• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Guys.

Hey, guys.

Tomb Raider is fucking amazing. Definitely the best game I've played so far this year, and I can't imagine anything topping it for me.

Metal-Gear-Solid-Rising-Wide.png

sup

Meia

Yeah....Tomb Raider is pretty damn good so far. Love Uncharted, so figured I'd like this, and I do...

....but damn QTEs to hell. I was close to stopping in frustration, then I got to over an hour of no QTEs after like 20 in the first hour and a half. :p

Levito

Banned
Did any of you happen to get Sim City today? It looks really good, although it looks like it's have a Diablo 3-esq launch thanks to the always online DRM.

Plot Twist: At E3 this year, they reveal that SMT x FE was just the concept name

Now its Persona x FE

And it's Persona 5.

Fire Emblem becomes entwined with Persona FOREVER.

Meia

And then I immediately go to Gamestop, and buy a Wii U with tears in my eyes knowing I'm AGAIN falling into the Nintendo trap of "One or two games a year."

:p

Then again, went much the same way buying the Vita once Golden was announced.

Levito

Banned
Unless there's a massive price drop on the Vita in the coming months, it's over. It'll probably never quite reach "Dreamcast" status but it'll never quite reach the potential it could've had either.

Unless there's a massive price drop on the Vita in the coming months, it's over. It'll probably never quite reach "Dreamcast" status but it'll never quite reach the potential it could've had either.

1. isn't there actually a price drop coming?
  2. it's p. funny that Capcom is porting RER to everything but the vita

Squire

Banned
Guys.

Hey, guys.

Tomb Raider is fucking amazing. Definitely the best game I've played so far this year, and I can't imagine anything topping it for me.

I've been waiting for UPS to bring it all day :(

Are you posting in the OT or is it still a den of hatred?

Dantis

I've been waiting for UPS to bring it all day :(

Are you posting in the OT or is it still a den of hatred?

I posted once, but that's it. People are posting some very silly things. Amazing how someone can play it for three hours and swear blind it's just the poor man's Uncharted.

I also fear spoilers. I'm loving the story and characters, so I'd be pretty saddened if someone forgot to mark something in there, as sometimes happens.

Squire

Banned
I posted once, but that's it. People are posting some very silly things. Amazing how someone can play it for three hours and swear blind it's just the poor man's Uncharted.

Yeah, it quickly became very apparent I basically wouldn't be able to use that thread.

I'm starting to realize how fortunate we all were in the P4G OT in that we pretty much all got along and weren't ridiculously unreasonable with criticisms.

Jintor

Yeah, it quickly became very apparent I basically wouldn't be able to use that thread.

I'm starting to realize how fortunate we all were in the P4G OT in that we pretty much all got along and weren't ridiculously unreasonable with criticisms.

The crits got out of the way four years ago :D

FluxWaveZ

Most people I've seen talk about the game in threads here are highly enjoying it.

Noi

I also fear spoilers. I'm loving the story and characters, so I'd be pretty saddened if someone forgot to mark something in there, as sometimes happens.

I actually prefer that to the opposite: An OT where people are overly positive to the point where people with any criticism are chased out or even worse, people being "chased" out for not thinking the game is the bee's knees.

Granted, I'm probably never going to play Tomb Raider cause it looks thoroughly uninteresting to me. I've got other stuff to play!

It'll never reach Dreamcast status because Dreamcast was the best system ever.

Squire

Banned
I actually prefer that to the opposite: An OT where people are overly positive to the point where people with any criticism are chased out or even worse, people being "chased" out for not thinking the game is the bee's knees.

Granted, I'm probably never going to play Tomb Raider cause it looks thoroughly uninteresting to me. I've got other stuff to play!

Yeah, I mean negative criticism is always more interesting than positive, but I stuck around for probably 15-20 pages of the TR OT and it was basically the same old criticisms being regurgitated by people who just can't handle the idea that it might be a good game. It got old.

Dantis

You must have hated the Golden OT then.

Noi

You must have hated the Golden OT then.

I wasn't posting in it early cause I didn't have the game. By then, everyone had beaten it/settled in. :p

I ordered FE:Awakening a moment ago. I still loathe it's character designs with a passion but hey the gameplay should be good.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Excuse me, my future Wii U will be seeing a lot of use with Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.

My futur..

oh wait.

Until April, anyway.

Yes, this.

I ordered FE:Awakening a moment ago. I still loathe it's character designs with a passion but hey the gameplay should be good.

Is it the whole no feet thing?

My MC is boss. Made her look like my old CoH character.

It'll never reach Dreamcast status because Dreamcast was the best system ever.

Hahahah.

No.

Vita quadrupled it's sales in Japan and received a price cut.

Nothing announced for NA/EU YET. But we will probably see one soon or at E3.

The Vita is fine, plenty of software coming out in the coming months.

Levito

Banned
The Dreamcast was indeed a damn fine system. I begged my parents to get me one just because I wanted to play Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 so badly.

Those were literally the only 2 games I ever had for the system. :p

Vita quadrupled it's sales in Japan and received a price cut.

Which was still less than half what the 3DS sold. It's just not lucrative for a lot of developers.

The only Vita game I'm getting for sure is Killzone, maybe Muramasa.

cj_iwakura

I have around 20 DC games. It's a great niche system, lots of great fighters too, namely Project Justice and a ton of SNK stuff(Last Blade, Garou, etc.).

Noi

Is it the whole no feet thing?

My MC is boss. Made her look like my old CoH character.

Character design. FE7's roster look like they belong on the battlefield. Awakening's are a mess and waaaaaay too anime-inspired for my liking.

The no feet thing is irksome, but whatever, I can deal.

Which was still less than half what the 3DS sold. It's just not lucrative for a lot of developers.

Tell that to Kadokawa, Compile Heart and now Marvelous' Vita games selling out in a week from launch. It's obviously not gonna sell as much as the 3DS, but it's far from dead, especially in Japan.

It had Space Channel 5, Jet Set Radio, Skies of Arcadia, Crazy Taxi, Ikaruga... omg. It was just a perfect system. God bless Dreamcast. #neverforget

Dantis

I have around 20 DC games. It's a great niche system, lots of great fighters too, namely Project Justice and a ton of SNK stuff(Last Blade, Garou, etc.).

Same here.

I love Project Justice. Akira was a really great protagonist for a fighter.

Character design. FE7's roster look like they belong on the battlefield. Awakening's are a mess and waaaaaay too anime-inspired for my liking.

The no feet thing is irksome, but whatever, I can deal.

Whilst I agree, I find it surprising to hear you say that. Aren't most of the games you like anime games?

A thing that was actually posted in a Persona series thread without a hint of irony.

Folks in this thread should be inoculated against dumb anime character designs + weird tiny peg feet at this point

Noi

Whilst I agree, I find it surprising to hear you say that. Aren't most of the games you like anime games?

There's a time and place for it. When a series like FE, whose character designs were almost entirely practical in nature go from this to this within the span of one game, it's enough to turn some heads. I see more people talk about marrying character together in Awakening than actually playing the game...

A thing that was actually posted in a Persona series thread without a hint of irony.

Folks in this thread should be inoculated against dumb anime character designs + weird tiny peg feet at this point

Thank you for assuming you know what I'm thinking just because I like one character. Piss off.

A bummer that Nanjo and Ellen can't be part of the group at the same time; had to go with Ellen because there are already two logical, intellectual dudes in the group.

They can be if you beat the game twice with both characters as your choice. You have to finish once, then chose the Restart option or something, and do the other character and finish the game again. You will unlock the EX-Dungeon mode which is like a long super dungeon with a super boss at the end. Some other things to do in there too. You can form your own party with 1 to 5 party members in there, including a party that includes all 3 of Tatsuya, Eriko and Nanjo.

Dantis

Why does Steam keep disconnecting me? ;_;

There's a time and place for it. When a series like FE, whose character designs were almost entirely practical in nature go from this to this within the span of one game, it's enough to turn some heads. I see more people talk about marrying character together in Awakening than actually playing the game...

Haha, I agree.

It's mostly the female characters who've been most affected. Lots of stockings and short skirts and the like. Characters like Krom look pretty Fire Emblem-esque to me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom