• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Probably the greatest picture I have ever drawn.

dojimanarukamicolour.png

Meia

The Nanahiko pic is NIGHTMARE FUEL. Worse than the shadow nanako one. "Where have you been BIG BRO?!" *shudders*

And yeah, that hard boiled detective Yu pic is awesome, great job on it!

Tomb Raider was an amazing game, can't wait for the sequel and hoping it follows the trends of every other "new" IP this gen: First game good with some flaws, second game improves over everything from the first and is awe-inspiring.

Narukami's ringtone in the anime is a very nice touch, but ah...I've heard it enough prior to watching this.

It's the game over theme from Catherine.

FluxWaveZ

Narukami's ringtone in the anime is a very nice touch, but ah...I've heard it enough prior to watching this.

It's the game over theme from Catherine.

It's not just the theme. Most of that episode is a reference to Catherine, with the relationship troubles, the cell phone and it's also the first—and perhaps the only time—where the viewers hear Narukami's inner thoughts concerning a relationship dilemma like what often happens to Vincent.

Hey guys, I'm new to the Persona series, playing Persona 4. It's pretty solid so far, but I've reached the bath house boss and I get totally annihilated every time. Just wondering if I'm underleveled? I'm ~Lv.22. The furthest I've got is by using sukukaja, that move Yosuke uses to remove stat buffs, and guard on the turn he uses that move that hits everyone. Even then it still does massive damage and eventually I can't keep up with the media heals and get wiped out.

Tamanon

Banned
Hey guys, I'm new to the Persona series, playing Persona 4. It's pretty solid so far, but I've reached the bath house boss and I get totally annihilated every time. Just wondering if I'm underleveled? I'm ~Lv.22. The furthest I've got is by using sukukaja, that move Yosuke uses to remove stat buffs, and guard on the turn he uses that move that hits everyone. Even then it still does massive damage and eventually I can't keep up with the media heals and get wiped out.

Yeah, I'd say you're a bit underleveled. I want to say I was aronud 25 or 26 whenever fighting that boss.

Meia

If you're not, try to have your MC have a persona with at least media as well. Two characters each turn casting media, if there's still not enough healing, something bad is happening. Also do not discount Tarunda, which lowers an enemy's damage. This point in the game you don't have the party wide buffs to your party, so to me, usually it just kind of wastes sp/time keeping the single versions on yourself(minus tarukaja, especially if you're only attacking with 1 or 2 characters a turn). Debuffs to bosses though? Always good. Even with the Tarukaja example, casting Rakunda against the boss will almost give you the same power equivalent of Tarukaja'ing everyone anyway(the reason to still want to of course is these effects play off each other).

And don't remember what I was at when i did it. Think I was always closer to 15 or something with Yukiko's, so you may be a tad underleveled. Usually persona selection winds up being more of a determining factor though.

Sophia

Mind blown x 2

Sampling music like that seems pretty common in video games.

Yeah, I'd say you're a bit underleveled. I want to say I was aronud 25 or 26 whenever fighting that boss.

You can beat Shadow Kanji at level 22, but it requires well set up Personae and perfect gameplay. If you're playing Golden it's pretty easy, if you're playing regular P4 not so much... Focus on Nice Guy first, and have Yosuke counter his buffs with Dekaja. Make sure Yukiko has a defensive buff if you have it.

If you're playing Golden, then Chie's only role is to keep Nice Guy locked down forever and nothing else. Nice Guy and Tough Guy have were given weaknesses in Golden that are easy to exploit.

Astra

I couldn't resist the urge to start up P3 FES again. The difference between playing it on my PS2 and PCSX2 is amazing. I played a little bit on the PS2 for comparison, and it made my eyes bleed.

Meia

I bought the PSN version instead of doing the same with the computer, and kind of regretted it. Yeah, nice to give some money, but at the same token the coloring bugs I had on the PSN version were seizure inducing, especially on the last block of Tartarus. :\

Astra

You are using the widescreen hacks, right?

Save this to PCSX2's cheats folder and enable cheats.

If you want progressive scan, edit the file there to remove the comments marks on the 480p code.

Thanks. I haven't done any optimizations yet, as I only played an hour or so.
I'm getting strange artifacts on the ground as I run through the school and dorms. It's only slightly distracting, but I hope I can get rid of them all the same.

Meia

Took you a moment? I didn't even realize there was a pun there til you brought it up. :p

What do you call people who play tennis? There ya go. :p

Marche90

ROFL!

Also, Hi. I've been freaking busy for the last days. Oh, the joys of college...

Also, better than usual that drawing, Dantis. Looks awesome.

EDIT: Uh... I had forgotten that I uploaded my Mii as this month's avatar. Figures, I had forgotten about that. I think I need to add something SMT-related now, since I feel weird with it as it is now.

Uncle AJ

The scope of my P4A combo video nearly doubled in scope last night after outlining the script. And I had way too much fun learning j.B loops on Yosuke and Narukami over the weekend to get much work done on it.

Also even with 50mbps down and 5mbps up I have yet to get a match online with "Fast Connections" as a restriction. Sadface.

FluxWaveZ

Also even with 50mbps down and 5mbps up I have yet to get a match online with "Fast Connections" as a restriction. Sadface.

What matters most is location. Aren't that many players now on either consoles, so unless you live in Japan, it'll be difficult to find a 3-4 bar connection.

Dantis

ROFL!

EDIT: Uh... I had forgotten that I uploaded my Mii as this month's avatar. Figures, I had forgotten about that. I think I need to add something SMT-related now, since I feel weird with it as it is now.

Cheers, friend!

I hadn't even realised it was you at first. Your avatar messed me up, haha.

Sophia

What matters most is location. Aren't that many players now on either consoles, so unless you live in Japan, it'll be difficult to find a 3-4 bar connection.

I wish they'd just add a direct indicator of latency. You never know if one bar means "Unplayable mess" or "slightly laggy."

Mazre

P3FES and Nocturne in my mailbox when I arrived home from work today. Dinner complete. Down the rabbit hole I go. Also hooray for proper full color manuals!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
ROFL!

So is March Mii Avatar month or something?

Meia

I think I remember the manual for Nocturne being humongous too. Been awhile since I pulled out the case and looked at it. Ah, back when manuals existed, good times...

But yeah, have fun. :)

cjkeats

I think I remember the manual for Nocturne being humongous too. Been awhile since I pulled out the case and looked at it. Ah, back when manuals existed, good times...

But yeah, have fun. :)
The one that came with mine wasn't too big, and I assume its the same.
Now Strange Journey, is gigantic.
Also, when I got SJ the summer and was flipping through it and looked at the credits and saw Nich there. I remember thinking "oh it's actually his name. Huh"

Meia

The first time you run into that accursed thing it's certainly an......experience.

Nocturne was my first Shin Megami ANYTHING, and thought I was doing ok for myself, then BRICK WALL. Man, was that an eye opener. :p

May be getting the manual thing confused with the strategy guide, which was, I think, the last one I ever actually bought. That thing was beastly.

EDIT: Yep, just checked, 38 pages. Little mail in thing in the back or whatever made it feel heavier than it was. :p

Marche90

Cheers, friend!

I hadn't even realised it was you at first. Your avatar messed me up, haha.

I think I'll return to my normal Avatar as soon as this month ends... I betcha no one recognized me with the changed avatar.

So is March Mii Avatar month or something?

Sort of. The thread got buried, but there was an initiative to make March a Mii avatar month. Got along with it 'cause I wanted to use my Mii here lol.

Astra

He's difficult for people who aren't accustomed to battles that require elemental resistances and buffs/debuffs to survive.

I suppose that's true. He did kill my party the first time, but after a little preparation for him, he wasn't very tough at all. Kind of annoying when he kept dodging, though.

Meia

He's also difficult for people like me who's first experience with this series at all was this game. It's a trial by fire, if you will. :p

Mazre

P3FES First Impressions:

Music is great.

Tartarus actually has some teeth, managed to game over on my first voluntary trip in, was just about to leave too and got myself stunlocked by a shadow right next to the exit. Does fatigue improve with char level/story progression? Everyone was tired before I left the second floor.

Have a real good feeling about the cast. Already like Junpei.

Meia

Not sure if it improves with level, or distance in the game. The two are related, so who knows?

For the most part, don't think I ever fought while tired/sick either, usually knew enough to get the hell out before it happened. Grinding is fine though, though it leads to more trips inside. Also a good idea to get into the habit of going in while the MC is in "Great" status. Beginning you want to always study, but if you use the restroom, there's always a chance of getting a status boost(only works once a day).

But yeah, even knowing the game systems inside and out by now, you WILL see game overs, and will occasionally lose a fair bit of progress because of it(distance between dungeon checkpoints increases on higher floors).

cj_iwakura

On a whim, I'm working on an image edit for the Soul Hackers thread, and it's possibly the stupidest thing ever.

Nemissa Explains It All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom