• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

It really isn't. People get so upset over OPTIONAL things, it's ridiculous. No one is forcing you to download any DLC or pay for microtransactions. None of it.

You know what I do. Sit back, think "Is this worth the money to me?" If so, yes, then I'll buy it and give the developers some extra money for their hard work.

All I'm saying is that if you put "I don't like retailer specific preorder DLC" as an excerpt in your book, it would make for somewhat uninteresting reading.

It's not really an extreme thing to say.

Noi

It really isn't. People get so upset over OPTIONAL things, it's ridiculous. No one is forcing you to download any DLC or pay for microtransactions. None of it.

You know what I do. Sit back, think "Is this worth the money to me?" If so, yes, then I'll buy it and give the developers some extra money for their hard work, if not, I completely ignore it. And there's no use arguing this point to people like that because they already have the idea planted in their heads that "OMG I SPENT 60 DOLLARS ON THSI AND NOW THEY WANT MOER SHOULD MAED TEH FULL GAMEZ." When it really shows they have no idea how the development process works.

This isn't quite the same as being annoyed at certain DLC being locked to retailers with no other way to obtain it afterward, whether paid or otherwise. :/

FluxWaveZ

Well, prepubescent girl. The argument mostly hinges on if loli has a connotation of being sexualized or not.

I'm not really into discussing that here (or even in that crazy thread), all I'm saying was what they did so that the views of those who posted in that thread wouldn't be misconstrued.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
This isn't quite the same as being annoyed at certain DLC being locked to retailers with no other way to obtain it afterward, whether paid or otherwise. :/

Correct, but it still doesn't change my stance that there are far too many entitled gamers out there who get mad over something as stupid as a costume.

Noi

Correct, but it still doesn't change my stance that there are far too many entitled gamers out there who get mad over something as stupid as a costume.

Oh, that's totally fair. I only get iffy over DLC prices if it seems obvious that they're overcharging for it (see: P4A and PS All-Star's DLC), but not over the fact that there's DLC in the first place unless the evidence that it WAS ripped from the main game is pretty damning like it was for ME3 and Arkham City.

Sophia

Yeah, there's a pretty clear difference between "We made extra DLC content and want to be paid for it" and "You can't get this now because you weren't willing to drop down $60 at this EXACT moment now at this EXACT retailer."

Daimaou

I'm not really into discussing that here (or even in that crazy thread), all I'm saying was what they did so that the views of those who posted in that thread wouldn't be misconstrued.

I'm not particularly interested either. Like you, I was mostly clarifying.

I unfortunately spent a lot of time on 4chan when I was younger and made poorer decisions.

Levito

Banned
DLC specific to certain retailers doesn't bother me, it's usually throw away junk that I don't care about, that and it's usually made available to everyone later one.

What I do hate is on disk DLC, that should be fucking illegal.

Also, whoever thinks Nanako is a loli is out of their minds.

Dantis

*blinks at the loli thread*

What the hell? That thread is fucking MESSED UP.

Yup.

DLC specific to certain retailers doesn't bother me, it's usually throw away junk that I don't care about, that and it's usually made available to everyone later one.

What I do hate is on disk DLC, that should be fucking illegal.

Also, whoever thinks Nanako is a loli is out of their minds.
On-disk DLC can go either way for me. Sometimes I feel like it genuinely was a separate production, and in that situation I'm fine with it. I'm not going to get up in arms just because I'm not literally downloading the additional data.

Levito

Banned
On-disk DLC can go either way for me. Sometimes I feel like it genuinely was a separate production, and in that situation I'm fine with it. I'm not going to get up in arms just because I'm not literally downloading the additional data.

If it's on the disk already, it should be yours. They don't sell blurays with special feature's locked on the disk that you have to pay for after you already bought it. Least that's how I look at it.

Sophia

It's been going for three days. I imagine bish is sitting at his computer with a notepad and a list of usernames and he's just waiting for the right moment.

Yeah it's really bad. That kind of discussion makes /a/ look mature. -_-

If it's on the disk already, it should be yours. They don't sell blurays with special feature's locked on the disk that you have to pay for after you already bought it. Least that's how I look at it.

They already have enough ads and "special features" on a lot of Blu-Ray discs anyhow... >.<;

Noi

I don't mind on-disc DLC so much as the way Capcom did it for SFxT and Dragon's Dogma. In the former, having the characters "made" but locked in the disc for 6 months was an incredibly shitty idea.

Dantis

...So March is coming up. Persona 5 announcement? I remain as hopeful as ever.

(We need to move our conversation away from their conversation, I think.)

Sophia

I'm hoping. Any day now I'll wake up and Famitsu will have that P5 announcement. Or maybe a P3 Movie trailer.

Daimaou

The fetishizing of Nanako needs to stop. I think people take that marriage line and just fucking run with it!

This is a thing?

o_O

I... I can't even

I remember when I was this naive. I miss those days.

I hope we get another 15-20 minute trailer, like with P3 and P4.

Squire

Banned
I'm hoping. Any day now I'll wake up and Famitsu will have that P5 announcement. Or maybe a P3 Movie trailer.

I'm hopeful for Narch. It'd be great if they teased P5 with P3's first movie. I dunno. I feel like a lot is happening right now.

FluxWaveZ

The fetishizing of Nanako needs to stop. I think people take that marriage line and just fucking run with it!

No one's doing that (on NeoGAF)... except for that one dude in the P4G thread who asked if it was possible to romance her.

That'd be nice. Not expecting it anymore, however.

They've already said we won't have a P3 The Movie update until Spring, by the way.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh, that's totally fair. I only get iffy over DLC prices if it seems obvious that they're overcharging for it (see: P4A and PS All-Star's DLC), but not over the fact that there's DLC in the first place unless the evidence that it WAS ripped from the main game is pretty damning like it was for ME3 and Arkham City.

P4A's DLC was overpriced, which is why I never bought any of it. Now I'm not gonna scream bloody murder about it, just go "meh" and go on my merry way.

I rarely buy that much DLC as it is, I think the only DLC I bought in the past year was the BL2 Season Pass.

Sophia

I'm hopeful for Narch. It'd be great if they teased P5 with P3's first movie. I dunno. I feel like a lot is happening right now.

I wanna know more about the P3 movie and how extensive they're gonna get with it. Is it gonna be a straight by-the-books adaption like P4 was? Or are they going to make full use of the extensive P3 Drama CDs, side stories and novels? Cuz there's a lot of those.

They've already said we won't have a P3 The Movie update until Spring, by the way.

Really? Where was this? Sounds like it's gonna be after Devil Survivor 2 the animation. I really don't want Seiji Kishi to direct. He's more of a comedy director and it wouldn't mesh well with P3's style.

Squire

Banned
I wanna know more about the P3 movie and how extensive they're gonna get with it. Is it gonna be a straight by-the-books adaption like P4 was? Or are they going to make full use of the extensive P3 Drama CDs, side stories and novels? Cuz there's a lot of those..

For starters I'm glad it's a multi-film project. I quite enjoyed P4A and they way they seemed to circumvent the length of the narrative, but I think they could definitely benefit from a more LOTR-like approach.

One day I'll wake up and you'll all have been talking about Persona 5 for like eight hours and it'll be old news.

Hahaha, oh man. Your first post that day will be great!

Guess Who

Banned

Do you use Windows? The Windows 7 disk, for instance, contains the data for every edition, from Home to Ultimate - but if all you purchased was a Home serial number, that's the edition that gets installed.

Sophia

O_O

I am already hyped.

Photo from the feed.

aw01Z

Levito

Banned
Tweetdeck makes twitter pretty manageable, never use the vanilla twitter page. Wouldn't have found all you folks had someone not randomly retweeted Ron!

Dantis

Photo from the feed.

aw01Z

Haha, I love how Meguro looks completely not like a rock musician. Like, you see Daisuke Ishiwatari from Arc ad he looks exactly how you'd expect. Meguro looks like a Japanese businessman.

Tweetdeck makes twitter pretty manageable, never use the vanilla twitter page. Wouldn't have found all you folks had someone not randomly retweeted Ron!

I have Twitter, but I never use it. I follow some celebrities, but that's as far as it goes.

Squire

Banned

If you're on Mac/iOS, TweetBot is worth it. Hands down the best twitter app I've used. I know a number of gaffers use it. It's great!

Levito

Banned
Do you use Windows? The Windows 7 disk, for instance, contains the data for every edition, from Home to Ultimate - but if all you purchased was a Home serial number, that's the edition that gets installed.

Yeah I'm aware of that, I roll out and build software distribution packages and Window's images at work all the time, I just don't equate it to the same thing. Windows has multiple skews, they make you aware of what you're getting with whatever iteration you buy. They adjust the price to try and fit the needs of the users accordingly, a student for example it's going to need all the feature's of an enterprise level OS. Fair point on your part all the same though.

Locking modes or skins on a disk and saying it's "downloadable content" is just lame. It's always massive publishers that do it before anyone else too, as opposed to smaller ones.

Maybe developers like CD Project and ArenaNet have just spoiled me, they both give out insane amounts of free content for their games all the time.

FluxWaveZ

Mmmmm...

Should I buy?

Well, I do hope you're going to get it eventually, right? They'll fix the Vita issue at some point (max 2 weeks, apparently), but for now I'm playing it on the PS3 and I'm really enjoying it. There are things that are relatively tedious compared to what was in P2:IS for the PSP (such as no on-screen map and convoluted battle menus), but those are minor compared to everything else that I'm loving in it.

I'm only 4 hours in, but I can now cement P2's place as my second favorite Persona game behind P3FES, especially concerning the characters. I hadn't considered it before, but there's a totally different vibe when the cast is just full of adults compared to high school kids. Scenes like the cast hanging out in the corner of a seedy looking bar, drinking alcohol with one dude smoking wouldn't happen in any of the other Persona games.

I appreciate the difficulty, as well. Between Normal on P4G and P2:IS (and even P3P), I'm liking the fact that there is no difficulty option here and that things are relatively difficult.

Then there's the story... I can say with conviction having played part of it now that I'm definitely glad I played IS first. This might be a case of those who played EP first preferring it that way and vice-versa for those who played IS first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom