• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSX

PnG6WWs.jpg

Was this posted in here, I don't remember.

When i saw that in the loli design thread, i was in tears lololol

Meia

Whenever I try to describe the series to anyone unfamiliar with it, I always refer to the combat like pokemon, cause it's an apt comparison. Keeping a varied assortment of personas on you with differing elemental strengths and weaknesses tailor made to take out what you're currently facing, including leveling them up or getting new ones to try and stay ahead of the curve? How is that NOT like pokemon? :p

Speaking of JYB, when I was playing Golden a while back, I used the SOS systsm. It was answered by two characters named Ichigo and Vash.

JYB and JYB were helping JYB.

Dantis

So I had a crazy thought regarding SMT x FE:

What if it's actually a new game which is more like Persona x FE?

We're assuming that Hashino is involved based on his previous comments, and SMT and Fire Emblem clash pretty heavily in terms of gameplay. What if SMT x FE is more like a Persona game, but with Fire Emblem style battles in place of Tartarus/Midnight Channel? Then you leave the battle field and build up your S Links or whatever. So it literally combines aspects of both games.

The reason I was thinking about this is because 4PlayerPodcast were comparing the FE support system to the S Link system in Persona, albeit not as complex.

It sounds kind of crazy, but I think it's... feasible?

Thoughts?

We're assuming that Hashino is involved based on his previous comments, and SMT and Fire Emblem clash pretty heavily in terms of gameplay. What if SMT x FE is more like a Persona game, but with Fire Emblem style battles in place of Tartarus/Midnight Channel? Then you leave the battle field and build up your S Links or whatever. So it literally combines aspects of both games.

The reason I was thinking about this is because 4PlayerPodcast were comparing the FE support system to the S Link system in Persona, albeit not as complex.

Thoughts?

Except it's SMTxFE and not PxFE and the only thing shown of it has absolutely no Persona

Trigger

Thoughts?

I think that would be a fun game, but I doubt that's how SMT x FE will play.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It's a strange crossover that's for sure.

Seems interesting, but shame I'll more than likely never play it. I have no interest in buying a Wii U at any time in the future.

Persona86

Banned

Thoughts?
Could be possible, maybe they take a little influence from every SMT and spin offs.

It's a strange crossover that's for sure.

Seems interesting, but shame I'll more than likely never play it. I have no interest in buying a Wii U at any time in the future.

Don't you buy consoles for games your interested in? I fail to see the logic here.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Because there will never be another game on that console you never want to play right?
We all know Persona 5 will be Wii U exclusive.
lol

Considering that I'm more than likely picking up a PS4 first and I don't care for Nintendo's first party offerings anymore or the controls. Probably not.

I've gone this long without buying a Wii for that reason.

Pssh, we all know P5 is a 3DS exclusive.

Meia

Ok, so I'm starting persona 2: IS for the first time ever, and have to say, so far I'm digging this way more than persona 1 for some reason. The characters are just kind of grabbing me.

FluxWaveZ

Ok, so I'm starting persona 2: IS for the first time ever, and have to say, so far I'm digging this way more than persona 1 for some reason. The characters are just kind of grabbing me.

Persona 1 was the worst in the series in terms of characters. Story was also pretty boring. But I'm glad I played it before P2 because the references and cameos make it worth it.

Trigger

Innocent Sin has a fantastic cast. I really do hope we get to see them again in some form.

FluxWaveZ

Innocent Sin has a fantastic cast. I really do hope we get to see them again in some form.

I think I'm starting to like Eternal Punishment's cast even more because they're not a bunch of high school kids, which makes for a totally different group dynamic.

Daimaou

I think I'm starting to like Eternal Punishment's cast even more because they're not a bunch of high school kids, which makes for a totally different group dynamic.

I kind of hope they go with an older cast for P5. A lot of people say college/university, but I want older than that, even.

Give me middle-aged salarymen!

Persona86

Banned
I kind of hope they go with an older cast for P5. A lot of people say college/university, but I want older than that, even.

Give me middle-aged salarymen!
A variety of ages would work well.

There are so many possibilities, I hope they don't do school again, if they do at least focus more on teachers or something.

Or something like I've mentioned before:

Persona86 said:
Or a detective/private detective. :)

Social Links with clients, co workers, family etc and interesting cases as side stories.

Persona86

Banned
Between Katsuya, Dojima, Naoto and the entirety of Persona 4's major theme, I'd want Persona 5 to not have to do much with detectives/investigation.

Well in my imagination it would be nothing like Persona 4 at all. But I can see where your coming from, I want it to be as unique and fresh as possible.

Luckily for us they said they are planning to make big changes, like the big change of adding Social Links to Persona 3.

Dantis

A variety of ages would work well.

There are so many possibilities, I hope they don't do school again, if they do at least focus more on teachers or something.

Or something like I've mentioned before:

I'd like a variety of ages too. I think it's possible, considering how frequently it's requested.

Shame we won't find out for a while now though. :/

Well keep your eyes open for more interesting games, and then when the price drops it should be well worth your money.

More games on the Wii U?

Not sure about that one!

FluxWaveZ

I'm not totally sure I get what you guys mean by a variety of ages. Like, middle school children with high school kids with young adults with old people?

Persona86

Banned
I'm not totally sure I get what you guys mean by a variety of ages. Like, middle school children with high school kids with young adults with old people?

Like previous Persona games you can meet different people at different places, or your team member could be someone random, like the mayor lol. It would be boring if everyone in your social links and team mates were highschool students.

Persona86

Banned
i'm cracking up thinking about old men with personas

LOL Persona 5 set at an old peoples home, nobody believes their stories, but at midnight they all enter the mirror in the disabled toilet, where they battle shadows who are sucking the life out of all the old people in town. They must save the town before every old person dies.

Anyway I think it would be pretty cool to have an old character with a persona, especially if he/she's cool and wise.

I'd like a variety of ages too. I think it's possible, considering how frequently it's requested.

Shame we won't find out for a while now though. :/
You never know, we might get surprised.

More games on the Wii U?

Not sure about that one!

Well SMT X Fire Emblem came out of nowhere, who knows how many games there are hidden away waiting to surprise us. :)

Anyway I'm a big Zelda fan, so that alone will make my future Wii U purchase worth it. That along with 3D Mario, Bayonetta 2, X etc

Dantis

I'd be up for that in Persona 5, but I feel that it's something that was done in IS with Eikichi, Ginko and Tatsuya in the former age range along with Maya and Yukino in the latter.

I honestly have no idea what to expect from P5. I really wish they'd stop beating around the bush and just show the damn thing.

Anyway I think it would be pretty cool to have an old character with a persona, especially if he/she's cool and wise.

No thank you. That's a little heavy on the cliche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom