• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jintor, have you run into the save glitch in P3FES at all? Just wondering how worried I should be.

The PSN version's save glitch? It bit me in the ass pretty bad, but then again, that's because I didn't know about it going in and only used one save file :(

I was halfway through the game too...

That's what I'm thinking, yeah. Ah well. Time to put that flash drive to use!

Like the above guy said too, keep multiple save slots. Unlike the P4G corrupt which corrupts the entire thing, P3FES only corrupts on a slot by slot basis, so only one slot gets corrupted.

Like the above guy said too, keep multiple save slots. Unlike the P4G corrupt which corrupts the entire thing, P3FES only corrupts on a slot by slot basis, so only one slot gets corrupted.

There's a thing like that for golden as well? How does that work so I can avoid it on my next playthrough?

Despera

Banned
2336634-fuuka_character_artwork.jpg
I hope the next Persona title ditches the high school setting for a college/post-college one. I imagine that's how Fuuka would've looked like if the P3 cast was more mature.

I think an MC in his/her early-to-mid twenties would be awesome and refreshing.

^Thats how Fuuka looks in
Persona 4 Arena
There's a thing like that for golden as well? How does that work so I can avoid it on my next playthrough?

No way to avoid it, it seems low occurring, but its out there. All you can really do is back up your entire save frequently on your pc or ps3 which is rather annoying, or if you have PS+, upload your save to the cloud frequently, which is way easier and faster.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641695-persona-4-golden?search=corrupt

It seems to occur more with the hardcover copy, but a tiny few had the digital one when it happened.

Noi

I hope the next Persona title ditches the high school setting for a college/post-college one. I imagine that's how Fuuka would've looked like if the P3 cast was more mature.

That's Fuuka in
Persona 4 Arena
, so yes.

Dantis

Finally I can post WIPs without just spamming the Golden thread I guess

HmurESk.jpg

Cool picture. The lineart looks neater than usual. Spent more time polishing this one? Looks good.

Coincidentally, I've been doing some Person stuff this afternoon too. It's just neater versions of the Chie and Naoto sketches I did, but I'll put them up anyway.

Also, I wish that Fuuka picture was Soejima. His picture he did for the Arena book was really good though.

Squire

Banned

We had that conversation earlier on in the last thread and I think it came down to: They're unlikely to do that as Japanese college life is boring, uneventful, and sort of a drag.

No way to avoid it, it seems low occurring, but its out there. All you can really do is back up your entire save frequently on your pc or ps3 which is rather annoying, or if you have PS+, upload your save to the cloud frequently, which is way easier and faster.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641695-persona-4-golden?search=corrupt

It seems to occur more with the hardcover copy, but a tiny few had the digital one when it happened.
Well then I'm just glad it didn't hit me in my first go at it. I should back up my file soon, it would suck not having access to my compendium for my second playthrough

Despera

Banned
We had that conversation earlier on in the last thread and I think it came down to: They're unlikely to do that as Japanese college life is boring, uneventful, and sort of a drag.
I already knew that. But I still believe that there's hope still.

Squire

Banned
My save is in the cloud. :D

I didn't hear of any corruption issues though, what is the problem?

They just go bad sometimes, apparently. I doubt it's widespread. Nobody ever mentioned it happening in the P4G OT and we're like 300+ pages strong over there.

Esura

Banned
Man, I feel almost crazy for contemplating a Vita for P4G and Gravity Daze. I really want to see that new Amagi Hotspring stuff. Love fanservice.

Esura

Banned
Muramasa redubbed did it for me.

I'm a sucker for anything Persona and I'm trying to own all of them. P4G, Revelations: Persona, and Persona 2: EP PS1 are the only localized Personas I don't own. Figure I can exclude Revelations: Persona if I got the PSP version though.

but its bad :(

The Amagi Hotspring? How so? Is it done in a lame way?

I should probably let you know that I'm very, very much ok with mindless flashing of T&A and skin. Wish more RPGs did.

I'm a sucker for anything Persona and I'm trying to own all of them. P4G, Revelations: Persona, and Persona 2: EP PS1 are the only localized Personas I don't own. Figure I can exclude Revelations: Persona if I got the PSP version though.

I should probably let you know that I'm very, very much ok with mindless flashing of T&A and skin. Wish more RPGs did.

Fanservice for the sake of fanservice is lame in my opinion. You would probably like it, those moments are rather short, bar one though, so its not really that bad.

What hotspring scene isn't done in the same shitty way?

Esura

Banned
Fanservice for the sake of fanservice is lame in my opinion. You would probably like it, those moments are rather short, bar one though, so its not really that bad.

Ah, hotspring scenes. A lovely, but ever so flipping brief gift from the gods. :(

Man, I cannot wait to get my hands back on another P4 game.

What hotspring scene isn't done in the same shitty way?

Let me think on it....

...nope can't think of any bad hotspring scenes in games, anime, mangas, or visual novels. I personally can't comprehend how a hotspring scene can be bad unless it's like Newgrounds-levels of poorly animated or has some 1st grade crap artwork or something.

Ah, hotspring scenes. A lovely, but ever so flipping brief gift from the gods. :(

Man, I cannot wait to get my hands back on another P4 game.

Let me think on it....

...nope can't think of any bad hotspring scenes in games, anime, mangas, or visual novels. I personally can't comprehend how a hotspring scene can be bad unless it's like Newgrounds-levels of poorly animated or has some 1st grade crap artwork or something.

The correct answer is "All of them" because they are always the exact same thing and play out in the exact same way.

FluxWaveZ

I personally can't comprehend how a hotspring scene can be bad unless it's like Newgrounds-levels of poorly animated or has some 1st grade crap artwork or something.

It's just that P4G's is blatant, unnecessary fanservice that could even be considered "gross." This is a shot from it.

If that's your thing, you'll probably enjoy it, but I wasn't too into it.

Salaadin

Oh cool, a Persona Community thread!
Im currently watching the P4 anime and am really enjoying it. Its been over a month since I beat P4G and I still cant stop thinking about it.

I didnt think the Nanako stuff in the anime would hit me like it did. I mean, I already know what happens right?
Felt like I was punched in the stomach all over again. Damnit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom