game releases go.

Hey guys, not really a Persona fan, but I'm interested in getting into the series. I've heard how good Persona 4 was and I saw it for sale today at a local game shop for about $40 (PS2 version), would you guys say that it's worth buying it at that price?
I figured I would ask here since I know nothing about the series or the value of the games themselves.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hey guys, not really a Persona fan, but I'm interested in getting into the series. I've heard how good Persona 4 was and I saw it for sale today at a local game shop for about $40 (PS2 version), would you guys say that it's worth buying it at that price?
I figured I would ask here since I know nothing about the series or the value of the games themselves.

You can get it for 20 at Amazon.ca

@Smedwicks - ska!?

How difficult is P2 and would I need to play IS to enjoy EP?

Not very difficult. IS is a little faster in combat due to "skip mode" while EP, at least the PS1 version, is quite sluggish during combat/spells.

Now, I am in the camp where you don't need to play IS before EP - this is because this is how I did it many years ago. In a way, IS gets better when you've played through EP! Things that remain mysterious throughout EP develop throughout IS and really enrich the fiction.

lilty

Not very difficult. IS is a little faster in combat due to "skip mode" while EP, at least the PS1 version, is quite sluggish during combat/spells.

Now, I am in the camp where you don't need to play IS before EP - this is because this is how I did it many years ago. In a way, IS gets better when you've played through EP! Things that remain mysterious throughout EP develop throughout IS and really enrich the fiction.
Alright. I was just wondering because in P3 and P4 I think I played on easy because I'm not the greatest at RPG's, although I'm sure I could do them on normal if I had grinded a bit more.

Also I don't think I have access to IS since I don't have a PSP/Vita. I did have a Vita but I sold it because besides P4G I really didn't see much that interested me.

Alright. I was just wondering because in P3 and P4 I think I played on easy because I'm not the greatest at RPG's, although I'm sure I could do them on normal if I had grinded a bit more.

Also I don't think I have access to IS since I don't have a PSP/Vita. I did have a Vita but I sold it because besides P4G I really didn't see much that interested me.

Yeah, in some other dimension the Vita is like really badass and has every major JRPG from the PS1, Dreamcast, and PS2 on it.

So hey man, yeah try out Persona 2 EP, but just know that it's more "old-school" or whatever and is more about exploration/dungeons and no social links or daily schedule.

Squire

Banned
Yup I'm getting Tomb Raider, and Heart of the Swarm.

Also getting review copies of Slender: The Arrival and (hopefully) Bioshock Infinite.

Oh, so then I assume you'll be playing TR on PC? That game looks like it's goddamn beautiful.

I'm also probably getting DOA5 on the Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom