• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

I'd agree with the idea that if it's not in March, it'll probably be next year-- but mostly because of the stuff that they're coming out with this year.

Which, hey, if it means more polish, I'm all for it, believe me. I want to see it ASAP, but at the same time, I want the game to be as refined and fantastic as possible.

I bet they'll include a P5 thing with SMT IV to build hype, much like SH for SMT IV.

FluxWaveZ

I'd agree with the idea that if it's not in March, it'll probably be next year-- but mostly because of the stuff that they're coming out with this year.

Hm, Shin Megami Tensei IV and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, right?

The thing is that Hashino's said that the team devoted to Persona 5 is really only focusing on that, so if we don't see it this year I wouldn't say it's actually because of those other two titles in development at Atlus.

I guess I had begun to think that a 2013 reveal was inevitable, but now that I think about it there was no basis for that... To think that people have been wishing for a P5 reveal for each TGS beginning at 2009 and there's a possibility we won't even see it this year.

For fun, this is a pattern of interview dates where something "important" about Persona 5 was mentioned:

March 2010 - August 2011 - May 2012 - August 2012
17 months -> 9 months -> 3 months

I suppose the pattern would have suggested that it was being mentioned more and more, but it's been 6 months since the last mention.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I just beat P4G recently and see that P3:FES is on PSN. Will I enjoy it as much as I liked P4G (I loved it)?

Yeah, but it's slightly condensed due to the limitations of the PSP. All of the outside activities (aside from dungeon exploration) are replaced by static images and you "hover" over them.

cj_iwakura

Yeah, but it's slightly condensed due to the limitations of the PSP. All of the outside activities (aside from dungeon exploration) are replaced by static images and you "hover" over them.

He said FES, not P3P. Not Vita compatible(to my knowledge), though.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hm, Shin Megami Tensei IV and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, right?

SMT x FE was only announced with a flash animation. No gameplay footage/pictures or anything. I don't know if that is even coming out this year.

He said FES, not P3P. Not Vita compatible(to my knowledge), though.

Derp, I kan reed.

Yes, buy FES. Use multiple saves due to the save functioning fucking up.

FluxWaveZ

SMT x FE was only announced with a flash animation. No gameplay footage/pictures or anything. I don't know if that is even coming out this year.

I just meant that those are basically the two games we know of in development at Atlus other than Persona 5.

Squire

Banned
I bet they'll include a P5 thing with SMT IV to build hype, much like SH for SMT IV.

That's a good guess. I think that's likely. Only problem is it'd stimulate the hilariously uninformed speculation that P5 is on 3DS.

It won't release in 2013. But an announcement? I'm banking on it.

FluxWaveZ

That's a good guess. I think that's likely. Only problem is it'd stimulate the hilariously uninformed speculation that P5 is on 3DS.

It won't release in 2013. But an announcement? I'm banking on it.

So a P5 announcement in May-June 2013 upon SMTIV's release, huh. Guess I could see that if it they didn't opt to have an SMT X FE tease instead. Can't say I could see either happening, though... It's so close to E3, too.

So a P5 announcement in May-June 2013 upon SMTIV's release, huh. Guess I could see that if it they didn't opt to have an SMT X FE tease instead. Can't say I could see either happening, though... It's so close to E3, too.

That actually seems sort of plausible. Though I think we'll probably be seeing SMT x FE at E3 for sure, I can't see them keeping any of the stuff they announced on the Mega Nintendo Direct in the dark for too long. That could leave other key times for some P5 info... I hope.

Paches

Derp, I kan reed.

Yes, buy FES. Use multiple saves due to the save functioning fucking up.

Thanks for the tip on the saving, will keep in mind.

Levito

Banned
Between the P3 movie announcement, P4 Arena, and P4: The Golden I was banking that they were building hype to a P5 announcement sometime around Christmas.

That prediction turned out to be quite false.

Squire

Banned
I think we'll get something to coincide with P3's films. It could be something as simple as a browser game, to be completely honest, but people have mentioned another release of P3 a few times. I feel like that's more likely each time it's mentioned and even though it'd be a total milking, I'd take it. I want FES on Vita.

Jintor

Ya'll gonna

tumblr_mitbamryEg1qh9y1co1_500.jpg

Dantis

Do you need artwork resources or anything?

I'll let you know if I do.

Yeah, I just want to know more. I don't care when it comes out, I just want to know it exists in more than just Hashino's head. :D

*sigh*

Me too.

I can't picture a Persona 5. Literally, I can't imagine it. I just for a second, think about if Persona 4 had the graphics of Catherine. It seems too good to be true.

Omikaru

I want FES on Vita.

Yes. But needs to be FES on Vita with P3P's enhancements. So female MC, direct control in battle (oh god, this, it must have this) and so on.

So P3 FESxPortable, or some such thing.

Me too.

I can't picture a Persona 5. Literally, I can't imagine it. I just for a second, think about if Persona 4 had the graphics of Catherine. It seems too good to be true.

Believe!

But as I said in the chat, my biggest P5 concern is the platform right now. I really don't want it to be gimped on the region locked 3DS. I'm seriously hoping for at least something you'd expect from the PS3/360 level of visual fidelity (for a Persona) with this one. I want a visual upgrade.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Any guesses on where the velvet room will be in P5? My favourite so far was the elevator.
I'm predicting a spaceship.

I'll let you know if I do.

*sigh*

Me too.

That would be amazing. My real dream scenario, which of course won't happen, would be for Atlus to announce P5 for the PS4.

Dantis

Most of these places aren't moving. Considering that the Velvet Room represents the player's journey, something like a room wouldn't work. :p

Sophia

Most of these places aren't moving. Considering that the Velvet Room represents the player's journey, something like a room wouldn't work. :p

If they're moving away from the Fool-representing-the-protagonist motify they've been going for, maybe it'll be a ballroom like P2?

Dantis

If they're moving away from the Fool-representing-the-protagonist motify they've been going for, maybe it'll be a ballroom like P2?

I really don't think they will move away from that. Persona 3 and 4's imagery was heavily symbolic, and I really can't see them dropping that. When you read interviews with Hashino and Soejima, it seems like they're really passionate about that stuff.

The laundromat represents the spin cycle that is life and relationships.

I like to call it 'The Circle of Wash'

Sophia

I really don't think they will move away from that. Persona 3 and 4's imagery was heavily symbolic, and I really can't see them dropping that. When you read interviews with Hashino and Soejima, it seems like they're really passionate about that stuff.

I'm not saying they'll drop the symbolism, but I do expect it to be different from what they portrayed in P3/P4.

FluxWaveZ

I wonder if they'll replace Igor's Japanese VA or if they'll stop using the character altogether.

From what I've heard, it seems that Japanese fans wouldn't be too happy if Igor's VA was replaced, so either the character will be represented in a form where he can't talk or they'll stop using him, yeah.

I wouldn't, and hope Atlus finally moves on from P3 at least.....

Same.

Also, Velvet Room will be an airplane/private jet. As the journey commences, it starts lifting off. As there's trouble and obstacles, it experiences turbulence. As the journey comes to an end, either it calmly starts to land if everything's going well or it tumbles recklessly to eventually crash if things are going real bad.

Sophia

From what I've heard, it seems that Japanese fans wouldn't be too happy if Igor's VA was replaced, so either the character will be represented in a form where he can't talk or they'll stop using him, yeah.

In otherwords, Philemon will most likely come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom