• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I got back home in time for art! What do we have here
Incoming arts.

Slu3HZr.jpg
Does she even know how to eat it?
Needs more Ice break
USZJwRf.jpg

Someone should have told her about the side-effect of too many hamburgers, though.

kill_it_with_fire_motivator-s640x512-132461.jpg

suzu

LOL, but euuuugh at that last one.

Here's a fanart of the P3 MC. Most people have probably seen this if they frequent tumblr..

FCtIge0.gif

FluxWaveZ

LOL, but euuuugh at that last one.

Here's a fanart of the P3 MC. Most people have probably seen this if they frequent tumblr..

Reminds me of how "evil" Yu seemed when he summoned Izanagi in the anime:
2063591-episode_1.jpg

Wonder how crazy "Gettarou Yamada's" will look. His awakening moment was probably the coolest looking in the series.

suzu

I think they should at least look a bit devilish when summoning demons. ;)

Is Gettarou Yamada the P3 MC's "canon" name?

FluxWaveZ

Is Gettarou Yamada the P3 MC's "canon" name?

No, it's a placeholder name that they attributed to the P3MC. It's a play on words for something in Japanese.

Oh, yeah. Apparently "Tarou Yamada" is like the Japanese version of "John Doe" and they just inserted the "Ge-" from "Gekkoukan" before the name.

I don't mind the names Minato or Arisato, but together they rhyme........ Please no.

Aside from it's probable non-canon aspect, this is the big reason I don't like the name (well not being canon doesn't affect me liking it or not, just me acknowledging it). Rhyming first and last names is just plain weird.

Sophia

No, it's a placeholder name that they attributed to the P3MC. It's a play on words for something in Japanese.

Oh, yeah. Apparently "Tarou Yamada" is like the Japanese version of "John Doe" and they just inserted the "Ge-" from "Gekkoukan" before the name.

It's not from Gekkoukan, exactly. It a play on the word "Moonlight" in Japanese. :p

Given it's meaning, I hope they use Minato Arisato. But I probably won't object to anything to use. Yu Narukami was perfect for the P4 protagonist.

Meia

It's not from Gekkoukan, exactly. It a play on the word "Moonlight" in Japanese. :p

Given it's meaning, I hope they use Minato Arisato. But I probably won't object to anything to use. Yu Narukami was perfect for the P4 protagonist.

It was, though it took a bit of getting used to after knowing him as Seta Souji for a bit thanks to the manga.

Still, it does mean the precedent is set that Minato isn't locked in stone. So let's go with another more fun question then: Will Minato be so big a player in the persona 3 movie(since he never had a choice, so it MUST be canon) that the movie will be a persona 3 harem movie? Like King's Game anime Yu, but the WHOLE TIME?! :p

Trigger

I think only Aigis or Yukari will get the romantic treatment in the movie. They felt like the more canon choices given the plot. P3MC is too quiet to be a playa playa.

Sophia

It was, though it took a bit of getting used to after knowing him as Seta Souji for a bit thanks to the manga.

Still, it does mean the precedent is set that Minato isn't locked in stone. So let's go with another more fun question then: Will Minato be so big a player in the persona 3 movie(since he never had a choice, so it MUST be canon) that the movie will be a persona 3 harem movie? Like King's Game anime Yu, but the WHOLE TIME?! :p

Seta Souji was too close to Seta Soujiro, so I never got attached to it.

And I imagine his portrayal will be close to the later drama CDs; That is, he ends up charming all the girls by accident simply because he's a hard worker.

Dantis

And I imagine his portrayal will be close to the later drama CDs; That is, he ends up charming all the girls by accident simply because he's a hard worker.

This sounds perfect, haha.

I hope the film is good. Potentially, it could be fantastic.

Sophia

This sounds perfect, haha.

I hope the film is good. Potentially, it could be fantastic.

He does end up complaining to Elizabeth a few times through it. The earlier drama CDs don't have terribly good characterization for him, but the later ones from FES and beyond are great. It's very similar to his manga characterization.

Meia

That would be brilliant. Blargh, I really need to listen to the CDs, still haven't.

Persona86

Banned
Persona 5, you play as a team of assholes and then discover that you ARE the dark side of the real protagonists.

So like a gang of bad guys.

Sounds good, should be fun to be mean to everyone. I guess whenever you decide to be nice to someone, your persona get's stronger?

Levito

Banned
2 episodes into the P4 anime now, dear lord this thing moves at a lighting fast pace. Wonder if it'd be hard to follow for someone that hadn't played the game?

So far I like it though.

Moaradin

2 episodes into the P4 anime now, dear lord this thing moves at a lighting fast pace. Wonder if it'd be hard to follow for someone that hadn't played the game?

So far I like it though.

I thought everything was handled very well in the anime. Only thing that felt rushed to me was the true ending episode, but how you gonna pull that off in one episode?

Squire

Banned

So far I like it though.

I have no doubt it would. A couple people have asked me if it's okay to forgo the game in lieu of the anime instead and I think absolutely not. The pacing is merciless.

Glad you're liking it though! You watching it with the dub or with subtitles?

Levito

Banned
You watching it with the dub or with subtitles?

The bluray I have only has the dub for whatever reason, I don't mind though because it's the same cast that was in P4(save old Chie and Teddie).

Normally I prefer subs though, would've at least liked the option.

vivftp

Hmm, I've been immersing myself in the whole Persona world after completing P4:Golden. I've completed Arena and watched through P3 and P3 Awakening on Youtube to get a much better understanding of the world.

I've now discovered that Persona Trinity Soul exists. I know nothing about Persona 1 and 2, so how closely does Trinity Soul tie into the events and characters of P3 and 4? If it does tie in, does it really add to those series, or would I just be wasting my time as I'm not familiar with the events of 1 and 2?

Tamanon

Banned

So far I like it though.

It slows down a bit as it goes on, right now the first episodes are sped up because an anime series can't survive without the first episode showing off the method of fighting.

Meia

The pacing is ok. There are some things that are handled better than I thought they would be(the one episode that handles like FIVE social links I thought would have been a train wreck, but it worked), and even include some fun stuff that I thought 100% was going to be removed, then late in the show you'll wonder why the hell they didn't remove some of it as they ran out of time when it comes to the catching the killer part.

Have a feeling this series would've been infinitely better with even 4 more full episodes, but it's still better than I thought it would be overall.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Elizabeth is the only believable love interest in Persona 3 'canon'. Even 4 Arena has her looking to help him, going out of her way because of how he helped her.

Meia

Elizabeth is the only believable love interest in Persona 3 'canon'. Even 4 Arena has her looking to help him, going out of her way because of how he helped her.

Not really.

The Answer
doesn't make much sense unless you've maxed Yukari's link in Fes. Aigis's link, while it has some romantic undertones, can also be seen as not since you can't be caught "cheating" technically with her(only female link I remember that doesn't say "So and so will get jealous if you're seen with another girl"). Without that Yukari relationship though, her acting like she does in the Answer make absolutely NO sense whatsoever. With it, considering how she acts about her father, and then her mother, it fits. I'd also have to imagine that Aigis's wakening to the wild card is also linked to the max slink happenings from Fes, so I'd probably say it's a safe bet that that's canon too.

Honestly? The Answer kind of means Yukari and Aigis both have to be canon, and based on arena, you're right, Elizabeth has to as well. Hell, don't even look at Arena,
look at 4 since Margaret herself tells you about Elizabeth leaving on her own will to save Minato.

FluxWaveZ

Dude, you should spoiler a lot of that.

Also, having Elizabeth want to save "him" so much doesn't have to be linked to romance. It could just be that he showed her true strength through the bonds he forged and through his sacrifice, which lead her to find her own inner strength to forge her own path. Her way of wanting to repay him is to save his soul.

Meia

Sorry about the lack of tags, really should've known better there.

I guess that's true about Elizabeth, maybe just the battle is seen as canon?

Sophia

I'm going with all 7/8 potential romances being canonical in some way, even if it's just in the form of a crush. Funnier to think of the P3 MC as a pimp.

Honestly tho, given The Answer:
Yukari is probably the canonical romance, as Aigis would probably pull an I Want My Beloved to Be Happy, if it were to actually come up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And problem I always had with FES was that it felt like the Aigis show.

It's kind of like, 'oh hey other losers, I guess you're okay too'. Well, that and FES was duuuumb.

Dantis

Guys.

Hey, guys.

Tomb Raider is fucking amazing. Definitely the best game I've played so far this year, and I can't imagine anything topping it for me.

Levito

Banned
It unlocked on Steam last night but I didn't actually fire it up because it was late, can't wait to try it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom