• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem I had with Kanji is that he had the bizarre trait of not knowing what pheromones were...but had a full grasp on the concept of reverse psychology. Huh?

Mind you, looking at the trailer for Arena that comes with Golden, it seems I'm going to have a lot more problems with him in the future...

FluxWaveZ

Indeed, heh. Alternate fan art:
8XMJoN2l.jpg

Don't know if this was posted before, but I really like the style.

Young Magus

Coming from the other thread, Sophia made an interesting point:

Endgame P4 spoilers:
One of the best underlying aspects of Persona 4 is when you realize that Yosuke in the hospital room is acting just like his shadow was in the boss battle early on. It's subtle, but it really shows how much he still has to grow.

Did anyone else made the connection or did it go over the head of everyone else?

Sophia

Coming from the other thread, Sophia made an interesting point:

Did anyone else made the connection or did it go over the head of everyone else?

Heh. I was gonna go to bed, but then I saw your post. Massive P4 spoilers incoming ahoy!

People compare Adachi to the protaognist, but he's actually more of a foil to Yosuke than anything. But yeah, Yosuke's basically acting with a lot of resentment towards Nanako's supposed killer there. Just like how his shadow demonstrated resentment towards the town, Saki, and the murders.

There's a whole ton of these little neat details. It's why I love the franchise. Even the infamous second hotsprings scene from Golden has one. :p

I see Adachi as someone Yosuke could become like if he does not keep his anger and apathy in check, which he thankfully does.

Young Magus

Heh. I was gonna go to bed, but then I saw your post. Massive P4 spoilers incoming ahoy!

People compare Adachi to the protaognist, but he's actually more of a foil to Yosuke than anything. But yeah, Yosuke's basically acting with a lot of resentment towards Nanako's supposed killer there. Just like how his shadow demonstrated resentment towards the town, Saki, and the murders.

There's a whole ton of these little neat details. It's why I love the franchise. Even the infamous second hotsprings scene from Golden has one. :p

I was able to see the connections between Adachi and Yosuke, but I never saw his shadow traits appear in Dec. till now actually. Good eye there

Also, no P2EP on vita makes Magus something something.....

Sophia

I was able to see the connections between Adachi and Yosuke, but I never saw his shadow traits appear in Dec. till now actually. Good eye there

Also, no P2EP on vita makes Magus something something.....

Not so much a good eye on my part. I only realized it after part of the details had been pointed out to me due to reading one too many forums and various websites, though they were more talking about Adachi and how he relates to Yosuke.

A slightly more crude one most people probably missed: Look at the mini-boss of the Marukyu Striptease. You can see the symbols for Male and Female on it.
It's a white colored snake. It's arcana is Lovers. You're in a Striptease.
You're welcome. =P

Dantis

OH GOD SO MANY NEW POSTS.

Maybe the fact that the Persona Team was officially trademarked is a sign that the team was given a meaningful degree of creative freedom.

It sounds like they have an incredible amount of freedom as it is. If you read about Soejima and Hashino going to pitch Catherine to the higher ups, they say something along the lines of "We only go away with it because we work for Atlus".

Squire

Banned
The obvious DeSu 2 re-release Duckroll has been mentioning for months has finally been announced at a screening event for the anime. It's going to be featured in a March issue of Famitsu.

So no P5 this month. Bummer.

Dantis

The obvious DeSu 2 re-release Duckroll has been mentioning for months has finally been announced at a screening event for the anime. It's going to be featured in a March issue of Famitsu.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

...I want to smash something.

Taruranto

And next month, tune in for some P3 milking!

Meia

Give me portable with actual running around like Fes, skill cards, beefed up optional stuff(desert of doors was disappointing to me), the femMC, and I will happily buy this game like a 5th time(or is it 6th at this point? Original, Fes, Portable, Fes PSN, ok, 5th time). :p

Yosuke being like his shadow or the villain, hrm. Didn't really draw a comparison to his shadow in December as the anger is kind of more justified than it was as his shadow, not to mention it's only those two times we actually see him pissed off over the course of the game(in a non comic relief role). I could see the villain comparison though.

Wow, that connection between
Adachi and Yosuke and Yosuke acting like his Shadow
are two I never really saw when I played through it. Thinking about it, it definitely makes sense... the first one more than the second-- but I can definitely see where the second one comes in. I'm probably just dense, but I didn't notice it *as well* when I played through, but I could tell that
Yosuke was being uncharacteristically asshole-ish... much more than any way he's acted towards Kanji at that specific cutscene
. Definitely some cool stuff to think about though.

Also, I'd love to see a P3 FES Golden (Blue edition? lol) for portables or something. But I'd still prefer it to be on 3DS as I've said in the past.
Vita needs to hurry up and price drop so I can buy it already.

FluxWaveZ

I thought Famitsu was weekly?

Not that I was expecting it anyways.

A slightly more crude one most people probably missed: Look at the mini-boss of the Marukyu Striptease. You can see the symbols for Male and Female on it.
It's a white colored snake. It's arcana is Lovers. You're in a Striptease.
You're welcome. =P

I don't see the connection between Yosuke's anger in the hospital and the hatred that his Shadow manifested; seems too far-fetched to me. But yeah, "Lustful", "Amorous" and "Carnal" Snake all represent sexuality.

Dantis

Also, I'd love to see a P3 FES Golden (Blue edition? lol) for portables or something. But I'd still prefer it to be on 3DS as I've said in the past.
Vita needs to hurry up and price drop so I can buy it already.

If they put it on 3DS over Vita I would be pissed beyond belief.

It's cool though, because I doubt the 3DS could run it with the team Atlus would be putting on it.

If they put it on 3DS over Vita I would be pissed beyond belief.

It's cool though, because I doubt the 3DS could run it with the team Atlus would be putting on it.

:(

They can put it on both man, I'm cool with that, I just want the chance to finally play some Persona re-releases too!

Now if oonly DeSu 2 was Summoner 2 instead of Survivor 2...

why must Devil Summoner be so expensive. Atlus pls i just want to play some Raidou

Squire

Banned
I thought Famitsu was weekly?

Not that I was expecting it anyways.

Yeah, Famitsu is weekly, but you figure Atlus wouldn't cram two announcements so close together.

Then again, they're gonna update people on Dragon's Crown this months, too. So, maybe they do have multiple announcements? I dunno. I think P5 is out.

Dantis

Yeah, Famitsu is weekly, but you figure Atlus wouldn't cram two announcements so close together.

Then again, they're gonna update people on Dragon's Crown this months, too. So, maybe they do have multiple announcements? I dunno. I think P5 is out.

I am inclined to agree, unfortunately.

Bloody depressing. :(

FluxWaveZ

Well Persona 1 PSP and P3P were announced in the same month and Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena were announced very close together, but maybe Persona 5's too big for something like that.

But yeah, lost hope on a March reveal a while back. I think we'll only end up hearing about it after SMTIV is released.

Dantis

It has occurred to me how hilarious the P5 announcement will be. Whatever it is, there are gonna be major meltdowns.

It has occurred to me how hilarious the P5 announcement will be. Whatever it is, there are gonna be major meltdowns.

For the Persona 5 announcement, I just want in some Famitsu article for the top of the page to just have "PERSONA 5" and then for them to pick five random characters and show them on the page in the art-- not the 3D models or anything. Say nothing about the characters at all, just show five of them.

I just want to see what would happen in that case.

For the Persona 5 announcement, I just want in some Famitsu article for the top of the page to just have "PERSONA 5" and then for them to pick five random characters and show them on the page in the art-- not the 3D models or anything. Say nothing about the characters at all, just show five of them.

I just want to see what would happen in that case.

In the bottom left corner, a tiny box that lists the platform as "Browser Game"

Meia

It's funny, but I'd also agree with Fes.

I hadn't played through Fes since it originally came out, so the last I had played was P3P, then P4. It was.....jarring to walk everywhere, notice how much better the animation quality was, how much the removing of cut scenes took away from many moments in the game, etc.

P3P had far better social links with the female MC, removed the annoying angle of Social Linking from 3(member of the opposite sex MUST be romanced!), and had the skill cards add a lot to the game in terms of persona building and farming. Basically, it took what P4 did to improve/change the formula and added it to the game.

Even with all of that though, I'd still say Fes slightly. The real answer would be Fes with all the improvements P3P had, which is why I do actually hope for a real version of P3P on the Vita, though I know it's highly unlikely. Given that then, you just get more out of playing Fes than you do P3P just because of presentation, which is a shame. :(

Um, of course not. They'll also have iOS and Android versions. Personas are now literally cards and gameplay consists of playing a strip card game with your SLinks. New Personas are gained via micro-transactions. Welcome to he future.

Well if you insist... I GUESS we can accept it. Just this one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom