• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Banned
The correct answer is "All of them" because they are always the exact same thing and play out in the exact same way.

I thought Persona 3 FES's hotspring was kind of funny, and it was more than just a scene to.

I got punished though. :(

It's just that P4G's is blatant, unnecessary fanservice that could even be considered "gross." This is a shot from it.

If that's your thing, you'll probably enjoy it, but I wasn't too into it.

I wonder what that says about me if "gross" was the furthest thing on my mind when I clicked that. :(

But all fanservice of every kind is unnecessary, that's why it's called fanservice.

Noi

You guys aren't going to win against Esura when talking about fanservice. He's incorrigible.
KuGsj.gif

It's just that P4G's is blatant, unnecessary fanservice that could even be considered "gross." This is a shot from it.

If that's your thing, you'll probably enjoy it, but I wasn't too into it.

Not only that, but in the original, there was no animated cutscenes, let alone 2, that exist just to show the girls' bodies. The original scene was fanservicey but not on this level, and did we really need to not only have another hot spring event, but it's a DIFFERENT spa too...

I'm not tryin to change his mind, it's fine he likes those things, I am just stating my opinion on it and hope there is less of it in the future, mostly just because going to a hotspring in P5 would just be boring overkill, at least get creative in your fanservice moments...

I will settle for more hotsprings if we get more dogs. All the best games have dogs. P5 should be set in an animal shelter and everyone is a dog.

Marche90

I'm not tryin to change his mind, it's fine he likes those things, I am just stating my opinion on it and hope there is less of it in the future, mostly just because going to a hotspring in P5 would just be boring overkill, at least get creative in your fanservice moments...

To be fair, the P3 hotspring scene was hilarious.

I still can't comment about the P4G ones ;_;

Esura

Banned
You guys aren't going to win against Esura when talking about fanservice. He's incorrigible.
KuGsj.gif

I've been corrupted for so long I kind of forget that normal people don't find that stuff all that appealing. :p

"It was nice knowing you"

Originally I thought it messed up my Social Link with them so I kept starting it over and over trying not to get caught. Thought it wasn't possible to not get caught until I saw this YT video and someone told me it doesn't matter what happened.

Btw fanservice comes in many different forms, people forget that. Those featherman outfits are pure fanservice for long time Persona players.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
To be fair, the P3 hotspring scene was hilarious.

I still can't comment about the P4G ones ;_;

The P3 one was decent and turned it into a pretty funny mini-game. I don't remember what happened on the Female route though. I think the boys just got caught.

The first one in P4 was fine, but the second was a little unnecessary.

The P3 one was decent and turned it into a pretty funny mini-game. I don't remember what happened on the Female route though. I think the boys just got caught.

The first one in P4 was fine, but the second was a little unnecessary.

The added scene in the first spa trip in P4G also added a cutscene where it shows all the girls just standing around poking Naoto's chest. yep.

Dantis

Btw fanservice comes in many different forms, people forget that. Those featherman outfits are pure fanservice for long time Persona players.

That's the kind of fan service I like.

In Corpse Party BoS (Minor spoilers)
you find a music box, and spen most of the chapter opening it. When you do, it plays a music box version of Shangri La, the opening song from the first game. Then a character says "Hey, I know this song!" an starts singing along.
That is good fan service. If the True Story scene had been more like that, I would have flipped my shit.

The added scene in the first spa trip in P4G also added a cutscene where it shows all the girls just standing around poking Naoto's chest. yep.

Which is also mysteriously huge.

randomkid

I always thought it was weird that in videogames "fanservice" has been coopted to most commonly mean sexualized content. Really helps confirm my stereotypes about the gamer community haha.

To be fair though, reference-based fanservice can be kinda annoying too. Sort of ruined the later seasons of Arrested Development, for example.

Esura

Banned
I've decided that Backside of The TV is the most underrated vocal track in the series. It's amazing and never gets mentioned.

It is underrated indeed compared to the other praised P4 tracks. I loved it but I never knew what it was called until now. It did make prepping my team more interesting.

Is this still in P4G?

Dantis

Yup. No tracks were removed, although there's a new opening song and a new battle theme. Both are a bit shit.

Esura

Banned
Yup. No tracks were removed, although there's a new opening song and a new battle theme. Both are a bit shit.

I heard the new battle theme and I thought it was ok. Still got nothing on the original one though but I'm wholly blaming my nostalgia on that one.

Esura

Banned
It's kind of catchy. I bet after 100 hours of listening to it like Reach Out To The Truth I'll be obsessed with that track too.

Dantis

Time to Make History isn't that bad.

Relative to other game music, it's pretty okay. Relative to other Meguro battle tracks, it's pretty shit.

When I say something is bad and it's related to MegaTen, generally I mean relatively. I'd sooner to listen to bad Meguro than anything else still.

Cheska

Oh Persona, good ole' Persona.

Persona 3 was my first introduction to the series, and as such the characters hold a special place in my heart. Particularly the best damn trio of them all:

36eb9c0217d21e89906ed412e32df90f.jpg

Dantis

That was just confirmation of what was directly hinted in P4 when they all went to the hospital for check ups. Naoto ties down her boobs to make people think she's a boy.

We've had this conversation before, haha.

She wears lady clothes in the vanilla P4, and was absent of her DOA boobs.

Curufinwe

You were wrong before too then. Naoto grabs the charts at the hospital so people can't find out her measurements, and won't appear in a swimsuit for the same reason as well as general modesty.

randomkid

aaaaand that's an unsubscribe for me haha, don't know what I was thinkin

before I peace out: P3 was great and all, but Revelations: Persona is the greatest Persona game made and one day I will write a grand defense of it that will BLOW YOUR MINDS you guys

before I peace out: P3 was great and all, but Revelations: Persona is the greatest Persona game made and one day I will write a grand defense of it that will BLOW YOUR MINDS you guys

Come back we need to talk about this cartoon character's boobs some more.

Trigger

Relative to other game music, it's pretty okay. Relative to other Meguro battle tracks, it's pretty shit.

When I say something is bad and it's related to MegaTen, generally I mean relatively. I'd sooner to listen to bad Meguro than anything else still.

Ah, I see. I guess I can understand that.

iF4dNZIbHY6IG.gif

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

iMbTrk0EVIGKz.gif

Aeana

Hahaha!
Is that really why he's leaving? Oh dear, lol.
It's one of the reasons why I'm not very active in Persona threads these days. I love the series, but the fandom has lost me. I feel like an outsider in discussions anymore.

Dantis

It really is the kind of crap that only goes down in Persona threads.

You did this to your own franchise, Hashino.

Whoops. :S

I'll try to refrain from minor complaints about the over sexualisation of an interesting character in the future, so as not to scare people off, lol.

cj_iwakura

Whoops. :S

I'll try to refrain from minor complaints about the over sexualisation of an interesting character in the future, so as not to scare people off, lol.

It's kind of why I'm glad SMT isn't as huge as Persona. We'd be getting hot spring scenes with Chiaki and Zelenin in no time.

Noi

It's kind of why I'm glad SMT isn't as huge as Persona. We'd be getting hot spring scenes with Chiaki and Zelenin in no time.

I remain unconvinced that SMT x Fire Emblem won't have some of that given the particular brand of pandering that's been introduced into the latter series. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom