• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Persona 1: Girl has a dark side.
Persona 2 IS: Each party member has a dark side.
Persona 2 EP: Each individual has a dark side
Persona 3: Humanity as a whole has a dark side.
Persona 4: Each individual has a dark side.
Persona 4 Arena: (Robot) Girl has a dark side.

This doesn't mean anything and is a bit inaccurate too, but I think I want the return of humanity as a whole being the genesis of their own destruction. Oh wait,
that happened in P4 despite not having a physical manifestation.

Persona 5: Robot Girl Humanity has a dark side.

Trigger

This doesn't mean anything and is a bit inaccurate too, but I think I want the return of humanity as a whole being the genesis of their own destruction. Oh wait,
that happened in P4 despite not having a physical manifestation.

Aren't the shadows a physical manifestation? The Midnight Channel itself seems to still be around even after Izanami's defeat. Though I don't know if a TV show counts as "physical".

FluxWaveZ

Aren't the shadows a physical manifestation? The Midnight Channel itself seems to still be around even after Izanami's defeat.

Yeah, but I don't count them as being a major presence concerning the story itself.

The Midnight Channel's eliminated, I think, at the end of P4 despite the TV world still being present, but all "pure" because, as it says in the end, it represents people's hearts. Re-appears in P4A because Labrys is thrown in and it becomes her dungeon.

Speaking of Midnight Channel, it'd be hilarious if one of these days a Persona 5 logo was to appear in P4G's TV Listings' Midnight Channel. It serves practically no purpose as it is now.

Trigger

She's the best character, that's why.

VaNIA.gif

Speaking of Midnight Channel, it'd be hilarious if one of these days a Persona 5 logo was to appear in P4G's TV Listings' Midnight Channel. It serves practically no purpose as it is now.

That's ingenious. Better than Spudd Love even.

Meia

Kanji is a powerhouse now, sure. But then you unlock Chie's ultimate ability, and it goes right back to the way it was. I still want to know what they were thinking in terms of balancing those final moves, and how imbalanced they were along the gender lines.

Yosuke vs Chie? Party agi up + Mediarama vs. Party Agi/Def/Attack up
Kanji vs Yukiko? CHANCE to knock enemies down vs. Severe AoE fire damage
Teddie vs Naoto? Chance to be really great or really terrible vs. blocking ANY attack on the party once, including instant death hits.

If I was so interested in power-gaming, anything but Chie/Yukiko/Naoto is silly. This gets worse when you throw in Rise's interference in the mix and mind charging a character that really shouldn't be getting it ever in Yukiko. :p

And I would freak the hell out if after poking Teddie one night on the Vita midnight channel a p5 logo appears. Like, throw it or something. :D

Kanji is a powerhouse now, sure. But then you unlock Chie's ultimate ability, and it goes right back to the way it was. I still want to know what they were thinking in terms of balancing those final moves, and how imbalanced they were along the gender lines.

Yosuke vs Chie? Party agi up + Mediarama vs. Party Agi/Def/Attack up
Kanji vs Yukiko? CHANCE to knock enemies down vs. Severe AoE fire damage
Teddie vs Naoto? Chance to be really great or really terrible vs. blocking ANY attack on the party once, including instant death hits.

If I was so interested in power-gaming, anything but Chie/Yukiko/Naoto is silly. This gets worse when you throw in Rise's interference in the mix and mind charging a character that really shouldn't be getting it ever in Yukiko. :p

And I would freak the hell out if after poking Teddie one night on the Vita midnight channel a p5 logo appears. Like, throw it or something. :D

but Chie's skill takes MASSIVE amount of sp, plus Power charged Primal Force will be stronger than anything Chie could ever throw. I think proper party comparisons are, Chie/Kanji, Yosuke/Naoto, Yukiko/Teddie btw.

Just gonna toss in my teams because fuck the policy of asking for someone's two cents, I give them anyways :p.

P3 - Mitsusu/Akihiko/Doggeh

later modified for near end-game to
Mitsuru/Akihiko/Ken

P4 - Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko

later modified to
Naoto/Chie/Yukiko
since in Golden Naoto has access to Dyne spells. If I was playing vanilla P4 I'd be using the same team from start to finish.

University's only just started up again,, and it already looks like it's going to be an empty and aggravating experience. I need something else to focus on aside from work if I want to stay sane.

So I'm probably going to have another go at Persona 3 Portable sometime soon.

Persona 1:

SEBEC-
MC, Maki, Mark, Kei, Reiji

Snow Queen-
MC, Yukino, Ayase, Eriko, Brown

Persona 3:

The Journey-
MC, Yukari, Akihiko, Aigis or Mitsuru

The Answer-
Aigis, Metis, Akihiko, Yukari

Persona 4:

Yu, Yukiko, Chie, Yosuke

Persona 4 Golden:
Yu, Yukiko, Kanji, Naoto

Meia

but Chie's skill takes MASSIVE amount of sp, plus Power charged Primal Force will be stronger than anything Chie could ever throw. I think proper party comparisons are, Chie/Kanji, Yosuke/Naoto, Yukiko/Teddie btw.

Probably, I was just kind of throwing in male vs female, wasn't paying attention the pairings there.

Chie's does, but then again it saved your MC 3 turns of having to do it themselves between Yoshitsune bombings, so the party's dps skyrockets because of that I feel. Primal force is beastly, but a power charged God's Hand was never a slouch either, better if you keep Chie's Apt Pupil too.

I like that the buffs to the party members kind of was meant to cover their own weaknesses(Chie can become a decent ice user if one were so inclined), but in cases like Naoto they may have went *too* far. Didn't Golden also make the almighty school not suck too in terms of balance?

Probably, I was just kind of throwing in male vs female, wasn't paying attention the pairings there.

Chie's does, but then again it saved your MC 3 turns of having to do it themselves between Yoshitsune bombings, so the party's dps skyrockets because of that I feel. Primal force is beastly, but a power charged God's Hand was never a slouch either, better if you keep Chie's Apt Pupil too.

I like that the buffs to the party members kind of was meant to cover their own weaknesses(Chie can become a decent ice user if one were so inclined), but in cases like Naoto they may have went *too* far. Didn't Golden also make the almighty school not suck too in terms of balance?

It added some enemies that resist it, but it gave a major use in the form of Golden Hands, basically your primary source of income. I know for sure I use them FAR more than I ever did in Persona 4

Soma

Persona 3 - MC/Yukari/Aigis/Mitsuru

Persona 4 - MC/Chie/Yukiko/Naoto (though she was kinda useless in the final boss fight)

8^)

Meia

Yeah, I didn't use Naoto, but I definitely made sure to have at least one persona with Mind Charge and one with Megidoloan just because of that. I always had one of each element before so always had mind charge, but never bothered with Megido spells before. Mind Charge first turn, megidoloan second and getting like 40k exp was silly. I guess the balance to that though was you practically need to farm them to play on very hard...

First time with Fes was Yukari/Junpei/Mitsuru, later I've subbed out Junpei for Akihiko some playthroughs, Aigis others. Most recent was Aigis.

Persona 4 was originally for me Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko, golden subbed out Yosuke for Kanji.

I'm chomping at the bit to play through golden again, but first the absence of persona 2 is too big to ignore anymore. Bought IS a bit ago, but it was my distaste of 1 that kept me trying it for a bit. -_-;

By the end of the game, I was using Teddie/Kanji/Naoto. Teddie was well-rounded but a glass cannon, Kanji was a powerhouse and Naoto...used my Macca leaves pretty well.

I probably should have swapped out Naoto for someone whose Social Link perks were attained. Probably Chie.

TWILT

Banned
Persona 3, I used Akihiko, Aigis, and Junpei at least for FES. Portable I replaced Junpei with Mitsuru when I could direct control her.

I rotated a lot in 4, but my main team was Yosuke, Yukiko, and Teddie.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
For Persona 3 I used Akihiko/Yukari/Junpei
For Persona 4 I used Yukiko/Kanji/Chie

Jintor

So I was poking through the manga because I can and when Yukiko first appears on the midnight channel both Yosuke and SoujiYu shove their heads through their TVs to try and go directly to her location. They end up with their torsos suspended in mid-air in a random part of the studio backlot.

Also, Shadow Chie kicks Jiraya in the nads.

Meia

Shadow Chie does what shadow Chie gotta do. :p

When you say part of the studio backlot, you mean near where the exit tv is? That's....interesting. How "canon" is something like this?

Jintor

I don't think the manga is considered canon, since Yu's name is Souji but P4A and the anime set it as Yu. At this point you just pick and choose the bits you like, anyway

Dantis

The manga isn't at all canon.

As an aside, Sogabe is a surprisingly decent artist. His imitation of Soejima is pretty reasonable.

Jintor

The Persona fights are especially awesome looking. Unfortunately, I think the panel art is a lot better than his skill at layouts.

Dantis

You mean, like, his composition of his images? Because I always think that composition must be really frigging tough in a comic, considering how little time you have to spend on each frame.

Meia

If that's what a Wild Duck burger looks like, we've been missing out big time.

LOVE pinkies out as she holds it, makes it all the better. :p

Meia

Well, she IS rich, could be a second one. Or maybe she's so rich she has taste buds in her fingers.

...and now I've creeped myself out, excuse me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom