• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I remain unconvinced that SMT x Fire Emblem won't have some of that given the particular brand of pandering that's been introduced into the latter series. >_>

Hell, we're not even sure if SMTIV won't either.

Noi

I remain hopeful that SMTIV isn't tainted. I'm more concerned about the Sentai-inspired demon redesigns. I don't like what they did to Omoikane. >_<

Well, Doi loves his fan service. The last few pages of the Trauma Team art book are pretty heavy-handed with it.

Someone is going to post that one Trauma Team screenshot because of you.

Dantis

I remain hopeful that SMTIV isn't tainted. I'm more concerned about the Sentai-inspired demon redesigns. I don't like what they did to Omoikane. >_<

Someone is going to post that one Trauma Team screenshot because of you.

It's amazing how I'm indirectly killing the topic.

Dantis

Boy I wish he'd been a recurring presence throughout the game in crazy mode like Takaya in P3.

Takaya was a poor antagonist though. His character made no sense at all. The culprit in P4 was actually really well done until the bonkers True Ending.

Noi

Boy I wish he'd been a recurring presence throughout the game in crazy mode like Takaya in P3.

I wish (P3 Spoiler)
Ikutsuki
had shown more signs of his crazy through the game, or remained a more permanent presence once he does his heel turn. Could have easilly extended his role a bit more before revealing The Fall.

Dantis

True, but I still liked Takaya. He was a fascinating character.

I think he was well portrayed, but doesn't hold up to scrutiny. The fight with him is excellent though. Unavoidable Battle is such a perfect fit for that fight.

I wish (P3 Spoiler)
Ikutsuki
had shown more signs of his crazy through the game, or remained a more permanent presence once he does his heel turn. Could have easilly extended his role a bit more before revealing The Fall.

I also felt like this really came out of nowhere. Man, P3's story has the potential to be interesting, but some aspects are so hamfisted, haha.

Noi

Are we still considering stuff like this a spoiler? Anyway:
I imagine a Shadow Labyrs story mode would just be her murdering the cast.

Considering the Personas have their share of Bad Endings, I wouldn't actually be opposed to a theorical S. Lab route acting like one.

FluxWaveZ

Anyway:
I imagine a Shadow Labyrs story mode would just be her murdering the cast.

That sounds awesome. But I really would have just liked it for the opportunity to read how it is to be a tormented Shadow and the particular hatred she would have for the various members of the cast.

cj_iwakura

Considering the Personas have their share of Bad Endings, I wouldn't actually be opposed to a theorical S. Lab route acting like one.

I can see that too, where she just turns everyone against one another and it ends in a giant bloodbath.

Trigger

That sounds awesome. But I really would have just liked it for the opportunity to read how it is to be a tormented Shadow and the particular hatred she would have for the various members of the cast.

I am sort of curious what a shadow thinks and feels. They're very self-destructive from what we've seen.

Hi Persona-GAF! :) I just finished 3 and loved every bit of it!

Welcome. Which version?

aaaaand that's an unsubscribe for me haha, don't know what I was thinkin

before I peace out: P3 was great and all, but Revelations: Persona is the greatest Persona game made and one day I will write a grand defense of it that will BLOW YOUR MINDS you guys

I do see his point guys, we have discussed Persona boobs far too much more than necessary, and Revelations Persona is a good game fuck all your couches.

Jintor

True, but I still liked Takaya. He was a fascinating character.

He was way more interesting when I thought
he was Ikutski's shadow-self or something. The fact that Ikutski gets offed the second he face heel turns (or reveals himself, anyway) really pisses me off

Dantis

Love it. Can't help but think that's how Maya's battle theme would sound like if she was a character in P4A.

Then you would surely be disappointed, haha.

Interesting picks for your five favourites. Personally, I like the Meguro arrangement of Knights a lot more, and I'd choose Seven Sisters over Kusugayama High. Can't argue with Maya's theme though, and it's cool to see P2 getting some love.

Exactly what I was thinking.

There is also this:

Inb4 Dantis

...You realise that I love this track, right? I'm a big fan of Konishi.

Then you would surely be disappointed, haha.

Interesting picks for your five favourites. Personally, I like the Meguro arrangement of Knights a lot more, and I'd choose Seven Sisters over Kusugayama High. Can't argue with Maya's theme though, and it's cool to see P2 getting some love.

...You realise that I love this track, right? I'm a big fan of Konishi.

lol sorry buddy I swore there was one of those songs you didnt like

I do see his point guys, we have discussed Persona boobs far too much more than necessary, and Revelations Persona is a good game fuck all your couches.

Boobs is really only relevant in the context of if P5 will be to P4 as P4 was to P3 (which will probably be way too much). I like to joke about the level of fan service in the series, but I really do prefer the more serious/bleak tone of the third game.

Something in between 3 and 4 in this regard would be fine with me.

To the above, I liked P3's music best to start with, but it grated after a while. P4 arranges nicely on piano too.

Boobs is really only relevant in the context of if P5 will be to P4 as P4 was to P3 (which will probably be way too much). I like to joke about the level of fan service in the series, but I really do prefer the more serious/bleak tone of the third game.

Something in between 3 and 4 in this regard would be fine with me.

How do you feel about the 1st and 2nd game?

How do you feel about the 1st and 2nd game?

Depends how much you want me to stab at the hearts of the old school persona fans ;)

To be honest I didn't enjoy them much at all and had to force myself through them. I'm very much in the "the series got good in P3" camp (so you can base any of my opinions on that context. For bonus points I hated SMT3 too :))

I do put this down a bit too rpg overload at the time though. I was very particular about what I enjoyed and there were so many options.

Those were the days...

Sophia

You have no idea how happy I was when Shadow started playing in P4A. One of my favorites. <3

Yeah someone at Atlus likes that track. They played it no less then like eight or nine times across P4A's story mode. Guess it makes up for it's one-and-done use in P3.

Something about P3's tone and nature are part of why I prefer 3 to 4, as well as the music (Not saying 4 had bad music by any means, I just prefer more of 3's soundtrack over 4's), and even some of the characters (Also not saying 4 has bad characters, I just like some of 3's cast more).

Of course, there are definitely some exceptions in terms of P3's cast, as there are some things that I dislike.
Ken's just a kid and acts like he understands just about everything... which I'm pretty sure at his age he doesn't. Ikutsuki's psycho switch gets flipped with no warning of it beforehand, just "oh hi guys, I've been using you to help bring the fall"

This is one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make...

A Corner of Memories (I'd probably pick this as my number one)
Deep Breath Deep Breath (At least I don't think this is during a battle... correct me if I'm wrong though)
During the Exams... (Oh how true this is... and how many times this has inched its way into my head during an actual test)
Corridor (Sorta spoilish for P4, I'll edit out the name if need be)
Pursuing My True Self (I actually didn't like this song at all at first... and it just really grew on me. The Reincarnation version is amazing)

Aeana

The first time I saw P4's intro (when it was released before the JP release of the game), I was pretty disappointed. I felt like it was much worse than P3's. I'm not sure what changed, exactly, but now I like it way, way more than P3's. Actually, it could have been when I watched a friend play the song on Audiosurf that it clicked for me, not sure.

Jintor

The first time I saw P4's intro (when it was released before the JP release of the game), I was pretty disappointed. I felt like it was much worse than P3's. I'm not sure what changed, exactly, but now I like it way, way more than P3's. Actually, it could have been when I watched a friend play the song on Audiosurf that it clicked for me, not sure.

Pursuing My True Self? The thing I appreciate most about it these days is the incredibly funky bass line. Listen for it next time you boot up the song, it's so... goddamn funky

I first came into Persona with P3 FES's intro. The Song P3 Fes combined with that INTRO (which I still love and watch every time I've randomly booted up the game even if it was for as much as five minutes) is just absolutely fantastic, and that really helped make the whole Persona experience stick with me.

Then I came to Persona 4.

And I didn't like it, it just felt way too poppy and upbeat for me, and it kinda turned me off, and I had to struggle to watch through it at first, and I never watched it each subsequent time I turned the game on (which was every day for about a week).

And then something just clicked.

There was just that point, I myself am not even sure when, when Pursuing My True Self (and, I guess you could say by extension, Persona 4) just clicked. It just was something I started to like, and I love the intro for P4 now too.

It's really weird.

P3 FES's intro is still the best one though. Real talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom