• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

P3FES First Impressions:

Music is great.

Tartarus actually has some teeth, managed to game over on my first voluntary trip in, was just about to leave too and got myself stunlocked by a shadow right next to the exit. Does fatigue improve with char level/story progression? Everyone was tired before I left the second floor.

Have a real good feeling about the cast. Already like Junpei.

Fatigue improves as the game goes along. It's tied to every full moon shadow, plus you get more party members. Eventually you'll be able to stay in a very long time.

Don't understand why people claim he is so difficult. I had no difficulty at all against this guy.

If you've never played a MegaTen game before, then it can be pretty difficult to suddenly toss off years of what other RPGs have been telling you to (not) do. More so if your only experience in RPGs was Final Fantasy.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I hated that show. >_>;

I loved it.

Then again I had a crush on Melissa Joan-Hart so....

OH GOD IT'S STUCK IN MY HEAD

FXqk2mg.png

Astra

Haha, Sabrina. That brings me back to the days of ABC's TGIF. Good ol' Family Matters, Full House, Dinosaurs, Hangin with Mr Cooper, Boy Meets World.

Most of those shows are really lame, looking back, especially Full House. I saw an episode recently, and it gave me diabetes.

Trigger

I loved Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I think I still have a copy of a book based on that one episode where she's turned into a boy.

Astra

I loved Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I think I still have a copy of a book based on that one episode where she's turned into a boy.

I remember some of that episode. Well, only the part where Hilda became a biker dude to get rid of the principle... whatever his name is. haha.

Squire

Banned
Boy Meets Workd got really self-aware towards the end. It was awesome. Can't believe they're gonna try Girl Meets World.

Astra

Boy Meets Workd got really self-aware towards the end. It was awesome. Can't believe they're gonna try Girl Meets World.

I just looked it up, haha. Ought to be interesting.

I didn't like it as much toward the end. Cory became lame, and Eric's stupidity went to massive levels of over the top.

Squire

Banned
I just looked it up, haha. Ought to be interesting.

I didn't like it as much toward the end. Cory became lame, and Eric's stupidity went to massive levels of over the top.

I think the weirdness made me like the latter episodes more, actually. But yeah, curious to see if GoW works on any level.

It's gonna be on the Disney Channel and not on ABC so I already have low hopes :(

If they don't get Mr. Feeny for it then I probably won't even watch it.

Yeah, I'd say you're a bit underleveled. I want to say I was aronud 25 or 26 whenever fighting that boss.
If you're not, try to have your MC have a persona with at least media as well. Two characters each turn casting media, if there's still not enough healing, something bad is happening. Also do not discount Tarunda, which lowers an enemy's damage. This point in the game you don't have the party wide buffs to your party, so to me, usually it just kind of wastes sp/time keeping the single versions on yourself(minus tarukaja, especially if you're only attacking with 1 or 2 characters a turn). Debuffs to bosses though? Always good. Even with the Tarukaja example, casting Rakunda against the boss will almost give you the same power equivalent of Tarukaja'ing everyone anyway(the reason to still want to of course is these effects play off each other).

And don't remember what I was at when i did it. Think I was always closer to 15 or something with Yukiko's, so you may be a tad underleveled. Usually persona selection winds up being more of a determining factor though.
You can beat Shadow Kanji at level 22, but it requires well set up Personae and perfect gameplay. If you're playing Golden it's pretty easy, if you're playing regular P4 not so much... Focus on Nice Guy first, and have Yosuke counter his buffs with Dekaja. Make sure Yukiko has a defensive buff if you have it.

If you're playing Golden, then Chie's only role is to keep Nice Guy locked down forever and nothing else. Nice Guy and Tough Guy have were given weaknesses in Golden that are easy to exploit.

Thanks for the help guys, I am playing the PS2 version. I leveled up to Lv.24 and man what a difference. Also noticed my MC wasn't actually wearing any armour lol, his defence was a measly 12. As I was levelling I took the opportunity to level a persona I hadn't used yet - Oberon. Turns out he was very useful with elec boost, mazio and media, and also that move that silences (Makajam? Man these names sure are... exotic). I tried using it on the boss' minions, it didn't affect the dude that buffs the boss but it worked on the other one. Not only that but the other dude heals him instead of buffing the boss every turn.

I also noticed something strange when fusing personas. If you fuse the same two why does the resulting one have a different moveset? If they're not set in stone it seems kinda strange it doesn't let the player choose rather than doing this weird lucky dip thingy.

Meia

I also noticed something strange when fusing personas. If you fuse the same two why does the resulting one have a different moveset? If they're not set in stone it seems kinda strange it doesn't let the player choose rather than doing this weird lucky dip thingy.

That's the fusion system of these games. Whenever you fuse personas, the game adds up the amount of spells they both have, and from that figures out how many of the spells from the ones used in the fusion can carry over to the new one. From there, it's all RNG in terms of what it can inherit. Sometimes a persona doesn't want to inherit certain abilities, or has a natural affinity to others(fusing a new lightning based persona will usually mean if there are lightning abilities on the ones you're using to make it, those ones will almost always show up to inherit(this is useful to transfer things like Elect Boost onto higher level ones, as Elec Boost and Elec Amp stack)). There are some things that it won't be able to, no matter how you reroll though. If a persona is weak to a certain element, usually trying to make that persona learn that element is impossible, but not always. If a persona is a physical based one with high Strength, the odds of it wanting to inherit elemental spells are very low, usually 0.

So yeah, for the most part in the vanilla games, hope you like that velvet room music, cause it's the one track you'll listen to in the games the most, by far(then again, I was never happy unless I rocked a party with each of the severe elemental spells + boosts + amp(this includes light/dark), ultimate physical abilities, and ultimate healing abilities with no weaknesses). In P4G, you could choose which skills to inherit, and while it's nice, it's not a better change honestly. Being able to cherry pick which abilities you want, instead of constantly rerolling and eventually settling for a good combo, but not the perfect one, makes the game inherently easier.

Marche90

NA NA NA NA NA
NA NA NA NA NA NA
WAY COOL

Thank god I don't remember how the tune was. It would be stuck in my head if I were to remember

Also, can't remember if that particular song was dubbed to Spanish when I used to watch that show, so I remember even less :p

Levito

Banned
Persona 4 x Saved By The Bell.

When I wake up in the morning
And the fog gives out a warning
I don't think I'll ever make to the TV on time
By the time I grab my books
And I give my social links a look
I'm at the corner just in time to see Yosuke fly by
It's alright 'cause I'm saved by the true self

If King Moron pops a test
I know I'm in a mess
And a shadow ate all my homework last nite
Riding low in my chair
He won't know that I'm there
If I can hand it in tomorrow, it'll be all right

It's alright 'cause I'm saved by the

I'm sorry.

Dantis

When I wake up in the morning
And the fog gives out a warning
I don't think I'll ever make to the TV on time
By the time I grab my books
And I give my social links a look
I'm at the corner just in time to see Yosuke fly by

If King Moron pops a test
I know I'm in a mess
And a shadow ate all my homework last nite
Riding low in my chair
He won't know that I'm there
If I can hand it in tomorrow, it'll be all right

I'm sorry.

HAHA!

I love it! I loaded up the theme song so that I could remember the tune, and it totally works.

cjkeats

Really? Are you significantly older/younger than the rest of us or something?

I don't think so, I'm 24. I remember them being on, and just not being interested in any of them. Seems like it was something people 4 or 5 years below me were into because none of my friends growing up were into them either, or at least they just never talked about them.

Dantis

I don't think so, I'm 24. I remember them being on, and just not being interested in any of them. Seems like it was something people 4 or 5 years below me were into because none of my friends growing up were into them either, or at least they just never talked about them.

Haha, I'm the same age as you (Or near enough), and I was totally into them when I was younger.

Maybe you were just more mature than me.

Astra

Haha, I'm the same age as you (Or near enough), and I was totally into them when I was younger.

Maybe you were just more mature than me.

Same age range here too, and loved them all. My brother was 3 years older and also loved them all. I didn't even know what anime was when I was that young. Dragonball Z was just a cartoon as far as I knew.

Squire

Banned
It's sad to grow up and realize DBZ is fucking terrible. I thought it was the very height of televised drama while I was watching it.

Meia

Same about DBZ, and who the hell didn't like Saved By the Bell? :(

Slater vs Kanji, who would win?! :p

I'd still prefer a Persona 4/Salute Your Shorts mashup.

Levito

Banned
It's sad to grow up and realize DBZ is fucking terrible. I thought it was the very height of televised drama while I was watching it.

Well yeah it's a show written for kids/tweenyboppers, not exactly thought provoking.

When Goku went Super Saiyan for the first time my entire elementary school wouldn't stop talking about it the day after. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom