• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

On YTV in the 90's right?

Used to rush home from school to see new episodes of Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z on there.
Didn't it come on later than that at some point? I remember when Dragonball Z would come on at late on YTV. Mom would make me go to bed like a half hour before it and set up the VCR to record it. She did the same thing to me and Beast Wars(Or as we knew it, Beasties.)

I sunk out of bed the night the episode Trunks first appeared because a long time before that I bought a toy of him, in Super Saiyan from the cell games because he looked cool, not knowing who he was.

Levito

Banned
Didn't it come on later than that at some point? I remember when Dragonball Z would come on at late on YTV. Mom would make me go to bed like a half hour before it and set up the VCR to record it. She did the same thing to me and Beast Wars(Or as we knew it, Beasties.)

I sunk out of bed the night the episode Trunks first appeared because a long time before that I bought a toy of him, in Super Saiyan from the cell games because he looked cool, not knowing who he was.

They were both on right after school for me.

Beasties was fucking godlike, now THAT was a well written children's TV show.

cjkeats

They were both on right after school for me.

Beasties was fucking godlike, now THAT was a well written children's TV show.

Fuck yeah it was! I was never really into Transformers, but I liked it enough to know who Megatron and Optimus were, but something clicked and I worshiped Beasties like there was nothing else. I'll never forget how blow away I was when they discovered the Ark.
I still have my dragon Megatron, and he resides on my shelf back home in all his transmetal glory.

Astra

Beasties! I loved that show, but I was never able to consistently watch it, so I always missed a bunch of episodes, so I never knew what was going on. =(

cjkeats

Season 1 of Beasties is one of those shows that you can jump in pretty much anywhere and it's all self contained for the most part. But then season two just gets crazy. Man, what a show. I need to get those DVDs soon.

Astra

Season 1 of Beasties is one of those shows that you can jump in pretty much anywhere and it's all self contained for the most part. But then season two just gets crazy. Man, what a show. I need to get those DVDs soon.

Same here, I really should finally watch them all in order and understand what all I have missed.

Moonlight

Banned
So, Canadians: Y'all got Toonami?
Sadly, no. I think our closest equivalent was a Saturday morning block called The Vortex, which turned into the vastly inferior Crunch animation block. Stuff like Dragonball Z aired just about whenever, I don't really associate a block to it so much as a channel. We also had a late-night animation block called Bionix, which was quietly canned.

I'd have loved Toonami, though.

cjkeats

Sadly, no. I think our closest equivalent was a Saturday morning block called The Vortex, which turned into the vastly inferior Crunch animation block. Stuff like Dragonball Z aired just about whenever, I don't really associate a block to it so much as a channel. We also had a late-night animation block called Bionix, which was quietly canned.

I remember when Fox Kids would air a couple shows saturday morning, like Escaflowne and Card Captors.

Didn't YTV do a late night thing too a few years back where they aird stuff like Full Metal Alchemist? I remember watching Gundam Wing on YTV too.

Astra

I remember when Fox Kids would air a couple shows saturday morning, like Escaflowne and Card Captors.

Didn't YTV do a late night thing too a few years back where they aird stuff like Full Metal Alchemist? I remember watching Gundam Wing on YTV too.

YTV had FMA, Inu Yasha, Witch Hunter Robin and Gundam Wing. Those are the ones I remember off-hand, anyway.

TWILT

Banned

Wasn't it called Bionix or something? I remember it having Gundam Seed, and FMA (which was quite awesome).

Man, I feel old remembering all this.

cjkeats

YTV had FMA, Inu Yasha, Witch Hunter Robin and Gundam Wing. Those are the ones I remember off-hand, anyway.

Oh yeah Witch Hunter Robin. I still have that recorded on VHS somewhere, I loved that. I watched some Inuyashas too. Don't know why it gets so hated.

One of the saddest episodes of a tv show for me EVER was when Dinobot died, oh man those feels.
*sniffle* "He lived a warrior, he died a hero"

Wasn't it called Bionix or something? I remember it having Gundam Seed, and FMA (which was quite awesome).

That sounds right.

Squire

Banned

Ah, you all would have. Toonami was awesome. It still is, now that it's back. Nothing but good memories :)

Astra

Oh yeah Witch Hunter Robin. I still have that recorded on VHS somewhere, I loved that. I watched some Inuyashas too. Don't know why it gets so hated.

Witch Hunter Robin was great. I bought the DVDs a few years ago.
I also enjoyed Inu Yasha, and still have to watch the Final Act.

Moonlight

Banned
Out of all the Fox Kids shows, I think I remember Digimon Tamers the most. I fucking loved that show so much. I think by then, I was too old for Digimon, but I didn't even care. It was awesome.

Yep, that was all on Bionix. I loved that block so much - it introduced me to Inuyasha, which was the first series I really got invested in. Good memories, that.

I can't believe how vivid all my memories of this stuff is.

Ah, you all would have. Toonami was awesome. It still is, now that it's back. Nothing but good memories :)
I bet. I remember being a kid and getting so jealous over Cartoon Network, haha.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
In lowly South Florida, Sailor Moon and Ronin Warriors were on at 6AM.

It was on around that time here too.

Then at one point, USA Network picked it up when they were still airing cartoons and had it on at a more reasonable time at like 10am or something.

Then CN/Toonami got it and BOOM. Explosion.

Oh yes please! Also, Rank 10 Hug to everybody that loves Sailor Mercury!

I always knew you were awesome.

Marche90

I think we have stepped into the 90's. Man, those were the times...

Also, changed Personas avatars again. Had to be one of the new look of Apollo. The next one should be Persona-related, however

Astra

Yep, that was all on Bionix. I loved that block so much - it introduced me to Inuyasha, which was the first series I really got invested in. Good memories, that.

I can't believe how vivid all my memories of this stuff is.

It was my introduction to the world of anime, really. I watched FMA, Inu Yasha, Witch Hunter Robin and all that good stuff. Then they stopped showing all of it, bastards.

Squire

Banned
This is it guys! The next issue of Famitsu has info on the Atlus game we've all been waiting for!

!!

!!!

!!!!

Dragon's Crown

Dantis

So after a short conversation about how I wouldn't be on here if it wasn't for the Arena region lock last night on Steam, I went back to look at my first ever post.

Man, I was mad. Pretty interesting to see how many names I now recognise in the topic though, including Inorigo and Omikaru.

This is it guys! The next issue of Famitsu has info on the Atlus game we've all been waiting for!

!!

!!!

!!!!

Dragon's Crown

Dragon's Crown is actually Persona 5 with a heavy change of direction.

You heard it here first.

That's it. I got the True Ending for P4G. Not the Extended Ending, though. I'll save that for NG+.

Watching the climax of Persona 3, 4's final boss feels limp in comparison, but it still kicked major ass.

Meia

4 didn't do as good of a job about the whole scope of the last boss as 3 did, but given both natures, it's understandable.

Levito

Banned
Jello linked this on twitter:

iPRKjPV.png

Way too god damn cute.

Marche90

^PFffff! Hahahahaha, that is awesome. You managed to get me LOL here where I am.

Man, running with only 3 hours of sleep. I can barely keep my eyes opened and I have an exam in 5 hours. Yikes...

Jello linked this on twitter:

Way too god damn cute.

You gotta accept all of the request!

Also, what the hell happened to Inorigo? I wonder what he did to get banned...

He's in the Steam group already. TaleSpun.

Also, has anyone played Maken? I'm tempted to download it because Meguro and Kaneko, but I dunno.

heard the port was screwed up texture wise and that there was nothing they could do to fix it so they released it as is.

Omikaru

heard the port was screwed up texture wise and that there was nothing they could do to fix it so they released it as is.

Warped textures in corridors. Besides that, it's (apparently) fine. I couldn't say for sure though, as I'm reluctant to plonk the £4 down to try it...

Dantis

Warped textures in corridors. Besides that, it's (apparently) fine. I couldn't say for sure though, as I'm reluctant to plonk the £4 down to try it...

It's a similar price for a proper PS2 version, it seems. I guess it's just a case of working out which would be better.

As an aside, I listened to the soundtrack, and it is excellent. Meguro still had it, even back in the Dreamcast days. ;)

It's a similar price for a proper PS2 version, it seems. I guess it's just a case of working out which would be better.

As an aside, I listened to the soundtrack, and it is excellent. Meguro still had it, even back in the Dreamcast days. ;)

The real dumb choice of Maken Shao was the camera angle change I'd say. It was developed as an FPS, making it into a TPS is kind of a wierd choice, esp being non optional.

I got another question about P4G and it seems this is the best place to ask.

What happens when you romance someone? Is there another social link that levels up as you "date"? Should I do it as soon as possible or is there no rush?

I'm thinking of going for Naoto... she's so adorable ^.^

Sophia

I got another question about P4G and it seems this is the best place to ask.

What happens when you romance someone? Is there another social link that levels up as you "date"? Should I do it as soon as possible or is there no rush?

I'm thinking of going for Naoto... she's so adorable ^.^

There's no difference between a romantic social link and a non-romantic one. Just different scenes. You'll have to suffer the consequences if you date multiple people tho.

Venfayth

I did not know Persona had it's own community thread now. o.o

Subscribed!

As a related note, Izsha from the new SC2 Expansion Pack: Heart of the Swarm sounds EXACTLY like Aigis. They're both Karen Strassman :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom