• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Just put an order for TR into Amazon today, myself.

Ascension looks good, but I definitely think it's gonna suffer from being familiar.

Also, I realized that when P5 rolls around and GiantBomb does a Quick Look, Aram won't be on it like with P4A and Catherine :/

FluxWaveZ

Also, I realized that when P5 rolls around and GiantBomb does a Quick Look, Aram won't be on it like with P4A and Catherine :/

Good, we need another Endurance Look aside from Devil Summoner 2 (and Jeff and Vinny talking as though it's another day of the Endurance Run like they did with the P1P QL).

Paches

Clown stomped by the first boss fight in P2
in the clock tower
. Is that typical? Looks like I am going to need to grind for a bit!

Levito

Banned
Jello, armada, and I already decided Mastodon would be in the P5 soundtrack.

Imagine: The eve of the game, your final test before you, everything on the line, your opponent mocks your efforts thus far.

And then it hits.

True ending boss battle begins.

Man, I used to listen to ska... I wonder if it will come back?

Imagine: The eve of the game, your final test before you, everything on the line, your opponent mocks your efforts thus far.

And then it hits.

Haha, Mastodon is pretty badass, but as for Persona 5 I'd like to hear Meguro's take on something like Refused: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8MgC2c7gVo

Or ska, ska is good.

Man, that
Mitsuo
boss fight was some bullshit. I literally staked it all on one last move when Kazuma and Kanji were the only ones left alive.

Squire

Banned
Haven't been here log at all, but PersonaGAF is indeed a great community. :3

It was great before you got here and you've only made it better :)

I move that Smash Mouths' "All Star" be the battle theme when Player Advantage is obtained!

Man, that
Mitsuo
boss fight was some bullshit. I literally staked it all on one last move when Kazuma and Kanji were the only ones left alive.

Everyone fucking hates that fight. Welcome to Persona :)

Man, that
Mitsuo

I nearly won that the first time, and then had to grind with Black Frost after losing it like four times in a row. I was super super salty.

Levito

Banned
It was great before you got here and you've only made it better :)

Awww. :D

Man, that
Mitsuo

I tend to over level my main party to absurdity, so I didn't have as many problems with that fight as most seem to. It is indeed really fucking annoying though.

Grind and it becomes far less painful. He's the only boss to retain his toughness on NG+.

I did a bit of grinding, but I was running out of time when I managed to beat it. I only had three days.

I also died in the middle of some grinding attempts when trying to Voltronimus Prime, so that was really annoying.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_m06t858MQh1rq6vomo1_500.jpg

Dantis

EP will work on Vita soon. In the mean time, it's almost March; a lot is coming out. Are you guys getting anything? I know Dantis and I are getting Tomb Raider. Levito probably is, too.

I'm getting NGS2 whenever TheHut decides to actually send my copy. Besides that... Bioshock, whenever that is, I guess? Might get DOA5+ too.

And then it hits.

Hanako shows up in a scene, cut to Blood and Thunder:

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER, WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHALE!

Squire

Banned
I'm getting NGS2 whenever TheHut decides to actually send my copy. Besides that... Bioshock, whenever that is, I guess? Might get DOA5+ too.

BioShock is out on the 26th. DOA5+ is the week before. But those are Tuesdays, you would get those on Fridays.

Dantis

I'm only renting it anyway. I don't think it'll be a game I'd want to purchase. From what I've seen, it look decent but massively overhyped.

Omikaru

My upcoming buy is basically BioShock Infinite. I'm considering Tomb Raider, but I want to see what people think of it first. I don't trust reviews enough to make a clear decision on whether to buy just yet. As for BioShock, I've bought into the hype. I'm not a big lover of shooters, but Ken Levine/Irrational haven't disappointed me yet.

Kletian

Decided to DL EP yesterday. Seem alright so far, but this Contact mechanic is flying WAY over my head, both in the strategy of using it, and it's benefits (other than the obvious Tarot Cards)

cjkeats

A heavy metal themed Persona would be the worst. Every game uses heavy metal. It's boring.
What makes Persona so damn unique is the different soundtrack. That and the crazy stylistic interfaces are what caught my attention in the first place.

So my vote goes to Ska. Ska is never not the right choice.
Actually I just don;t care, just give me a little Lotus Juice and I'll be happy. Or that girl from P3P OST. I wake up to her voice every morning.
Someone new would be great too.
Just not heavy metal.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
A heavy metal themed Persona would be the worst. Every game uses heavy metal. It's boring.
What makes Persona so damn unique is the different soundtrack. That and the crazy stylistic interfaces are what caught my attention in the first place.

Actually I just don;t care, just give me a little Lotus Juice and I'll be happy. Or that girl from P3P OST. I wake up to her voice every morning.
Just not heavy metal.

Pfft.

You listen to Fallout Boy.

Your opinion is invalided.

Dantis

Just not heavy metal.

I was kidding. I'd hate thrash metal in Persona, it wouldn't fit at all. ;)

I think it will be somewhere in between DDS2 and Persona 3. Like, heavily electronic rock. So kind of similar to Metal Gear Rising.

My upcoming buy is basically BioShock Infinite. I'm considering Tomb Raider, but I want to see what people think of it first. I don't trust reviews enough to make a clear decision on whether to buy just yet. As for BioShock, I've bought into the hype. I'm not a big lover of shooters, but Ken Levine/Irrational haven't disappointed me yet.

I loved Bioshock, but I hated people's response to it. The hyperbole was through the roof on that one.

Levito

Banned
Honestly any music beside what traditional come out of Persona wouldn't fit IMO, the soundtracks are part of the series's charm.

Can't think of many games that use actual metal in their soundtrack, lot's of games have buttrock imitation stuff though.

The Rise/Catherine art looks fantastic, reminded me of this::

Dantis

You guys seen this?

Seems Atlus are getting on the whole preorder DLC thing. As an idea, preorder DLC is fine with me. What bothers me is when it has different DLC for different retailers, like this does.

Honestly any music beside what traditional come out of Persona wouldn't fit IMO, the soundtracks are part of the series's charm.

Can't think of many games that use actual metal in their soundtrack, lot's of games have buttrock imitation stuff though.

The Rise/Catherine art looks fantastic, reminded me of this::

I can think of a few games with metal instrumental tracks, but very few with vocals.

Honestly, I think that's the best you can get. Metal is so niche, and the sub-genres are even more so.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I saw that. I don't care about it being retailer specific because they're just downloadable costumes.

A bit of a different situation, but the Famitsu exclusive P4A colors, for example, were never released as DLC either.

Sophia

You guys seen this?

Seems Atlus are getting on the whole preorder DLC thing. As an idea, preorder DLC is fine with me. What bothers me is when it has different DLC for different retailers, like this does.

Well, given that those are store promotions, it's not a big deal really. I'm more annoyed when the preorder DLC is something that actually benefits the player. Silly side outfits tied to a Lawson store chain doesn't bother me.

I can think of a few games with metal instrumental tracks, but very few with vocals.

Honestly, I think that's the best you can get. Metal is so niche, and the sub-genres are even more so.

Well, Metal's a pretty diverse genre. I mean there's a lot of sub-genre to metal. Power Metal sounds nothing like say... Death Metal.

Next Persona game should totally use Symponic Metal! Bestest sub-genre is bestest!

cjkeats

You guys seen this?

That's in Japan where Atlus are a bigger deal. Have Atlus USA ever done this?
I don't think SMT IV will sell enough to even do this in NA. I don't even think a Persona game could. I mean I have never seen a copy of P4G outside of a single EB in my town that has 4 of them. P4A was never available at wal-mart, and Best Buy never got it until months after.

cjkeats

Only thing I think that approaches this was the censored box art for Catherine, but that's pretty much it and really isn't the same thing.

Well that was just Best Buy being all huffy. Wasn't that just a slip cover anyways? I've never seen it in stores, my BB just has the regular ass cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom