• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Actually no! Someone I was following retweeted him and I was like "huh this guy's a writer and likes Persona, FOLLOW."

Rest is history.

Ah.

Cuz see, Ron has this nasty little retweeting habit. He should seek professional help. :D

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So remember how Dante was the weird summon in Nocturne?

What if, what if... What if Bayonetta in SMT4?

this is persona community. whatever, close enough. honestly i think they should be just be in one thread. its the same people posting anyways

Dantis

To those in the Steam chat that I abandoned, my laptop has a temperamental charger that won't charge unless it is in a very specific position, which basically means that I can't charge it whilst I use it. Battery was critical so I had to leave. :p

this is persona community. whatever, close enough. honestly i think they should be just be in one thread. its the same people posting anyways

Nothankyou.jpeg

Well, I do hope you're going to get it eventually, right? They'll fix the Vita issue at some point (max 2 weeks, apparently), but for now I'm playing it on the PS3 and I'm really enjoying it. There are things that are relatively tedious compared to what was in P2:IS for the PSP (such as no on-screen map and convoluted battle menus), but those are minor compared to everything else that I'm loving in it.

Honestly, I'm not sure. It would cost me $20 and I'd only be able to play it on my PS3. I'm not entirely sure that it would be worth it.

Cheers for the impressions though!

Trigger

That would be funny. I actually like cameos. I wouldn't mind it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It wouldn't surprise me to see Demi-fiend/Hitowhatever in there somewhere as a secret boss/summon.

I'm sure he will be. He's the most popular regular SMT character at this point. Pixiv still has constant fanart of him. Makes me wish they'd make a 3-2 or something.

Soma

Oh god yes.

What demon race would she be?

Levito

Banned
Credit to Armada.

BEJs_icCUAA1pBt.jpg:large

CH-CH-CH-CHIE

Noi

That Skullgirls thread... Ugh, so many armchair programmers saying that $150k is way too much. They should work and fix the industry then!

No. I don't know why people want a twitter feed with 2-3 tweets in it. If something's funny or a good point is made I might retweet it. Nothing to crazy though, haha.

I'm (mostly) kidding! It was probably cause you followed me during an event period so the first thing I saw in your profile was a million retweets.

And I don't have 2-3 tweets in it, but you'd be the majority of the new tweets! ;D

Squire

Banned
That Skullgirls thread... Ugh, so many armchair programmers saying that $150k is way too much. They should work and fix the industry then!

Yeah, that thread is fucking infuriating.

I'm (mostly) kidding! It was probably cause you followed me during an event period so the first thing I saw in your profile was a million retweets.

And I don't have 2-3 tweets in it, but you'd be the majority of the new tweets! ;D

Nah, I know. That does happen with me during events though. Basically press conferences and awards shows.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, that thread is fucking infuriating.
A lot of the same people who bitch about DLC who don't know that budgets are made with DLC profits made in mind. So maybe something is on the disc, but that team probably wouldn't have even gotten to make that stuff on the disc if they couldn't tell the programmers, 'look if you increase our budget, we can sell this. we'll have more time to work on this.'

Which is why I'm not sweating the SMT costumes.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, I mean I agree, but SkullGirls is already a downloadable title and the issue with that thread is more that people seem to think adding a character to a fighting game is this cheap, menial task that any moron could do. It's absolutely not.

But yeah, I agree with your post in regards to our earlier DLC discussion.

Noi

That's on top of people ignoring that Lab Zero don't have any base DLC funds at all cause of their publisher being in a legal battle, which is the reason why the indiegogo thing happened in the first place.

People can't read.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That's on top of people ignoring that Lab Zero don't have any base DLC funds at all cause of their publisher being in a legal battle, which is the reason why the indiegogo thing happened in the first place.

People can't read.

Most of them just choose to ignore the facts right in front of their faces.

A lot of the same people who bitch about DLC who don't know that budgets are made with DLC profits made in mind. So maybe something is on the disc, but that team probably wouldn't have even gotten to make that stuff on the disc if they couldn't tell the programmers, 'look if you increase our budget, we can sell this. we'll have more time to work on this.'

I mean this is still a crappy practice though?

Which is why I'm not sweating the SMT costumes.

I'm not sweating the SMT4 costumes because they will almost assuredly be available through other means in-game.

So I got Fate/ Extra today. The whole thing reminds me of Persona 3, the dungeons, the weakness system, the extra turns, school setting, and the Day system. Pretty cool I guess.

Squire

Banned
So I got Fate/ Extra today. The whole thing reminds me of Persona 3, the dungeons, the weakness system, the extra turns, school setting, and the Day system. Pretty cool I guess.

Someone told me they thought I would like that, pretty recently. I've been meaning to get into Fate.

Squire

Banned
Fate/Zero is pretty fucking amazing, definitely recommended.

That's what has me wanting to finally get into the franchise. Zero's a prequel, right? I might just start with that. They've cast my favorite voice actress as Saber in the dub.

Is "Fate" an anime? I really don't know, I just heard that Fate/Extra was a pretty good game so I picked it up.

Fate/stay night is a visual novel by Type-Moon that was adapted into an anime that begat Fate/Zero, Fate/Extra and other various spin-offs.

Levito

Banned
That's what has me wanting to finally get into the franchise. Zero's a prequel, right? I might just start with that. They've cast my favorite voice actress as Saber in the dub.

Yup Zero is a prequel, widely considered by far the best thing in the franchise.

I actually haven't seen anything other than Zero, but holy balls was it good.

FluxWaveZ

What do you guys feel about the use of Japanese honorifics in Persona?

I was reminded of their absence in the P2 duology recently after playing EP. I wouldn't say they're distracting in P3 and P4 and I know there's that Famitsu article about their appreciation for its usage in P4G, however I have to say something like "Miss Amano" simply sounds more natural than "Amano-san", especially when it comes to English voice acting. Like, I don't necessarily feel that those are required for the sake of immersion.

What do you guys feel about the use of Japanese honorifics in Persona?

I was reminded of their absence in the P2 duology recently after playing EP. I wouldn't say they're distracting in P3 and P4 and I know there's that Famitsu article about their appreciation for its usage in P4G, however I have to say something like "Miss Amano" simply sounds more natural than "Amano-san", especially when it comes to English voice acting. Like, I don't necessarily feel that those are required for the sake of immersion.

Kuns and Senpai's are in P2ISP

Squire

Banned
I actually like them. I see them as a quirk - a wrinkle in the series personality - and a small way the games acknowledge what they are and where they come from. I'm not sure if I'd be sad if they removed them, but I know I think they shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom